3 Unit Plays: 0-0
2 Unit Plays: 0-0
1 Unit Plays: 0-0

Plays of the Wk:
SoCar Games:
Underdogs:
Totals:
Futures (SC Over 7 Wins) 3.6U to Win 3U: 0-0

Above is how I will be tracking my season. I had success last yr with my Play of the Week, I started it late but I remember it was 4-1, the loss coming by the **** at ND on a halftime line vs. Army! I don't play many underdogs unless I feel they have an outright chance to win so that is why I gave them their own category to track. I am going to try to go 70% or better on South Carolina games, something I think I should be able to do. I also don't play many totals so I felt I would track them like that as well so by week 7 I know to stay away from them! It has been a long wait guys but I am ready for the season! It has been a good off season here on the forum with much participation thanks to RJ, Troy, Bar, Hunt, Jump, Vegas, Yessir, Horn, Lindetrain(big ups to Lind for what he has done), DMoney, Carolina, Garfather, Franki.. I mean if I forgot someone, I am truly sorry but its been real active here. I also would like to point out, I have a degenerate streak and love to lose on MAC games so anytime I play one of those Tuesday night games, fade away.

Some of this might seem repetitive but I took the writeups I had done already and modified them very little.

Georgia Tech +3 @ Notre Dame..... 2.2U to Win 2U

I will also look for a ML play here as we get closer to game time.

Georgia Tech (9-5)
Offense: 7 starters back, should have their best OL under Gainley in his tenure. 8 of the top 10 OL are back this yr and the four returning starters combine for 113 career starts. Tashard Choice (1,534yds in 06') will look to exceed last years production in 07' and this is a very deep unit along with a top FB in Mike Cox (20 starts).

GT key offensive losses: Calvin Johnson
*I did not add Reggie Ball here because they are better without him, everyone who watched the bowl game knows Taylor Bennett can't do worse than Reggie Ball.

Defense: 8 starters back on this side of the ball. The defensive line returns 7 of their top 8 (lost 1st TM ACC DT Joe Anoai), this line included 5 with starting experience. This is one of the strengths of the team along with the OL. The LB position returns 5 of their top 6 with the only loss being #1 tackler KaMichael Hall. DB's also have 7 of the top 8 returning including 5 with starting experience.

GT key defensive losses: DL Joe Anoai, LB KaMichael Hall, CB Kenny Scott

The lines of this team are strong, RB Tashard Choice is more than capable of carrying the load early as they ease Bennett into the starting role. The defense will be one of the tops in the ACC and will keep them in the games as well..WR James Johnson will be looked at as the #1 guy (39rec-608yd-7td), of course Calvin always helps those numbers.

Notre Dame (10-3)
Offense: This unit returns 4 starters and currently does not have a starting QB. As you can see there are a lot of question marks at QB here in early August. The RB position lost Walker but will be alright with a healthy Aldridge, a highly recruited rb in Armando Allen, and Travis Thomas who started 10 games at LB last yr but has converted to offense. WR position will be hit hard as they not only lost their two leading receivers, they lost height as well. Two of the projected starters this yr are 5'8 and 5'10 compared to the 6'5 Samardzija and 6'2 McKnight. I am fully aware they think very highly of NJ standout Kamara however asking a true frosh to do a lot is too much, especially in wk1. The OL is hit very hard by departures as they lose three very experienced linemen, this will be a very young position.

ND Key Offensive losses: QB Brady Quinn, RB Walker, WR Samardzija, McKnight, LG Dan Santucci (13 st), LT Ryan Harris (13st), RG Morton (13 st).

Defense: First there will be a change in philosophy as they move to the 3-4 defense this season. This unit will return 5 starters from a unit that didn't perform that well in 06'. The DL will have 1 less position to fill as they change from 4-3 to 3-4 and that is good for ND who lost DE Abiamiri (13st), DT Landri (13st), DE Frome (9st). Also included in this mix is a few players with a few tackles. The players who accounted for 18 of the 23.5 sacks are gone. The LB unit will have to anchor the defense as they only lose 2 lb's this season. They will have 2 starters back as this position as they move into the new defense. The DB position has been a weak link to the ND defense for a little bit now. They have had a problem with speed the past few years and do return their rock in Zbikowski. Ambrose Woodson who was a 12game starter in 05', lost his position last yr, is back as well and that is a big boost. They also have 6 back with starting experience.

Key Defensive losses: Most of the key defensive losses happened on the DL, the LB's are the core of this defense and the DB's can't play much worse.

Other notes: GT has won their last three road openers (Auburn, Samford, BYU). GT led 10-0 late in the second quater before eventually losing 14-10 in last yrs matchup. GT ran 28times-119yds last yr and allowed Brady Quinn to go 23-38-246yds. I am looking for these numbers this yr to change as I don't feel ND will have near the offensive fire power. I really think ND is going to have a lot of transition problems first wk as they try to get this offense going. There is no time to gel and they are running into a rock solid defense who will be light yrs ahead of their offense. Another distinct advantage GT will have is with their OL pounding the ND newly inserted defensive scheme and DL. Tashard Choice should run wild as well as the Tech OL overpowers the ND defense. I really think GT wins this game handily in South Bend by 7+. One last important note, GT lost 12 lettermen and return 49, ND lost 28 lettermen and return only 30.

