• PICK CLUB WEEK #1 LINES ARE POSTED!

Washington Vs. Michigan - National Championship - Discussion

I think Texas is better than Washington so given that we want the two best teams in the championship, I think Texas should go.

Everyone is getting on Texas pass coverage and I get it by the numbers but if you watched the game the Washington QB was throwing nearly perfect passes. I think some of this was the lack of pass rush that Texas gets. In any event, Michigan will get a decent rush and being perfect will be that much harder (and I don't think he could repeat that performance anyway).

Washington run defense was pretty bad. Texas took out their collective six shooter and shot themselves in the foot repeatedly but seemed able to move the ball at near will on Washington.

11 pt win or so for Michigan is my guess.

There were so many dimes and great catches vs. Texas and Texas was still 2 fumbles and a decent pass away from winning the game.

Nothing will be as bad as Glendale last year.

Handful of ACLs there in 2022.
Need to just go to field turf

NCAA and NFL both install new grass for the big games but need the field inside to set up the special seating early so it doesn't get to dry out like it should. Last year for the SB it was brought inside on Wednesday for the Sunday game. Stupid gimic. Nice to play on grass during the season but when they have to change up the schedule for the NC or SB, the grass doesn't get the sun it should. Open roof severely limits what sun it gets compared to sitting outside all day.

Go to field turf for the big events and call it a day.

There were so many dimes and great catches vs. Texas and Texas was still 2 fumbles and a decent pass away from winning the game.
Yep. This is also a good example of why FSU should have had their opportunity even with the QB injury. The better team doesn't always win and you give kids who have earned the right the opportunity to have great moments. Washington deserved to win that football game or Texas did not deserve to win that football game. But Texas is the better football team.

I know it was terrible coaching that allowed for the injury and clock stoppage at the end but that was an insane fluke. I don't think it is completely fair to just point out the Texas blunders and not their lucky benefits. My take is that I can see Texas easily repeating their success offensively against Washington, and I just find it hard to believe that Washington could be that precise again (not because the player isn't great and the receivers aren't great college wideouts but because that was an incredible performance for any level of QB to perform).

Hopefully it is a great game.

I wonder if there has been much discussion of the very possible chance that a Harbaugh could coach a CFB and Super Bowl Champion in the same season. It probably has but I don't watch espn anymore.

As usual, we see things about the same Spek.

Maybe some value in the points, but hoping to stay away from a wager as I think the line is right.

Michigan hasn’t seen an offense anywhere close to as capable as Washington’s this season in my opinion. Milroe and McCord are mediocre at best, so I’m truly not putting much stock into those offenses, compared to what Penix can do.

The result of the game will come down to how Washington’s D performs, I believe.

GL to everyone.

Yep. This is also a good example of why FSU should have had their opportunity even with the QB injury. The better team doesn't always win and you give kids who have earned the right the opportunity to have great moments. Washington deserved to win that football game or Texas did not deserve to win that football game. But Texas is the better football team.

I know it was terrible coaching that allowed for the injury and clock stoppage at the end but that was an insane fluke. I don't think it is completely fair to just point out the Texas blunders and not their lucky benefits. My take is that I can see Texas easily repeating their success offensively against Washington, and I just find it hard to believe that Washington could be that precise again (not because the player isn't great and the receivers aren't great college wideouts but because that was an incredible performance for any level of QB to perform).

Hopefully it is a great game.

I wonder if there has been much discussion of the very possible chance that a Harbaugh could coach a CFB and Super Bowl Champion in the same season. It probably has but I don't watch espn anymore.

As usual, we see things about the same Spek.
This may be my only chance to quote a retrovk post in a college football discussion all year.

Texas is better team ? Washington had as many gaffes as Texas...downright controlled the entire game to point ppl thought it would of been a travesty if Texas won at end when uw should of been taking knees ...forced 5 punts on Texas to Washingtons 3...time of possession 36 to 23....and Washington was stopped on 4th and short or so multiple times....any breaks were not one sided

Penix is just a way better QB then ewers....and has thrown dime passes in 1 v 1 coverage all year......that game was not just lucky jump balls thst are not replicatable...Washington methodically dominated time of possession with controlled first downs and again the total punts tells which d played better imo

Even though I'm on Michigan, I've seen Penix do this all year. He is capable of having a performance like last week, he's that good imo. Best sideline passer I've ever seen in cfb.

Need to just go to field turf

NCAA and NFL both install new grass for the big games but need the field inside to set up the special seating early so it doesn't get to dry out like it should. Last year for the SB it was brought inside on Wednesday for the Sunday game. Stupid gimic. Nice to play on grass during the season but when they have to change up the schedule for the NC or SB, the grass doesn't get the sun it should. Open roof severely limits what sun it gets compared to sitting outside all day.

Go to field turf for the big events and call it a day.
Every year it seems like the championship fields are like a sheet of ice.

