Wake up there's money on the table

scdoggy

Moderator (Honorary)
I see a nice opportunity today in the Grapefruit League and I'm taking a stab.

Minnesota -120 three units

Baltimore comes in with a 5-0 record, but this sport couldn't be tougher for the birds. Consider:

They beat their two biggest rivals yesterday in a day/night doubleheader in Tampa and now drive 5 hours to Ft Myer to play the Twins, who will be playing most of their starters. Jurrgens vs Hendricks - kind of a wash there. But in addition to the short turnaround today and the 3rd game in the last 24 hours for Baltimore, the Orioles called in 12 minor leaguers from their minicamp at Twin Lakes park, and many of these guys are going to see action vs the Twins regulars. If this were a regular season game, we'd see Minny favored by -250.

Good luck.

BAR, Grind - thanks fellas.

Will keep looking for spots like these and post when I see em. I'm itching to get back to making plays but don't do hoops, and probably make less than 10 NHL plays all year. April 1 can't come fast enough...

No traffic in the MLB forum yet so I'll keep plays in here. Not a lot to like today on the card but I do see a little value on the Phils today:

PHI +100 one unit

Halladay vs Kuroda today in Tampa. Not sure what Philly's lineup will look like today but its got to be at least as good as what NY is throwing out there on a daily basis. NY has been starting a slew of guys who have barely seen the light of day in the bigs. Not sure how the minus side is with them today.

Thanks Grind. Add to that the drama surrounding Cano right now, and I just threw another half unit on it.

This time price dropped

Phil -105 half unit

I had twins yesterday also (before I read your thread but your comments certainly made me feel better lol) and I grabbed philly this morning at +105. That's pretty much philly's opening day lineup with their horse on the mound vs. the Yankee B squad. If I'm a sucker, so be it.

I also grabbed Marlins small and will be on Rockies later. I don't think I've heard of practially anybody in that Brewers lineup.

[TABLE="class: tlineup"]
<tbody>[TR="class: lheader"]
[TD="colspan: 4"]
3:10pm Brewers (T. Gorzelanny - L) @ Rockies (D. Rosenbaum - L)
Gametime Forecast: 71°F • Sunny • 0%PoP
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]

[/TD]
[TD]1. Norichika Aoki (L) RF
2. Jean Segura (R) SS
3. Logan Schafer (L) LF
4. Carlos Gomez (R) CF
5. Martin Maldonado (R) C
6. Blake Lalli (L) DH
7. Jeff Bianchi (R) 2B
8. Donnie Murphy (R) 3B
9. Hunter Morris (L) 1B
[/TD]
[TD]

[/TD]
[TD]1. Eric Young (S) CF
2. Josh Rutledge (R) 2B
3. Carlos Gonzalez (L) LF
4. Troy Tulowitzki (R) SS
5. Michael Cuddyer (R) 1B
6. Wilin Rosario (R) C
7. Charlie Blackmon (L) RF
8. Chris Nelson (R) 3B
9. Henry Wrigley (R) DH
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Good looking out P. I may join you on the Rocks. I know a small handful of guys who used to rake in the cash during exhibition baseball. They always told me it was just a matter of doing your homework. Prices never get too out of control, and there are games where it is literally an MLB lineup vs. AAA. I never had the time to really put in, and enjoyed this time of year being a break from the stress of capping. But this season I've found myself with a little extra time, so I'll see what I can do with it.

P & Grind - where are you guys getting your lineups this early? Is there a centralized site that has all of them listed in one place? I'm having to search through individual team sites to get this info and there's got to be a smarter way to work.

I like the looks of that Rockies play P. I'm on it for a unit as well.

Rockies -130 one unit

doggy, I get my lineups at baseballpress.com. they are usually up a few hours before the games start.

Thanks D. YTD 3-0 + 5.5 units

Today Balt with another patchwork lineup vs. TB starters.