Florida State -1.5 @ Clemson..... 2.2U to win 2U:

Monday night football or the wkend chase, however you want to think about it, a lot of people will have money riding on this game since it is the last game of WK 1.. Clemson has won the last 2 games vs. FSU and at home are 37-14 under Bowden. I like to think being a graduate of SC and true hater of the taters that I have a decent feel for the other team from SC. This game is similar in situation to the GT/ND game in the fact that the advantages FSU should have on defense should be too much for CU to overcome on offense just as GT should be able to control the trenches vs. ND. Getting down into the facts of this game; FSU has a pre season DL rated #4 vs. Clemson OL that must replace 4 starters. They have a LB corps rated #11 preseason and the DB's are rated #4 overall. This is a defense with 8 starters back and should be light yrs ahead of the Clemson offense which will also break in a new QB to go with their OL. Yes they lost two good LB's in Buster Davis and Lawrence Timmons but this is a team with 13 of their top 15 tacklers back and enough talent roaming that sideline to simply reload at that position. The FSU offense must improve, there is no secret about that but they have 2 good receivers in De'Cody I love sex and Gregg Carr and an excellent RB in Antone Smith. I also would advise people to keep an eye on Jonathan Hannah, he transferred from SC but was a very highly recruited player at TE. He just didn't like the environment in Carolina but this kid is a player with a lot of talent and they will get him into the mix as well, he should help the short passing game. At QB, right now Weatherford is listed as #1 on the depth chart but I will keep an eye on the battle as they begin summer practice. Regardless of that fact, they have less unknown factors working against them in wk1. Spiller and Davis make a sweet combo but they can't block, snap the ball, hand it off, and catch it at the same time so until the line shows they can make holes, the qb shows he can get the ball to the WR's and the offense shows it can do something else but run, I have to think this team will struggle vs. anyone with a good front 7. As far as a line for this game, I would play FSU up to -6 despite CU being a tough home team and winning the last 2 years.

I want to stress a point of emphasis that I will be looking to exploit in wk1. Good defenses vs. new QB's. That factor is prevalent in both the GT and FSU games.

Recap:

GT +3 ...2.2U to Win 2U
FSU-1.5 ...2.2U to Win 2U

Current very strong leans:

South Carolina (-17?) 1st Half:

I don't want to get involved with the whole game if it is over 28points because of UGA in wk 2 and I don't expect that they show too much of the passing game if they don't have to...It will be a healthy dose of Boyd/Davis and 10yd passes to maybe give the TE's and the new frosh receivers for some work. ULL is 0-48 vs. SEC w/ an avg loss by 35pts, I will say that my frosh yr we only beat them 14-7 in the opener but that was then, this is now. Spurrier is salivating at the mouth to run it up on some teams since he hasn't had many opportunities since being at SC..The scene and the hype around Columbia is already out of control and first home game it will an electric crowd and it will be expected that they torch this team...ULL will replace their QB but do have their three leading WR's back and their top RB who ran for 1,232 last yr and 7 of their top 10 OL back... However, the SC defense is going to be pretty strong this yr and breaking in a new QB will not be ideal in this situation which in turn will cancel out their passing game. The front 7 of the Gamecocks is the rock of this defense and should smother any running game ULL tries to come out with. ULL also has a new OC although I do not know how much of scheme change there will be. They will be very undersized here as well with their biggest linemen weighing 311lbs. They are also very light on the DL and only return 5 starters on that side of the ball. All in all, SC has not been all that impressive in opening games over the last 4 yrs...

Miss St 15-0, UCF 24-15, Vandy 31-6, ULL 14-7..

I will be keeping an eye on how the Carolina OL gels this summer which is very important going forward early in the season with UGA in week 2. I think this game reflect the MTSU game more than it reflects a game like Wofford. The incoming class of frosh have some play makers at WR, special teams will be better this yr, the defense much better, the only question is how good will the OL be put together in Wk1. I am however expecting a very vanilla type offense from SC but don't see ULL scoring more than 3 points in the 1st half.

Texas -37, 1st Half

I am still debating with myself how I want to hit this game but I can be real short here. Texas runs it up on teams, especially lowly Sun Belt teams in home openers. Texas will put up something near 55-63 points and prob nearly 40 by half.

USC 1st Half

The logic here is simple, USC can name the score with their 2nd and 3rd teams. Idaho won't score a point in the first half and USC should have 30+ by then.
Other leans:

MSU-19
Zona +4.5
ULM/Tulsa O47

Last edited:
Thanks for the writeups ETG. Agree with both plays and may be on them both as game time gets closer.

