WCF's Discussion: Dallas vs GSW

skanless13

Fly, Eagles, Fly!
Dallas red hot last couple games. Geez. When they are on, they are ON. Still leaning GSW in 6? Anyone know the regular season results?

Impossible unless you count preseason.

No one plays 5x in the NBA anymore. It's been since the early 90s.

My bad, I deleted it. Went back and watched the TNT again, it was 3-1. Must have heard the Klay in 2 games and heard it 3-2 for some reason.

Last edited:
All good.
My bad, I deleted it. Went back and watched the TNT again, it was 3-1. Must have heard the Klay in 2 games and heard it 3-2 for some reason.
Back even in 88-89 when Orlando and Charlotte joined the league, you would play division opponents 6x a year.

I’m sticking w Mavs to go all the way. I was planning on grabbing some +210 for series this morning but now I see it down to +190. Not sure if I want that or just use the money on a gm1 and 2 mavs chase? I think they take 1 at GS with way they playing. Dubs got worn down by grizz physicality, mavs not as physical down low but they have physical wing defenders!! When luka gets help and way they play defense they really tough to beat.

They choked so hard. Paul and Booker frauds

Frauds is awful harsh. Booker def took a step back from entering the superstar category but I think it more a temporary setback. I was shocked he played so bad, hell I bet him over 28.5 points! That the 1st time the last 2 years I recall him coming up so small so I think calling him a fraud over 1 game is overboard.

Far as cp3 goes fraud not the right word, he has just solidified his legacy of not being able to get it done in playoffs. I was always nicer to him bout it than most cause I thought it had been a unfair knock since imo he never had the team to win it all. Obviously he has the last 2 years and he got whipped this series. Mavs deserve credit cause they worked his ass all series on both ends. They continually attacked him on switches and abused him. The they picked him up 94 feet a bunch and made him work just to get ball across half court. It’s like he mentally checked out the last 2-3 games, maybe he was physically exhausted which caused it but i couldn’t believe starting in gm4 (I think) how little he was involved in the offense. So often he just camped out in the corner where he basically useless, yet his turnovers went up every game from gm4 thru gm6!!

I think mavs deserve way more credit than most want to give them as calling suns chokers diminishes what mavs did imo. That said it hard to argue when suns got beat that badly in gm7 at home! Had they lost a tightly contested gm I would have defended then more, lol.

Frauds is awful harsh. Booker def took a step back from entering the superstar category but I think it more a temporary setback. I was shocked he played so bad, hell I bet him over 28.5 points! That the 1st time the last 2 years I recall him coming up so small so I think calling him a fraud over 1 game is overboard.

Far as cp3 goes fraud not the right word, he has just solidified his legacy of not being able to get it done in playoffs. I was always nicer to him bout it than most cause I thought it had been a unfair knock since imo he never had the team to win it all. Obviously he has the last 2 years and he got whipped this series. Mavs deserve credit cause they worked his ass all series on both ends. They continually attacked him on switches and abused him. The they picked him up 94 feet a bunch and made him work just to get ball across half court. It’s like he mentally checked out the last 2-3 games, maybe he was physically exhausted which caused it but i couldn’t believe starting in gm4 (I think) how little he was involved in the offense. So often he just camped out in the corner where he basically useless, yet his turnovers went up every game from gm4 thru gm6!!

I think mavs deserve way more credit than most want to give them as calling suns chokers diminishes what mavs did imo. That said it hard to argue when suns got beat that badly in gm7 at home! Had they lost a tightly contested gm I would have defended then more, lol.
Suns a good team and had a good year. But frauds for sure. Performed like that for a Game 7 at home.

CP3’s history speaks for itself. Booker - this was such a big stain. Fraudulent until proven legit for me

Last edited:
Suns a good team and had a good year. But frauds for sure. Performed like that for a Game 7 at home.

CP3’s history speaks for itself. Booker - this was such a big stain. Fraudulent until proven innocent for me

They aren’t contenders. Pretenders who win a lot of regular season games. I refuse to believe James Jones is some scholar and he lucked into this overrated roster. Bridges is probably their best piece honestly. I don’t have Booker or Ayton as a top 15 guy in todays league. Ayton is basically worthless and it showed over and over.

Insert any bad team. And they are closer to a ring than this team. Monte isn’t a great coach, Paul is old, etc etc. what the Mavs are building is sustainable and they have a ton of flexibility. Basically the 76ers of the West.

