Was Cal trying to cover by kicking that fg last night?

AliShaheed

Pretty much a regular
Down 31 with 15 sec left? I can't say that I've seen a decision like that before unless the team was trying to avoid a shutout.

I had Cal +28.5 so I got my hopes up for nothing when they couldn't even handle the snap but hell I admire Wilcox's concern for Cal backers:)

But I guess after watching that embarrassing fg attempt I might've had a better chance with them taking another shot at the end zone.

Probably.

If you are a smart coach, you cover spreads for your boosters because they are betting on you.

Was the Ole Miss HC not trying to cover by going for 2 at the end of their game?. They scored to make it a 21 pt game, they went for 2 to try and make it a 19 pt game with like a minute left?

Don't see post game comments from Wilcox. Coaches will say they are trying to work on things in real game situations. People will make of them what they will, perhaps motivated by ulterior motives, perhaps not.

cal offense hadn't scored, probably just trying to get on the board there. i had a cal ticket so was happy they at least tried.

Was the Ole Miss HC not trying to cover by going for 2 at the end of their game?. They scored to make it a 21 pt game, they went for 2 to try and make it a 19 pt game with like a minute left?

Don't see post game comments from Wilcox. Coaches will say they are trying to work on things in real game situations. People will make of them what they will, perhaps motivated by ulterior motives, perhaps not.

How many of us have said we'd buy so or so's jersey if he covered? They probably cover on purpose to try to get more fans more merchandise sold etc

Back