Week 11 NCAA plays

HUNT

CTG Partner
Staff member
Juiced out last week

Michigan -3 at -110 for 3 units

Bottom line, I think UM wins this game. They have already gone into hostile environments and proven they can win (Illinois, MSU). it was a great come behind victory in E. Lansing yesterday aided by Henne having a helluva final 7 minutes. He is probably 80% and couldn't even throw the ball as of last Wednesday in practice..he has shown me some moxie I haven't seen from him in 3 years. Mike Hart was probably 80% as well and still ran for over 100 yards.

Wisconsin is reeling. They have injuries and have been killed by penalties this year, truly a dissapointing season for them overall.

I think UM's defense has improved drastically since Oregon..Wisky will get their points, but UM will make the timely stops. Should be a great game.

I think UM gets this done and will go into 11/17 sky high.

This seems like a tricky spot for Michigan to me. In all honesty this game is completely meaningless. They win the BCS if they beat Ohio State in the finale, they get second place locked up if they lose to the Buckeyes. This happens if they win or lose in this one. This game will have zero effect on their postseason plans.

And this is a very tough place to play in Wisconsin, versus a team that has decent players and good coaching, they should be ready to play. There has to be a letdown after a nice come from behind victory in East Lansing and how could the players not already be thinking about downing OSU, especially since they were counted out before the season.

On paper I like Michigan, but this has to be a terrible terrible spot for them. Lets see what happens and I really hope they fucking win this game.

VASY!

counselor, it doesn't matter. I capped it with him playing.

RSM, I understand your point, but Illinois at night was a bad spot and look what happened. PSU was a bad spot with Mallett starting and look what happened. MSU's season was last week and look what happened. UM continues to take care of business and Lloyd Carr does not look ahead. The big 3 Long, Hart and Henne won't let these guys look ahead.

They could definitely lose this game, but they will be focused and win. I know they don't need to win this but they have been on a mission since Oregon and I don't see it ending here.

Adding:

Ohio State -15 at -110 for 2 units

Ohio Sate takes care of business too. Tressel is too good a coach to let them slack. Illinois will be initmidated and beat down. Juice might throw on the golden gopher D but not on Ohio State's D.

as in USC? I'm leaning that way bro...they are getting healthier by the week and JDB got the rust off last week.

Wisky lost what seemed like 7 defensive players during our game last week...just really got beat up physically in the 2nd half...that was a hard hitting game..

I know two DT's got carted off....

Reeling would be a good term...

This seems like a tricky spot for Michigan to me. In all honesty this game is completely meaningless. They win the BCS if they beat Ohio State in the finale, they get second place locked up if they lose to the Buckeyes. This happens if they win or lose in this one. This game will have zero effect on their postseason plans.

And this is a very tough place to play in Wisconsin, versus a team that has decent players and good coaching, they should be ready to play. There has to be a letdown after a nice come from behind victory in East Lansing and how could the players not already be thinking about downing OSU, especially since they were counted out before the season.

On paper I like Michigan, but this has to be a terrible terrible spot for them. Lets see what happens and I really hope they fucking win this game.

bro with all due respect, this game is AS FAR FROM MEANINGLESS as it can possibley be. the only goal for ohio state AND michigan is to have the best possible records in the B10 and square of last game. michigan is gonna want this thing, BAD. just IMO

:shake:

gl hunt

bro with all due respect, this game is AS FAR FROM MEANINGLESS as it can possibley be. the only goal for ohio state AND michigan is to have the best possible records in the B10 and square of last game. michigan is gonna want this thing, BAD. just IMO

:shake:

gl hunt
I think Meaningless is a ridiculous stretch..but I do get where he's coming from w/ the spot..

Think back to the spot w/ Illy last year w/ TOSU almost losing 17-10 after they fell asleep in the 2nd half..

Mich has a big sandwich spot between rivalries here....but just don't see any letdown playing into this game...

1. because Wisky at Camp Randall is self explanatory....it's a tough place to play and Hart and Co has alot of stupid people on that team (Wink), but they realize its no cake walk...

