Wednesday MLB Discussion

On AJ Happ he pitched pretty good vs NY on Friday but unraveled in the 5th . Think 1 hit and no walks through 4 innings but 3 bbs and 2 hits in the 5th but was drunk so dont remember much watching it out . Two career ML starts and he faced only NYM so it was a tough spot since they actually seen him already even though it was last year and STL hasnt .

however, the Mets were off an 11 run pounding of STL the night before, and had Santana going vs Happ, which suggests their batters rested on their pitcher to do most of the work for them in that game after their workload the night before (probably why the Mets ended up losing).

If the Mets had scored 1 run in a loss to STL the night before, I daresay Mr.Happ would have faced a different attitude from the lineup he pitched to. The Mets have scored a pile runs in every game since.

Scratch KC ML going with the Under 8.5 instead and maybe u4.5 1st 5 innings as well . Bannister much better on normal rest BAA about 100 pts lower and ERA about 3.5 runs lower. Javy was dealing last start. Last night 4 guys had 16 of the 33 hits .....

Mets had actually scored 25 runs in their 3 games before Happ (7, 7 & 11 run totals). Can be little doubt he benefitted from their being "all hit out" by the time they came round to facing him. Mets do have that current tendency to produce totals 3 or less, or 7 or more, w/nothing inbetween.

however, the Mets were off an 11 run pounding of STL the night before, and had Santana going vs Happ, which suggests their batters rested on their pitcher to do most of the work for them in that game after their workload the night before (probably why the Mets ended up losing).

If the Mets had scored 1 run in a loss to STL the night before, I daresay Mr.Happ would have faced a different attitude from the lineup he pitched to. The Mets have scored a pile runs in every game since.

I disagree Happ's a solid SP prospect. You really think with the bad blood Mets vs Phillies they took the night off because they beat up some kid who get sent to AAA afterwards and had the ace who had lost like 5 straight starts ? The 11 spot was a fluke . Not the Friday start IMO.

I think thats a reach BC. His minor league numbers are solid and pitching vs Johan Santana is pressure IMO for a youngster .

If Sean Marshall and Nate Robertson can hold STL to 1 and 2 runs respectively then I think there is a chance Happ can keep STL in check while Mulder should get hit hard .

JMO....:shake::cheers:

Teams having an off batting night after putting up a 10+ run total is quite normal.

I understand that but they were facing a rival was my point. I dont disagree with the logic just think the previous night didnt play into that game IMO . Thats all . Just trying to say Happ has some potential...:shake:

I don't know enough about Happ to begin to comment, I'm just of the opinion that Mutts game isn't necessarily a true reflection of anything. And the fact the Cards are also in an offensive slump says he can't win here in my eyes either. He keeps them down, just as much their slump as his good pitching - he fails to keep them down, couldnt even keep a team in a slump down.

DP - Philly find a way to screw up, as has been their way in 13 of 16 games recently vs teams not called ATL.

last 3 Cards players swinging at 1st or 2nd pitches. gotta be more patient than that.

I don't know enough about Happ to begin to comment, I'm just of the opinion that Mutts game isn't necessarily a true reflection of anything. And the fact the Cards are also in an offensive slump says he can't win here in my eyes either. He keeps them down, just as much their slump as his good pitching - he fails to keep them down, couldnt even keep a team in a slump down.

BC were are on the same path. I never said the met game was a reflection of anything other then he did well for 4 innings . The theme seemed to be this kid sucked and was only trying to say he had potential . Your correct as well about STL which again is what I said already if Nate Robertson can hold them to 2 runs and Sean Marhsall one then why couldnt Happ have a decent outing here . Thats all my point was . Last 4 starts vs LHP think STL scored 7 runs . I am NOT saying he shut down a hot Met lineup or any lineup . Just that the kid has potential to stay in the MLs. Whether NY scored 2 or 11 runs the previous game the fact remained his 1st ML start of 2008 was Phillys biggest rival and there best SP so tried to imply the game wasnt a cakewalk . Sometimes we get into these mix ups and I feel like your trying to prove me wrong before its clear you know what I am saying or why I am saying . I just walked in for hoops and I seriously have zero idea what you even played in this game. Zero.

I am not trying to prove your wrong on anything just share my opinion . Simple as that . :shake:

Seriously , GL in whatever you played . :cheers:

Arizona is now 7-13 in their last 20 road games, scoring over 4 runs in just 3 of them. Lannan's numbers at home aren't the best, but apparently it doesn't matter when you are at home vs the backs. Zona team total under4, because it'll likely be an even money play & you get to sidestep the disgrace that is the National's offense @ home...

Game under too.

Zona can't score on the road

Good call Lex .

Man I suck this week its comincal how I talk every good play down in size and increase every stupid play in size .

How the fuck does Cle lose ?

Back