Week 1 What Are We Learning

I couldn't have been more wrong about Anthony Richardson. Screw him for getting that last touchdown and blowing my cover but he's a great young QB.

It was colts coach fault, I still dunno why the fuck they went for that td on 4rh? They needed fg also? Made no damn sense but they got it!! Id been pissed they blew the over on that shit. AR should run a bit more but he hit his number :)

Titans held Bears to 148 total yards. This D i think will be much improved. But Levis is awful and the O still seems to be anemic especially on the road

I been trying to tell everyone I’d be super scared to put my money on Levis to win games. He like a broke daniel jones

The Raiders/Chargers was closer than the final score. Antonio Pierce made some serious coaching errors. Raiders down 6 with like 6-7 mins left and driving. They are inside Chargers territory 4th and 1. AP decides to punt. They had momentum and should have went for it at that field position. Instead the Chargers take it 92 yards in only 8 plays to put it out of reach.

The Raiders/Chargers was closer than the final score. Antonio Pierce made some serious coaching errors. Raiders down 6 with like 6-7 mins left and driving. They are inside Chargers territory 4th and 1. AP decides to punt. They had momentum and should have went for it at that field position. Instead the Chargers take it 92 yards in only 8 plays to put it out of reach.

Pierce winning a few games last season set that franchise back 6-7 years.

I couldn't have been more wrong about Anthony Richardson. Screw him for getting that last touchdown and blowing my cover but he's a great young QB.
he was 9-19 in the game ….. he is very inaccurate at times and makes terrible decisions. Can certainly sling the rock and is a beast , but if your expectations are to win football games/ championships/ playoff games the jury is very much out . Crossing our fingers but don’t let the 3 highlight plays blind you too much . If he played better , the colts would have won the game .

he was 9-19 in the game ….. he is very inaccurate at times and makes terrible decisions. Can certainly sling the rock and is a beast , but if your expectations are to win football games/ championships/ playoff games the jury is very much out . Crossing our fingers but don’t let the 3 highlight plays blind you too much . If he played better , the colts would have won the game .
Hou settled for lot of fgs, kinda ignorant they didn’t cover really and only ressom I liked them cause I expected AR to make mistakes. He should prob tuck and run bout 4-5 more times a game on 3rd downs or you right his throwing is way too inconsistent at this point. He a highlight waiting to happen but it could be for either team! He took points off board with that bad int also. Just get him to tuck and run when he dint see it and it could go a long way to winning some games. Always gonna have to worry bout the big mistake tho.

He can’t make a lot of necessary NFL throws. He had some huge plays. But yeah it’s def a big time work in progress.

Hou settled for lot of fgs, kinda ignorant they didn’t cover really and only ressom I liked them cause I expected AR to make mistakes. He should prob tuck and run bout 4-5 more times a game on 3rd downs or you right his throwing is way too inconsistent at this point. He a highlight waiting to happen but it could be for either team! He took points off board with that bad int also. Just get him to tuck and run when he dint see it and it could go a long way to winning some games. Always gonna have to worry bout the big mistake tho.

He should tuck and run more and then slide. He’s so big and physical but you can’t take hits like that.

he basically bet on his defense one times too many in the game. i get it though, they had locked down the chargers the entire game pretty much, you would expect/hope/think/believe they could do it one more time. but then logic comes in, like you said, they were already in chargers territory and it was just a 4th and ONE. hopefully he learns from it.

Charger 41 yard line. Cant punt there.

I’m learning that I need Deshaun Watson to negotiate every big purchase I ever make. How the fuck he or his agent were able to get that ridiculous contract out of the Browns when he is so horrible is beyond me. He makes so many inaccurate throws and dumb decisions. Maybe it’s because the Cowboys defense is so good, but damn

Have to think giving up 200+ yards rushing probably had more to do with the loss than anything Richardson did or didn't do.

I’m learning that I need Deshaun Watson to negotiate every big purchase I ever make. How the fuck he or his agent were able to get that ridiculous contract out of the Browns when he is so horrible is beyond me. He makes so many inaccurate throws and dumb decisions. Maybe it’s because the Cowboys defense is so good, but damn
Cleveland, where quarterbacks go to die. Opposing quarterbacks get the immunity idol.