ETG...as your complete opposite I couldn't agree more. In 2 years I will be a graduate of both Clemson and South Carolina but my dad has been in IPTAY since before I was born and I've been going to Death Valley for as long as I can remember, so I'm a lifelong Clemson fan and 'cock hater. Anyways I completely agree with your plays. Though I won't be taking FSU on Monday I feel that is the play. I was telling my dad tonight how shocked I was that the line wasn't at least FSU -4.5. In my opinion Clemson won't be able to sustain any kind of drive against FSU. For Clemson to score they are going to have to manufacture turnovers, get great yardage on punt returns and have CJ Spiller break of a long run or two. I will be playing the Under 43.5 but I won't pick a side b/c I couldn't bet enough on FSU to make myself pull for the Seminoles.

I also agree with USC. Spurrier will be looking to make a statement and while he won't be willing to show everything against La-La with UGA on the horizon he won't have to in order to win this one by 5-6 touchdowns. I don't see La-La putting up anymore than 10 points max and Spurrier will absolutely hang 40 points on these guys without even trying. Should he decide not to redshirt Garcia then he will have very formidable 2nd half backup QBs in Garcia and Smelley. And you can be sure that he'll have them tossing the ball in the 2nd half. The coach of La-La is Ricky Bustle and he has some Clemson ties. I'm sure Spurrier is quite aware of this and it may be yet another reason to hang 50 on La-La. I may jump on So Car for the 1st half but I'll definitely be on them for the game.

ETG...as your complete opposite I couldn't agree more. In 2 years I will be a graduate of both Clemson and South Carolina but my dad has been in IPTAY since before I was born and I've been going to Death Valley for as long as I can remember, so I'm a lifelong Clemson fan and 'cock hater. Anyways I completely agree with your plays. Though I won't be taking FSU on Monday I feel that is the play. I was telling my dad tonight how shocked I was that the line wasn't at least FSU -4.5. In my opinion Clemson won't be able to sustain any kind of drive against FSU. For Clemson to score they are going to have to manufacture turnovers, get great yardage on punt returns and have CJ Spiller break of a long run or two. I will be playing the Under 43.5 but I won't pick a side b/c I couldn't bet enough on FSU to make myself pull for the Seminoles.

I also agree with USC. Spurrier will be looking to make a statement and while he won't be willing to show everything against La-La with UGA on the horizon he won't have to in order to win this one by 5-6 touchdowns. I don't see La-La putting up anymore than 10 points max and Spurrier will absolutely hang 40 points on these guys without even trying. Should he decide not to redshirt Garcia then he will have very formidable 2nd half backup QBs in Garcia and Smelley. And you can be sure that he'll have them tossing the ball in the 2nd half. The coach of La-La is Ricky Bustle and he has some Clemson ties. I'm sure Spurrier is quite aware of this and it may be yet another reason to hang 50 on La-La. I may jump on So Car for the 1st half but I'll definitely be on them for the game.

Nice piece of info there:cheers:

I'm on that SC Over 7 with you...they are also offering SC at 40/1 to win the SEC on 5Dimes...tempted to throw down like 0.25 units on that.

ETG...as your complete opposite I couldn't agree more. In 2 years I will be a graduate of both Clemson and South Carolina
they allow this type of stuff to happen?

but my dad has been in IPTAY since before I was born and I've been going to Death Valley for as long as I can remember, so I'm a lifelong Clemson fan and 'cock hater.
booooo

Anyways I completely agree with your plays. Though I won't be taking FSU on Monday I feel that is the play. I was telling my dad tonight how shocked I was that the line wasn't at least FSU -4.5. In my opinion Clemson won't be able to sustain any kind of drive against FSU.
Yes I agree very much here. I really hope Harper stumbles out the gate so the tater fans can start a "Willy Korn" chant. Poor kid is going to come out in the 2nd half shocked at how hard those FSU players hit. =)

For Clemson to score they are going to have to manufacture turnovers, get great yardage on punt returns and have CJ Spiller break of a long run or two. I will be playing the Under 43.5 but I won't pick a side b/c I couldn't bet enough on FSU to make myself pull for the Seminoles.
Can't argue with the under on that game, GL if you play it.

I also agree with USC. Spurrier will be looking to make a statement and while he won't be willing to show everything against La-La with UGA on the horizon he won't have to in order to win this one by 5-6 touchdowns
Agree, think it will look much the line the MTSU game last yr.

I don't see La-La putting up anymore than 10 points max and Spurrier will absolutely hang 40 points on these guys without even trying.
The strength of their team is their running game but they are too small on the OL to stop the SC front 7. This is a good test though because if ULL runs on them then they can expect a shitload of yards from UGA on the ground the next week.

Should he decide not to redshirt Garcia then he will have very formidable 2nd half backup QBs in Garcia and Smelley. And you can be sure that he'll have them tossing the ball in the 2nd half.
Garcia will have his chance to show it starting tomorrow (Saturday) which will be his first practice at Carolina. I personally would like him to redshirt, Smelley is more than capable of being the backup.

