banana096.gif
party0010.gif

wavetowel2.gif
CFB 2007
0-0
wavetowel2.gif

***No Units will be listed but will list stronger plays***
MattMan_foshizzle.gif

Games that I post the night before, usually will use stats prior to that night's games. I do take into effect(in my thougth process) what transpired that night.

onto some thoughts....

Well there has been a lot of information on this site over the past few months. Everyone should be commended for their jobs in the Summer. Lets not forget, that it will be a long season and the work is just getting started. None the less, I expect a great season for all members of the site....God Bless and GL

SEASON WIN TOTALS

Arizona OVER 7 (+160)
Michigan OVER 10 (-105)

PLAYS

THURSDAY
LSU -18

UL Monroe +3.5 (hookem)

Miami/Ball State OVER 52.5 -agree CKR

Oregon State -6.5

FRIDAY

Navy -20.5 (hook)

The Cuse +3.5 (hook)

Cuse +9/ Navy -14

Saturday

Akron/Army UNDER 43.5 (My POD)

Cal -5.5

Arizona + 5

Okie State + 7 (hook)

Michigan State -20.5 (hook)

Texas -39

Illinois Missouri OVER 53.5

South Carolina - 29

Nebraska -20.5 (hook)

PurDont/Toledo OVER 55

Troy +24.5

Baylor +21.5

Va. Tech -27

Colorado State +4.5 (hook)

Iowa - 12

New Mexico -2.5 (hook)

Western Michigan/WVU OVER 53.5 (Big Al)

UCONN -3.5 (hook)

MONDAY

Texas Tech -9.5

Florida State -2.5

might be a little editing(backing out or adding) here but I think this is pretty much it...

Some season totals:​

ARIZONA OVER 7 wins (+160)

Last Season
When I look at teams at the beginning of the season, I want to see how they ended the season before. Arizona should come into this season with a big chip on their shoulder. They got screwed out of a bowl game last year IMO. They had to be a top 64 team last year didn’t they? They beat CAL when CAL was ranked in the top 10 and they also knocked off a strong BYU team. They have not made a bowl since the 98 season.​

OFFENSE
The QB spot was pretty putrid last season, so I will get to that later. This offense returns 9 starters….​

At RB the Cats lose their leading rusher, Chris Henry (he declared for the draft as a junior). Most people seem to think that this will be a big loss for the Zona. I tend to disagree for a couple of reasons: Chris Jennings and Xavier Smith. Smith will only be a Sophomore but looked good last year. In limited time he averaged 5+ per carry.​

At WR the Cats return maybe the best tandem in the PAC. Yes they lost Steptoe but they return 2 seasoned receivers (Thomas and Johnson) and their number 1 TE.​

OL: Well this line was one of the shittiest lines in America last year. They return everyone or 4 out of 5(cant remember). They started 3 freshies last year and promise to be better this year….we will see​

QB In ASU only threw for nine TD all of last season! Part of it was the young, bad OL, the other part was the QB situation. Willie Tuitama will once again be under center. He missed a couple of games last year from injury. I believe that this kid will do a decent job for this new spread offense. A big addition to the coaching staff is Sonny Dykes. He is known for his days at Texas Tech. Many Zona faithful believe that he can help this offense.​

KICKER They lose a 3 year starter at kicker and this can really hurt them. No one is really sure who will get the nod and how he will do. This could be something to watch with some close spreads.​

DEFENSE
This defense will once again be the bread and butter of this team! They have a chance to be a top defense in the nation IMO They return 10 starters…​

DL is loaded with 3 seniors returning. Louis Holmes, an ALL PAC performer, anchors one of the end spots next year. This line is loaded with size and depth.​

Lbs: Spencer Larson is the top guy at LB for this unit. He is a 4 year starter and will be the captain of the defense. The other guys are solid and have a RS freshman that should see some action.​

Dbs Antoin Carter is the main man in this very talented secondary. He has NFL scouts drooling. He is a top 3 corner in the nation IMO…​

CONCLUSION:
This team has a chance to be the Rutgers of this year. If their offense clicks at all, they will be a tough team to beat. They have to play at CAL, USC, BYU and Washington.​

Prediction (9-3) possible 10 win season IMO​

Michigan OVER 10 Wins (-105)
For the first time in a few years, Michigan seems to be the clear cut favorite to bring home the Big 10 championship. Whether it has more to do with their schedule or team remains to be seen. What some people do not realize is that Michigan has lost a lot of players. They only have 10 total starters returning from a year ago.

OFFENSE

This group is very talented and should have no problem putting points up on the board (If Lloyd does not handcuff them).

QB Chad Henne is back for the fourth time. He had a great Freshman year and then struggled 2 years ago before having a tremendous Junior year. I like this kid.

RB Mike Hart is also the real deal. There are not 4 better QB s than Henne nor RB s better than Hart. One thing that concerns me, is that Kevin Grady is all likely done for the season (SEMCON Boys?). He is a strong runner that, from what I hear, is still rehabbing his torn ACL. Word coming out of Ann Arbor is that Brandon Minor had a huge Spring and will be ready to fill in.

WR Mario Manningham is a beast and will be healthy, finally. After Manningham, I am not really sure what will be there. The last I heard was that Adrian Arrington would not be with the team (got in trouble or something). Would love to know his status….anyone? Freshmen Martel Webb and Toney Clemons will help this core. Sophomore LaTerryl Savoy played mostly special teams a year ago, but is highly touted up north.
OL Left Tackle Jake Long will be back for his senior season. Like every other spot on this offense, they have a premier player in the nation. Long is considered to be on of the best lineman in the nation. Adam Kraus and Alex Mitchell will also be back to contain the guard spots. The other tackle spot seems to be Alex Mitchell. He was a big time recruit in 2006 before getting slowed up by injuries.

Kicker They lost a 4 year starter and this job seems to be open now. There are 3 different players vying for this spot.

