Wednesday 03/06/13 NBA discussion thread

Of course it's a must win for them. If LAL lose and Utah and Houston win, it will be 4 games between them all of a sudden.
It's not being homer, it's just being real. Change Lakers name to Denver or Memphis. The bottom line is that it's a huge game for better team, playing a weaker team that called it a season.
I don't get why Nets get 9 points line and Lakers only 2. In my eyes it should have been the other way around.

There two kinds of people that think this line is right or that Hornets have more than 5% here in my eyes. Hornets fans and Lakers haters.
Again, Lakers can lose. 5% still means that once every 20 games, Hornets will steal one.
But why on earth, looking at the H2H between the teams, including this season and given motivation edge and given the simple look at the roster, teams records and so on, does it make any sense to make it about evens line on the Lakers?

MO WILLIAMS IS BACK.... finally... he's gonna be very important in knocking the lakers out of the playoffs

and he's playing against the cavs tonight which is interesting... he could be very rusty though.. need him healthy for a few circled plays on utah in the coming wks

And what is the difference between today's game and last game in NO:
[TABLE="class: data, width: 660"]
<tbody>[TR="class: datarow, bgcolor: #FFFFFF"]
[TD]12/05/12[/TD]
[TD]@ New Orleans[/TD]
[TD]W 103-87[/TD]
[TD]Regular Season[/TD]
[TD]W -4.5[/TD]
[TD]U 195.5[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: datarow, bgcolor: #FFFFFF"]
[TD]12/04/12[/TD]
[TD]@ Houston[/TD]
[TD]L 105-107[/TD]
[TD]Regular Season[/TD]
[TD]L 1[/TD]
[TD]U 215
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Lakers came off very tough loss in B2B spot, game wasn't that big for them and yet the result was - win by 16 points.

And what is the difference between today's game and last game in NO:
[TABLE="class: data, width: 660"]
<tbody>[TR="class: datarow, bgcolor: #FFFFFF"]
[TD]12/05/12[/TD]
[TD]@ New Orleans[/TD]
[TD]W 103-87[/TD]
[TD]Regular Season[/TD]
[TD]W -4.5[/TD]
[TD]U 195.5[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: datarow, bgcolor: #FFFFFF"]
[TD]12/04/12[/TD]
[TD]@ Houston[/TD]
[TD]L 105-107[/TD]
[TD]Regular Season[/TD]
[TD]L 1[/TD]
[TD]U 215[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Lakers came off very tough loss in B2B spot, game wasn't that big for them and yet the result was - win by 16 points.

if you cant answer what the difference is maybe you should look a little further

Because the Hornets are 7 points better than Charlotte? Because LAL played hard last night despite a game they should have lost by 40. It took some serious lucky shot making to keep them within DDs at times. Lakers defense is still terrible and they don't have the guys to crush the Hirnets in the paint.

Lakers also better than the Nets as two games between them clearly pointed out.

All I mean is that this is the time of the year, where teams that need the game more, win it almost always and bookies adjust and put the lines accordingly.

Conspiracy theory. Utah by far the dullest of the playoff contenders. Stern wants Lakers in the playoffs. How bad can fading Utah at Cleveland be. Granted a line would be nice but Utah had a won game at Bucks and blew it.

Utah will lose 6 in a row aft 3/13...brutal schedule

It's pointless to argue.

If Lakers will win by 100 points, I still wouldn't be able to prove that they would have won this one 95% of the time as I believe and if Hornets will win by 100 points, it still woudn't prove nothing as well.
It's theoretical arguement only and it's pointless.

Good luck for those that took Lakers, good health to those that who took Hornets :)

I think that there are too many games and good bets to spend so much time on a game I placed a wager on already...

I do like Indy + SAS + LAC + Nets parlay. Very nice odds for very nice chances.

Absolutely agree with HH. Took Nets and Spurs the moment the lines were released -8 and -7 accordingly.

Bulls short roster will catch up to them and Spurs should sweep them, just like Bulls did to them a year ago and somehow, I just can't see Spurs stopping below 100 - 105 points and Bulls coming anything close to 95 points.

As for the Nets, aside from Bavetta as a ref, Nets probably looking to hammer on someone right now and Cats are as perfect of a choice as there can be...

In the previous game in NO, Nash, Blake and Gasol didn't play. Duhon played 33 minutes!!!

yes and that is no where close to the same impact of not having gordon

it looks like we are bashing you, divol, but it really is not the case... for me anyway..... but some of your statements are just silly

yes and it was a competitive game, i was just replying to your post about what the difference was between tonights game and the last game in new orleans

it looks like we are bashing you, divol, but it really is not the case... for me anyway..... but some of your statements are just silly

I couldn't care less. I rather be considered silly, but be right, than the other way around and I do know that I'm right more times than I'm wrong...
I honestly can't see how one can think that Hornets have more than 5% chance, unless he thinks that injuries by the Lakers last night, will hurt them more than it looks right now (and they maybe right, wouldn't know it till the game begins)...

Also like the Sixers chances. Hawks off a long trip, Sixers play them very well and with all the minor Hawks injuries, no reason for Sixers to get trashed here.

Revenge for Dallas also seems like a legit option...

If you think the Lakers win 75 or 95%of the time then you should bet accordingly...

I personally think the hobbled Lakers are a bad bet...

but it will make the nets better for the long haul with a more consistent rotation... hump is a good ball player but is not the most mentally strong guy in the world... he needs a consistent role to be productive

wish i could back the sixers getting a ton of pts. but had my fill of watching them and fucking evan turner especially. just a shitty team.

Pretty good day of week for Chicago. Not a gimmie.
Anyone thought about Knicks?

cutting down the leans the rest of the night to

hornets +2.5... waiting to see what the line does
mavs -1.5 -105
spurs -8
warriors -11

that bad feeling in my stomach is there for sure, hate playing so many favs

TV: League pass

• During the morning shootaround, Heat center Chris Bosh said they won’t allow a repeat performance by Magic center Nikola Vucevic. He recorded a franchise-record 29 rebounds when the teams met Dec. 31 in Orlando. Bosh said, “He won’t be getting 29 rebounds tonight.”
  • Heat forward LeBron James needs just two 3-pointers to reach 1,000 for his career. This season, James is shooting a career-high 40 percent from the arc.
  • Orlando guard Jameer Nelson responded to former teammate Dwight Howard’s claim that he played on a team “full of people nobody wanted.” Nelson said, “I don’t disagree or agree with him. That’s his opinion. If that’s how he feels, that’s how feels. I’d be less of a man to continue to comment about someone who is not even on the team right now.”
  • Jarvis Varnado and Juwan Howard are inactive for the Heat. Glen Davis is inactive for the Magic.
–Zachary Paul

must win!!!!!!

lol

on a side note... if anyone ever sees me post a 1h play please call me a dumbass, thank you in advance

Just got back from being out. Boston just raped any chance I was gonna take them vs Atlanta. WTF? Indy had a cosy lead after 1 (last point I saw before I left), was setting up the Atlanta fixture perfectly (given Atlanta was up nicely as well, and I see it stayed that way there). Then this shit happens.

Back