We all knew it had to happen eventually. and I think it's finally happening...

skanless13

Fly, Eagles, Fly!
Brady does NOT look good this year. And IMO played pretty bad tonight. I'm not a Brady or Patriots hater either. On the contrary, I have a lot of respect for the success they have had. But this year, unlike past years, I have actually been asking myself if Brady is holding this team back. OR.. am I wrong, and this is more a result of the lack of weapons he has? I'd love to hear thoughts...

I haven't watched a lot of their games so take this with a grain of salt .. but from what I saw tonight, he hit the guys when they were open. His offensive line doesn't seem as strong and he wasn't the most mobile when he wasn't old. I am sure he has taken a step back, we all do as we age and get replaced by younger guys, but I think a lot of this is a product of bad skill help. I think things play out differently if he had an A Brown talent on the team. Sure the whole organization would fall apart by years end (maybe Tomlin deserves more credit than he gets for keeping that ship afloat the last couple years as well as he did) but they would be throwing for a lot more TD's.

But I am certainly no expert on the Pats, Brady or the NFL

It's the receivers, I say that not having seen the game but the best damn football man on tv dan orlovsky catching this live during the game

Hes romo without the name brand, should be on an A team not doing the 6th best college game every week

But the main point is brady csnt trust his receivers, can even see him telling McDaniels hes done with him (dorsett)

He hasn’t been as accurate but he’d also dealing w a lot of no name WRs, I expected Sanu to be a bigger piece when he got acquired but that hasn’t happened. Outside of Edelman, and White not sure Tom has the repoire w the other guys to always know where they will be. Also feel like he’s getting pressured a lot more forcing him to throw before he wants.

It's the receivers, I say that not having seen the game but the best damn football man on tv dan orlovsky catching this live during the game

Hes romo without the name brand, should be on an A team not doing the 6th best college game every week

But the main point is brady csnt trust his receivers, can even see him telling McDaniels hes done with him (dorsett)
I like Dan for NFL. Not so much his college takes

I thought Brady displayed his usual pocket awareness, he bought himself extra time on numerous occasions. I don't think the arm strength has fallen off much, but he did have a couple of bad footwork throws, mostly into the flat and near sideline.

While I don't disagree that Brady has no trust in anyone besides Edelman and White, how are the Patriots any different than the Saints really? Does Brees trust anyone besides Thomas and Kamara?

Pats biggest headache is they aren't very good at running the ball. 8th in rush attempts but 28th in YPC? That's a bad recipe, they're 30th in expected points contributed by rushing offense. The only team worse in rushing DVOA that's currently playoff bound is the Steelers. Get into more 3rd and threes and less 3rd and eights and suddenly this little pick plays with Edelman and Sanu become a lot more effective.

Seemed to me like Brady's accuracy has really worsened lately. Still has good pocket awareness, but some of his passes are all over the place. I do think his distrust of most of his receivers is part of the issue for sure.

I think he's fine. He literally has an overachieving Edleman and nothing else to throw to. No running game, no TEs, bad OL.

He's not going to risk injury at 10-2 to sit in the pocket and get hit. He throws the ball away in a fashion that makes him appear inaccurate.

The fact they gave up a #2 for Sanu shows how desperate they are and he's been banged up/sick. He really needs to step it up but again he's maybe an average WR at best in the NFL.

Back