DEFENSE

DL After losing Lemarr Woodley and Allan Branch to the NFL, UM has some issues up front. Terrance Taylor is the lone returning starter on this line. End Tim Jamison will see more of a starting role with the open spots( he had 5 sacks last year). Finally, Brandon Graham will see some PT. SEMCON can explain more about him BUT I know he is from D Town and was a very prized recruit a couple years back. The starters will be fine, its what is behind them that has be in question. There is not much depth here and in the Big 10 your going to face some good RB s and teams that like to pound it.

LB Shawn Crable will be the lone returning starter in this shredded core. From everything I hear, there is plenty of talent and prospects willing to step up. Jonus Mouton is someone that I like a lot and I believe he will see a lot of PT as the year glides along. He came to Ann Arbor as a DB but has bulked up and is now a LB. Austin Panter, a JUCO transfer, might even sneak into this starting lineup.

DB This is where it gets very very interesting. This secondary absolutely got smoked by USC and Ohio State in their last two games. Leon Hall is gone so the Wolverines look at Jamar Adams to be the leader. He will put up good stats but seems to have brain farts every once awhile. You cannot do that if you are realistically going to contend for a Big 10/ National Title. Everything I hear about Steve Brown is excellent (probably start other safety spot). From what I hear, this kid can fly. Michigan people what is up with him? Burner? Morgan Trent is back at CB. I see this as a BIG area of concern for UM

Conclusion

This is a very unusual team IMO (And you are saying, “Well duh, it is Michigan”). Michigan always seems to be underachievers when they are supposed to be good and visa versa. I point to no one but Lloyd Carr because of this. He is the John Cooper of Michigan. The talent and schedule is there for them to make a very serious bid at a national title. They get Oregon, Notre Dame, Penn State, and Ohio State all at home. None of these game will be easy BUT it helps when you have 110,000 people supporting you. Key games I look at for this team will be at Illinois, at Wisconsin, and home against Ohio State. That Illinois game is a night game on the road. Illinois is not by any means a power house but they will continue to improve. The Juice might get loose that game. Wisconsin, I believe, will be where Michigan stumbles. This has all the makings of a John Lloyd Cooper Carr meltdown/choke (call it what you want). It is very possible and I say probable that Michigan will be undefeated coming into this game. You have the classic look ahead factor that mediocre coaches tend not to prepare their team for (Ohio State the following week, with a chance for a national title on the line…revenge from previous years). You are also playing a very good team in a very hostile environment. I have been to a game @ Wisconsin before, and it is something special. Great Environment! Because of this loss @ Wisky, I think they also might struggle against the Buckeyes.

Ultimately, I look at Ohio State and Wisconsin as teams that Michigan will struggle against. They both will have very strong “between the tackles” running games.

Prediction
11-1 10-2 (1 or 2 losses in the Big 10). I think I get at least a push here...

Looking at USF OVER 7.5 (220)....way too much juice for me now...

WEEK 1 looks

Kent State + 4
LSU -17
Notre Dame -3
Missouri-5.5
Arizona + 5.5
Akron -4.5
Cal - 5.5 (LOCKED IN)
Texas -39
Texas Tech - 9.5 (LOCKED IN)
Florida State -2.5 (LOCKED IN)

will have some more thoughts and sure plays in the next coming week or so.....GL

Last edited:
(If Lloyd does not handcuff them).

truer words could not have been spoken.

Grady is likely gone for the year or late season at least, Carlos Brown will be behind Minor. He broke his hand but is expected back this week. He and Stevie Brown will likely return punts.

Arrington is still with the team and expected to make a big impact next to MM.

GL this year bro!

All look solid.

to add more on UM..

Brandon Graham is expected to make an impact at DE, he is kind of a hybrid DE, OLB in the mold of Woodley..got a high motor.

A few guys that played two deep on the line last year for defense are expected to get major early PT.

Ezeke Udoh is supposed to contend for MLB spot, it has been a battle all summer.

I personally am not that confident on the defense but am excited by some of the new players you mentioned above..mainly Stevie Brown.

I expect Donovan Warren to Be alongside Trent as the season goes on but jeez the secondary is meh...kinda bad. Trent is a burner, but has no concept of lateral movement and is rigid IMO.

Johnny Sears is expected to start the season besides Trent and has gotten a lot of praise but he is still meh to me as well...I don't like that secondary at all and honestly not a big fan of the linebackers outside of Crable.

Lock in to Mizzou. i think few people realize that they will win the Big 12 North and go 10-2, or 11-1(partially due to favorable sked). I know it sounds crazy, but no bull, these guys will run up and down the field on anybody. They will no doubt be an elite offense this year.

not so fast..

my friend.. How's your defense?:down2:

Lock in to Mizzou. i think few people realize that they will win the Big 12 North and go 10-2, or 11-1(partially due to favorable sked). I know it sounds crazy, but no bull, these guys will run up and down the field on anybody. They will no doubt be an elite offense this year.

Thanks Guys...

Hunt- good info, thanks

Chipst- I tend to agree with you that this team is going to win a lot this year. I am not too sold that they will be winning because of their school though. Yes, they have a good offense, but like husker said, that defense might be brutal....The schedule and that offense will get them close to double digit wins IMO.

husker- I do not really think he said anything about the defense being great. Look at their schedule- 10 wins is very realistic....

when all is said and done..

I think Pinkel is a poor coach. I see losses to Nebraska, at Oklahoma, to the aggies (last year they had under 20 min of possession) and an egg laid..
we'll see...

Thanks Guys...

husker- I do not really think he said anything about the defense being great. Look at their schedule- 10 wins is very realistic....

Pinkel has never won more than 8 at Mizzou. 10 is a stretch. Possible, but unlikely.

I agree. Toss up to Nebraska and losses to their Big South opponents OU and A&M. Plus another random loss.