Jalen Brunson why is he so tough to guard? Hardway jr gets back in rotation after that foot fracture back in late January then what..team clearly level up with Dinwiddie..they have size as well...i think they matchup well with warriors...will we see klay get back to old klay ever again?..i really truly believe the winner is coming out the east...aint going to be easy but if celtics stopped durant, giannis!!..tatum is officially stamped and grant williams aint a fucking bumb...all about getting hot at right time defense leaving everything out there...celtics new coach record after the all starbreak should also be known
...just rambling

Luka is cold blooded ..
Different breed indeed...talks mad shit tho see if stays emotionally tight and just goes to work...quiet is class ..i feel like luka is always complaining out there?...could play a role late in games with luka and turnovers if he doesnt go 10-14 from three and hits free throws...

They aren’t contenders. Pretenders who win a lot of regular season games. I refuse to believe James Jones is some scholar and he lucked into this overrated roster. Bridges is probably their best piece honestly. I don’t have Booker or Ayton as a top 15 guy in todays league. Ayton is basically worthless and it showed over and over.

Insert any bad team. And they are closer to a ring than this team. Monte isn’t a great coach, Paul is old, etc etc. what the Mavs are building is sustainable and they have a ton of flexibility. Basically the 76ers of the West.

They went to the finals last year! Ya’ll have some short memories! I been trying to say Mavs were good! They had the best player in that series which often enough. I think mavs a better version of the old bron Cavs teams that went to finals and got smashed a lot. The way they lost gm 7 makes them hard to defend, I don’t really understand how they went 7 games and pretty much none of them were close? That makes suns a little tougher to defend but they were in the finals last year and had best record this year so it kinda crazy to pretend now they not legit contenders!

Last edited:
fair to say Jason kidd has become one the better coaches in the league? Think he doing a remarkable job w this team. I really think Dallas matches up well w dubs, they have the guys to not only guard Steph, klay, and Poole but make it tough for them. Steph has not shot it well in some time, outside gm6 klay wasn’t very good last series. Poole seems to shrink the deeper a series goes, I assume teams either figure him out or just come to realize they have to pay more attention to him after he goes off a few times! Dallas has guys w length and athletic enough to smoother those guys I think.

Dallas has the personal to match up with dubs “death lineup”. Actually think it suites mavs pretty well to play smaller.

No, he just has Luka and nobody else does

Lol. I mean Phil gets a lot of love and he had Jordan then kobe and shaq. The way he has the entire team playing defense is more what I’m talking bout, obviously luka make offense a lot easier.

No GP or they’d win in 5. That’s how important he was. Can Green guard Luka? I don’t know. Klay can’t and Steph and Poole certainly can’t.

They went to the finals last year! Ya’ll have some short memories! I been trying to say Mavs were good! They had the best player in that series which often enough. I think mavs a better version of the old bron Cavs teams that went to finals and got smashed a lot. The way they lost gm 7 makes them hard to defend, I don’t really understand how they went 7 games and pretty much none of them were close? That makes suns a little tougher to defend but they were in the finals last year and had best record this year so it kinda crazy to pretend now they not legit contenders!

Who did they beat though to get there? Feel like entire conference was down. They should have lost to the Clippers! Who were a play in team this year.

The team isn’t going to improve this summer. They had their chance. Sell Cliff to the Lakers for future considerations…

No GP or they’d win in 5. That’s how important he was. Can Green guard Luka? I don’t know. Klay can’t and Steph and Poole certainly can’t.

I think he matters but you making a statement that pretty much impossible to dispute since we will never know, lol. I don’t think a role player ever changes a entire series that much!

I dunno how effective Draymond will be guarding him? I think it a problem for them if he has to all the time, who gonna rebound if Draymond dealing w luka?

Who did they beat though to get there? Feel like entire conference was down. They should have lost to the Clippers! Who were a play in team this year.

The team isn’t going to improve this summer. They had their chance. Sell Cliff to the Lakers for future considerations…

Regardless who they beat they still went to finals! It pretty crazy to suggest a team frauds or not contenders after they were in a finals! “Shoulda lost”? They didn’t and what seed a team was doesn’t matter much these days since most teams don’t care about regular season anymore, especially clippers who were clearly better than a typical 8 seed. They might struggle going forward, I don’t know. It doesn’t change the fact they were legit contenders the last 2 years, the reason everyone blasting them is cause they were heavily favored to be playing dubs in wcf, it not really fair to be revisionist about them now cause they lost.

I think he matters but you making a statement that pretty much impossible to dispute since we will never know, lol. I don’t think a role player ever changes a entire series that much!

I dunno how effective Draymond will be guarding him? I think it a problem for them if he has to all the time, who gonna rebound if Draymond dealing w luka?