2. a team on a mission...the goal isn't just Big Ten title or Rose Bowl or yada, yada...it's redemption from emberrassment...UM's was losing to an inferior battery..just like tOSU is playing after getting emberrased on a National Stage....both teams are playing w/ redemption...

Too many seniors to overlook anyone after that start...esp for a coach that I'm sure (despite our opinion of him), they know is leaving in two more conf games...

All that said...Wisky still has a talent and beckum is a terrible mismatch for whoever UM puts on him...two keys..can Wisky stop the UM running game (this is where tOSU dismantled them the 2nd half and injuries really showed through the lack of depth up front) and can Um get pressure on the QB...that's the key to stopping Donovan..

This game is a tossup IMO...but lookaheads and letdowns won't be the reason IMO..it's matchups..

50/50 deal.

Adding:

Ohio State -15 at -110 for 2 units

Ohio Sate takes care of business too. Tressel is too good a coach to let them slack. Illinois will be initmidated and beat down. Juice might throw on the golden gopher D but not on Ohio State's D.

I'm still recovering from that moose job that Ohio St gave me with my Wisconsin +16 bet.

GL this week man

why would it be a joke ?

i hope you know something / feel something about this game because I don't feel like it will be very close and I would love for it to be since I will be in attendance. GL if you play us on the ML

best thing i can tell you is to wait till later in the week until the injury report comes out for SC

Also is their 11th straight game, dunno if I've said that enough

Last edited:
jump pretty much gave me my wirte up..thanks JUMPONBOARD! lol..no, seriously he and steed are right, I don't think OSU and UM are taking any games off before the big one. There is a lot of smack talk this week in the media between MSU/UM and I think UM is jsut sky high and confident right now..that doesn't bode well for wisky.

gridiron...no way you should have lost that game, u had the right call bro. OSU just finally gave it to beanie over and over in the 2nd half and that spelled doom for wisky.

thanks pags..gl to you this week to bro.

ETG..Throw has a point, I don't fuck with spurrier as a home dog, especially if it's florida and that heartbreaking loss from last year. Plus, they are at home. Will be a wild one....but u know your cocks better than anyone ;)

Michigan's Henne, Hart declare themselves good-to-go for Wisconsin

November 5, 2007
By MARK SNYDER
FREE PRESS SPORTS WRITER
Rest easy, Michigan fans, at least this week you know where your stars will be -- in the game.
Both quarterback Chad Henne and tailback Mike Hart appeared before the local media today and declared themselves fit enough for this weekend’s game against Wisconsin.

Henne said his separated right shoulder is still a distraction and Hart said his right high ankle sprain is still recovering but neither gave any indication that they would miss the game.

In fact, both were enthusiastic about their final stretch of two regular-season games and said their injuries are improving.

“Sometimes I can’t make certain cuts I would normally make but other than that it’s fine,” Hart said. “Obviously, as the game goes on, it’s more irritating, but this week it will be fine. I’m not really worried about it limiting me this week.”

As he said after the Michigan State game, the injury will continue to improve as long as he gets treatment.

“I didn’t injure myself anymore, it’s just a day-to-day process,” Hart said.

Henne, who said he has a minor separation in his shoulder and he’s heard of worse ones when people need surgery, saw no reason he won’t play.

“It feels pretty good,” Henne said. “I got treatment this morning, it definitely got a lot tighter and it feels a lot better.”

After not throwing in the regular practice drills last week, Henne said he expects to be much more involved in this week’s practices.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=left colSpan=3><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD align=left>JS ONLINE: SPORTS: BADGER: FOOTBALL:
<!-- END JSO_COOKIE_CRUMB --></TD><TD align=right><!-- BEGIN EMAIL THIS STORY -->E-MAIL | PRINT
THIS STORY
<!-- END EMAIL THIS STORY --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><!-- topper file --><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left width=610><!-- BEGIN JSO_INDEX_CONTENT -->
Badgers lose more than just the game

