Week 10 MACtion w Marsski

Marsski

MAC Marvel
NCAA YTD: 39-37, -2.35
Multi sport parlays: 0-2, -0.9
Pros: 10-6, +2.9

Fading BG here, Kent is building for the future while BG is in disarray....will have some more MACtion this week for sure....

All plays one unit unless otherwise indicated

Card goes here:

Tuesday
Kent State -1.5 (-109)
Buffalo TT over 30.5 (-115)

Wednesday
Toledo -18.5 (half unit)

3 Team parlay Thursday/Sat: Ohio +2/BC -2/Army-7 1 unit to win 6

Thursday
Ohio U. -1 2 unit play
Ohio Bobcats TT Over 33.5 (-115)

Friday
Zona -3 (-116)

Saturday
THE OSU -17 (-119)
Army -6.5

San Jose St TT Under 12 (-115)...1.5 unit bet
BC -2.5 (-112)
Duke +8 (-102)

Northwestern +10
Northwestern TT Over 20 (-115)
LSU +14.5
LSU ML .35 to win 1.58 (+450)

Utah State -18
2H Wazzou -3.5 (half unit)

(Updated 50-43, +4.36)

Pros
Steelers +3 (-125)
Browns Under 51.5

Last edited:
Thinking Kent as well. That loss to Akron was gut wrenching, but with a week in between hopefully eliminates the hangover effect. Agree about what they are building - should equal more optimism and hunger. Will need to have Kent O operating properly because you never know if BG O is going to be 'on' or not. Kent should be able to keep up if necessary.

Buffalo has more upside, feels like a game where a couple more empty possessions for Miami could be difference. I do think they are solid still. That should be a good game.

I can only think of a few times I have seen a college total as low as NIU - Akron....38!

Can’t wait for the Ohio thoughts...thanks and good luck Marski. Appreciate it

The key for Ohio is really the pass defense. They have a very explosive offense led by Rourke, Papi White and Ouelette/Irons that is going to put up big points in the MAC. They have a huge offense line that should be able to block about anyone in the MAC except for NIU.

The defense was really bad early in the year, I think it was a case of a lot of guys getting their feet wet and making mistakes. Tons of blown assignments. The LBs were the leaders of the defense last year (especially Poling) and they missed them early in the season. After getting shredded by everyone they faced, they have put together 6 good quarters of defense here the last 2 weeks in knocking off BG and Ball State.

I'm still worried about Buffalo because of Tyree's ability to rifle the ball downfield. WR Johnson is a bad match-up for everyone in the MAC. I think that game is shaping up as a real dogfight and I think the winner will probably win the East. We'll see how Buffalo looks against Miami tomorrow night, I think they probably find a way to win.

I'd want to have a Buffalo or Ohio future.

Thinking Kent as well. That loss to Akron was gut wrenching, but with a week in between hopefully eliminates the hangover effect. Agree about what they are building - should equal more optimism and hunger. Will need to have Kent O operating properly because you never know if BG O is going to be 'on' or not. Kent should be able to keep up if necessary.

Buffalo has more upside, feels like a game where a couple more empty possessions for Miami could be difference. I do think they are solid still. That should be a good game.

I can only think of a few times I have seen a college total as low as NIU - Akron....38!

BG is an absolute mess right now. I think Kent should be fine coming off a bye although losing the Wagon Wheel like that is tough...

Yes, I like Buffalo to win the game. Miami hasn't seen an offense like this yet. Not sure the 7 though. I might take Buffalo TT over...

Played a 3-teamer in Vegas before I hopped this plane....

3 Team parlay: Ohio +2/BC -2/Army-7 1 unit to win 5

Stay in Vegas for the week and go live online with all the MACtion, we've all done worse things than that

Stay in Vegas for the week and go live online with all the MACtion, we've all done worse things than that

hahaha, I'd love to....

I'm actually leaving this town up $, so I'll take the minor miracle....

Where you been... the penalty box?

hahaha, I'd love to....