I didn’t get the Jags game, so I‘m reading game threads to find out what happened. Seeing a ton of heavy criticism of the Jax play-calling. Something to monitor moving forward…

Shows how stupid I am. I was just watching the red zone and seeing him kill my Texans bet with the late touchdown and figured he put up big numbers. Richardson has Josh Allen upside with the strong arm and athletic ability but going 9-19 shows he still has the same accuracy issues he had at Florida.

No. Getting a quarter billion guaranteed after all that shit and he wasn’t all that greats player I didn’t think. Unreal sorcery

I didn’t see a lick of the Saints game.
I did see Lattimore go down, but I think it’ll be fine.

Dennis Allen is probably one of the best DCs around. Look around the NFL and see Saints draft picks on defense this week.
Zach Baun, Anzalone, etc. Dude is the defensive GOAT.

In fairness to them most everyone thought he was pretty damn good at one point. Now it could be argued you prob shouldn’t sell your soul for a cat w at the very least a Rapey vibe who’s team couldn’t wait to get rid of, pretty sure he has some tiny character flaws but nobody questioned his talent before he sat out for 2 years. They clearly a better team without him, I don’t think anyone wants to play for or with the dude seeing how browns seem to do well everytime he hurt which is often. Dude got that bag, got to pay off all the lawsuits, from what I can tell hasn’t been all that interested in playing football since.

Shows how stupid I am. I was just watching the red zone and seeing him kill my Texans bet with the late touchdown and figured he put up big numbers. Richardson has Josh Allen upside with the strong arm and athletic ability but going 9-19 shows he still has the same accuracy issues he had at Florida.
No def not stupid. You nailed it , same accuracy issues he had at FL , but his arm talent is unreal and his athleticism is off the charts . He by no means was the reason the colts lost, but better QB play and he would have been the reason they won (if that makes any sense )

No def not stupid. You nailed it , same accuracy issues he had at FL , but his arm talent is unreal and his athleticism is off the charts . He by no means was the reason the colts lost, but better QB play and he would have been the reason they won (if that makes any sense )

That pick before half that took points off the board didn’t help. In all reality if Houston didn’t settle for so many fgs they prob win by 2 scores. The great thing bout AR is you know he gonna get your team 20+ damn near every week, he gonna make 2 big plays for scores. Problem is there gonna be weeks he gives the other team a tuddy also. And like you said the other offense is gonna get a lot of possessions cause at this point he isn’t gonna consistently drive field much. Really think he needs to pull it down and pick up a few more 1st downs a game w his legs cause there were several 3rd 8+ where ya knew a incompletion and punt was coming but he could absolutely pick up a few more those w his legs. It just a fact a life with a kid like him being thrown into fire while he still needs time to work on accuracy, manipulating/reading defenses, but he such a talented athlete he can compensate w his legs.

I think Jayden Daniels gonna be much the same way cept he was all bout pulling it down even times he had guys open! The nice thing if you a colts fan AR is built like a truck compared to Daniels who little thin to be taking the hits. I expect Daniels passing will get better, Todd Bowles d isn’t an easy task For any qb, certainly not a kid making his 1st nfl start.

I’ll keep banging this drum, Levis is not a nfl qb, i was shocked how low his rush number was and honestly surprised they didn’t run him more! He another one if he gonna have any chance of success he gonna have to be a more willing runner cause he is not gonna pick anyone apart from the pocket. He not only can’t read field/go thru progressions but he has like no pocket awareness. He a broke Daniel jones, so they better treat him like that and scheme more run game stuff w his legs which will open things up more for pollard. Pollard could hit a bunch of home runs if titans start forcing teams to protect the edge from Levis, if they keep trying to make him a real qb he will keep throwing the ball to the wrong team at the worst times. He did it all thru college, why should we expect he any different against tougher competition? It took them forever to even break out a designed run for him, and I think he got good yards every time, these coaching staffs gotta understand what they have.

I’ve banged on baker a lot over the years, I did play his passing prop this week tho! I dunno how much of that was washigton d and how much him but with those WRs in that div baker gonna have a pretty big year.

Darnold looked good in Vikings offense which is loaded and well coached. My only question is yesterday there was really no pressure on him with Danny dimes turning it over left and right!!! Will darnold be that consistently accurate when his team really needs it facing a team with a competent offense?