The coach of La-La is Ricky Bustle and he has some Clemson ties. I'm sure Spurrier is quite aware of this and it may be yet another reason to hang 50 on La-La. I may jump on So Car for the 1st half but I'll definitely be on them for the game
I didn't know that but I am sure Spurrier does. Nice little piece of info right there.

welcome to the site, always good to have someone else in the Carolinas who knows what is going on.

GL ETG. Already on FSU and GT with you. Will be jumping on USC 1st half also. What are your thoughts on the SC team total. I know you already bet it but was just looking for some more info. Do you think its basically a sure thing unless major injuries happen. That was one total I was really looking hard at

GL ETG. Already on FSU and GT with you. Will be jumping on USC 1st half also. What are your thoughts on the SC team total. I know you already bet it but was just looking for some more info. Do you think its basically a sure thing unless major injuries happen. That was one total I was really looking hard at

alright here are my thoughts on the SC team total. Of course, this is also with a healthy team.

9/1: ULL..............100% Chance of a W....1-0
9/8: @UGA...........A lot of people will have UGA winning this game and I understand why but this is a very very important game and the SC players know this, the coaches know this and I think they knock off UGA in Athens, really I do. But at worse case SC is 1-1 here.
9/15: SCST..........100% chance of W....3-0 or 2-1.
9/22: @LSU..........LOSS. Just too much to overcome here at Death Valley at night. 3-1 or 2-2.
9/29: MSU............Off a loss, team will come fighting and MSU doesn't really have anything that scares me. 4-1 or 3-2.
10/4: UK..............UK has some talent but this game is also in Columbia and SC just beats UK consistently, I don't know why or how but it happens. 5-1 or 4-2.
10/13: @UNC........This game is important for recruiting and while it is on the road its not that tough of a road game. 6-1 or 5-2.
10/20: Vandy........Another improving team but they are not going to knock the gamecocks off here. 7-1 or 6-2.
10/27: @Tenn.......This is one of the games I have a hard time figuring out. If SC comes into this game 7-1, they will have a hell of a lot of confidence and they have won at Tenn just 2 yrs ago but I don't know here. 7-2, 8-1, 6-3.
11/3: @Arky.........I think this team is overrated this yr and I think we beat them in their place. They are 1 dimensional, they have decent amount of losses on the OL and on defense. 8-2, 9-1, 7-3.
11/10: Flor...........This is just a really tough game that is going to be very close, could go either way. 8-3, 10-1, 9-2, 7-4.
11/24: Clem.........They are going to get beat because Bowden has a big mouth and Spurrier vows to never lose to them again. 9-3, 11-1, 10-2, 8-4.

As you can see, those are the possible outcomes I see for SC: 8-4, 9-3, 10-2, 11-1. I think that the 11-1 is a distant possibility and they win 9-10 games but if they get rolling who knows. The defense is really improved and its by players who didn't play defense for them last yr. Brandon Issac is by far the most talent DB, he is back at Safety this yr after having shoulder surgery and missing 2006. Sam Pope is expected to compete for a starting spot in the defensive backfield as well. Marque Hall was our top DL last yr and he got hurt the 2nd game of the yr and missed the rest of the season. Now the DL welcomes JUCO transfer Ladi Ojiboye who is a beast in the middle. Kendrick Ellis red shirted last yr but is a mammoth of a person at 6'5 and 330lbs and he just passed his conditioning test. The influx of DE's this yr also makes the line very deep. Clifton Geathers, Travion Robertson and Cliff Matthews are all going to play. This the biggest and deepest DL at SC in a long long time. They will rotate 8-9 guys here and have someone who is fresh on every play. The LB's are head by the Brinkley's and they are both beasts. Casper is a little more athletic than Jasper but right now Jasper is the better player. I am pretty excited about the defense, they might return 10 starters on defense but about 2-3 of those starters are going to lose their position and they are just really really deep on this side of the ball. I can not envision a scenario where they are 7-5 but if it does happen, anyone with SC team total Over 7 would push. I see virtually no way in hell are they going 6-6 this yr.

Guys, going to go ahead and add Arizona tonight because I don't see myself getting +6 on this line and only see it dropping from here on out. Writeup and play to follow.

Also thinking about adding a unit on to the GT game, thegreek still has the spread at +3 -115.