I'm actually leaving this town up $, so I'll take the minor miracle....

Where you been... the penalty box?

Fasting and stumping in no particular order and well, yeah, repenting

Fasting and stumping in no particular order and well, yeah, repenting

Good to have you back in time for MACtion. Should be TT Overs this week....Buffalo, Ohio, Toledo could all be playable. I like the Bobcats +2 pretty big I think...defense is finally coming together....especially if Wassink can't go...

Just didn't want the number to move against me anymore in the Ohio game...I don't know much about this WMU freshman QB, but the Bobcats D is starting to improve. It feels like a game where Ohio should control the line of scrimmage and hit some play-action and RPOs

I forgot to talk about that under....I mean, I honestly don't think I could have the Over if it was 35. NIU has the best defense in the MAC, they got a tad lucky against BYU....but they are extremely well-coached and they play hard. They get so many tackles for loss, it's unreal. Tough travel spot to fly to Provo, and go to Akron for a Thursday nighter...It's hard to know with Akron which Cato you are going to get....if its bad Cato, they might get shut out....

I probably won't touch this game, but Zips and the points would be my side I think....especially if they hang a 7 out there

I don't believe you lol....
And there we have it, the resident shrink doesn't even believe me :cry2:

We'll just call it several hours of CTG probation. Reported to the officer on time every time, can't guarantee those reports helped the cause, but it's the holiday season

^^^^Basically a play on Buffalo's passing attack and balanced offense. Johnson really makes a huge difference especially on third down. Miami has good pass D stats but faced some dogs...Cincy in monsoon, Minny, Akron, Kent, Army....big step up in class tonight. Best passing team they will have faced...Marshall threw for 272 in week 1, Western 439...very little wind forecast for Buffalo. When Johnson has played, 48, 36, 35, 42, 24, 31 pts...

Last edited:
Not crazy about tonight's action because I don't know if Guadagni can go for Toledo, but the injuries on the Ball State side of the ball pushed me onto the Rockets. I feel like we saw this movie last year for Ball and it ended with everyone on defense dying.

Ball State back-up QB didn't show much last year in this spot, RB Gilbert is questionable as well as Cards leading tackler. In terms of Toledo, Peters is capable enough at QB--they said it wasn't much of a difference coming out of camp--but I much prefer Guadagni for his dual threat ability. Toledo probably has the best group of WRs in the MAC and Ball State gives up big plays, so it shouldn't matter that much who is tossing the rock.

I was thinking about Toledo TT over but with it @ 42, I can't play it unless Guadagni goes...

Small play on the home team for me.

Toledo -18.5 for half unit

Last edited:
nice Tuesday, congrats. Boy Miami might have lost but they wouldn't go away and I thought they would back door for sure. BOL tonite :cheers3:

nice Tuesday, congrats. Boy Miami might have lost but they wouldn't go away and I thought they would back door for sure. BOL tonite :cheers3:

Easy peasy. Yea, I would have been nervous with a Bulls ticket. Miami just can't get over the hump....this should have been their year. Only thing left for them is to ruin the Bobcats season cuz they ain't winning @ NIU... :cheers3:

GL on the Rockets Mars, monitoring the tt myself and might just take it regardless of QB

I mean, I could talk myself into it with Peters. He's a step down though and 42 is a big number...I have a slight lean to the under I guess in a double back-up QB scenario...

:breakdance:

One thing about Toledo, they have great special teams. Have had some great returns and TDs called back by penalty this year but I would almost expect UT to make a meaningful ST play tonight.

Everyone and their Mom is betting Nebraska. I'll take Urban Meyer off a bye and the Bucks off a bad loss.

ADD:

THE OSU -17 (-119)

Akron game: Lean Zips catching the points v. NIU. I love NIU's defense but they really never put you away with an offense that struggles to move the chains consistently. Terrible spot for NIU coming back from Provo and now on the road in cold and rainy Akron. This game should end about 13-10, so I think the points come in handy. If I see a 7 pop, I might bet it....

Back