8-4 or 9-3 at best.

I really disagree. Look at how they performed last year against the better teams. They had 306 total yards against Texas Tech and won because of a bunch of turnovers. They were thoroughly dominated for 3 quarters against Nebraska, they were shutout in the 2H vs. Texas A&M, they were held to 10 pts. at home vs. OU.

They had some good performances, but they're against lower and mid level teams and usually at home vs. teams like New Mexico, Ohio, Kansas St., Kansas, etc.

And even when their offense does perform well (400 yards vs. Iowa St. and 561 yards against Oregon St.), they still lose.

I expect the defense to be slighty better than average. It wasn't that bad last year. They looked great early last year until the injury to all time MU sack leader Brian Smith. Ziggy Hood is an absolute monster up front, though he be one of only three starting seniors. It could go either way. They have good young talent, we'll have to see how quickly the young guys mature. The defense really only needs to be average. This offense will be a machine this year with all key compenents coming back. They have the best TE tandem in the country. Chase Daniel is a stud and will be improved from last year. Looking at the sked, I see @OU as a loss. But having Illinios and KU at neutral sites, this team only plays four true road games: Ole Miss, OU, K-State, and Colorado. i see no more than two losses. The non conference sked is weak, and Mizzou has beat Nebraska twice in a row at home averaging 41pts in those two games. I really believe this a team that is ready to take the next step and contend for conference titles. I think they will have great value throughout the season because no expects what I am saying to happen. Most probaly think i am nuts, but I am confident the Tigers will have a great season and be very solid ATS.

excelelnt writeups once again...

Arizona...great juice and I like it a lot

UM...all about defense but I think it pushes for sure an has a good shot..plus you can ML your boys for a hedge..LOL

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">
excelelnt writeups once again...

Arizona...great juice and I like it a lot

UM...all about defense but I think it pushes for sure an has a good shot..plus you can ML your boys for a hedge..LOL

thanks...I actually got it at +162 at The Greek....it is at +158 still...Definately had the OSU hedge in mind lol

As far as Mizzou....I found a little something on them...Blue Ribbon

Gary Pinkel's Tigers burst onto the national scene last year. The trick is to stay there all season, a feat they hope to accomplish in 2007.

Mizzou won its first six games last year and peaked at No. 19 in the national polls as observers around the country buzzed about the team's record-setting offense. But the Tigers stubbed their toes at Texas A&M and went on to lose four of the next five games to fall off the radar screen of the big bowl scouts. They sewed up a Sun Bowl berth with a rout of Kansas, then lost a shootout to Oregon State in El Paso.

This year, the Tigers return the majority of the players from the No. 8 offense in the country (425.6 yards per game) -- in fact, virtually all of the skill players are back, with 98 percent of the offensive yards returning this year. They've finished second in the Big 12 North the last three seasons, but with mighty Nebraska coming back to the pack a bit, the Tigers are gunning for their first conference title since 1969. They also can go to a third straight bowl game for the first time since 1979-81.

All that after only two winning seasons from 1984-2002, and without four-year starting quarterback Brad Smith under center last year. The key to the Tigers continuing that success, says their head coach, is eliminating mistakes.

<OFFER>

"The biggest thing we need to improve on is consistency, but anytime you have a first-year starter like we did last year, it isn't shocking to have some of that come into play," Pinkel said. "Now that we have a guy in Chase Daniel who has been in the heat of the battle before -- along with a majority of our starters coming back -- we're looking at a lot of different things, and the challenge will be to be better in 2007 than we were in 2006.

"We've done a lot of analysis in the offseason and have been looking at little things we can do to help the structure of the offense, but in my mind, improving on our fundamentals is how we can get better.

"We'll need to shore up some things on our offensive line after losing a couple of starters, but everywhere else we have a lot of playmakers that we just need to continue to improve in our offensive scheme and continue to compete against each other to make them better."

The focus on the offense is natural, considering its success last year, but the defense was improved in most statistical categories last season, ranking fourth in the Big 12 in points allowed at 19.5 per game, and third in total defense at 320.2 yards per game, shaving almost 50 yards per game off the previous year's total in the process. In fact, four games into the season, Mizzou led the country in defense, allowing just 175.3 yards per game in nonconference play.

However, injuries and better competition derailed the defense's hot start and exposed a lack of depth on that side of the ball. The coaching staff took steps to address that in the offseason, adding four junior-college transfers and a pair of early-entry freshmen who helped shore up the defense in spring practice. But with six of its top seven tacklers lost to gradua-tion, the Missouri defense has its work cut out for it.

"There's no question we have to get better against the run," Pinkel said. "We have to continue to develop our speed rush -- you saw last year how our defense changed when we lost [defensive end Brian Smith] to that injury in the middle of last year. We feel good that we have a lot of guys coming back with some experience who can play."

Those defensive newcomers will get tested early, as the season opens against Ron Zook's improving Illini in a neutral-site game at St. Louis. The Tigers then travel to Ole Miss to face a Rebels team bent on revenge after a 27-point drubbing in Columbia last fall.

Even the Tigers' lower-tier nonconference games will be a handful -- they host Western Michigan, which finished 8-5 and played in the International Bowl; then the Tigers take on Football Championship Subdivision Illinois State, which went 9-4 and reached the playoffs last year.

The Big 12 schedule opens with a bang, as the Tigers face the conference's two traditional powers in the first two weeks. They open with a home game against Nebraska, hoping for their third straight home win versus the Cornhuskers. The last time they did that was 1961. Then the Tigers travel to Norman to take on Oklahoma. They end the season with another neutral-site game at the state's other NFL facility, playing Kansas at Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City.

Pinkel brings back the same coaching staff for the seventh straight season, and that continuity should help the Tigers as they strive for more consistency on both sides of the ball. With more veteran leadership and an appreciation of what it feels like to win, Pinkel said things have never been better in Columbia.

