WCF's Discussion: Dallas vs GSW

If luka would hit the gym a little bit in one these off seasons he would quickly become best player in the league imo.

Frauds is awful harsh. Booker def took a step back from entering the superstar category but I think it more a temporary setback. I was shocked he played so bad, hell I bet him over 28.5 points! That the 1st time the last 2 years I recall him coming up so small so I think calling him a fraud over 1 game is overboard.

Far as cp3 goes fraud not the right word, he has just solidified his legacy of not being able to get it done in playoffs. I was always nicer to him bout it than most cause I thought it had been a unfair knock since imo he never had the team to win it all. Obviously he has the last 2 years and he got whipped this series. Mavs deserve credit cause they worked his ass all series on both ends. They continually attacked him on switches and abused him. The they picked him up 94 feet a bunch and made him work just to get ball across half court. It’s like he mentally checked out the last 2-3 games, maybe he was physically exhausted which caused it but i couldn’t believe starting in gm4 (I think) how little he was involved in the offense. So often he just camped out in the corner where he basically useless, yet his turnovers went up every game from gm4 thru gm6!!

I think mavs deserve way more credit than most want to give them as calling suns chokers diminishes what mavs did imo. That said it hard to argue when suns got beat that badly in gm7 at home! Had they lost a tightly contested gm I would have defended then more, lol.
That loss and the way they lost, as well as the ongoing pattern of disappearing when you’re needed most tells me all I need to know.

That loss and the way they lost, as well as the ongoing pattern of disappearing when you’re needed most tells me all I need to know.

Im not trying to give them a pass but how can a team who reached the finals then followed that up by having the best record this year ne “frauds”? The whole series made no sense with none the damn games being close when either team won. That makes the optics bad bud mavs are just a really good team, losing to them doesn’t make suns frauds. Yes they way they lost gm 7 was ugly but every game in series was decided before the 4th qrtr. Only difference in gm7 was suns look completely worn the hell down.

Has to be said and I can't believe I'm saying this but...

Kidd >>>>>>>> Kerr and Big Mike.

Kidd has become one the better coaches in the league. Who saw that coming? Lot of hard lessons he learned in previous stops! Lol

Im done defending cp3, just don’t think fraud the right word. Dude has been up 2-0 and lost how many series now? 5 I think? That a record that will stand for awhile! Lol. Mavs attacked the shit out of him all series and rendered him useless by gm4! Just the way he started camping out in the corner was crazy, he didn’t even go down swinging, he refused to swing! Very Harden like! That never good.

Im not trying to give them a pass but how can a team who reached the finals then followed that up by having the best record this year ne “frauds”? The whole series made no sense with none the damn games being close when either team won. That makes the optics bad bud mavs are just a really good team, losing to them doesn’t make suns frauds. Yes they way they lost gm 7 was ugly but every game in series was decided before the 4th qrtr. Only difference in gm7 was suns look completely worn the hell down.
I’m talking about patterns that don’t seem to be going away. More so with CP -3 than with Booker. Only time will tell with him.

Im done defending cp3, just don’t think fraud the right word. Dude has been up 2-0 and lost how many series now? 5 I think? That a record that will stand for awhile! Lol. Mavs attacked the shit out of him all series and rendered him useless by gm4! Just the way he started camping out in the corner was crazy, he didn’t even go down swinging, he refused to swing! Very Harden like! That never good.
Yep. That’s what I’m talking about.
Suns just seem to be the NBA version of the Packers

Could ruin him as well...

You think? Im not suggesting he beefs up with 20lbs of muscle, or even cutting up, being a guy who even when I’m in great shape Carries a little padding im ok with that. He probably needs a bit of padding! He could get himself in a tad better shape tho! That wouldn’t kill him and it might make him stronger at end of games even after he has to drag his team to the finish!

I’m talking about patterns that don’t seem to be going away. More so with CP -3 than with Booker. Only time will tell with him.

Yea I don’t think book should get buried for this one, he was mostly pretty good this series until game 7 wasn’t he? He was awful in gm 7 there no doubt, he shouldn’t get a pass, I think It without a doubt keeps him off the superstar list (for now). That said he young, played big in big games plenty of times last 2 years, I still think he gonna end up being great. Hell, I bet his fucking over point prop in gm7 so I certainly believed in him!! Had to be a bit of a culture shock for him having cp3 disappear and all a sudden being needed for more than what usually asked of him. I know it wasn’t shocking to most ppl but I’m sure his teammates didn’t expect him to play so small! If he that dude he should step up and deliver but not doing it 1x isn’t gonna make me bury him. Bron has had his fair share of stinkers over the years!