I’m more of an eyes guy and what I saw vs the Bama deep bowl is all I needed to see. Texas secondary isn’t close to UM. And I think both Texas and Oregon were better 3 times and should have won all of those games. I suppose UM could have critical turnover.
the B1G has a collection of the worst offenses in all of college football, and the UM non-conference sched was not any better. I'm just saying we do not know how good the Michigan secondary is other than they have Michigan across their chest which will always inflate our thoughts on that defense playing in the championship game. Jury is still out IMHO.

the B1G has a collection of the worst offenses in all of college football, and the UM non-conference sched was not any better. I'm just saying we do not know how good the Michigan secondary is other than they have Michigan across their chest which will always inflate our thoughts on that defense playing in the championship game. Jury is still out IMHO.
They played the SEC champ, held them to 20 including OT, and 7 of those were via a short field after a muff.

UNLV one of the better offenses in the country, say top 30-35, held them down till a late score.

Glad I played TTs early. These numbers are tough now.

Remember, Michigan has played "possum" most of the year. Jim does enough to secure victory on offense. They bland.

Hopefully they have a clean sheet tonight.

Washington moves between the 20s you'd think. A HUGE key in this game is how they fare on 4th. With an average at best kicker, I see them trying several 4ths.

FINAL prediction:

Michigan 33
Washington 24

Loveland O36 yards receiving. Bowers 2.0. One of my favorite CFB players.

Thinking he gets a lot of work tonight.
He should.

Saban schemed terrific against him and AJ last week.

This week, especially via play action he should eat.

Barner prop probably hits too since I layed off it.

They played the SEC champ, held them to 20 including OT, and 7 of those were via a short field after a muff.

UNLV one of the better offenses in the country, say top 30-35, held them down till a late score.
I'm no Alabama fan by a long shot, but it took a myriad of fuck ups by Alabama and OT for Michigan to overcome them on a neutral field. If Michigan can stop this passing attack, i think they'll win the game by DD's in a low-scoring affair. If they cannot, I don't believe they'll be able to score with Washington. Let's see what happens and BOL to your school!

Reactions: KJ
I'm no Alabama fan by a long shot, but it took a myriad of fuck ups by Alabama and OT for Michigan to overcome them on a neutral field. If Michigan can stop this passing attack, i think they'll win the game by DD's in a low-scoring affair. If they cannot, I don't believe they'll be able to score with Washington. Let's see what happens and BOL to your school!
You must have missed that first half last week when Mich had a myriad of fuck-ups to not be up DDs and coast in 2nd half.

Goes both ways.

As for tonight, the defense was as good as they always are.

They beat multiple styles this year, and tonight took on a bunch of future pro skill players and shut them down, mostly.

Good to see ya, happy New year.

Absolutely sold on Michigan now...elite defense goes along way with me and that was ELITE as they come....every school should be studying the schemes in ann arbor. Did not think they would dominate penix.

Absolutely sold on Michigan now...elite defense goes along way with me and that was ELITE as they come....every school should be studying the schemes in ann arbor. Did not think they would dominate penix.
Oh, the "Baltimore" defense will be the "in" thing here for awhile.

Especially if Ravens get to ship.

Welcome to the club

It took a myriad of fuck ups for bama to be in that game

Internet is going wild today.

As an LSU fan, it is cool to see people bring up 2019 and Trevor vs Burrow and all the talent on that field I will say lol.

Years like this happen. Michigan went up against all of it unblemished, so gotta give it to them

I know he's as good as gone but sucks that Harbaugh won't be around to go back and forth with whoever is at Ohio State. That's part of the unique thing of CFB.
I'm sure Day is looking forward to Harbaugh's next move but as a CFB fan I'm not.

You must have missed that first half last week when Mich had a myriad of fuck-ups to not be up DDs and coast in 2nd half.

Goes both ways.

As for tonight, the defense was as good as they always are.

They beat multiple styles this year, and tonight took on a bunch of future pro skill players and shut them down, mostly.

Good to see ya, happy New year.
Michigan were the better semi-pro team last evening, no doubt. Congrats. Must say I was deeply disappointed in Michael Penix Jr. He played scared all night and kept his semi-pro school from truly competing. He was under some pressure at times, but I wouldn't say it was excessive/gratuitous pressure.

Michigan were the better semi-pro team last evening, no doubt. Congrats. Must say I was deeply disappointed in Michael Penix Jr. He played scared all night and kept his semi-pro school from truly competing. He was under some pressure at times, but I wouldn't say it was excessive/gratuitous pressure.
Big difference between P12 defenses and a B16 defense.

The Joe Moore winning OL wasn't great and could of been called for holding all night (went both ways).

He was shaken up in the 2h man. The stats show it, his gait showed it. Everything.

I'm a big Penix guy. He was rattled at times in the 2h, after the interception.

Oh, the "Baltimore" defense will be the "in" thing here for awhile.

Especially if Ravens get to ship.
To me Michigan has the new venables Clemson defense....or a bama Georgia sec style defense

The absolute rise from the ashes of jim harbaugh is the stuff books are made of...how that man dealt with adversity is legendary.....coming off 5 consecutive osu losses....couldn't win a big bowl game....couldn't win a top 10 matchup ........to becoming the best coaching staff in America

It is literally the most impressive thing I've seen in college football....harbaugh and another one would be a first time coach green behind the ears inheriting 'clemsoning" and beating urban and saban to win it all

Back