Arizona +5.5 @ BYU....2.2U to Win 2 U:

I need to get my temperature checked, this is my 2nd dog play of the week, very very unusual for me. I will say this right now, this is probably one of the only games you see me back Arizona all yr unless there is another line that is off. Alright first lets take a look at the game last yr. BYU entered Arizona as 6.5 point dogs, they left losers of the game but they covered the spread. Arizona was able to pull off the win with a 47yard field goal with 6 seconds left to win 16-13. Conventional wisdom says that if the game last yr was played at BYU, it would of been a PK to -1 BYU. In that game there are a few things that stick out to me. BYU ran the ball 24times total for 24yards. Looking deeper at those numbers, the RB's actually rushed 18 times for 48yards, Beck was sacked 3 times and lost a total of 15yards and there are 2 other attempts thrown into that total. One offense this yr, BYU lost their 1000yard rusher who was also their 2nd leading receiver and their main man and leader Beck along with the main option in the passing game, TE Johny Harline. In the game last yr, Beck was pretty much right on posting the following numbers: 28-37, 289yds, 1TD-0int. This yr there is a downgrade at QB, without a doubt about it. I said it in another thread and I will say it again, there is just no way to expect Max Hall to match Beck's numbers in this game or on the yr. Beck was able to keep the offense moving down the field last yr with a balanced attack and high percentage completions to the TE and the RB and with both of those guys gone, it leaves a void to be filled by unproven and inexperienced players. Now I think it is important to note that Arizona did not win this game last yr with a great offensive effort and I think it is silly to expect them to explode on that side of the ball in this game. What stands out to me about Arizona is a team with 9 guys back on defense and 12 of their top 14 tacklers back. This situation sets up an inexperienced QB vs. an experienced defense. See FSU/Clemson, GT/ND for more explanations on that scenario. In week 1 of the season I think it is wise to expect defenses to be ahead of offenses so that means that getting a very experienced defense vs. a QB making his first meaningful start since HS in 2003 is pretty big. While it is true that BYU is going to be strong on the OL, the skill positions will drop off and the offense will regress from their 36.8 points/game average last yr. As JPICKS pointed out in another thread, BYU was +14 in turnovers last yr, that type of margin does not happen often and they took advantage of almost every opportunity last yr. BYU defense gave up an average of 14.7 points/game last yr but they played with excellent field position and benefited from a top 20 special teams unit. This yr they will not have the same fortunes and they will have to step up when their offense struggles, something uncommon to them last yr. The key for Arizona is to limit their mistakes, let BYU make the mistakes, play solid defense, get consistency from Tuitama and keep him healthy. The running game won't be great but it doesn't have to be. The passing game just has to take pressure off the running game. There is a new OC this yr and new schemes and I am not always a fan of that but again, I am not expecting Arizona to win this game with offense nor am I laying points with them so there is a little room for error. With all of the above said lets review some facts. If the game last yr was played at BYU, they would have been PK to -1. I think it is reasonable to assume that 1)Arizona will be better than last yr and 2) BYU will be worse than last yr. Now the line right now is BYU -5.5 so that is a bit confusing to me and it presents value. If anything, I have this game as a PK. I feel that Arizona has a legit shot at a SU win, one of the requirements I have for playing a small dog like this. I truly believe that Zona can hold BYU to 10-14 points in this game which means to lose the bet, BYU would have to hold Zona to 4-8points. Maybe the under is the better play in this game, the under last year covered by 29 points, but totals are not my thing. Arizona has its knocks such as their 5-9 record away from home under Stoops, their shitty offense, their inconsistencies, revenge for BYU, but at the end of the day, I believe that Zona has a very good shot at winning this game so the points are just a bonus.

I will look at the ML and I am considering upping my play on GT.

great.....

analysis...
a very solid card!!! best of luck ETG!!

:cheers:
Arizona +5.5 @ BYU....2.2U to Win 2 U:

I need to get my temperature checked, this is my 2nd dog play of the week, very very unusual for me. I will say this right now, this is probably one of the only games you see me back Arizona all yr unless there is another line that is off. Alright first lets take a look at the game last yr. BYU entered Arizona as 6.5 point dogs, they left losers of the game but they covered the spread. Arizona was able to pull off the win with a 47yard field goal with 6 seconds left to win 16-13. Conventional wisdom says that if the game last yr was played at BYU, it would of been a PK to -1 BYU. In that game there are a few things that stick out to me. BYU ran the ball 24times total for 24yards. Looking deeper at those numbers, the RB's actually rushed 18 times for 48yards, Beck was sacked 3 times and lost a total of 15yards and there are 2 other attempts thrown into that total. One offense this yr, BYU lost their 1000yard rusher who was also their 2nd leading receiver and their main man and leader Beck along with the main option in the passing game, TE Johny Harline. In the game last yr, Beck was pretty much right on posting the following numbers: 28-37, 289yds, 1TD-0int. This yr there is a downgrade at QB, without a doubt about it. I said it in another thread and I will say it again, there is just no way to expect Max Hall to match Beck's numbers in this game or on the yr. Beck was able to keep the offense moving down the field last yr with a balanced attack and high percentage completions to the TE and the RB and with both of those guys gone, it leaves a void to be filled by unproven and inexperienced players. Now I think it is important to note that Arizona did not win this game last yr with a great offensive effort and I think it is silly to expect them to explode on that side of the ball in this game. What stands out to me about Arizona is a team with 9 guys back on defense and 12 of their top 14 tacklers back. This situation sets up an inexperienced QB vs. an experienced defense. See FSU/Clemson, GT/ND for more explanations on that scenario. In week 1 of the season I think it is wise to expect defenses to be ahead of offenses so that means that getting a very experienced defense vs. a QB making his first meaningful start since HS in 2003 is pretty big. While it is true that BYU is going to be strong on the OL, the skill positions will drop off and the offense will regress from their 36.8 points/game average last yr. As JPICKS pointed out in another thread, BYU was +14 in turnovers last yr, that type of margin does not happen often and they took advantage of almost every opportunity last yr. BYU defense gave up an average of 14.7 points/game last yr but they played with excellent field position and benefited from a top 20 special teams unit. This yr they will not have the same fortunes and they will have to step up when their offense struggles, something uncommon to them last yr. The key for Arizona is to limit their mistakes, let BYU make the mistakes, play solid defense, get consistency from Tuitama and keep him healthy. The running game won't be great but it doesn't have to be. The passing game just has to take pressure off the running game. There is a new OC this yr and new schemes and I am not always a fan of that but again, I am not expecting Arizona to win this game with offense nor am I laying points with them so there is a little room for error. With all of the above said lets review some facts. If the game last yr was played at BYU, they would have been PK to -1. I think it is reasonable to assume that 1)Arizona will be better than last yr and 2) BYU will be worse than last yr. Now the line right now is BYU -5.5 so that is a bit confusing to me and it presents value. If anything, I have this game as a PK. I feel that Arizona has a legit shot at a SU win, one of the requirements I have for playing a small dog like this. I truly believe that Zona can hold BYU to 10-14 points in this game which means to lose the bet, BYU would have to hold Zona to 4-8points. Maybe the under is the better play in this game, the under last year covered by 29 points, but totals are not my thing. Arizona has its knocks such as their 5-9 record away from home under Stoops, their shitty offense, their inconsistencies, revenge for BYU, but at the end of the day, I believe that Zona has a very good shot at winning this game so the points are just a bonus.