Rays -135 two units

YTD 4-0 +7.5 units

See a few favorable lineups today. Let's try these three:

ATL -120 two units

Boston -120 one unit

Phi -115 one unit

You are reading my mind. ATL and PHI for me. Also smallish on Cards and Tigers.

That muts lineup is a joke.

Good shit Play. Thanks for the tip on that baseballpress site. Getting those lineups a few hours early is a godsend.

you bet buddy. I stumbled on to it last year or the year before and it's been extremely helpful. You still have to track down the pitchers that are expected to throw (I think you can get at least some of that on MLB.com), but sometimes you really need to dig - and that gets to be a lot of work which I'm increasingly inclined to stop doing.

Honestly, this time of year - I tend to devalue the pitching. If a team is starting a bunch of minor leaguers, chances are they are going to make even mediocre pitching look good. Its definitely still something I look at, but don't put nearly as much stock in it as I do during the regular season games.

Quick - somebody honestly tell me if they recognize even one name in SF's lineup today...

<TBODY>[TR="class: lheader"]
[TD="colspan: 4"]3:05pm Giants (R. Vogelsong - R) @ White Sox (J. Danks - L)</SPAN>
Gametime Forecast: 72°F • Sunny • 0%PoP
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD]1. Gary Brown (R) CF
2. Joaquin Arias (R) 3B
3. Cole Gillespie (R) LF
4. Brett Pill (R) DH
5. Brandon Belt (L) 1B
6. Hector Sanchez (S) C
7. Juan Perez (R) RF
8. Kensuke Tanaka (L) SS
9. Brock Bond (S) 2B
[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD]1. Blake Tekotte (L) CF
2. Alexei Ramirez (R) SS
3. Jeff Keppinger (R) 3B
4. Adam Dunn (L) 1B
5. Paul Konerko (R) DH
6. Dayan Viciedo (R) LF
7. Dewayne Wise (L) RF
8. Tyler Flowers (R) C
9. Gordon Beckham (R) 2B
[/TD]
[/TR]
</TBODY>[/TABLE]

White Sox LARGE....

Will likely be on Mariners too

[TD="colspan: 4"]3:05pm Rockies (J. Nicasio - R) @ Mariners (J. Garland - R)</SPAN>
Gametime Forecast: 72°F • Sunny • 0%PoP
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD]1. Eric Young (S) CF
2. Reid Brignac (L) 2B
3. Jordan Pacheco (R) C
4. Michael Cuddyer (R) 1B
5. Nolan Arenado (R) 3B
6. Tyler Colvin (L) RF
7. DJ LeMahieu (R) SS
8. Henry Wrigley (R) DH
9. Corey Dickerson (L) LF
[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD]1. Franklin Gutierrez (R) CF
2. Kyle Seager (L) 3B
3. Raul Ibanez (L) DH
4. Justin Smoak (S) 1B
5. Casper Wells (R) RF
6. Eric Thames (L) LF
7. Kelly Shoppach (R) C
8. Robert Andino (R) 2B
9. Carlos Triunfel (R) SS
[/TD]
[/TR]
</TBODY>[/TABLE]

Mariners almost made my card too bro.

I'm riding with you on the White Sox.

Chicago White Sox -125 two units

Lets get it doggy. Not thrilled with my price on Mariners (-140), but very happy to take sox at -120.

The price tag was the only thing that kept me off Sea, P. Think I had a -145.

Last edited:
Crush furnaces, smack hos....

Shoulda listened to you on SEA today P. M's won by a TD and a FG... Great call!

You'll pay for it, but Nats are a play today.

