Wednesday Plays

JPicks

Pretty much a regular
YTD 78-54 (27.14 Units) 59.2%
Yesterday 2-2 -.08 Units

It happened again. Just lost a HUGE write-up. I'll proabably edit this later and throw my thoughts up on the plays I've already made, but it's way to late to write it again.

Lakers +5 (-111) Lakers are 5-1 SU (6-0 ATS) against the big three of the western conference. They've already handled the Rockets twice this year, but neither of those games give much of a read as to what's in store tonight. TMac missed both of those games while Yao lit up the scoreboard. Odom got hurt in the first game and played 3 minutes while missing the 2nd completely. This play hit my radar the second the 4th quarter started in Memphis. Lakers benched their starters and the B2B becomes alot less draining. The Lakers really need/want to at least go 1-1 on this roadie and they've put themselves in a position that's far more difficult to get it done. I wonder after reading some post-game from the Lakers/Grizz if Phil doesn't mind this scenario. I sometimes think that he'd rather have the team in a difficult situation like this. Just my .02.

Hawks/Hornets U 177.5 (-105) I'm really not going to spend any time on a Hawks/Hornets write-up. 85-81 kind of game. The Hawks can't score without Josh Smith but their defense can still stop people. Don't see them losing this game, but I'd be shocked if they cleared 90.

Magic +2 (+103) Probably a bit tired when I made this play. My thoughts at this point on this game are the Magic are playing quite well right now and have proved to be a streaky team all year. Losing at Washington by one is a great foreshadow of what you may see tonight. I still am amazed at the O/U as I think it should be closer to 209/210. Magic love to play at their opponenets pace on the road. With Baron hurting and the Magic being at full health I think the Magic get their revenge and grab a victory here

Pacers -3 (-104) If O'Neal plays, he usually does, this line is going to look light. Celtics are having trouble putting together a team at the moment and are nearing Hornets-land. No Pierce, Wally's minutes are limited <25 I believe, Deltone West is out, Al Jefferson has the hammy issue. About the only guys who are playing are Tony Allen, who's lighting it up, and Brian Scalabrine. Ha. Just wanted to mention Scalabrine once in a thread. That guy couldn't guard Shaun Bradley on the wing.

Spurs 1st Half -2.5 (-105) So Smtih is back for the Nuggets tonight along with Camby being back as well. The Nuggets are only missing Anthony at this point. That's great, I don't really care. Spurs starters played really light minutes yesterday vs Portland in what looks like an attempt by Poppovich to have these guys ready to go. Spurs have been dominating 1st halfs and with the Nuggets adding another piece to the puzzle I'll take my chances that it'll take until the 2nd half for everybody to find their spot on the floor. Know I just can't wait for Carmelo to come back so I can fade the Nuggets on his 1st game back as well.

Leans/Thoughts

Minny - any single digit #. They have the D that can send the Clippers back into a tailspin. Don't get confused that the Clipps are recovered after Cassell single handedly saved them. Very interested in the O/U as well.

I'm still uncertain how the loss of Pierce affects the Celtics offense while playing at home. On the road they were able to score relatively easy against teams with no defense, but were shut down other teams. Only one game at home since the Pierce injury and they played quite well against a Cavs team with a decent D. Probably have to stay away from that one.

Bucks could be in trouble if Mo Williams can't go. That could get real ugly really fast.

Maybe it's late, but what's the holdup on the Pistons/Bobcats line? No Knight, Wallace or Billups. Am I missing somebody? Either way I was impressed with Saunders benching Wallace for being an hour late to practice. Perhaps that'll be the wake up call that gets the Pistons going.

Interesting that Poppovich didn't play Horry at all on Tuesday so that he'd be ready for Wednesday. Parker also only logged 21 minutes.

I'd be cautious betting the Wizards. Line looks awfully familiar to the Grizz/Lakers game tonight. If I find my balls I'll be on the Bulls.

I'll also be on the Blazers with at least a 1st half bet. Talked a brief bit about it in the general discussion thread.

Not much of an opinion at the moment with the Knicks/Sixers or Heat/Sonics.

Interesting to see the juice on the Warriors/Magic game. With Baron hurting and the Magic seeking some revenge I'm not going to be surprised to see this a PK before tip. Over looks attractive at anything under 208. If you're going to play a Magic over might as well be on the road where they seem to play to their opponents pace rather than their own.

If you've read all this give yourself a pat on the back. I'm not even sure what I'm talking about at this point. To all you east coasters who stay up and chat it up until 2 am every night you've gained my respect tonight.

Last edited:
Thank guys. Good luck to you as well.

Addded some plays and inserted some comments above. Am I the one who is salivating over this TWolves line? If I can get 5 I'll have to pull the trigger. Hell I'm ready now, just trying to figure out why it's so low.

With you on Atlant total. Probably with you on Pacers. Mostly nuetral currently on the rest except for your conclusion of Spurs first half which I see very differently. GL

redbeard -- Just waiting to pull the trigger on that TWolves game. I'm pretty sure that Magette is going to go and I'm hoping that'll push the line to 5 or 4.5. I really don't think he makes a difference and see the TWolves frustrating the Clipps defensively. Cassell complained of a sore foot yesterday so hopefully his minutes will be limited.

Tuck -- Read your thoughts about the Spurs/Nuggets and while I'll agree that they've failed some tests they haven't exactly looked awful. The Nuggets are getting to much respect here because Smith is coming back. It'll take these guys awhile to find some rythm together IMO. Add all that to Poppovich limiting minutes for key players, resting others altogether, and a 2 game losing streak to the Nuggets. I just think the Spurs come out firing and playing some great D.

j3pj3--GL to you as well.

Renew -- As the day goes on I get a bit less confident in that play. It'll be intersting to see how the game turns out.

Well I've waited hoping for a better line, but it just doesn't look like it's going to happen.

Trailblazers 1st Half +7.5 (-110)
Trialblazers 1st Qtr +4 (-110) 1/2 Unit
Trailblazers 1st Qtr ML (+275) 1/2 Unit

I really like the Mavs to have a big letdown coming off that 3 game road trip. Problem with taking the 13 is that the Mavs could come awake in one quarter in the 2nd half and blow the game wide open. I'm looking for the hangover to last at least thru the first half.

redbearde said:
You and me both, bro. GL to us!

You know the saying. When you're cold, shoot until you're hot.

Personal Recap 4-4 -.73 Units

Last edited:
Back