Week 10 Thoughts:

E.T.G.

One of trus baby mommas
no plays yet, just thoughts

Thursday Night:

Surprised by the line here, I have it as a PK at worse. VT will have to rebound on the road after a tough loss to BC so are they mentally prepared is the question. GT is 3-1 at home while VT is 2-1 on the road. Seems like Ore found some of his swagger last week vs. BC and their defense was quite impressive sans the last 5 minutes vs. a top 3 QB in College ball. Will it be Glennon or Taylor? I see Tyrod going if he is 100% and that could be an issue with a young QB on the road vs. an aggressive defense. GT is lacking depth and their top 2 RB's, frosh Dwyer will be good but is he going to find yards vs. this defense? Can Bennett win this game with his arm? There are a lot of questions on this thursday night battle. The total seems almost too easy but I'll be a sucker and bite on the under most likely. I think I would rather have Glennon at QB due to experience but that shithead is a liability with the ball in his hands as it is. I won't lay points with GT here though. Lean to VT +2.5, ML, Under 41

Friday:

They really went out of their way to get some exciting games here for this night. I hate the MAC and I don't lay points in that conference unless its a rare circumstance. With that said, which dog is best to play. Temple off a bye with a new QB or Akron in the battle of Ohio. I am going to skip both, have no desire to put my money on either team. Nevada is interesting though although it will require road chalk. Nevada got its first road win last time it went out vs. Utah St but they didn't play sound football. Holbrook is going to get his yards but he has to be lost without his #1-#3 receiver (i know only 1 guy is out but he accounts for 3). Nevada has played some decent pass defense and they have good balance on offense. I think Kapernick is still without a turnover and I like him commanding the offense. At the moment, the lean is on Nevada -7 which opened at -4.5

Saturday:

Wisky +15.5: Tough for me to ignore this many points here but its a very small lean for me and not much overall feel on this game.

Vandy +15.5: Too many points in an SEC matchup is what this is. Vandy would like to keep this game low scoring and not trade point for point but getting almost 17 won't make it that necessary. Vandy has played UF tough for years and they are a scrappy bunch that is good on both lines on each side of the ball. They have the #2 or #3 defense in the SEC and that should help with this many points.

Troy +16.5: Troy's games vs. the big schools of the SEC have not gone all that well but UGA is in a letdown spot and they've beat 3 teams this yr by enough points to cover this spread (Ok St, WCar, Ole Miss). I think Troy can hang around for a little in this game and keep it under 17.

ECU -5: I am trying to avoid road chalk unless I am sure of it and I kind of like ECU here on the road. Memphis has won 2 in a row but they don't have any quality wins and are just getting by versus the poorer teams in CUSA. ECU on the other hand has taken down Hous, UCF, UTEP and they are battle tested. Memphis has not played any defense as of late and that could be a problem. ECU pass defense scares me a little bit here.

LSU -7: There is not much I need to say about this game. LSU will be motivated for this game and I think they matchup real well with Bama. I think this could be the week the LSU defense starts to resemble that defense we saw earlier in the yr by stuffing Bama. JPW will be running for his life but LSU must get a better pass rush than they have this yr, the one weakness I thought they had and they do. Early Doucet will continue to make an impact on the offense as he nears full speed/strength.

LaTech -3: Took them on the road last week and they played decent, thought they could of played much better. LT has playes stout run defense as of late and that is a huge key in stopping Idaho. LaTech has also shown me much more this yr in battles with Hawaii and Boise, although, both were at home. This is a revenge game for LT so they should have some motivation going back on the road. Do I want to lay road chalk with these guys again? Maybe I'll take a shot on the ML.

Missouri -3: This is a dangerous game for Missouri and I am fully aware of that. Colorado certainly has made some turn around this yr and they have played real tough at home (Kansas, Oky, FSU) but at the end of the day I think Missouri has too much fire power and is set for a rematch with Oklahoma.

Washington -3: Possible here I would just eat the juice and play the ML but I just can't see them losing to a depleted Stanford team. Thats really all there is to this game for me.

RU +2: I am still not a believer in UCONN so I will call on the 1st Cinderella to dispell the new Cinderella. I didn't fade UCONN last week but I will this week. Ray Rice and company looked like utter dog shit vs. WVU but they didn't matchup well with them, just too much speed from the NEER'S. UConn is not nearly as explosive, they would rather grind out yards and keep this one low scoring with solid defense and ball contol offense. I believe in Shiano and don't believe in the Huskies.

Tulsa -6: Do I really want to do this to myself? I don't know but it is tempting.

SoCar +4.5: See the SC thread, I think SC wins SU if they are focused and ready to play. That is a big if which needs some investigating because this is a young bunch.