[TD="colspan: 4"]1:05pm Astros (L. Harrell - R) @ Nationals (D. Haren - R)</SPAN>
Gametime Forecast: 72°F • Partly Cloudy • 0%PoP
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD]1. Tyler Greene (R) SS
2. Jose Altuve (R) 2B
3. Chris Carter (R) LF
4. Brett Wallace (L) 1B
5. Justin Maxwell (R) CF
6. J.D. Martinez (R) RF
7. Carlos Corporan (S) C
8. Matt Dominguez (R) 3B
9. Marwin Gonzalez (S) DH
[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD]1. Denard Span (L) CF
2. Jayson Werth (R) RF
3. Bryce Harper (L) LF
4. Ryan Zimmerman (R) DH
5. Adam LaRoche (L) 1B
6. Ian Desmond (R) SS
7. Danny Espinosa (S) 2B
8. Wilson Ramos (R) C
9. Chad Tracy (L) 3B
[/TD]
[/TR]
</TBODY>[/TABLE]

Will likely be on Jays and Rays also. Twins are gutted from WBC.

P Unit - you read my mind this morning. I'm not in love with the Rays offensively, and Moore got shelled in his previous outing, so I'll skip that one. Hopefully I'll be back here this afternoon congratulating you on that one just like SEA yesterday.

But I like the other two, and assuming ATL plays starters this evening, that may end up a three unit play. I took one for now at +110..

Locked in:

Washington -160 two units
Toronto -135 one unit
ATL +110 one unit

A's have a split squad game against Italy today, so they are sending scrubs and Bartolo Colon to face the Royals. Hard lean to KC there but they haven't lost a game yet so they are due. Reds/Angels game looks interesting. Both squads using opening day lineups for the most part. Lean Giants also.

GL today bud.

GL fellas, keep taking these cookies! Opportunity to fade Dice K at a reasonable price (-130) later this afternoon — lineups and pens check out. Bum looked sharp in his first outing and allowed a run on a couple hits in his last outing (has had issues in past Springs, but he's grown so much as a pitcher since then). Think they'll stretch him out a little more this third outing. Bum been implementing a two-seamer with his four-seamer and cutter. Looking forward to seeing how much run he has on it, cause he will be unhittable if he's able to work both sides of the plate.

[TD="colspan: 4"]
Indians (D. Matsuzaka - R) @ Giants (M. Bumgarner - L)</SPAN>
Gametime Forecast: 75°F • Mostly Cloudy • 0%PoP
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]

[/TD]
[TD]1. Michael Bourn (L) CF
2. Lou Marson (R) C
3. Ben Francisco (R) DH
4. Nick Swisher (S) 1B
5. Ryan Raburn (R) LF
6. Cord Phelps (S) 2B
7. Matt Carson (R) RF
8. Juan Diaz (S) SS
9. Luis Hernandez (S) 3B
[/TD]
[TD]

[/TD]
[TD]1. Gregor Blanco (L) CF
2. Kensuke Tanaka (L) 2B
3. Hunter Pence (R) RF
4. Buster Posey (R) C
5. Brandon Belt (L) 1B
6. Francisco Peguero (R) LF
7. Brandon Crawford (L) SS
8. Joaquin Arias (R) 3B
9. Hector Sanchez (S) DH
[/TD]
[/TR]
</TBODY>[/TABLE]

I like Frisco here too guys. A couple of those scrubs on the A's have been hitting the ball pretty well so far P Unit. I'll skip KC today, as I don't like Chen much either, but its tough to argue with the way those guys are knocking the ball around right now.

SF -130 1.5 units

Well fuck it then P - I hope that fat Ronald McDonald looking sterioded up ugly bastard mows em down today :)

I let this price get away from me, but I'll take a crack at the Rocks today against a shaky Cubs lineup

Col -140 one unit

A's have a split squad game against Italy today, so they are sending scrubs and Bartolo Colon to face the Royals. Hard lean to KC there but they haven't lost a game yet so they are due. Reds/Angels game looks interesting. Both squads using opening day lineups for the most part. Lean Giants also.

GL today bud.

This looks to be an uncapped game. Couldn't find a line for it after a quick look on ScoresandOdds.

Remember that this season NBA...

DONT BET AGAINST BALTIMORE

They are winning the East this year while the Blue Jays and Yanks sit around wondering where all that money went....

Back