You think? Im not suggesting he beefs up with 20lbs of muscle, or even cutting up, being a guy who even when I’m in great shape Carries a little padding im ok with that. He probably needs a bit of padding! He could get himself in a tad better shape tho! That wouldn’t kill him and it might make him stronger at end of games even after he has to drag his team to the finish!
I agree. He has my shape at that age.

With that being said, I don't think he needs to be a workout freak. Some guys ruin their skills with body changes...

Yea I don’t think book should get buried for this one, he was mostly pretty good this series until game 7 wasn’t he? He was awful in gm 7 there no doubt, he shouldn’t get a pass, I think It without a doubt keeps him off the superstar list (for now). That said he young, played big in big games plenty of times last 2 years, I still think he gonna end up being great. Hell, I bet his fucking over point prop in gm7 so I certainly believed in him!! Had to be a bit of a culture shock for him having cp3 disappear and all a sudden being needed for more than what usually asked of him. I know it wasn’t shocking to most ppl but I’m sure his teammates didn’t expect him to play so small! If he that dude he should step up and deliver but not doing it 1x isn’t gonna make me bury him. Bron has had his fair share of stinkers over the years!
It’s been more than 1x. But I agree mostly with your points

With that being said, I don't think he needs to be a workout freak. Some guys ruin their skills with body changes...
Yea I could see that. He’s so young. Too much muscle and he won’t be able to move as well. He’s already a mismatch for anyone as an offensive player

Def could fuck him up if he got swole. Think there gotta be a happy medium somewhere between living in weight room getting jacked and where he at now. I do think his body type works for him the same way lifting weights worked for Jordan, mj was thin and had to put on the muscle to handle the beating inside, luka build helps him take the contact in the same way already, and he clearly strong enough as is. I really think all he needs is few days a week of high reps along with cardio and shooting 1000s of 3s and free throws! If he could just increase his stamina and become a more consistent shooter it over with, he be the best player in the league for the next 5-10 years!

It’s been more than 1x. But I agree mostly with your points

That booker has came up that small? I don’t recall the others? My memory sucks tho! I remember he was really good the 1st couple games of the finals last year but I don’t remember how he played when bucks started taking over the series? I thought he continued to be mostly pretty good, Giannis was just better as he went nuts in the finals!

Can anyone stop luka from getting to his spots or into the lane? His understanding of angles and how to attack a guy is insane! Dude is like a basketball genius and he how old? Only 23? Jfc, I was gonna say 25 until I looked it up!! He only a year older than Ja and younger than tatum and the other budding stars!! That crazy, his game so much more advanced than the others! He really is the guy to take the mantle from bron!

Tatum career playoff numbers

egular Season
Playoffs
SeasonAgeTmLgPosGGSMPFGFGAFG%3P3PA3P%2P2PA2P%eFG%FTFTAFT%ORBDRBTRBASTSTLBLKTOVPFPTS
CareerNBA616137.87.717.3.4432.26.0.3645.511.3.485.5075.36.4.8280.95.86.64.01.10.92.72.722.8

Booker career playoff numbers

Playoffs
SeasonAgeTmLgPosGGSMPFGFGAFG%3P3PA3P%2P2PA2P%eFG%FTFTAFT%ORBDRBTRBASTSTLBLKTOVPFPTS
2020-2124PHONBASG222240.49.621.5.4472.06.2.3217.615.3.499.4946.06.7.9050.75.05.64.50.80.23.73.527.3
2021-2225PHONBASG101036.67.917.5.4512.86.5.4315.111.0.464.5314.75.3.8871.03.84.84.40.50.43.22.523.3
CareerNBA323239.29.120.3.4482.36.3.3566.814.0.490.5045.66.3.9000.84.65.44.50.70.33.53.226.1

That is beyond stupid. Where was tatum
Last year while booker was in the finals? Let’s pretend this is Tatum 1st year in the league!! I’d rather have Tatum than booker anyways but that pretty much the reason I don’t do Twitter.
Yeah, I saw that it was only this season which is stupid. Couldn’t resist though.
However, if u had to choose 1 on my team, it’s Tatum any day