"The enthusiasm and leadership and attitude has been as good as it's ever been," Pinkel said. "I believe that we have some great leadership on this team. You have a bunch of unselfish guys that want to do the right things and get their teammates to follow their lead. I think now that we've had some consistency of winning, the guys get a taste of that, and now they just want more."

There's no doubt Gary Pinkel has this team headed in the right direction. Last year, the Tigers overcame the graduation of their star quarterback and put together one of the most dynamic offenses in the country.

They'll need a more consistent effort on defense if they want to unseat Nebraska atop the Big 12 North, but this just might be the year they get it done
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 align=right><TBODY><TR><TD bgColor=#000000 colSpan=5>
PINKEL COACHING RECORD
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tabletext_small bgColor=#cccccc colSpan=5>
(16 years, 110-71-3, .606)​
</TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#cc9933 colSpan=5>
At Toledo​
</TD></TR><TR><TH>Year</TH><TH>Overall</TH><TH>Pct.</TH><TH>MAC (Place)</TH><TH>Pct.</TH></TR><TR><TD class=tabletext_small>1991</TD><TD class=tabletext_small>5-5-1</TD><TD class=tabletext_small>.500</TD><TD class=tabletext_small>4-3-1 (T-3rd)</TD><TD class=tabletext_small>.563</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tabletext_small>1992</TD><TD class=tabletext_small>8-3</TD><TD class=tabletext_small>.727</TD><TD class=tabletext_small>5-3 (T-3rd)</TD><TD class=tabletext_small>.625</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tabletext_small>1993</TD><TD class=tabletext_small>4-7</TD><TD class=tabletext_small>.364</TD><TD class=tabletext_small>3-5 (T-7th)</TD><TD class=tabletext_small>.375</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tabletext_small>1994</TD><TD class=tabletext_small>6-4-1</TD><TD class=tabletext_small>.591</TD><TD class=tabletext_small>4-3-1 (6th)</TD><TD class=tabletext_small>.563</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tabletext_small>1995</TD><TD class=tabletext_small>11-0-1</TD><TD class=tabletext_small>.958</TD><TD class=tabletext_small>7-0-1 (1st)</TD><TD class=tabletext_small>.938</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tabletext_small>1996</TD><TD class=tabletext_small>7-4</TD><TD class=tabletext_small>.636</TD><TD class=tabletext_small>6-2 (T-2nd)</TD><TD class=tabletext_small>.750</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tabletext_small>1997</TD><TD class=tabletext_small>9-3</TD><TD class=tabletext_small>.750</TD><TD class=tabletext_small>7-1 (1st/West)</TD><TD class=tabletext_small>.875</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tabletext_small>1998</TD><TD class=tabletext_small>7-5</TD><TD class=tabletext_small>.583</TD><TD class=tabletext_small>6-2 (1st/West)</TD><TD class=tabletext_small>.750</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tabletext_small>1999</TD><TD class=tabletext_small>6-5</TD><TD class=tabletext_small>.545</TD><TD class=tabletext_small>5-3 (T-2nd/West)</TD><TD class=tabletext_small>.625</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tabletext_small>2000</TD><TD class=tabletext_small>10-1</TD><TD class=tabletext_small>.909</TD><TD class=tabletext_small>6-1 (1st/West)</TD><TD class=tabletext_small>.857</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tabletext_small>10 yrs.</TD><TD class=tabletext_small>73-37-3</TD><TD class=tabletext_small>.646</TD><TD class=tabletext_small>53-23-3</TD><TD class=tabletext_small>.689</TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#cc9933 colSpan=5>
At Missouri​
</TD></TR><TR><TH>Year</TH><TH>Overall</TH><TH>Pct.</TH><TH>Big 12 (Place)</TH><TH>Pct.</TH></TR><TR><TD class=tabletext_small>2001</TD><TD class=tabletext_small>4-7</TD><TD class=tabletext_small>.363</TD><TD class=tabletext_small>3-5 (5th)</TD><TD class=tabletext_small>.375</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tabletext_small>2002</TD><TD class=tabletext_small>5-7</TD><TD class=tabletext_small>.417</TD><TD class=tabletext_small>2-6 (5th)</TD><TD class=tabletext_small>.250</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tabletext_small>2003</TD><TD class=tabletext_small>8-5</TD><TD class=tabletext_small>.615</TD><TD class=tabletext_small>4-4 (3rd)</TD><TD class=tabletext_small>.500</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tabletext_small>2004</TD><TD class=tabletext_small>5-6</TD><TD class=tabletext_small>.455</TD><TD class=tabletext_small>3-5 (2nd)</TD><TD class=tabletext_small>.375</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tabletext_small>2005</TD><TD class=tabletext_small>7-5</TD><TD class=tabletext_small>.583</TD><TD class=tabletext_small>4-4 (2nd)</TD><TD class=tabletext_small>.500</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tabletext_small>2006</TD><TD class=tabletext_small>8-4</TD><TD class=tabletext_small>.667</TD><TD class=tabletext_small>4-4 (2nd)</TD><TD class=tabletext_small>.500</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tabletext_small>6 yrs.</TD><TD class=tabletext_small>37-34</TD><TD class=tabletext_small>.521</TD><TD class=tabletext_small>20-28</TD><TD class=tabletext_small>.417</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

Dug up some more thoughts on Zona

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"> I think they will be a very competitive team this year. ALong with that at +160 juice, I love the play. They have a chip on their shoulders from not getting a bowl win. With that type of team, I can see them winning all the games they are supposed to and then steal 1 or 2. As far as the OL, everything I hear says they are gelling very well. Last year they started one of the youngest OLs in the country, targeting this year. They wanted to revamp the team for this year and beyond.

"We've matured up front, anytime you have three freshmen starting up front, there's going to be inconsistency," Stoops said. "We were decent in pass protection but need to im-prove physically."

They do have some size and a lot of depth.

