Way Early Super Bowl Matchup Guesses.

Thought about this a bunch this week. If the niners stay injury free they are in it.

I put a future in for buffalo at +1800 this week.
I think the oc change has been a big difference and they've always played solid defense. I think they go on a run to end the season and get to the SB. They've got the experience and when Allen is on, there are maybe 2 qbs better than him. Mahomes and Joe cool. He can win you a game on his own. If he plays within himself they can do it.

Buffalo vs. Niners

Buffalo wins it all.

Purdy will have to make plays to win the finale, and I don't think he will. I also think one of the skill players will be hurt.

Thought about this a bunch this week. If the niners stay injury free they are in it.

I think the oc change has been a big difference and they've always played solid defense. I think they go on a run to end the season and get to the SB. They've got the experience and when Allen is on, there are maybe 2 qbs better than him. Mahomes and Joe cool. He can win you a game on his own. If he plays within himself they can do it.

Buffalo vs. Niners

Buffalo wins it all.

Purdy will have to make plays to win the finale, and I don't think he will. I also think one of the skill players will be hurt.

Think Bills are as live as anyone in AFC with Allen and the weapons on O. The reason it's not more live than the rest is the defense is lacking with no pass rush and missing Milano and White.

But 18-1 is good odds. I think this will go down to 9-1 if they win as small favs this week.

9ers can afford 1 injury but not 2 to CMAC, Kittle, Debo, Aiyuk, and Trent on O. Obviously can't lose BCB.

Last edited:
Think Bills are as live as anyone in AFC with Allen and the weapons on O. The reason it's not more live than the rest is the defense is lacking with no pass rush and missing Milano and White.

But 18-1 is good odds. I think this will go down to 9-1 if they win as small favs this week.

9ers can afford 1 injury but not 2 to CMAC, Kittle, Debo, Aiyuk, and Trent on O. Obviously can't lose BCB.

I think the defense is more capable than people think. Especially as we get near the playoffs. Milano and White are definitely key losses, but they've had to adapt to not having either since basically game 3. I think that KC win was huge. Imo the price is low because they will probably be playing all road games in playoffs, and it's not a guarantee they are in. Those two guys a part of it too...and just their early/middle season inconsistency. This year they finish strong imo. And I'm no McDermott fan by any means but a huge Brady fan.

Buffalo vs. Niners

Buffalo wins it all.

The AFC is SO wide open. There are literally at least 8 teams you could make an argument for winning the conference. Maybe 9.
In the NFC there are literally 3

The AFC is SO wide open. There are literally at least 8 teams you could make an argument for winning the conference. Maybe 9.
In the NFC there are literally 3
I think AFC is clear Baltimore then the rest at this point

I don’t know. They are somewhat inconsistent and injury prone. They’re currently my pick, but definitely not a slam dunk
Every AFC "contender" is so flawed I simply think this team's flaws are way less likely to be exploited in the post season. It's nothing more than that.

After week 15 sticking with 9ers v Ravens.

Closely keeping an eye on Buffalo, Dallas , Philly, KC

I feel like in reality there 5 teams (barring crazy injuries). Niners/Philly a foregone conclusion in the nfc imo, I’ll stick with my belief dalllas has no freaking chance. Afc I do think bills new found rushing attack puts them much closer to ravens and a vulnerable kc team. Those kc wr’s inability to catch is gonna end up costing them at the wrong time.

Berman Bowl.

Purdy now -175 to win MVP. Seems like a lock, but if he struggles vs. BAL to Lamar he could lose it to him, so might not be worth it.

Debating depositing $1k into ESPN to get a match and basically get +210 on it... would have to drive to Mass to make the wager lol. @2daBank STYLE!!

And defense. Their defense has holes.

Where? Run defense? It was #1 in the league in YPG before yesterday. It's been run on at times... but it's a hole better than 30 or so teams. Definitely the weakest as the secondary with Ward/Thomas is now an elite unit. Obviously, best LBs by a wide margin.

The thing about the 9ers is there isn't that uncertainty in the NFC. The Cowboys simply can't beat them in SF. Detroit, specifically Goof, has no chance to beat them. It really comes down to Philly and we've seen what happens when the 9ers have a QB who can complete a forward pass. Rams perhaps the best chance to knock them off as a 10+ point dog? We'll see in 2 weeks - big match up. But really only one team in Philly has any shot to beat them in the NFC.

I still think Dallas is fugazi, maybe they will prove me wrong when they play Philly but until they come up against a physical team and hold their own I just can’t buy them. Of course they looked great vs the rams who often abandon any kind of run game. That defense just doesn’t look the same when a physical team punches them in the mouth.
Cook just ran for another first down.....

If Andrews doesn't come back I don't see them winning 1 playoff game.
Likely is sufficient enough for them to discount any idea of bringing in Ertz. Definitely a drop off from Andrews but I think they're fairly deep at TE and it isn't so big that they're losing a 1st round game (or 2nd if they get home field)

Where? Run defense? It was #1 in the league in YPG before yesterday. It's been run on at times... but it's a hole better than 30 or so teams. Definitely the weakest as the secondary with Ward/Thomas is now an elite unit. Obviously, best LBs by a wide margin.

They have a penchant for giving up the big play. It's nowhere close to the last couple years defense imo.

They have a penchant for giving up the big play. It's nowhere close to the last couple years defense imo.

This is pretty spot on. Was horrific last couple years with bad secondary play. I think tufunga injury helps them avoid big pass plays over the top, but they’re just not as physical against the run.

Likely is sufficient enough for them to discount any idea of bringing in Ertz. Definitely a drop off from Andrews but I think they're fairly deep at TE and it isn't so big that they're losing a 1st round game (or 2nd if they get home field)

Just feel like if they draw Buffalo in a chilly day in Balty they should be dogged.

