Wednesday Discussion Thread

Nice. i was just txt friends on telegram needed reds to wake up. next swing 3 run homer. Now astros need to do the same and quick. Embarrassing....need the over there too but would love a stros cover

wasn't worried bout the over in cincy but thought for sure del la cruz making 3rd out in 4th trying to steal 3rd was gonna cost me the ff team total, i knew hendricks was out of gas but cruz tried to save him being selfish! luckily they got him in 5th. cashed reds ff tt over and one run from cashing game over.,

i think someone might have finally altered the settings of the humidors......offense had been down historically in MLB but thank god, it has picked up big time this week.

Whew.... thank you AT! Asstros 5-4 cashing the over, wish that had come in the 5th an inning before but better later than never...

i think someone might have finally altered the settings of the humidors......offense had been down historically in MLB but thank god, it has picked up big time this week.

think it was @peelpub94 who mentioned he expected they were gonna start using the more tightly wound balls and then blame the scoring on the heat. personally i prefer lower scoring games as unders are easier for me to cap, i hate overs! lol. seems he was correct tho as the balls have had insane carry lately. half the bombs Jazz has hit since becoming a yankee wernt even barreled, looked like lazy fly outs off the bat but ball just kept carrying. guess it that time of year mlb has to start worrying bout nfl and ncaa fb so why not juice the baseballs to give fans more runs??

think it was @peelpub94 who mentioned he expected they were gonna start using the more tightly wound balls and then blame the scoring on the heat. personally i prefer lower scoring games as unders are easier for me to cap, i hate overs! lol. seems he was correct tho as the balls have had insane carry lately. half the bombs Jazz has hit since becoming a yankee wernt even barreled, looked like lazy fly outs off the bat but ball just kept carrying. guess it that time of year mlb has to start worrying bout nfl and ncaa fb so why not juice the baseballs to give fans more runs??
The MLB has become patently obvious year after year.

the tallest people on earth orignate from South Sudan (Dinka tride, they average 6 foot 4) and Darfur. I've met some crazy tall people in that region of the world. Tutsi's of Rwanda also are giants, just behind the Dinka tribe....sadly the starvation crisis in that region has stunted recent generations....many now only reach 5'9 due to malnutrition...
What in the fuck are you doing over there?
Mission work?

i don't know the numbers but sure seems we have had way more scoring lately!
Before the all Star break and all through mid season they harped on how scoring was down but offensive key stats like slug were WAY down...it had to correct at some point...they were talking about how pitchers are throwing harder and that was an excuse why hitters werent hitting. Who knows. Glad the offense has picked up since ASB...

i don't know the numbers but sure seems we have had way more scoring lately!

This was end of June...

• 39,404 hits — more than 1,400 fewer than last year.

• 21,078 runs — more than 1,300 fewer than last year.

• 5,079 home runs — almost 800 fewer than last year.

• 7,628 doubles — exactly 600 fewer than last year.

At this pace, we would also be heading toward …

• The fewest doubles in a season since before the 1993 expansion. That’s two expansions ago!

• The fewest homers since 2015, just before the baseball got noticeably livelier.

• The fewest hits per game (in a full season) since 1968.

• The lowest batting average on balls in play (.288) since 1992.

This was end of June...

• 39,404 hits — more than 1,400 fewer than last year.

• 21,078 runs — more than 1,300 fewer than last year.

• 5,079 home runs — almost 800 fewer than last year.

• 7,628 doubles — exactly 600 fewer than last year.

At this pace, we would also be heading toward …

• The fewest doubles in a season since before the 1993 expansion. That’s two expansions ago!

• The fewest homers since 2015, just before the baseball got noticeably livelier.

• The fewest hits per game (in a full season) since 1968.

• The lowest batting average on balls in play (.288) since 1992.

im referring to the scoring this past month seems way higher than it was rest of this season. i know overall the scoring been dropping basically every year the last 5+.

im referring to the scoring this past month seems way higher than it was rest of this season. i know overall the scoring been dropping basically every year the last 5+.
yeah i know, i wonder what changes they actually made since that article cause i noticed it picked up. more overs have been hitting too at least.

yeah i know, i wonder what changes they actually made since that article cause i noticed it picked up. more overs have been hitting too at least.

@peelpub94 mentioned around the asb he expected this to happen and they blame it on the heat but knowing mlb they just using the more tightly wound balls. it was painfully obvious on a few the home runs Jazz has hit, he didn't even barrel up the ball on few of them! completely got under them, looked like lazy fly balls and they just kept carrying.

how the hell fish hit 3 bombs off Taj i'll never know? lol. i been touting that kid as the next rays ace and he gets creamed by worse offense in baseball! that game cost me more than im proud of between losing his k prop and ff under!

Back