Way Early Super Bowl Matchup Guesses.

I had planned on adding something tomorrow.

With that being said, I'll head to futures thread.

I'll stick with Niners in NFC but my Bengals creeping up in AFC.

Bottom line, I said Bills awhile back but simply won't happen with that coach.

Eagles rough schedule could be perfect and have them playoff hardened.

Feel like it them or niners assuming both healthy. Your boys could get to that level, ways to go but I see the potential. Don’t think anyone else has a chance in hell in nfc.

I’m ready to crown fish if Tua can last the season!

I would love to see either of these match ups in the Super Bowl
Eagles Phins
Niners Bengals
Cowboys Chiefs

All Fully Healthy in Vegas

I still think Dallas is fugazi, maybe they will prove me wrong when they play Philly but until they come up against a physical team and hold their own I just can’t buy them. Of course they looked great vs the rams who often abandon any kind of run game. That defense just doesn’t look the same when a physical team punches them in the mouth.

I’m sticking with my original guess

After yesterday I was very impressed with Burrow and the Bengals. He's 100% healthy.

9ers I'm not worried about as they always play poorly before their mid-season bye. With a healthy Trent and Debo they would likely be 7-1. Wilkes defense is lost but can only get better than this subpar form they're in. The zone worked early but Kirk and Burr picked it apart.

Big test will be Jags in 2 weeks for 9ers at home - a game they need to win convincingly.

After yesterday I was very impressed with Burrow and the Bengals. He's 100% healthy.

9ers I'm not worried about as they always play poorly before their mid-season bye. With a healthy Trent and Debo they would likely be 7-1. Wilkes defense is lost but can only get better than this subpar form they're in. The zone worked early but Kirk and Burr picked it apart.

Big test will be Jags in 2 weeks for 9ers at home - a game they need to win convincingly.
That's an early game in Jax correct?

Yep. I’d also throw in Jacksonville, Detroit, Miami and unfortunately Dallas. I don’t see anyone outside these teams winning it all.

Maybe they will make me look dumb one these years but I don’t believe Dallas has any chance. Until they prove to me they can handle playing the physical teams I can’t buy it. Sure they look great against teams like the rams who drop back and throw 50x. Wjen a good oline punches them in the mouth and runs down their throats they show time and again they don’t belong in that class.

Sticking with Cincy vs San Fran. I’m still not impressed with Baltimore. I saw them lose in person to the Steelers. I’d like to see them go up against one of the other AFC big boys.

Chiefs vs Eagles

Chiefs defense better then bengals and baltimore and mahomes will get the o figured out

Eagles are working out red zone kinks and playcalling issues

Sticking with Cincy vs San Fran. I’m still not impressed with Baltimore. I saw them lose in person to the Steelers. I’d like to see them go up against one of the other AFC big boys.

Yeah the ravens have a turnover problem still, and it will show up in the big games.

Chiefs vs Eagles

Chiefs defense better then bengals and baltimore and mahomes will get the o figured out

Eagles are working out red zone kinks and playcalling issues

Yeah, I don't think anyone is close to Philly right now in the NFC...they have the best oline and can either score quick or slow on you. If it's 3rd and less than 4 for their offense, forget about it, they are getting that first down, especially inside the opponent 50. As of now the Bengals look like the hot team in the AFC...but agree KC D is what sets them apart.

I'm still riding with the Lions and Browns though.

Yeah, I don't think anyone is close to Philly right now in the NFC...they have the best oline and can either score quick or slow on you. If it's 3rd and less than 4 for their offense, forget about it, they are getting that first down, especially inside the opponent 50. As of now the Bengals look like the hot team in the AFC...but agree KC D is what sets them apart.

Love it. That Browns D is nasty. They just need Dessage Watsinmypants to keep his head on straight.