Also, we have to look at the fact that they finished 115 ranked in offense last year....there are a lot of "hopes", if you will, that this team will have a solid offense. They won 6 games with the 115 offense, imagine if they could get that number in the 80s, let alone Top 75!

"It has been a problem for us since we have been here. It is something that was addressed, and hopefully it will be a good change," Stoops said.

They have a new offensive coordinator in Sonny Dykes. This is one of the biggest coaching aquisitions in all of college football IMO.

"We are healthy and we have great expectations coming back," Stoops said. "It is by far and away our most experienced and talented football team."

Something to help the offense will be new TE Robbie Gronkoski . He was a highly touted recruit that can block and catch the ball....he has the strength and size (6'6").

This last piece was out of the USA TODAY

ROSTER REPORT: The Wildcats head into fall camp completely healthy. Shoulder injuries to starting CB Wilrey Fontenot, OT Peter Graniello and DT Lionel Dotson have all been healed.

Converted OL Adam Grant has been cleared to practice for the first time in almost two years. The former tight end has received high marks from the coaches.

Arizona is looking for as many receivers as possible in their new 3 and 4 wide out formations.

Redshirt freshman CB Mike Turner, knowing he was not going to see the field much behind preseason All-American Antoine Cason, has switched to wide receiver.

Also, Tuitama's injuries last year were pretty "freakish". Though they never said it publicly, I think that week 2 concussion messed with him throughout the whole season. I mean the thing happened OCT 7 and he was not cleared till OCT 31!

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">OK bare with me here....I have a lot of thoughts/plays/leans this weekend...

Thurday plays as of now:

LSU -18.5

UL Monroe + 3.5

Oregon State -6.5 (hook)

looking at

UNDER 51 UL Monroe/Tulsa

Kent State +4.5 - think this is a good spot for KSU to solidify itself as a legitimate program. This would be a staple type win

FRIDAY as of now

looking at Navy

SATURDAY as of now

lol this is where it starts to get out of hand

AKRON/ARMY UNDER 43.5 (Big TIME)...dont see this game getting about 33

CAL -5.5

Arizona/BYU UNDER 46.5 (waiting)

Arizona + 5

Okie State +7 (hook)

Michigan State -21

Texas -38.5

Illinois/Missouri OVER 53.5

Missouri - 4 (hook)

South Carolina -29

Nebraska -21

Purdue/Toledo OVER 55

LOOKING at

Troy +24.5 (hook)

Virginia

Colorado State +3.5 (hook)

Ga Tech +3ish

Iowa -12

Oregon -14 (hook)

New Mexico -2.5 (hook)

UCONN - 3.5 (hook)

MONDAY as of now

Texas Tech - 9.5

Florida State -2.5

will be back later to finalize....gl all:cheers:

Akron and Kent State News

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Mid-American Conference football

Jacquemain will start at quarterback for Zips

Kicking game seen as crucial for Kent State

By David Lee Morganand Stephanie Storm Beacon Journal sportswriters
Published on Tuesday, Aug 28, 2007

The 2007 Mid-American Conference football season moved closer to its official kickoff with the first of the league's weekly coaches' news conferences Monday.

University of Akron coach J.D. Brookhart and his counterpart at Kent State, Doug Martin, mentioned young players who must perform well when the Zips face Army on Saturday and the Golden Flashes travel to Iowa State on Thursday night.

Brookhart said that after a competitive preseason camp between sophomores Chris Jacquemain and Carlton Jackson, Jacquemain will start.
Both players are inexperienced. Jackson, a Pompano Beach, Fla., native, played in four games last season and was 1-of-2 passing for 2 yards. Jacquemain, from Mentor, did not play last fall but finished the preseason with the edge. His first game will be in the inaugural Patriot Bowl at Cleveland Browns Stadium.

''When we sat down as a staff to make that decision, we all felt that we could win with both,'' Brookhart said. ''They have exceeded my expectations of where they would be at this point.

''But as we told them at the beginning (of preseason camp), it was going to come down to who we could trust enough to limit their mistakes and errors, and we felt most comfortable with Chris.''

Jackson will play a series in the second quarter mainly, because he has played well enough during camp to earn the time, Brookhart said.
Initially, Jackson was disappointed to fall to No. 2 on the depth chart.
''I would've been disappointed if he wasn't disappointed,'' Brookhart said. ''You saw it. He moped a little bit in practice but kept going. He did not complain. I gave him a couple of days and then I received a text message from him saying, 'Coach, I just want to let you know that I'm behind you 100 percent in the decision.' I was very proud of him. He's come a long way.''

KSU watching kickers

Kent State's coaching staff is eager to see how far the team's kicking game has progressed.

Last year, the Flashes managed a 6-6 record despite kickers combining to make 2-of-10 field-goal attempts 1-of-5 from inside 30 yards. The Flashes' punting also faded down the stretch after a decent start.
For the Flashes to compete for the MAC title, the kickers will need to play a more positive role.

''I feel really good about Nate Reed and his ability to kick field goals,'' Martin said of the sophomore from Wadsworth. ''If we get close to the 30-yard line, we're in his range.

''He's not going to make every one of them, but he's hit about 86 percent during two-a-days, and it looks like a college kick. If you believe what you see in practice, he's going to have a good year.''
As for returning punter Jake Kilroy, Martin said the junior's game is coming along.

''He's gotten more consistent,'' Martin said. ''But I'm still a little bit anxious to see what happens in a game, to be honest with you. . . . He's got to hit a ball at least 40 yards for us to be able to get down there and cover.''
If Kilroy doesn't work out, Martin said, he would turn to freshman Will Kandray.

<!--endclickprintinclude-->The 2007 Mid-American Conference football season moved closer to its official kickoff with the first of the league's weekly coaches' news conferences Monday.