Just feel like if they draw Buffalo in a chilly day in Balty they should be dogged.
I get that but I'm still in the camp that I need to see a bit more consistency out of the Bills both offensively and defensively. It's hard to put much weight into yesterday for me, home crowd geeked up for a game of the year type atmosphere and Dallas did kinda as expected. I put the Ravens, Chiefs and Fish quite ahead of Buffalo still.

Lamar running makes up for Andrews. Tight end is just an extension of the run game imo. But in the NFL elite tight end teams seem to ALWAYS go deep. Lions are sneaky with Laporta but I still kind of have them in the Dallas territory...too inconsistent.

I’ll take all the plus you wanna give me please :).

I do think it be a good game but I’ll take the team built on physicality and a little plus money over the team who just starting to figure it out! Plus push come to shove I think I trust lamar in the red zone more than allen.

I’ll take all the plus you wanna give me please :).

I do think it be a good game but I’ll take the team built on physicality and a little plus money over the team who just starting to figure it out! Plus push come to shove I think I trust lamar in the red zone more than allen.

Buffalo has always been physical, just haven't had a good play caller since Daboll. But now they do and dangerous.

Likely is a baller man, prob 90% Andrews. Bummed they lost Mitchell, he was so electric and they don't have anyone else that can give that explosiveness at the skill positions

Jfc, they lost Mitchell now? Wtf is it with ravens and running backs? Seems like they start with 3-4 solid options every year and by now Edwards only guy left!!! Think Likely is different than Andrews but love the skills he has, Likely along w the 3 wrs they have this year losing Andrews really wasn’t end the world. There no way ravens can find yet another back who can soften this blow as much likely does Andrews! Can they?!?!(??

Jfc, they lost Mitchell now? Wtf is it with ravens and running backs? Seems like they start with 3-4 solid options every year and by now Edwards only guy left!!! Think Likely is different than Andrews but love the skills he has, Likely along w the 3 wrs they have this year losing Andrews really wasn’t end the world. There no way ravens can find yet another back who can soften this blow as much likely does Andrews! Can they?!?!(??

It’s a huge loss against the 9ers in a week, too. Mitchell could have been the reason they won with big runs. Edwards can’t give them the same edge. Imagine Ravens being a very public dog at +5.5, too.

It’s a huge loss against the 9ers in a week, too. Mitchell could have been the reason they won with big runs. Edwards can’t give them the same edge. Imagine Ravens being a very public dog at +5.5, too.

Crazy how many running backs they seem to go thru every year! Even if it is a big loss there still no damn way I’d lay -5.5 against them, and I love the niners so you might be right. Havnt niners been known to struggle with mobile qb’s? I dunno if that real or just something in my head? Lol

Crazy how many running backs they seem to go thru every year! Even if it is a big loss there still no damn way I’d lay -5.5 against them, and I love the niners so you might be right. Havnt niners been known to struggle with mobile qb’s? I dunno if that real or just something in my head? Lol

Murray in particular but they’ve solved the equation last few times out.

I think the gameplan vs Hurts where they don’t blitz to sack but to contain will be the same here. If McVay can drop 30+ on the road then Kyle can do the same. 9ers weakness is high IQ quick release guys like Burrow and Cousins now. Long release wait and see guys like Dak, Hurts, and a then 100% healthy TLaw get murked. Not sure where Lamar lies but I’d lean towards the ladder.

Murray in particular but they’ve solved the equation last few times out.

I think the gameplan vs Hurts where they don’t blitz to sack but to contain will be the same here. If McVay can drop 30+ on the road then Kyle can do the same. 9ers weakness is high IQ quick release guys like Burrow and Cousins now. Long release wait and see guys like Dak, Hurts, and a then 100% healthy TLaw get murked. Not sure where Lamar lies but I’d lean towards the ladder.

I think Lamar resides in a universe the other best mobile qb’s in the world can only dream about living on for real, he a more polished qb and probably more athletic Vick! Defending these other cats like comparing apples to Ferrari’s, he really is that much different imo.

Murray has all kinds of issues that have more to do with wearing goofy fruitcake looking half shirts and needing more time away from film study to play freaking video games that hold him back.

Was reading thru the thread. Seems as if you have a consistent and solid opinion since late September

Crap. I broke my own rule by not duplicating a pick someone else made. Yep. @RetroRetrovk @RetroVK has been on SF Balty before me. Great all. Looking more and more like it’s that.

Just to have something different. Give me 9ers vs Buffalo

Crap. I broke my own rule by not duplicating a pick someone else made. Yep. @RetroRetrovk @RetroVK has been on SF Balty before me. Great all. Looking more and more like it’s that.

Just to have something different. Give me 9ers vs Buffalo

Buffalo misses Dorsey. The chains on Allen are killing this offense. Less (lucky really) mistakes but Allen's #s are pathetic last couple of weeks and they can't run the ball.

But I think they can play in the cold with anyone.

Buffalo misses Dorsey. The chains on Allen are killing this offense. Less (lucky really) mistakes but Allen's #s are pathetic last couple of weeks and they can't run the ball.

Yeah. Just picking someone other than Balty. I think it’s a pretty clear Balty vs SF Superbowl

7th in the league in rush yards per game & 8th in YPC.

Yeah. Just picking someone other than Balty. I think it’s a pretty clear Balty vs SF Superbowl

SF basically with 3 weeks to prepare for a rematch with Philly... if somehow Bucs win, well, they've played them @ home and should handle them.

Would be cheering for Dallas over Detroit - as Dallas/Dak can't beat SF.

-110 to win the NFC seems okay, but injuries could happen and Dallas for some reason is always dogged by no more than a FG.

SF vs. Chiefs.

Back