Week 1 ML Dogs

s--k

Goodbye to Romance College Football
Helping ProV1 out. Small slate, but as we know, unexpected things happen...well sometimes we expect it.

I have no opinions, just laying it out:

Central Arkansas +1160 to +950 depending on source (down to 857 at scoresandodds)
South Alabama +390/+400

Eastern Kentucky +1300
Middle Tennessee State +138/+145
Texas State +900/+1000
Houston Baptist +1500
Arkansas State +650/+675
Stephan F Austin +240

Navy +105

updated missing numbers

Last edited:
SF Austin seems to be the best bet in a game between a couple of awful programs....

Arkansas State at +650 has my interest merely because the team has anew coach and that might manifest some issues a dog could exploit.

SF Austin seems to be the best bet in a game between a couple of awful programs....

UTEP's starting CBs: Lowe and Caldwell missed Wednesday and Thursday practice with stomach 'aches'. But in a covid world, they now have to test for covid and await the results before they can return, however long that takes.

UTEP also lost 8 or 9 fall practices due to having to pause their camp related to covid tests...so they didn't get all their prep in.

Like the Athlon link says, others concur, UTEP will try and rely on the run and with better OL and DLs they should be decent at the LOS. Beyond that, who knows. The last game of the night, the degen special. Year 3 for Dimel.

I don't know much else about SFA, here is some additional:

"Arkansas State is the Tigers' oldest rival dating back to 1914"

"Memphis averaged 40.7 points last season while Arkansas State averaged 33.7. Arkansas State was 10th last season in passing offense, seven spots higher than the Tigers.

Arkansas State returns all but two starters on offense."

"For the second consecutive season, the Tigers have a new look thanks to a new coordinator. Mike MacIntyre inherits a defense that Silverfield said is the deepest it's been since he arrived an assistant in 2016.

But experience aside, how quickly will things come together after there was no spring practice? The offense had the luxury of continuity with Kevin Johns staying as coordinator. Can the defense pick it up quickly against a high-powered Red Wolves offense?"

Interesting.....+650 might be worth some spare change considering the coaching change and intangibles going into this with a new DC.

:popcorn:

Added Ark State 1st Half +450 to one of my parlays....thought maybe, if the Tiger's defense is somewhat confused under new management, then it will most likely manifest itself in the 1st half vs. an offense with 9 returning starters.

Added Ark State 1st Half +450 to one of my parlays....thought maybe, if the Tiger's defense is somewhat confused under new management, then it will most likely manifest itself in the 1st half vs. an offense with 9 returning starters.
added arkie st +440 1st hlf

Took Arky st 1st half TT Over 13.5 and full game over 27
Gl guys!!!!!

I thought this was a bit interesting because I remember specifically watching this game with my fellow college teammates....I like running a query at the beginning of the season based on previous seasons wins and losses....here is a comparison of home favs that won more than 9 games than it lost the previous season vs. a team that won more than 2 than it lost. You'll see this game Ark St @ Memphis is active. The record is 10-1-1 SU in SDQL history. The lone loss is the game I was talking about and it was between Southern Miss and FSU. I also found it very encouraging the USM were 22 pt. underdogs in that game. This is the game that threw Brett Favre onto the national scene as his Southern Miss Eagles beat the Seminoles. In that game, USM had a very experienced squad and FSU had some graduation losses in its defensive backfield. Some similarities exist in this game tonight as Arkansas St. returns 9 starters on offense.....Memphis is supposedly very deep defensively but I am hedging my bet that the new coach has yet to fully implement his system.

Here is a preview article from the FSU/USM game that I trhought was interesting from the standpoint I remember watching this game vividly....why is that?? Because me and a bunch of my teammates were all out at a bar drinking together watching it....and a lot of them were FSU fans (I was not of course) to give you a hint of what state I went to college in.

Here is the query:

arkst-mem.jpg

Back