Three key starters sidelined by injury

By MARK STEWART
mstewart@journalsentinel.com

Posted: Nov. 3, 2007

Columbus, Ohio - As the score grew increasingly one-sided Saturday, one had to wonder if it's possible for Ohio State to account for two Wisconsin losses in a row.
<!--Begin Sidebar--><TABLE class=sidebar cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width=137 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=sb_hed align=left>
spec.gif
UW Football</TD></TR><TR><TD class=sb_base align=left>
Photo/Joe Koshollek
Jason Chapman, one of three UW starters injured Saturday, is carted off the field.
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=sb_subhed align=left>Online Exclusives</TD></TR><TR><TD class=sb_base align=left>Audio: Post-game interviews
Gameday commentary
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=sb_subhed align=left>Related Coverage</TD></TR><TR><TD class=sb_base align=left>Game story: Taking, losing control
Hunt: Badgers came out swinging
Sacks: Donovan marked with a bull's eye
Wounded: Three key starters sidelined by injury
Notes: Brown makes an impression
Report card: Grading the Badgers
Badger report: Saturday at a glance
TV: UW fans driven to the bars
Box score: Scoring, statistics
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=sb_subhed align=left>Other Games</TD></TR><TR><TD class=sb_base align=left>Big Ten: Saturday roundup
WIAC: Saturday roundup
State colleges: Saturday roundup
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=sb_subhed align=left>Poll</TD></TR><TR><TD class=sb_base align=left>What 'silver lining' do you take out of the UW-Ohio State game?

Click here <TR><TD class=sb_subhed align=left></TD></TR><TR><TD class=sb_base align=left>
uw_michigan.gif
generic.gif
WHAT: UW (7-3, 3-3) vs. Michigan (8-2, 6-0)
<!--
generic.gif
WHERE: Beaver Stadium (107,282)
-->
generic.gif
WHERE: Camp Randall Stadium (80,321), Madison
generic.gif
WHEN: Nov. 10; 11 a.m.
generic.gif
BROADCASTS: TV - ESPN; Radio - Wisconsin Radio Network
generic.gif
MORE COVERAGE: Ann Arbor News
<!--
generic.gif
BOWLS: 2006-'07 schedule, results
--><!--LAST GAME-->
generic.gif
LAST GAME: Ohio State 38, UW 17
generic.gif
Big Ten: Scores | Standings | Leaders
generic.gif
Top 25: Polls | Scoreboard <TR><TD class=sb_subhed align=left>New! Badgers Blog</TD></TR><TR><TD class=sb_base align=left>
badgersblog_image-125.jpg

Jeff Potrykus, Mark Stewart and Dave Heller bring fans the latest news, inside dope and links from around the Web.

<SCRIPT language=javascript src="http://www.jsonline.com/blocks/widgets/blogwidget.asp?blogid=98&count=3&title=Badgers"></SCRIPT>[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]LATEST POSTS
document.gif
Kickoff for UW-Minnesota TBD
document.gif
Langford and Chapman out; Hill uncertain
document.gif
Bielema: Langford probably out for season

View all badgers blog posts »
[/FONT] <TR><TD class=sb_subhed align=left>Badgers Etc.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=sb_base align=left>Roster
Depth chart
Statistics
Schedule
'06 Review
Photo galleries
Audio archive
Big Ten scores
Big Ten standings
uwbadgers.com
bigten.org
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=sb_subhed align=left>Online Chat</TD></TR><TR><TD class=sb_base align=left>
jeffpotrykus-50.jpg
Jeff Potrykus answers your questions in his weekly Monday chat.
POST QUESTION <TR><TD class=sb_subhed align=left>NCAA Etc.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=sb_base align=left>Live scoreboards
Schedules
Statistics
Standings
AP Top 25
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=sb_subhed align=left>Badgers Forum</TD></TR><TR><TD class=sb_base align=left>Got something to get off your chest? Voice your opinion and interact with other fans in our free Badgers Forum.
Go to Forum </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!--End Sidebar-->