University of Akron coach J.D. Brookhart and his counterpart at Kent State, Doug Martin, mentioned young players who must perform well when the Zips face Army on Saturday and the Golden Flashes travel to Iowa State on Thursday night.

Brookhart said that after a competitive preseason camp between sophomores Chris Jacquemain and Carlton Jackson, Jacquemain will start.
Both players are inexperienced. Jackson, a Pompano Beach, Fla., native, played in four games last season and was 1-of-2 passing for 2 yards. Jacquemain, from Mentor, did not play last fall but finished the preseason with the edge. His first game will be in the inaugural Patriot Bowl at Cleveland Browns Stadium.

''When we sat down as a staff to make that decision, we all felt that we could win with both,'' Brookhart said. ''They have exceeded my expectations of where they would be at this point.

''But as we told them at the beginning (of preseason camp), it was going to come down to who we could trust enough to limit their mistakes and errors, and we felt most comfortable with Chris.''

Jackson will play a series in the second quarter mainly, because he has played well enough during camp to earn the time, Brookhart said.
Initially, Jackson was disappointed to fall to No. 2 on the depth chart.
''I would've been disappointed if he wasn't disappointed,'' Brookhart said. ''You saw it. He moped a little bit in practice but kept going. He did not complain. I gave him a couple of days and then I received a text message from him saying, 'Coach, I just want to let you know that I'm behind you 100 percent in the decision.' I was very proud of him. He's come a long way.''

KSU watching kickers
Kent State's coaching staff is eager to see how far the team's kicking game has progressed.

Last year, the Flashes managed a 6-6 record despite kickers combining to make 2-of-10 field-goal attempts 1-of-5 from inside 30 yards. The Flashes' punting also faded down the stretch after a decent start.
For the Flashes to compete for the MAC title, the kickers will need to play a more positive role.

''I feel really good about Nate Reed and his ability to kick field goals,'' Martin said of the sophomore from Wadsworth. ''If we get close to the 30-yard line, we're in his range.

''He's not going to make every one of them, but he's hit about 86 percent during two-a-days, and it looks like a college kick. If you believe what you see in practice, he's going to have a good year.''

As for returning punter Jake Kilroy, Martin said the junior's game is coming along.

''He's gotten more consistent,'' Martin said. ''But I'm still a little bit anxious to see what happens in a game, to be honest with you. . . . He's got to hit a ball at least 40 yards for us to be able to get down there and cover.''
If Kilroy doesn't work out, Martin said, he would turn to freshman Will Kandray

BOL YesSir :cheers:

Loving TTech and LSU. And great info you give there. I've been looking at threads all week and that comes out to be a lot of reading. :D Hope you have a profitable season my friend. :shake:

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Thanks Guys....

Sparky- the information in this forum takes a good couple weeks to digest lol....gl this year

Ohio State/ Youngstown News

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">COLUMBUS: When he's not pacing the sidelines coaching the Ohio State Buckeyes, Jim Tressel often checks in on the Youngstown State University Penguins, the football program he guided to four national championships, and cheers them on.
At noon Saturday at Ohio Stadium, he won't have to look too far, and it's a certainty the Buckeyes' coach won't be exhorting the Penguins to victory.

The Penguins invade Columbus this weekend, with both teams opening the 2007 football season.

Tressel spent 15 years coaching the Division I-AA Penguins and elevated the program to a status many Division I-A schools envied. During his tenure at YSU, he amassed a record of 135-57-2. Apparently, the powers that be at OSU were envious, as well.

When they began the search to replace John Cooper, they tapped Tressel, a man with deep football roots in Northeast Ohio. In his second year, he delivered a national championship to the Please see OSU, C3
university. Despite that, emotional ties to YSU remain. This summer, Tressel, his wife, Ellen, and her parents donated $1 million to the school to help fund an indoor practice facility.

''I think when you look across and see the helmets, every shirt I owned for 15 years had one of those helmets on it,'' Tressel said Tuesday in his weekly press conference. ''But after the first time, it's a game. It's a good football team we're playing.''
The proof of YSU's success is in the numbers. Since 1990, the Buckeyes and Penguins have had the two most successful programs in the state. The Buckeyes have 161 victories to the Penguins' 155.

The Penguins are coached by Jon Heacock, brother of OSU defensive coordinator Jim Heacock. And if Tressel believes his former program will be a pushover, he's not about to say it, and you won't hear it coming from his players.

Kirk Barton, a fifth-year offensive lineman from Perry High School, knows what YSU represents to Tressel.

''Coach (Jim) Bollman just told us how their program is about how tough-nosed and how they won a lot of championships and were in the final four last year,'' Barton said. ''We have a lot of respect for them. Obviously any program coach Tress has been a part of you know the type of class coach Tressel has it's something they have. They'll try to carry on the tradition that he started.''

Junior linebacker James Laurinaitis echoed those sentiments.

''Everyone already knows. You look at (their) media guide and you see a big page on coach Tressel and you see what he's done there,'' he said. ''We have a lot of respect for Youngstown State. It's going to be an exciting game. That whole story with Coach and his past just adds to it.''
Tressel tried to get YSU on the Buckeyes' schedule when he coached the Penguins, but couldn't make it happen. Years later, when the NCAA allowed the addition of a 12th game to the schedule, he viewed his former coaching home as a logical and emotional choice, and not only for him.
''The opportunity for the fans to go a short distance. A lot of the kids on the roster are from here. I think it's all of the same reasons that (it is for) Akron or Kent or Toledo or Miami or Bowling Green; it's a neat thing,'' he said. ''Ohio Stadium is special, to have a chance to coach there or play there or be a fan there or watch the band there, so to me it's a special thing.''

It would be easy to put this first game into the win column, but the Buckeyes aren't ready to do that. In YSU, they see a worthy opponent with the only differences being size, speed and the number of scholarship athletes allowed on the team. Some fans might see a blowout on the horizon; Tressel does not.