I will look at the ML and I am considering upping my play on GT.

Thanks Husker..

Just to update this card..

GT+3............2.2U to Win 2U
FSU-1.5........2.2U to Win 2U
Zona+5.5......2.2U to Win 2U
SC Over 7 Wins: 3.6U to Win 3U

Strong Leans:

USC 1st half
Texas 1st half
SC 1st half
NMST -30 (5DIMES)

I will most likely add money to the GT game, possible shot on Zona ML. I will pound the shit out of the 1st half games, they will be bigger than 2 Unit plays for me. Looks as if 5DIMES got their D1 vs. D1AA lines up now and I need to get money on there ASAP.

South Carolina is my sleeper this year...I think they do big things and get at least 10 wins. Gl ETG.

Just locked in the season bet for South Carolina today ETG. Good luck to us on that. Feeling pretty confident about it

hoping BM posts a 7 on zona...play for sure there...prolly if not..lol

funny how much line has went up on both total and side

hoping BM posts a 7 on zona...play for sure there...prolly if not..lol

funny how much line has went up on both total and side

You should get on but damn you def will get a better number than me. I don't know what people see in the BYU side of things, at least to be laying that much. I don't think they score more than 10-13 points. I will get some nice value on the ML now.

Yanks - Nice, I saw you like all 3 of those, def some nice dogs to get the season started.
Signal - Hopefully by WK 8 when we play Tennessee we are 7-1 :tiphat:haha.

Hunt - I hope so man, it would be shitty in the sense that the yr I graduate they actually win but I think I can put that aside in celebration.

I am still sticking with my 3 first half plays. Going to up GT soon and Zona most likely. Since FSU is on Monday, I am going to chill for a little on that and see how Saturday goes. I think some people have to bite on Clemsux at home. Also might have some small plays just for some action on Thursday, I have been waiting too long, fade away on those.

Can you play D1AA games at 5DIMES?

South Carolina is my sleeper this year...I think they do big things and get at least 10 wins. Gl ETG.

Like the team a lot Hunt, but they have by far the toughest road schedule out of anyone in the East. I think potentially they are as good as UF, UGA, and UT but damn playing @UGA, @LSU, @UT, @Ark, and UF and Clemson at home is just too tough for me to think they can win 10 games. That's flat out brutal.

Thanks Husker..

Just to update this card..

GT+3............2.2U to Win 2U
FSU-1.5........2.2U to Win 2U
Zona+5.5......2.2U to Win 2U
SC Over 7 Wins: 3.6U to Win 3U

Strong Leans:

USC 1st half
Texas 1st half
SC 1st half
NMST -30 (5DIMES)

I will most likely add money to the GT game, possible shot on Zona ML. I will pound the shit out of the 1st half games, they will be bigger than 2 Unit plays for me. Looks as if 5DIMES got their D1 vs. D1AA lines up now and I need to get money on there ASAP.

Definetly like FSU, GT, and Zona. Will probably be on all three.

ahhhhh CFB season, finally done with baseball. I am on the FSU play but got -3. Also on LSU -17 and Texas -39.5 for the 1st week. GL with the plays ETG and solid write ups.