However, the Badgers' chances of knocking off the Wolverines appeared to take a major blow, with three starters lost to injury during the game against the Buckeyes. Cornerback Allen Langford went down with a knee injury in the first quarter, right tackle Eric Vanden Heuvel was sidelined with an apparent lower leg or foot injury in the third and defensive tackle Jason Chapman appeared to suffer a knee injury in the fourth.
Also, return man David Gilreath sat out the second half because of a tight hamstring.
UW coach Bret Bielema didn't provide details on the injuries, but what he said about Langford and Chapman wasn't good.
"I know Allen's was pretty significant, they feel, and the same thing with Chappy," he said.
Langford's injury was announced by UW. Chapman's wasn't, but his leg was immobilized, just as Langford's was. Both players needed crutches. Vanden Heuvel's injury also wasn't announced, but after he was taken to the locker room for further examination, he returned with his shoe off.
The Badgers have capable backups in the secondary and along the offensive line.
Langford was replaced by freshman Aaron Henry, who starts in the nickel package and has come off the bench often this year. Where Langford's loss could hurt the most is when UW goes to its nickel package, where there appears to be a significant gap between Henry and Ben Strickland, the next man in line.
Vanden Heuvel was replaced by sophomore Jake Bscherer, who opened camp as the No. 1 left tackle, but saw the job go to redshirt freshman Gabe Carimi.
Replacing Chapman won't be as easy. The Badgers were already thin on the defensive line, particularly at tackle.
Mike Newkirk, who has played end and tackle, could play more tackle, his natural position, and freshman end Kirk DeCremer could get more snaps. Sophomores Jeff Stehle (6 feet 6 inches 297 pounds) and Dan Cascone (6-3, 291) could also play tackle.
The unit's play will be critical against Michigan, which entered play Saturday ranked fourth in the league in rushing with 203.4 yards per game.
The Wolverines' defense will also provide a major test. They entered play Saturday ranked fifth in the league in rushing defense, allowing just 128.6 yards per game and 3.6 yards per carry.
Bscherer says he's ready for the challenge, if called upon. As Joe Thomas' backup last season, Bscherer practiced with the starters every Tuesday, Thomas' day off. And two weeks ago, he took every snap in practice one day when Vanden Heuvel didn't practice because of a minor injury.
"I've prepared before with the (first team) and stuff so if Vandy is not ready to go, I'll step in there and be prepared," Bscherer said.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

ETG..Throw has a point, I don't fuck with spurrier as a home dog, especially if it's florida and that heartbreaking loss from last year. Plus, they are at home. Will be a wild one....but u know your cocks better than anyone ;)

:seeya:

wow that sounds terrible.

I think it will be a fun game to watch as in a lot of scoring but I don't think we will win this game. We can win the game but not playing like we have the last 2 weeks. It would take a full 60minute effort to pull this one out. The bottom line is that we just don't defend running QB's well, we have matchup problems with guys like Ingram, we are going to be without our best cover corner and our leading tackler is all banged up. This is the 11th game in a row for them as well so its a lot to overcome here. I really like the over with that said, think the offense can get anywhere from 27+, what the defense gives up this week, who knows.

will anser ?'s later...in a time crunch.

following Yanks and BAR on their advice.

ASU -7 at -110 for 3 units

With you big time HUNT on your Wolverines. Think they come into Madison and handle the Badgers quite easily

thanks fellas...no look ahead counselor, these are the big 3's final two games and there is no way they will be looking ahead. If they lose or don't cover it isn't becasue they looked ahead. I can't really speak for OSU in that regard but this is the best team in the country at home and Illinois will find ways to beat themselves in this game.

LOT of scoring ETG.

thanks for the luck fellas.

Purdue -4 at -110 for 2 units

Dantonio and MSU has spent all week crying about the UM loss, no way they are focused on Purdue. UM was MSU's season..quit crying and reset your damn clock another 360 days Dantonio.

adding:

UF/SCarolina O59.5 at -110 for 2 units

These teams might score every series.

thanks fellas...no look ahead counselor, these are the big 3's final two games and there is no way they will be looking ahead. If they lose or don't cover it isn't becasue they looked ahead. I can't really speak for OSU in that regard but this is the best team in the country at home and Illinois will find ways to beat themselves in this game.

LOT of scoring ETG.

thanks for the luck fellas.

Purdue -4 at -110 for 2 units

Dantonio and MSU has spent all week crying about the UM loss, no way they are focused on Purdue. UM was MSU's season..quit crying and reset your damn clock another 360 days Dantonio.
U know this is a heavy lean for me...why have I not played yet...prolly the PU defense..LOL

Back