You think kc d will be better than cincy’s by end the year? Bungals lost sone important pieces but I think really highly of their DC and just the way they looked this past week compared to beginning the season Im fairly confident they will continue to get better. They might not have some the higher end talent but he schemes about as well as anyone and makes the sum greater than the parts.,

Kc d is def the driving force for them as you gotta got them blocked up front and spags no slouch either. Just not sure kc offense will be all that hard for the better defenses to defend without anyone on the outside who can win one on one consistently. I was high on Rice coming into the year but he is a rookie, he has yet to give them consistent #1 type efforts, I don’t see anyone else who can fill that role since we know Toney won’t be out there when it matters most!

Browns d is fantastic but there no way i trust Watson when the chips are down. I will say for the 1st time since playing again the week before he got hurt I actually saw glimpses of the guy he was in Houston, precious to that he had looked to me like he was never getting it back. Of course he gets hurt and misses some games soon as he started showing promise! Lol. Im just not sure giving a scumbag like him the 1st fully guaranteed contract will ever work out!! He has no incentive to ever put in the work, and don’t think he cared enough to just do it out of drive to be the best. Not exactly a high character guy! Lol. That d is fantastic tho! Just not sure you can win a SB w just d anymore?

Nfc was always destined to be Philly/niners with hopefully both qb’s healthy. The niners little slide right now doesn’t worry me in the slightest, I still think they right with eagles as far and away the best in the nfl. Dallas continues to be fugazi and It baffles me every time they whip up some garbage team ppl believe in them! They simple ain’t as talented and not built to handle the physicality the eagles and niners play w so they have 0 chance, 0, I’d happily eat every Dallas SB ticket I could! I thought maybe last week in a game that was vastly more important to them than Philly they could potentially do it then, I actually wanted them to so come playoff time all the crazies who thinks they can possibly beat Philly or niners will give us a slam dunk line of -3 or less despite both teams easily being a td better than cowboys couod ever be on their best day!

Starting to feel to me like the exact same afc and nfc champ games as last year, kc/cincy and phi/niners. Phi/niners is all but a lock baring injury, I guess I wanna say maybe lions can crash the party, it wouldn’t shock me if lions caught one of them.

I thought maybe fish could crash the afc party but they keep losing to the top teams, I don’t think that a huge deal far as their chances to beat good teams later I just think mismi has to have home field to have any chance!! No way is Tua and this offense going to kc, Cincy, Buffalo in the dead of winter and winning a game!

I totally forget who the hell I picked earlier but think I might have picked Ravens and if so im happy to stick with that!! It such a bummer how they can never keep running backs healthy but they seem to have these guys who start the season 4th5th on depth chart who staring by now, they do a fine job for what they are but sure be nice if this team ever had their top backs available!! Not sure they need them cause lamar is back to being the hardest player in fb to stop, I like the new offense much better with actual nfl route concepts being run. And speaking of d are we sure browns d is better than ravens? They have held lions and Seattle to less than 10 points combined!! I guess we find out this week!!! Think I’ll be laying the -6 w ravens who I think been a fantastic home fav under Harbaugh most the time he been there!

You think kc d will be better than cincy’s by end the year? Bungals lost sone important pieces but I think really highly of their DC and just the way they looked this past week compared to beginning the season Im fairly confident they will continue to get better. They might not have some the higher end talent but he schemes about as well as anyone and makes the sum greater than the parts.,

Kc d is def the driving force for them as you gotta got them blocked up front and spags no slouch either. Just not sure kc offense will be all that hard for the better defenses to defend without anyone on the outside who can win one on one consistently. I was high on Rice coming into the year but he is a rookie, he has yet to give them consistent #1 type efforts, I don’t see anyone else who can fill that role since we know Toney won’t be out there when it matters most!

Browns d is fantastic but there no way i trust Watson when the chips are down. I will say for the 1st time since playing again the week before he got hurt I actually saw glimpses of the guy he was in Houston, precious to that he had looked to me like he was never getting it back. Of course he gets hurt and misses some games soon as he started showing promise! Lol. Im just not sure giving a scumbag like him the 1st fully guaranteed contract will ever work out!! He has no incentive to ever put in the work, and don’t think he cared enough to just do it out of drive to be the best. Not exactly a high character guy! Lol. That d is fantastic tho! Just not sure you can win a SB w just d anymore?