Orange & White - Thanks, best of luck to you

Renew- whatup bro. Saw you closed out baseball real nicely, congrats and good job. It is finally here!!!

I finally got my Bookmaker account working after faxing them some forms.

USC 1st Half -27.5......2.2Units to win 2Units
Texas 1st Half -21.5....3.3Units to Win 3Units

I will be updating GT play soon, I like it a lot and will add money to it. I am still waiting on what to do with SoCar, Spurrier seemed very pleased after practice last night and with all the shit that has been going on with them in the news the last 2-3 weeks, I think they band together and beat the crap out of ULL to open the year. I don't think ULL scores more than 3points in the 1st half, they will try to run run run and it is not going to happen. ULL's starting offensive front is exceptionally young. Redshirt freshmen will start at right tackle and right guard, while redshirt sophomores will start at center, left guard and left tackle. This is not ideal when the strongest part of SC on defense is its front 7. There will be fresh linemen on everyplay as the rotation included 9 players. SC has to get me 21+ to cover the 1st half line but I think they get closer to 28-31. Spurrier made a comment about ULL having every game tape of ours from last season.."We're trying to figure out his general scheme of things like three-deep, two-deep, man-to-man and bump-and-run," Spurrier said. "Yeah, we've been watching Florida International (tape). They've been watching us, I've heard. I heard they have just about every game we played last year, which is fair. We've changed a lot since last year. That may be helpful for us." Spurrier believes ULL contacted other schools and received the tapes of USC's 2006 games. "It's pretty easy to get. It's no big deal at all," Spurrier said.

Just saw SC-14.5 for the 1st half, yes sir that will be a play

My biggest problem is that I am recovering action junkie and I am trying my hardest to lay off Thursday and Friday nights games but I just might have to take a shot at trying one of my off season trends out.

Underdogs in the corrupt MAC ....... I did not include games with CMU as a favorite as they were actually a legit ATS team. Here is the breakdown..

ATS: Underdogs were 27-13-2
Straight Up: Underdogs were 18-9

That means Miami(OH) deserves a long look from me.

I lost my value on ULM from the opening line to now, not touching RU, I like LSU but something is holding me back, not a shot in hell I go near that Iowa St game, I had those losers opening game last yr when they go to double OT with Toledo. I don't want to touch UNLV, despite how bad Utah St is, UNLV doesn't know how to win on the road and with Hinds out, they won't be the team I lay road chalk with. Lastly, Oregon St I was curious about but not with out Sammy. <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

I am going to be on GT ML for sure and a possible Zona ML play.

Updated Card:

GT+3....................... 2.2U to Win 2U
FSU-1.5....................2.2U to Win 2U
Zona+5.5..................2.2U to Win 2U
USC 1st H -27.5........ 2.2U to Win 2U
Texas 1st H -21.5......3.3U to Win 3U

SC Over 7 Wins:........ 3.6U to Win 3U

Last edited:
Alright, I am looking to get pretty much locked and loaded before Thursday arrives. I missed some good value by not jumping on SC first half yesterday, it was -14.5 and now is -16, none the less, I still am getting the number I want which was under 17.