''I would be shocked to start with; that's the least of the planning I'm doing in my mind right now,'' he said of the possibility of a laugher. ''It's like, 'What are you going to do of it snows on the first?' It's probably not going to snow.''

Laurinaitis cautioned against overconfidence.

''They'd like nothing more than to come into the 'Shoe and beat us and they're perfectly capable of doing it if you watch them on film,'' he said. ''So you basically take it as a normal game.''
Boeckman to start

Todd Boeckman will start at quarterback against YSU.
Boeckman takes over for Troy Smith, who won the Heisman Trophy last season after leading the Buckeyes to a 12-0 start before losing 41-14 in the national-championship game.

''Todd Boeckman is the guy that's going to have the first chance to go out there and be nervous and have some fun,'' Tressel said. ''He's been waiting so long for this opportunity. He's been studying hard, paying close attention. He knows who we are and what we want to do.''
The 6-foot-5, 235-pound Boeckman was No. 1 on the depth chart coming into spring practice, then solidified his position this fall over contenders Rob Schoenhoft, Antonio Henton and Joe Bauserman.
Captains chosen

OSU players selected Barton as one of the Buckeyes' three captains, along with Laurinaitis and fullback Dionte Johnson.
Barton apparently has been on a mission during the offseason, causing his teammates to take notice. Laurinaitis said Barton, an offensive lineman, closely monitored what entered his body and often could be seen around campus lugging a huge bottle of water. Barton didn't play up the honor when asked about it.

''It didn't guarantee me a front spot at the press conference. . . . I had to park out back,'' he said with a grin before turning serious. ''It's an exciting thing. Our senior class is excited about the opportunity we have in front of us. It's something you really look forward to because you really want to have an impact on the young guys.''

Laurinaitis is the first junior to be elected captain since 2000, when teammates picked Steve Bellisari and Joe Cooper. When reminded by a reporter that those two came back for their senior seasons, Laurinaitis said: ''You can count on seeing me here next year.''
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Lets not forget Cincinatti last year though.....where Tressal kicked a FG with 10 or so seconds left to cover the 30 (?) point spread....against one of his best friends and current MSU coach

Ainge has broken pinky, will play

By Drew Edwards (Contact)
Originally published 03:22 p.m., August 29, 2007
Updated 05:46 p.m., August 29, 2007

Tennessee quarterback Erik Ainge has a broken pinky on his throwing hand but still expects to play in Saturday’s season-opener at No. 12 California despite missing practice time.

Earlier in the day, Ainge said his finger was not broken when asked by a reporter.

“I’m not concerned about being able to play and being ready to play,” Ainge said. “You never know. You’re always one play away. Anything could happen, but right now I feel confident that I’ll be ready to play.”
Ainge did not throw in the portion of yesterday’s practice open to the media, but the senior said he finished Monday’s practice after initially injuring his finger and tested the finger with some light throwing before practice Tuesday.

“What I do in practice, what I did (Tuesday), what I do today and even what I’ll do tomorrow isn’t necessarily a reflection of what how it’s feeling,” Ainge said.

The injury to his pinky has less of an affect on his throwing than it does his ability to grip the ball, he said.

An injury to the middle finger or index finger would be more significant because those fingers stay on the football longest, although the pinky finger does play a role in his ability to grip the football, Ainge said.
UT coach Phillip Fulmer said on Wednesday's SEC teleconference that Ainge would undergo an X-ray on his finger.

When asked what tests had been performed on Ainge’s finger, the quarterback deferred to Fulmer.

However, Ainge still feels confident that he’ll be ready to play Saturday.
“The issue is, Am I going to be able to be as effective as I need to be to win the football game?” Ainge said. “I believe that answer is yes.”
Drew Edwards covers University of Tennessee football. He may be reached at 865-342-6274

Vols' Ainge says injured finger not broken

<!-- No subheads right now Story Subhead

-->Wednesday, August 29, 2007, at 2:04

By Wesley Rucker
Staff Writer

Erik Ainge said Wednesday his injured right pinky finger is not broken and he plans to play against California on Saturday night.. When asked what tests were performed on the nagging injury on his throwing hand, the Tennesee senior quarterback would not answer, saying only, “You’ll have to ask coach (Phillip) Fulmer.”

Fulmer said earlier Wednesday that Ainge would have an X-ray on the injury

that was at about 2:00 and more recenetly Coach Fulmer spoke

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=790 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top colSpan=3>UPDATE: Fulmer says Ainge finger broken

</TD><TD vAlign=top width=10 rowSpan=3></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top colSpan=3 height=5>
spacer.gif
</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=510><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=510 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=text_black align=left>By: Steve Phillips, Sports Director
Date created: 8/29/2007 6:16:20 PM
Last updated: 8/29/2007 6:17:14 PM

</TD></TR><TR><TD align=left height=10>
spacer.gif
</TD></TR><TR><TD align=left height=3></TD></TR><TR><TD align=left height=10>
spacer.gif
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=text_black align=left>Tennessee Volunteers head football coach Phillip Fulmer said after Wednesday's practice that quarterback Erik Ainge has a broken finger. Ainge broke the pinkie on his throwing hand taking a snap in Monday's practice. <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 align=left border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=advertisement align=middle>Advertisement
<SCRIPT language=JavaScript>OAS_AD('ArticleFlex_1');</SCRIPT>

He has been limited in practice since then, and had even told the media Wednesday morning his finger was not broken. But X-rays today showed the fracture.

Fulmer did say that Ainge would play against California Saturday, and that if the finger became a problem, backup Jonathan Crompton was prepared to take over.