Nfc was always destined to be Philly/niners with hopefully both qb’s healthy. The niners little slide right now doesn’t worry me in the slightest, I still think they right with eagles as far and away the best in the nfl. Dallas continues to be fugazi and It baffles me every time they whip up some garbage team ppl believe in them! They simple ain’t as talented and not built to handle the physicality the eagles and niners play w so they have 0 chance, 0, I’d happily eat every Dallas SB ticket I could! I thought maybe last week in a game that was vastly more important to them than Philly they could potentially do it then, I actually wanted them to so come playoff time all the crazies who thinks they can possibly beat Philly or niners will give us a slam dunk line of -3 or less despite both teams easily being a td better than cowboys couod ever be on their best day!

Starting to feel to me like the exact same afc and nfc champ games as last year, kc/cincy and phi/niners. Phi/niners is all but a lock baring injury, I guess I wanna say maybe lions can crash the party, it wouldn’t shock me if lions caught one of them.

I thought maybe fish could crash the afc party but they keep losing to the top teams, I don’t think that a huge deal far as their chances to beat good teams later I just think mismi has to have home field to have any chance!! No way is Tua and this offense going to kc, Cincy, Buffalo in the dead of winter and winning a game!

I totally forget who the hell I picked earlier but think I might have picked Ravens and if so im happy to stick with that!! It such a bummer how they can never keep running backs healthy but they seem to have these guys who start the season 4th5th on depth chart who staring by now, they do a fine job for what they are but sure be nice if this team ever had their top backs available!! Not sure they need them cause lamar is back to being the hardest player in fb to stop, I like the new offense much better with actual nfl route concepts being run. And speaking of d are we sure browns d is better than ravens? They have held lions and Seattle to less than 10 points combined!! I guess we find out this week!!! Think I’ll be laying the -6 w ravens who I think been a fantastic home fav under Harbaugh most the time he been there!
Good thoughts.

I guess my disagreement is with respect to the Cowboys. While I agree they find a way to lose to the better teams, I think they are more than equipped to beat the Eagles. On the road they outgained them 406 to 292, averaged 0.9 more yards per play, and held the eagles to 109 yards rushing (which probably means under 100 yards when not counting the tush push plays). They had 7 more first downs than the eagles. I understand they were behind most of the game and that some of that discrepancy is because of that fact, but I don't see why they can't hang and beat the Eagles in that building (where they would be playing in the playoffs) when they just did that. Not saying they are better than the Eagles but they are definitely not outmatched. My boys are cowboy fans so I have watched every game except the Cardinals this year (thankfully) and they have looked pretty good to me. Defense has struggled a little more with Diggs absence and with teams figuring out ways to neutralize Parsons with chipping and so forth, but I think they will be very competitive come playoff time. The line if Dallas goes to Niners or Philly will not be -3 or lower so I doubt you get your wish there. Dec 10 will be interesting and I think the cowboys will win, as they should have in the last game.

I will go with Ravens and Niners ... that has been my pick from the beginning I believe and will stick with it until I see reason not to. Biggest worry is Purdy for Niners and Harbaugh for Ravens.

Agree with all of this except Dallas is better than Philly. They outclassed them badly on Sunday and I think Philly can’t be trusted to make the same decisions they’ve made in the past with both coordinators gone. They threw a prayer bomb on third trying to salt the game away.

With that said Dallas will never be able to beat SF. And like you said the 9ers being 5-3 into the bye is better than last year. I’d be shocked if they drop more than a game in these final 9.

KC offense is too limited I agree and that defense is playing well but Joe B will carve it up.

got me thinking, someone tell me why the vikings can't come out of the NFC ?....with longshot odds......consensus is NFC is all fools gold this year, ....vikings now have a run threat at qb i can see them running table to end the year

why is 49ers d going to magically get better again ? they've never had this under shanahan and i don't see how chase young helps, they aready had one of best dlines and lb cores in football and the dc has took them from best d in football to bottom 10.

