Wave's 2014 NCAAF Season

Wave88

Pretty much a regular
Hey all,

I am mostly a hockey guy but I like to wager on other sports as well. I've read this forum for a while and really enjoy the insight. I will be posting here from time to time with my picks for the season.

First play:
UCLA to win NCAA Championship +2500 -- 5Dimes

Loved their team last year and think they have the talent and now experience to make the leap this season. With the new playoff format I think 25-1 odds is fantastic for a team that has an excellent shot of winning its conference (and making the playoff as a result).

Be back with more as the season draws near.

GLTA

Damn Wave,

Love the your name, love your location, good luck with your pick.......can't see it but GL

Where you at?

you get a chance, talk to me about that sconni lean. i'm waiting on qb's to be named, but i'm really leaning towards the tigers here.

you get a chance, talk to me about that sconni lean. i'm waiting on qb's to be named, but i'm really leaning towards the tigers here.

This is a tough one for me and it's certainly not a strong lean but I could see Wisconsin winning this game. Like most, I am waiting to see the starting QBs before pulling the trigger, but I don't see either team being much of a threat in the passing game. I saw Jennings play live in the bowl game against Iowa last season and if he gets the nod I will be all over the Badgers.

Wisconsin, per usual, boasts one of the strongest OLines in the country and IMO the best back in the land in Melvin Gordon. LSU has the superior defense but both teams will struggle to get stops as both teams pound the ball on the ground.

LSU's D is certainly superior and they will probably have a slight HFA but Badger fans travel very well, so it may not be as significant as it seems. A toss-up game with maybe a slight edge to LSU due to the stronger D, but Wisky has a great shot at taking it.

To be honest, the more I analyze this game the more I think about playing the Over. Both teams will be utilizing the ground attack but I see both scoring with relative ease.

Thoughts?

Hey all,

I am mostly a hockey guy but I like to wager on other sports as well. I've read this forum for a while and really enjoy the insight. I will be posting here from time to time with my picks for the season.

First play:
UCLA to win NCAA Championship +2500 -- 5Dimes

Loved their team last year and think they have the talent and now experience to make the leap this season. With the new playoff format I think 25-1 odds is fantastic for a team that has an excellent shot of winning its conference (and making the playoff as a result).

Be back with more as the season draws near.

GLTA

I'm critical of most long shot futures, but I actually think this is a pretty solid play.

This is a tough one for me and it's certainly not a strong lean but I could see Wisconsin winning this game. Like most, I am waiting to see the starting QBs before pulling the trigger, but I don't see either team being much of a threat in the passing game. I saw Jennings play live in the bowl game against Iowa last season and if he gets the nod I will be all over the Badgers.

Wisconsin, per usual, boasts one of the strongest OLines in the country and IMO the best back in the land in Melvin Gordon. LSU has the superior defense but both teams will struggle to get stops as both teams pound the ball on the ground.

LSU's D is certainly superior and they will probably have a slight HFA but Badger fans travel very well, so it may not be as significant as it seems. A toss-up game with maybe a slight edge to LSU due to the stronger D, but Wisky has a great shot at taking it.

To be honest, the more I analyze this game the more I think about playing the Over. Both teams will be utilizing the ground attack but I see both scoring with relative ease.

Thoughts?

agreed about the lack of a passing game here, on both sides. If stave starts, he's got one senior WR, and that dude is 5'8" and fast, but not fast enough to avoid the long, rangy, (and young), DBs that LSU is gonna have on the field.

sconnie lost all of their d linemen that were worth a damn, and LSU's O-line is gonna be good this year. older and stronger.

LSU doesn't have a recognizable name for WR, but if jennings starts, that shit won't matter. dude can't throw for shit. If harris starts, this whole thing opens up differently. i doubt Miles will let a freshman start at QB, but i'm guessing QB by committee is something he'll have up his sleeve.

The question remains, who's defense will stand up better to the pound the rock offense we all think is gonna happen? I'm not really sure, and that's why this game is so weird to me. Sconnie was horrible in red zone offense last year, ranking about 50th in short yardage plays at the goal line. that's weird as hell to me, considering their rushing attack last year was responsible for over 3500 yards and something like 35 TDs. Why were they so ineffecient last year at the goaline, and can we expect that trend to continue when you have a more mature O line?

Sconnie also has had horrible luck as far as INTs go the last two years. their pass break up to actual INT ratio was all fucked up the last two seasons in a row. is that an aberration, or are we seeing a trend? the lack of passing game might not make that stat come into question, but what really separates these two teams for me, is the unproven and young players are gonna have to step up in this game; for both teams.

who's gonna make a bigger impact--the 3 and 4 star recruits for sconnie, or the 4 and 5 star recruits for the tigers?

after the QBs get named, i expect there to be some movement here, if there isn't, i'm probably gonna sit this one out, except for the over--i'm with you there.

Updated Leans:
Wisky/LSU Over 50.5
SCAR -11
UCF +1
UGA -8
Wisky +5 -- most likely going to just play the over in this game, but I am waiting on QBs before making a final determination. If Jennings gets the start and appears to be the main guy then I will likely be playing Wisky.

No posted plays in Week 1.

I made a few plays on Sunday night, and some lines have since moved for/against me. I am mostly doing this for my own record keeping anyway.

Week 2 Plays:
Navy -4
USC +3.5 -115
MSU +13
Zona -7 +100
SCAR -14 x2
South Bama PK

GLTA

Back