To hear Fulmer's comments about his quarterback, click the video icon at right.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=510 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=10>
spacer.gif
</TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle>
</TD></TR><TR><TD height=10>
spacer.gif
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD width=10></TD><TD vAlign=top width=250><TABLE id=Getfullstory_tblassets cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=250 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><!-- Live Video -->
<!-- End Live Video --><!-- Video --><TABLE id=Getfullstory_tblvideo cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=250><TBODY><TR><TD class=text_black align=left width=5 background=/images/video/boxHeader.gif></TD><TD class=text_white align=left width=245 background=/images/video/boxHeader.gif height=18>Watch VIDEO</TD></TR><TR><TD align=left colSpan=2><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=250 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=250 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=1 bgColor=#29633e rowSpan=2>
spacer.gif
</TD><TD width=248><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=text_black bgColor=#dfffdf height=25>
video.gif
Click here to watch this video

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#29633e rowSpan=2>
spacer.gif
</TD></TR><TR><TD width=250 bgColor=#29633e height=1>
spacer.gif
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD align=left colSpan=2 height=5>
spacer.gif
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- End Video --><!-- Images --><!-- End Images --><!-- Slide Show --><TABLE id=Getfullstory_SlideShowControl cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=250 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=250 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=text_black align=middle colSpan=2>
genthumb.ashx

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

THURSDAY CARD

LSU -18

UL Monroe +3.5 (hookem)

Oregon State -6.5

looking at Utah State and Rutgers

Last edited:
YESSIR.......I see that you have tons of games. Well which ones are you actually playing out of them all?

PLAYS SO FAR

THURSDAY

LSU -18

UL Monroe +3.5 (hookem)

Oregon State -6.5

so these are your plays for thursday and all the ones that are listed for friday are not locked in yet?

Goodluck this week and all year long bro!

Thanks Mags...to you the same

with u on LSU already, gl yessir

Thanks...Gl this season

YESSIR.......I see that you have tons of games. Well which ones are you actually playing out of them all?

PLAYS SO FAR

THURSDAY
LSU -18

UL Monroe +3.5 (hookem)

Oregon State -6.5

so these are your plays for thursday and all the ones that are listed for friday are not locked in yet?

All the plays at the top, I am playing....red is thursday, blue friday, pink Saturday, and Gray Monday

Yessss Sirrrrrr !!!!!! Good Luck this season capper!!!
As always, I'll be looking wd to your thoughts every week.

Here's to some CFB Profit:cheers:

Akron Zips to use dual quarterbacks throughout the season

UA coach tells QBs the drill
Coach wants no repeat of experience at Pitt
By Patrick McManamon
Beacon Journal sports columnist
Published on Friday, Aug 31, 2007

There are quarterbacks and backup quarterbacks. Which makes for quarterback competitions. Which can lead to quarterback controversies.

Unless, of course, you just want a ''quarterback situation.''
The situation with the University of Akron's quarterbacks is this: There will be no in-season competition, and therefore, no controversy.

There are just two guys, close in ability. One had to start, but the other deserves to play. So the starter will start Saturday night in the season opener against Army in Cleveland Browns Stadium, and the backup will play in the second quarter.

But the job is the starter's, and he need not look over his shoulder. Because there will be no short leash.

UA coach J.D. Brookhart made that clear as he discussed the upcoming season.

Chris Jacquemain will start. He earned that right with his play in fall practices.

Carlton Jackson will be the backup. He didn't exactly drop the eggs in his effort, though, so he will play as well. Brookhart said Jackson will get the first series of the second quarter.

Better make the most of it, because that's all he's getting.

''I had them both in,'' Brookhart said. ''And I just told them: 'Understand that this is not going to be a competition. I'm not making any promises. Just because you start the season doesn't mean you're going to finish it, but don't think that in the first three or four weeks that if you make a mistake, if you throw an interception, that I'm going to be pulling you. That's not going to happen.'

''Give him a chance to mature and develop in the system.''
Brookhart knows the pratfalls of the two-quarterback approach because he has lived it. In 1999 at the University of Pittsburgh, the Panthers used two and went 5-6.

Brookhart will not let that happen at UA, where the Zips are coming off a 5-7 season and trying to rebound in the Mid-American Conference with three redshirt freshmen starting on the offensive line. The effort starts with the game Saturday.

Imagine being this coach, going from Charlie Frye to Luke Getsy to two sophomores who have not played a lot, with a freshman behind them.
In the spring, injuries hurt the quarterbacks' ability to showcase themselves. So Brookhart continued the ''competition'' through the fall.
Both improved beyond what Brookhart expected.

But someone had to start, and Brookhart wanted the guy who he thought would make fewer mistakes. So he picked Jacquemain. Jackson will get his series.

This is not a two-quarterback system. Brookhart promised.
''That doesn't give a good voice to the team,'' he said.

Coaches since the day of the printing press have vowed not to allow a two-quarterback situation to split the team. Many have failed.
Brookhart approached the situation with his pair directly.

It might sound as if Brookhart is using the same words everyone uses code words that inevitably lead to trouble if one guy struggles. But he's doing it this way precisely because of what he went through at Pitt. He does not want to repeat it, so he is making it clear this is the way it's going to be.

Which is about all he can do. If the Zips don't win which is not the plan, by the way Jackson could get the call.

But Jacquemain will play with assurances that the job is his to keep.

''Who knows which way this will go? The good thing is we have two,'' Brookhart said.

Offensive coordinator Joe Moorhead said the choice came down to the staff thinking Jacquemain gives UA the best chance to win.

Brookhart talked of getting a text message from a disappointed Jackson saying he was 100 percent behind whatever the coaches decided.
''They are very respectful of each other,'' Moorhead said.
Which is a good thing.
Because nobody needs the ''situation'' to grow into something different.
<HR color=#cccccc SIZE=1>

:36_11_6:
LOL, I swore I saw ND listed above and I skipped reading the rest to ask why

lol no...not that I know of...I had Ga Tech listed as a lean but never said anything about ND, Notre Dame, Irish, Charlie Weis, fatass, Jimmy Clawson, or any of the above....lol

leaned to ND but did not play it:seeya::cheers:

Back