AFC imo is ravens/chiefs/miami.........bengals can't run or stop the run. that doesn't win. 54 yards on bills. only team they ran on all year was 49ers. If chiefs star studded oline figures how to run the ball they get it. i don't know why with that caliber of talent on the oline they can't run the ball. It all comes down to who can run the ball imo. so ravens hold the edge as of now on second thought.

Good thoughts.

I guess my disagreement is with respect to the Cowboys. While I agree they find a way to lose to the better teams, I think they are more than equipped to beat the Eagles. On the road they outgained them 406 to 292, averaged 0.9 more yards per play, and held the eagles to 109 yards rushing (which probably means under 100 yards when not counting the tush push plays). They had 7 more first downs than the eagles. I understand they were behind most of the game and that some of that discrepancy is because of that fact, but I don't see why they can't hang and beat the Eagles in that building (where they would be playing in the playoffs) when they just did that. Not saying they are better than the Eagles but they are definitely not outmatched. My boys are cowboy fans so I have watched every game except the Cardinals this year (thankfully) and they have looked pretty good to me. Defense has struggled a little more with Diggs absence and with teams figuring out ways to neutralize Parsons with chipping and so forth, but I think they will be very competitive come playoff time. The line if Dallas goes to Niners or Philly will not be -3 or lower so I doubt you get your wish there. Dec 10 will be interesting and I think the cowboys will win, as they should have in the last game.

I will go with Ravens and Niners ... that has been my pick from the beginning I believe and will stick with it until I see reason not to. Biggest worry is Purdy for Niners and Harbaugh for Ravens.

Everything you said bout that game in Philly the other night spot on! I guess where we differ is the fact they still lost that game, not only lost but basically lost by margin as they were down double digits going into the 4th!

I know I’m a bit goofy but hear me out here, I didn’t even bet Philly that game even tho I seriously thought the line was so so wrong! I said if that woulda been a playoff game in Philly and they were only -3 I’d have bet at least 1 mortgage payment! Reason I wasn’t interested this time was I felt this game was massive for Dallas, Philly coulda lost that game and not lost a minute of sleep imo, I def don’t think it would have hurt ther confidence level going forward, actually think it might have made them tougher next time. The way it happened to play out getting the win but still giving the coach all kinds of talking points/ things to hammer his team about in film sessions and practices! Coaches love those kinds is wins! If Serianni (I have no damn clue how to. Spell his name!) was being honest I bet he thrilled, couldn’t have drawn how it went any better! Lol.

Now to the Dallas side, I believe more than any other sport a far less talented team can accomplish a lot simply w drive and determination. It’s prob why football was my favorite sport as a kid! The fact I could be so impactful despite being slow, chunky, and years away from learning how to transform into a straight up monster! (lol, sadly that came way to late so missed any real chance to do anything w it, and keeping it into my 40s was way to much work, I didn’t care enough to work out and eat the way I had to for all that! Lol). Anyways point being, I was scared to play Philly despite thinking that line shookda been closer to a td cause I really thought Dallas needed to win this game as they enter the playoffs every year not looking like a team who believes they can win it all. As you pointed out they come out and play their arses off! Totally dominate every facet of the game, Dak plays about as well as you can ever expect him to! As in good luck ever getting that Dak in a big game!! They were able to nullify the Philly rush attack (i thought gainwell shoulda got more touches, I like swift and all but I think he a lot like pollard in the sense he a back I’d prefer a complimentary rb taking some snaps. For me it was basically the best Dallas could do in a spot Philly didn’t play close to as desperate imo and Dallas still couldn’t get it done?!!????? Maybe im crazy but I think that was about the worst possible thing that could have happened!! I also think they made a huge mistake deciding was a feature back! Not saying I knew that ahead of time but I’ve seen enough to say he not only isn’t capable in that roll but it takes away from all the things he used to give them as the change of pace? I just don’t see a world where they meet in playoffs and Philly or niners don’t do the same thing that always happens and physically whip them, play a clean game while all Dallas traits of a poorly coached team come out, mistakes, penalties and the most obvious they are just not as mentally or physically tough as those teams. Quite honestly I think by the end the year lions will have passed Dallas as the only team I think can invade the Philly/niners stronghold cause the lions have all the traits Dallas is lacking!

got me thinking, someone tell me why the vikings can't come out of the NFC ?....with longshot odds......consensus is NFC is all fools gold this year, ....vikings now have a run threat at qb i can see them running table to end the year

why is 49ers d going to magically get better again ? they've never had this under shanahan and i don't see how chase young helps, they aready had one of best dlines and lb cores in football and the dc has took them from best d in football to bottom 10.

