Wednesday NHL

Satyr

Paster of Muppets
Last year this series went 7-1 as far as exceeding this margin goes. The Bolts dominated the series last year, but this is a fierce divisional matchup, if you recall a few years ago when the Caps were much weaker, they managed to overcome the Bolts several times. Now they've grown together a bit and strengthened their squad, it will definitely be a tough task beating them this season, much tougher compared to recent seasons.
Alexander Semin (38 goals last season) is back for the Capitals tonight, and it will surely give them an extra dimension up front, especially if you count in super talented Alexander Ovechkin. On the other side, Tampa have been notorious for their offensive potential throughout the years, and they will be looking to score tonight against their old acquaintance Olaf Kolzig. On the other side, Holmqvist has been quite solid at home but poor on the road this year (very small pattern though). Expecting this margin to be exceeded with ease.
I also feel this might be a good chance for the Caps to get back to winning ways, after a very poor start as far as special units are concerned, and will stake a few units on the puckline.

Over 6 goals (1.92 @ Pinnacle) 8 units
Washington (-1,5) (3.19 @ Pinnacle) 2 units

Despite the fact Detroit has been a regular season force in recent years, they still haven't fared well against the Canucks last year, failing to cover the puckline, not even once.
Even though the Canucks are a different type of team than the Wings who hardly get outshot on any night, they've had success against them last season. Having watched both teams more than a couple of times this season, I have no idea how the Canucks will handle the pressure. The Wings have strengthened their defense and are still one of the most potent teams up front, while Vancouver is quite one-dimensional, relying on Sedin brothers and Naslund.
What I'm counting on tonight is Wings' 2nd and 3rd line to be able to score and put pressure on the Nucks.

Detroit (-1,5) (2.61 @ Pinnacle) 7 units

I'll also bet on something I don't usually bet on. And it's the overall bet on all teams combined tonight. The bet is available at Pinnacle and it says "home goals -1,5 @ 1.93"
Let's see. Carolina should have an edge against not so consistent Sabres, a small edge but still, I do believe Florida can beat Philadelphia tonight, despite the fact Flyers have entered the season as their name would suggest - flying.
Florida are in a good spot I believe, and Philly comes back to Earth tonight. Then we have two bets I suggested here, both home teams. Calgary - Minnesota is a toss up in my opinion, but I sincerely doubt that the Wild can thump the Flames and compensate for other home teams we are backing. After all it's Kiprusoff we're talking about and the Flames are a classic home team despite entering the season badly, as far as playing in Penngrowth Saddledome is concerned.

Home goals (-1,5) (1.93 @ Pinnacle) 8 units

Hope you are right as I am down on Detroit as a forced bet. Normally would never bet on Hasek against any kind of a team. GL

Tuck, what? :D you don't trust 6 time Vezina trophy winner? :D

Shakes, well I would lean that way but Pinnacle doesn't adjust margins, just the odds, so over 5.5 is fucked up by now, 1.75 or similar. Not interested, but it should go over, yep.

Good luck guys. :shake: :cheers:

Tuck, what? :D you don't trust 6 time Vezina trophy winner? :D

Shakes, well I would lean that way but Pinnacle doesn't adjust margins, just the odds, so over 5.5 is fucked up by now, 1.75 or similar. Not interested, but it should go over, yep.

Good luck guys. :shake: :cheers:

Wow. Betcris/Bookmaker has the over at O5.5 +115. Not what I would have expected.

Could have been another 30 unit day :D, but the Wings couldn't capitalize on a 39-15 shot domination to win by 2 or more, so it's 3-1, +14.37...which is very solid for my standards. I'll take it any day :).

Overall record still unreal, approaching the hundred unit mark after 35 bets...:eek: :D :cheers:

sorry I counted the grand salami -1,5 already, Calgary scored to make it 1-3 and we have

6-2
5-3
3-2
4-3

winners, which makes it a 5 goal cushion. So unless Minnesota win by a ton, we are fine :D

It is actually a +12.18 day, not a +14.37 one...good that I always check it once again ;).

Still solid

One Croatian girl in particular, 21, cute and busty, is coming over to my place to sleep for a while before heading to class (oh, don't we just love college girls? :D)

Yeah we do.:smiley_acbe:

It's my gf btw :D Not some early morning booty call. :36_11_6:

Back