SC -16 1st half........2.2Units to Win 2U

Alright well with all of the distractions out of the way, its time to discuss this game. I am expecting big things from SC this yr, the forum seems kind of split, either you see them winning 6-7 games or you see them winning 9-10 games. This game is the first one at home where 85,000 excited fans will be very very loud supporting their team. ULL doesn't always get to play infront of big crowds like that, they might be shocked for the 1st quater or so. Yes Blake is out at QB, but Smelley and Beecher are both very SMART quaterbacks. Smelley understands every play of Spurrier's complicated offense as does Beecher. Against ULL, both of them should be able to move the offense. The running game is going to come on strong very early. Boyd is a work horse and is looking to have a big year. Davis is healthy and is looking to start the year off fast unlike the last two seasons. The problems on the OL are not really problems. It has been stated many times that the OL is far ahead of where they were last yr. During preseason practices when you heard Spurrier griping about the OL it had to mostly do with the 2nd team, to him it does not matter if its 1st or 4th team, you are suppose to do it right. GurminderThind moving over to left guard from tackle is pretty important. Going into the season last yr, Thind won the LT spot and was the best pass blocker on the team, to this day he is still one of the top pass blockers we have. He is a big powerful OL but his feet are not that quick so he had a few struggles against Miss St. Against UGA, he hurt his foot and was lost for the yr, now he is healthy and has moved inside. The tackle positions are solid and the center position is held down by a very smart linemen who might not be the most talented but he is the most cerebial. The other guard spot will be manned by Thompson, a player who was scheduled to start at guard last yr but was suspended on the eve of opening game, he never got his position back. Basically I think the OL should be fine vs. ULL. The TE/WR position this yr is going to be very different than last yr. Jarrett Cook has moved to full time TE and has gotten better pass blocking. He is matchup hell for any LB or Saftey. Andy Boyd is one of the best blockers on the team and Wesleye Saunders has made a name for himself in practice, all 3 will play in different situations Saturday. At WR, the depth chart goes McKinnley-Moe Brown-Freddie Brown-Larry Freeman-Freshmen. You will most likely see 6 WR's in this game used as everyone will get a chance to catch the ball. The defense is where you will see the biggest improvements this yr, mainly the DL. They will rotate 8-9 guys vs. ULL, some of them very talented frosh, some of them jucos, and Marque Hall, SC's best DL who was lost last yr to a leg injury. The LB position will be manned by two 6'3 260lb beasts. The secondary will also be much improved because of Brandon Issac's presence. Issac did not play last yr because he had surgery on his shoulder, if he remains healthy, he will be the next Carolina DB in the NFL. When scouts came to look at Fred Bennet last yr, they walked away saying Issac had more NFL potential. Now lets talk about ULL and what they are going to do in this game. They brought in a new OC who is trying to put in a fast-paced no huddle offense. There have been some troubles in practice getting this offense to run efficiently. "Anderson's scheme tries to confuse opposing defenses with its multi-dimensional attack featuring one-back and two-back looks and multiple receiver formations. But it seems right now the only ones they're confusing right now are themselves." ULL is very young on the OL, they will have a redshirt freshmen start at right tackle and right guard, while redshirt sophomores will start at center, left guard and left tackle. They also plan to play 6 frosh in significant action on Saturday. There is no doubt the strength of ULL is their RB's Fenroy and Wallace. Fenroy became the first ULL ball carrier to post consecutive 1,000-yard rushing seasons in 2006, finishing with 1,197 yards. He needs 1,086 yards to dethrone former NFL star Brian Mitchell (3,335 yards) as the school's all-time leading rusher. They have an atheltic QB who they will try to run a little option with but he is not the best passer, despite ULL having their 3 leading receivers back. Why is this a play? I expect SC to hold ULL to 3-7 points in the first half, 7 being the most they score. I expect SC to score 24-28 and think it is closer to 28 than 24. Special teams will be much improved from SC and they have one of the best kickers in the nation. The SC defense is going to set the tone early and commit to stopping the run. I think ULL has a fair amount of 3 and outs and that will be a lot of possessions for Spurrier. The excitement in Columbia is out of control and there is a special message from Spurrier at 6:45 for the fans. Basically the crowd is going to be pumped, the players have banned together, the team has had good practices this week so far, and they are focused at the task at hand, not week 2.

Lenghty write-up but very imformative....

i had some spare time on my hands this morning

GT ML, just played it. GT and Tex are now my 3 unit plays.

I have some plays I want to play or add on to but I am waiting for the DR to come out with his plays to see if I can get any help with any of the lines I am looking at. Not that I am fading him, I just like some sides I don't think he is going to like.

Updated Card

GT ML.......................1U to Win 1.15U
SC 1st H -16..............2.2U to Win 2U

Updated Card

SC 1st H -16..............2.2U to Win 2U

Very nice card ETG

Should be a hell of a first week.

Updated Card

SC 1st H -16..............3.3U to Win 3U

Congrats to everyone who won tonight. MAC underdogs are the only way to bet that conference guys, laying chalk in that conference is suicide.

I have upgraded SC first half to 3 units. That makes GT, Texas, and SC all 3 unit plays. FSU, Zona, USC are all 2 unit plays as of now. Little blurb..

"The Louisiana-Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns feature a quarterback (Michael Desormeaux), who is better with his feet than his arm and a punishing running back (Tyrell Fenroy) that has recorded consecutive 1,000 yard seasons. ULL was 11th in the NCAA last season with an average of 188.4 rushing yards per game.

"We know they have an outstanding running back," Spurrier said. "In shotgun, they give it to him and they fake it. Their quarterback also runs with it. They are predominantly a run team right now. Of course, with everybody we play, we have to stop the run first and get them passing and stop the pass after that."

Spurrier is 2-0 all-time against Louisiana-Lafayette. He beat them in 1993 (61-14) and 1996 (55-21) when the school was known as Southwestern Louisiana.

Spurrier believes ULL will arrive in Columbia expecting to post its first-ever win over a SEC opponent. The Ragin' Cajuns are 0-47 against the SEC.

"They're a good team," Spurrier said. "They love football in Louisiana. Their guys will come in here and do everything they can to beat us. They're going to try to win the game. They're going to blitz, fake blitz and whatever they can to make something happen and win the game. We're looking forward to the game and seeing what happens."

Here is the bottom line...If SC can't stop ULL from running and forcing Desormeaux to throw then they will have a long season on defense. ULL is very young on the OL and they have a new offensive coordinator. They are trying to install a hurry up and its likely there will be some glitches. ULL gave up 45 to LSU, 51 to TAMU, 34 to MTSU, 42 to Troy, and 39 to ULM last yr. They lost 4 of their front 7 as well. Its not out of this realm that SC puts up 45 on them which makes me think about the total as a 1 Unit play. I see the current total at 45 which I think SC is going to push themselves.

Back