I feel like without him they have nothing to limit Luka. GP is just as good as Smart without the notoriety on defense. If Mavs keep shooting well no one can stop them. Certainly not Dubz and their defense right now. The C’s in my opinion would do a good job at cutting off this attack but that’s next round!

The one issue is since Luka doesn't play any defense does he get 80 dropped on him by Steph or Klay one of these games?

I feel like without him they have nothing to limit Luka. GP is just as good as Smart without the notoriety on defense. If Mavs keep shooting well no one can stop them. Certainly not Dubz and their defense right now. The C’s in my opinion would do a good job at cutting off this attack but that’s next round!

Yea I don’t think they match up real well with Boston if it came to that, probably not Miami either really, they both have lot of dudes they can throw at luka and rim protection if he gets into the lane (which he pretty much does on anybody!): Don’t think dubs have the dudes to make it tough on him, it have to be a total team effort and yea that where the shooting from the others comes in. They have a ton of guys that any given night can knock down open looks. Don’t think mavs d gets enough credit, that why I thought they had a shot last series. They gonna regret not having a rim protector against the east teams, not so much this series.

Yea I don’t think they match up real well with Boston if it came to that, probably not Miami either really, they both have lot of dudes they can throw at luka and rim protection if he gets into the lane (which he pretty much does on anybody!): Don’t think dubs have the dudes to make it tough on him, it have to be a total team effort and yea that where the shooting from the others comes in. They have a ton of guys that any given night can knock down open looks. Don’t think mavs d gets enough credit, that why I thought they had a shot last series. They gonna regret not having a rim protector against the east teams, not so much this series.

Defense is unreal. They’re in the right place every possession.

Look at all the talent the Nets have let walk for what is now just Ben Simmons!

Dimwittie
Allen
LaVert

Allen the one they should really regret. They be super tough with him at center..I actually thought they did pretty good for what they got for harden bitch ass but who knows if Simmons ever decides he wants to play? He would be a good fit if they could get him to be the guy he was when he came into league.

Luka is cold blooded ..
Different breed indeed...talks mad shit tho see if stays emotionally tight and just goes to work...quiet is class ..i feel like luka is always complaining out there?...could play a role late in games with luka and turnovers if he doesnt go 10-14 from three and hits free throws...

Dude honed his craft as a kid in the Euro-Leagues against grown ass men while fires, flares and fireworks were going off in the stands.

Hostile environments in the league mean nothing to this kid.

There is none on the Dubs that can guard Luka.

This is gonna be a really fun series.

The price is ridiculous, Mavs the better team.

Dubs the weakest team of the 4 left.

Have Game 1 lined as Dubs -2 but Dallas as a -1 game series favorite

Mavs +5 Game 1 seems quite intriguing, maybe a 5.5 will pop since the 5 is juiced already, gonna wait and see.
Extra day of rest helps as well here.

If this was a 48 hooray turnaround I'd have a completely different take on Game 1.

Last edited:
Assuming Mavs find a way to mask Luka on D,

If so they're good. But I only watch playoffs

Luka played good enough defense after suns picked on him gm2, something changed after that. He not ever gonna be accused of being a great defender but he can be good enough, I’d think just have him on green this series? He big enough and not like Draymond is gonna be able to exploit him.

Mavs +5 Game 1 seems quite intriguing, maybe a 5.5 will pop since the 5 is juiced already, gonna wait and see.

Are the points actually gonna matter this series? Surely we get some closer games!! Every time I get greedy and try to play ml opposed to points the dog ends up losing by a bucket, lol. I really want to play mavs ml and play it again in gm2 if they don’t win the 1st but not sure if that a good strategy with them since they so good at home? they proved last series they can drop the 1st 2 on road and still win, certainly wouldn’t shock me if they dropped the 1st 2 again that they could go back home and tie it 2-2. Im
With you tho, I def lean to playing mavs with or without the points.

There is none on the Dubs that can guard Luka.

This is gonna be a really fun series.

The price is ridiculous, Mavs the better team.

Dubs the weakest team of the 4 left.

Have Game 1 lined as Dubs -2 but Dallas as a -1 game series favorite

Wow. Glad to hear we agree!

No one can guard Luka but GSW isn’t gonna fold like the Suns

So if mavs win this series can wr give them credit or will dubs then be chokers? Suns didn’t fold on their own, mavs applied pressure. I think it could be argued dubs the biggest front runners in the NBA, what happens when mavs impose their will a bit? I think grizz lead for more of the last series than dubs did! I don’t think they can count on roaring back against a luka lead team. He will continue scoring late in games, you can’t have that to come back like they were doing on grizz.

with how good mavs are at home I think there immense pressure on dubs to hold home court thru the 1st 2 games!

Back