Darnold looked good in Vikings offense which is loaded and well coached. My only question is yesterday there was really no pressure on him with Danny dimes turning it over left and right!!! Will darnold be that consistently accurate when his team really needs it facing a team with a competent offense?
He's better than

Attachments

• 1725910228101.png
    1725910228101.png
    727.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 1725910260080.png
    1725910260080.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 3
  • 1725910324711.png
    1725910324711.png
    719.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 1725910408485.png
    1725910408485.png
    945.1 KB · Views: 2
I'll be generous and say that a lot of offenses seemed to use week 1 to get more into game sync (LA Rams come to mind) but several offenses put out some serious WTF vibes.

Strangely, only 15 team were able to gain more than a pedestrian 300 yards, but that was two more than last year's week 1. 12 teams averaged less than a bad 6.00 yards per pass attempt. Behind rookie QBs the Bears and Broncos were 3.2 and 3.3 ypa. Understandable, sort of. Really Caleb should've been better. Watson had 3.8 and Levis had 4.0, which is just horrendous.

They played slow too....average number of plays per team was 60.3. Also 13 teams ran the ball more than 50% of the time. Does running lead to winning or does winning lead to running? The 50%+ running teams went 10-3. The 50%+ running teams had good success on the ground too, averaging almost 4.6 yards per carry, while the rest of the league still managed 4.3 yards per carry.

Passing was pretty subdued. Only the Rams and Dolphins hit 300 yards passing. This all led to scoring averaging 45.4 points per game, which INCREDIBLY was 4 points per game better than last year. So maybe things weren't as bad as they looked.

He's better than

lol. Can’t argue w any of that. I’d take him over all those guys and it really not even close. Fitting they have Levis next to jones cause I think Leviis is basically Daniel jones with a much shittier bank account!

Cousins is washed. Yes he's 9 months off Achilles surgery and was bound to look rusty. But the lack of arm strength with an even more lack of mobility will have everyone clamoring for Penix in a couple of weeks.

I'll be generous and say that a lot of offenses seemed to use week 1 to get more into game sync (LA Rams come to mind) but several offenses put out some serious WTF vibes.

Strangely, only 15 team were able to gain more than a pedestrian 300 yards, but that was two more than last year's week 1. 12 teams averaged less than a bad 6.00 yards per pass attempt. Behind rookie QBs the Bears and Broncos were 3.2 and 3.3 ypa. Understandable, sort of. Really Caleb should've been better. Watson had 3.8 and Levis had 4.0, which is just horrendous.

They played slow too....average number of plays per team was 60.3. Also 13 teams ran the ball more than 50% of the time. Does running lead to winning or does winning lead to running? The 50%+ running teams went 10-3. The 50%+ running teams had good success on the ground too, averaging almost 4.6 yards per carry, while the rest of the league still managed 4.3 yards per carry.

Passing was pretty subdued. Only the Rams and Dolphins hit 300 yards passing. This all led to scoring averaging 45.4 points per game, which INCREDIBLY was 4 points per game better than last year. So maybe things weren't as bad as they looked.
That's funny I was thinking that after watching this weekend games. Everything that's out of fad circles back. It was evident that a lot of teams were playing ball/ time control. And running the ball more. Teams were hiking the ball with no time left on the play clock. Slowing the pace

The Bills are going to be fun but frustrating at times to watch.

Allen continues to put this team on his back... the run game was effective and everyone touched the ball. I thought the offensive play calling was very solid. Keon got handled a couple plays but it's evident to me why they would opt to get a big wr. He's gonna be a problem. Ray Davis 1st 2 touches go for first downs which was great to see- I think the offense could end up being very good and tough to game plan for as it can come from anywhere.

Injuries defensively are going to make this bend but don't break d look horrible at times. Rousseau played beyond my expectations and looked like a superstar after the first drive. Von Miller even had a sack. Secondary played shaky at times but Cam Lewis made plays, rookie Ingram def looked lost at first but seemingly settled in.

I think Taron J will be out for a couple weeks it seems like they are being tight lipped about it though so who knows. That is a massive blow which will likely have Elam seeing playing time as well. Taron is a top tier slot corner and is good vs the run. Not the best to be facing the Fins with all that speed and Achane out of the backfield could be trouble. Linebackers are thin and I suspect they will have trouble with rbs out of the backfield all season long.

Cousins is washed. Yes he's 9 months off Achilles surgery and was bound to look rusty. But the lack of arm strength with an even more lack of mobility will have everyone clamoring for Penix in a couple of weeks.
very tough to see it any other way.

Back