So if mavs win this series can wr give them credit or will dubs then be chokers? Suns didn’t fold on their own, mavs applied pressure. I think it could be argued dubs the biggest front runners in the NBA, what happens when mavs impose their will a bit? I think grizz lead for more of the last series than dubs did! I don’t think they can count on roaring back against a luka lead team. He will continue scoring late in games, you can’t have that to come back like they were doing on grizz.
I certainly think the Mavs can win this series vs the Warriors. And of course Mavs played the Suns well but it can also be true that the Suns folded (lost 1h of Game 7 at home by 30, like cmon lol). I just think we’re overreacting a little too much to Mavs performance last round

Can anyone stop luka from getting to his spots or into the lane? His understanding of angles and how to attack a guy is insane! Dude is like a basketball genius and he how old? Only 23? Jfc, I was gonna say 25 until I looked it up!! He only a year older than Ja and younger than tatum and the other budding stars!! That crazy, his game so much more advanced than the others! He really is the guy to take the mantle from bron!
my problem with luka is that he takes too many poor shots. as it sits now, i would take jokic over him without hesitation. jokic really tries to get the highest percentage shot for his team every possession, luka has a lot of "look what i can do" in him, like settling for 28 footers with 10 on the clock when he isn't a great perimeter shooter. he may be more talented than jokic, just as rodgers is more talented than brady...problem is the production of doncic and rodgers just doesn't compare to the production of jokic and brady. queen james is a sub-par perimeter shooter, and he does recognize that, usually taking shots at distance when he doesn't see other options. that's why he's still a career 50% shooter. luka should be a 50% shooter but he isn't close. if he fixes that, then he could be the best in the future.

I’m sticking w Mavs to go all the way. I was planning on grabbing some +210 for series this morning but now I see it down to +190. Not sure if I want that or just use the money on a gm1 and 2 mavs chase? I think they take 1 at GS with way they playing. Dubs got worn down by grizz physicality, mavs not as physical down low but they have physical wing defenders!! When luka gets help and way they play defense they really tough to beat.
The guys on local radio are all picking the Mavs.

Regardless who they beat they still went to finals! It pretty crazy to suggest a team frauds or not contenders after they were in a finals! “Shoulda lost”? They didn’t and what seed a team was doesn’t matter much these days since most teams don’t care about regular season anymore, especially clippers who were clearly better than a typical 8 seed. They might struggle going forward, I don’t know. It doesn’t change the fact they were legit contenders the last 2 years, the reason everyone blasting them is cause they were heavily favored to be playing dubs in wcf, it not really fair to be revisionist about them now cause they lost.
Nets in ‘03 were terrible. Too bad Dirk hurt his knee in WCF.

Kidd has become one the better coaches in the league. Who saw that coming? Lot of hard lessons he learned in previous stops! Lol
A lot of people who followed the Mavs closely while Kidd was there thought he would be a good coach.

Is it possible Booker’s performance was affected by Paul’s?

Tatum career playoff numbers

egular Season
Playoffs
CareerNBA616137.87.717.3.4432.26.0.3645.511.3.485.5075.36.4.8280.95.86.64.01.10.92.72.722.8

Booker career playoff numbers

Playoffs
2020-2124PHONBASG222240.49.621.5.4472.06.2.3217.615.3.499.4946.06.7.9050.75.05.64.50.80.23.73.527.3
2021-2225PHONBASG101036.67.917.5.4512.86.5.4315.111.0.464.5314.75.3.8871.03.84.84.40.50.43.22.523.3
CareerNBA323239.29.120.3.4482.36.3.3566.814.0.490.5045.66.3.9000.84.65.44.50.70.33.53.226.1

Tatum has averaged 27.35 ppg over the past 3 playoffs. How involved was he in his first two years? Seem to be skewing the numbers a bit from when he played under 20 mins a game as a rookie and 2nd year player in the playoffs.

Crazy how people underrating how well GSW can play defensively. This series obviously far from over, but this is an underrated part of their game. I’ll stick with GSW in 6. They do need to work on the stupid ass turnovers though.

Kane is in the house. No point in betting a road team. Although he did seem to really enjoy helping the Mavs last series

Barkley has me in tears laughing pre-game. Lmfao at saying "cut to commercial so I can go smack that kid"

That was something else...

I know now that Memphis defense was for real.

GG Dallas... They'll grab 1-2 but this series is the Dubs...

That was something else...

I know now that Memphis defense was for real.

GG Dallas... They'll grab 1-2 but this series is the Dubs...
True about Memphis

Really, all the Warriors have done is hold serve. Dallas will get at least 1 in Dallas, but Warriors are too high powered.

Back