AFC imo is ravens/chiefs/miami.........bengals can't run or stop the run. that doesn't win. 54 yards on bills. only team they ran on all year was 49ers. If chiefs star studded oline figures how to run the ball they get it. i don't know why with that caliber of talent on the oline they can't run the ball. It all comes down to who can run the ball imo. so ravens hold the edge as of now on second thought.

Vikings have 0% chance. Dobbs is a great story but he doesn’t make NFL throws.

9ers will be just fine and yes they needed someone with a pulse opposite Bosa. They literally needed him more than anyone. Wilkes has been atrocious but they’ll make adjustments. This team won 15 regular season games in a row off their bye last season. No reason to suggest it won’t happen again.

Vikings have 0% chance. Dobbs is a great story but he doesn’t make NFL throws.

9ers will be just fine and yes they needed someone with a pulse opposite Bosa. They literally needed him more than anyone. Wilkes has been atrocious but they’ll make adjustments. This team won 15 regular season games in a row off their bye last season. No reason to suggest it won’t happen again.

I feel like niners go on these little skids at just the right time every year it gets the front office go to out and make a great move! They woulda been just fine without young but damn. Dude was a #1 pick! Assuming they get and stay healthy they just made another huge move, they way shanny scripts early tds then nobody gonna want to have to play from behind on these guys!

Far as Vikings I hate to say 0 chance. I honestly think Dobbs gives them more a chance they ever had with cousins, considering his penchant for folding under pressure in big games I’d been ok saying they had 0 chances w him playin! Now I’ll go like 4% maybe? Lol. I think they can absolutely make the playoffs w him, we seen worse teams get in and be hot at right time! The thing bout Vikings that rarely gets talked bout, they hired Brian Flores as dc and I think they have been getting better and better every week. I seriously didn’t even know they made that hire and as d started the season looking like same trash they been so didn’t give it any thought but I heard few weeks ago he was the DC and they appear to be rapidly getting better which I’d expect to continue as I think he one the better Dc’s in the league! Now ya throw Dobbs in the mix who might have some limitations but I think the kind of leader the team will rally around. Far as weapons go when Jefferson healthy they can hold their own w anyone in the league! Addison didn’t take any time to adjust to this level, Hockenson as good as any te, no arguing Jefferson is one of the best in the game! Getting rid of cook might not have been real wise but that another thing bout Dobbs, he instantly makes the rushing attack way better. So no, they prob not gonna win the NFC I think they a lot more interesting than I expected them to be , could def make playoffs and upset someone!

Lamar is winning the Mvp and SBMvp this year

I been pretty sick the last week or so (starting to feel better), so I didn’t really catch the browns/ravens game but I totally expected Lamar to be the difference and win that game, with browns d being legit good I thought it might be his legs, not blaming him overall for some reason ravens have this tendency to blow games they lead most the way, didn’t see this one so don’t know but he did throw 2 picks and his numbers no better than Watson’s. I expected better as before that game I woulda agreed he was mvp front runner.

Well, with Joe Cool out now, I have to get off Cincy. I’m switching to KC vs SF. SF wins it all after several drops by KC receivers…

Resigned to the fact there are 3 teams who can win it.

SF
PHI
KC

Just too many warts on the others.

BAL the closest.

Not SB but here is my predicted NFC WC games.

Detroit vs Green Bay
Atlanta vs Dallas (whoever NFC South)
San Francisco vs LA Rams.

Love to see GB and LAR flip.

I would love to see the fish get there but I see little chance for the AFC winning this year. If Lawrence comes back and plays well I would give the Jags a chance to make it as well along with KC, BAL & MIA

Back