BC -6.5: I think with good weather, the BC offense might of looked a little better last week. Regardless, the ever inconsistent Seminoles will have to take the road off a very confident team who feels disrespected by most of America. Is this too many points? Not sure yet. I am a bit worried that FSU will be able to throw on BC.

Thats all for now.

enjoy your thoughts on all of these games , etg. already on washington and i am seriouslyt considering wisconsin at this point.

Agree with you on the friday games ... think i will just sit back, have a beer or two and enjoy the games. maybe find a halftime value somewhere.

gl as always etg

Seriously, I'm getting tired of SC's bullshit...they badly need to win this game. I deserve a win on this prop bet after they started 6-1.

Not going to bet the game, just because I already practically have money on it with this bet. They aren't going to beat Florida, but I think they will beat Clemson - so I really need them to win this if I have any hope of actually winning the bet.

Seriously, I'm getting tired of SC's bullshit...they badly need to win this game. I deserve a win on this prop bet after they started 6-1.

Not going to bet the game, just because I already practically have money on it with this bet. They aren't going to beat Florida, but I think they will beat Clemson - so I really need them to win this if I have any hope of actually winning the bet.

:hang:

I feel your pain. I have 3.6 units sittin on the Over 7 wins so I am waiting for this shit to happen. AHH

I'll worry about UF next week but they clearly have some issues on defense just I don't know if SC can stop Super-Tebow and his read option. As for Clemsux, I would be surprised if we lost to them, especially coming off a bye with 2 weeks to prepare for them.

Agree with you on the friday games ... think i will just sit back, have a beer or two and enjoy the games. maybe find a halftime value somewhere.

gl as always etg

timeout bro.

a beer or 2?

step ya game up :cheers:

Not College Football, but I will be playing BC Lions -7 this weekend in the CFL. All you need to know about the play is in this thread:

http://www.cappingthegame.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39641

I spent a lot of time learning about the CFL in early summer and Sammy Meatballs knows his shit in that league. With only 8 teams, its not too hard to get a good feel for the programs. This BC team is the best in the league and I will ride them here.

Done some more thinking about these games. Nothing locked in yet but I have a good idea where most my money will be.

Wash -3, ML
LaTech -3, ML
SC +4.5, ML
RU +2, ML
ECU -5
BC Lions -7
AF Over 45 (JPICKS)

I have eliminated BC, Missouri, Friday Night, Vandy (even though I think they cover).

Not sure at all what to do with Troy and Wisky

Still debating Thursday night. Under, VT, Both?

ETG...BOL this week...I'm a big lover of road chalk again this week...ECU and Nevada are my big plays. :cheers:

BC Lions -7 (triple play): I got 3x as much money on this CFL game than any other. Someone very respected in CFL also has BC so I upped my bet, he is 12-5-1 on the yr in CFL.

Nevada -6 -120 (double play): I bought the 1/2 point because I am anal and hate hooks, I'll eat the juice if it ends up losing, whatever. Nevada got its first road win last time it went out vs. Utah St but they didn't play sound football. They dominated the stats but let UtSt hang around due to turnovers in the redzone and blew my cover. Holbrook is banged up but if healthy, he is going to get his yards but he has to be lost without his #1-#3 receiver(Williams). Nevada has played some decent pass defense and they have good balance on offense and they have more firepower on offense than NMST. Kapernick has some good stats and with each start he gets more and more comfortable. Lets go Wolf Pack!

Good Luck etg. I like Nevada too but the number was right on the nose for me. GL :cheers:

At first I was hesitant but Holbrook is banged up, they are on short rest, Williams going down cripples the passing game and their touchdowns, their rush offense sucks which Nevada can't defend and Nevada does decent vs. the pass. I think the Nevada offense will continue to get better each week with Kapernick, kid moves them down the field and they score points with him at the helm. I think Nevada wins this game by 13-17 points.

ETG - Already with you on Nevada bro. Liking the way your card is shaping up.

I lean slightly to South Carolina, but McFadden scares me. He had a ton of success last season against the Gamecocks, though I do think Spurrier will have the offense ready to go this Saturday. The only reason I haven't pulled the trigger yet is the matchup between the Gamecocks D and McFadden.

GL this week brotha!

:cheers:

Nevada -6 (-120) x 2
South Carolina +5.5 x 2
South Carolina ML +200

BC Lions -7 x 3
ECU -5.5
Army Over 45 x 2
LaTech -3 x 2
LaTech ML -155 x 2
Washington -3 x 2
Washington ML -155 x 2

I will prob play a 1st half line on the BC Lions as well. That game is going to be a massacre. Line is up to -9.5 and I seen it at -10.5 yesterday

Back