USMNT THREAD

How did we luck out vs Algeria ? And we won the group despite not being favored to do so.

Scoring late when needed a sign of greatness, see Munich this past CL Final, Chelsea the year before, and of course Man U in the 99 Final.

Yes Klinnsman is an upgrade.

USA is beyond getting out of the group as a sign of success.

Anyone feel they won't name the amount.

How did we luck out vs Algeria ? And we won the group despite not being favored to do so.

Scoring late when needed a sign of greatness, see Munich this past CL Final, Chelsea the year before, and of course Man U in the 99 Final.

Yes Klinnsman is an upgrade.

USA is beyond getting out of the group as a sign of success.

Anyone feel they won't name the amount.

do you read what you even write?

my god dude so heck every junior team that scores late is great then huh cause heck that shit happens all the time

You won the group based on what we have already stated, a lot of luck.

I bet you were the same person that made the same assumption in 2006 when it was Italy/Ghana/Czech, oops lose to Ghana. Do I have to bring that up again? You lost to Ghana whom many Americans thought would be the easiest opponent out of the 3 and you lost. Simple as that.

Stop making it sound like the US is this great team because they are not, making out of the group stage IS and will be their priority anything other than that is added bonus, but you are making it sound like they must get out of the group stage or else it's a fail...jeeze get a grip you need a reality check...what if you are pitted against Spain, Belgium and some other country? then what?

Where would each of u guys rank 'Merica in soccer right now vs the rest of the world?

I found the FIFA rankings at #22 and some ESPN spi rankings at #21 right now..... Seems pretty low, or, u guys think that's pretty accurate?

ridiculously high

Your comparing juniors to the World's greatest sporting event ??? OK

USA isn't great, but they are getting better and will field it's best team ever.

Another bet if anyone wants the other side:

I will give you all the UEFA teams and 2-1 that none wins the World Cup next year. You get Spain, Germany, Netherlands etc...

also have a terrible terrible coach too, just look up what Phillip Lahm or any other Germans have to say about him

USA isn't great, but they are getting better and will field it's best team ever.

I will give you all the UEFA teams and 2-1 that none wins the World Cup next year. You get Spain, Germany, Netherlands etc...

Who do you think will win the WC? I'm guessing Brazil based on your willingness to give up all of the UEFA sides.

also have a terrible terrible coach too, just look up what Phillip Lahm or any other Germans have to say about him

little harsh , why? because he failed at one of the most high profile high pressure clubs in the world?

We are paying him about 2 million a year, the big federations pay 2x, 3x that much, hell wasn't Capello getting paid 10 mill a year?

Look he hasn't accomplished much yet, we won't really know for sure until after the world cup , but I think we are moving in the right direction. We are playing attractive football at the moment, and he has brought tons of players in the pool. He also has had the balls to keep Donovan off the last qualifying cycle and keep Altidore off rosters, no way Bradley or Arena would have done that. He doesn't play favorites , and makes every player earn a spot. Tatically we are playing better than I have seen in years.

He may not be the right coach for a high profile job, and can't manage the egos that come with managing world class players, but he seems a good fit with the USA. He did a good job moving Germany in the right direction after 04 Euros.

I question his high pressure attack minded style in the world cup against much better competition. We despised Bradley and Arena at times for their conservative play, but it was successful at times. I wonder if Klinnsman can check his ego and be willing to change his style for different opponents.

it's also generally regarded that Low was in charge of tactics and training for Germany when he was Klinsmann's assistant, and even so, neither of them have anything to really do with the success of the national team

that's due to an overhaul in the DFB system in youth development trickling down throughout the national league, which started in 2000

who said I'm comparing Juniors to the Worlds? you are mincing words bud, Juniors in the fact that I could get any MLS team this season who's played TFC and has scored in the dying moments and call them World Class....that's a fucking joke.

Why would I take your offer when I'm pretty sure I can get better options online.

Funny now you are resenting what you are saying "USA ain't great but they are getting better"
if you had just said the US are getting better and left it at that, you wouldn't of had this issue.

those same rumblings came out from some anonymous sources in an article earlier this year about him with the USA team.

Again we have looked very good the last couple of months under him, now a lot of that could be due to the quality of our players is as high as it has ever been, but at the same time if they were not buying into him or what he was doing I wouldn't expect our results recently to be as good as they have been.

Ahh, so noted douche Phillip Lahm writes a book and criticizes many of his coaches' training techniques in it to sell copies, gets lambasted by many prominent Germans for doing it, and this means Klinnsmann is a terrible coach. Ok.

We got some hardcore Canadian hatin going on in this thread. Hateration.

no we're putting a perspective outside the US, it seems the only US poster here that is trying to figure things out is OM.
Right now every American is feeling so good about their team when really it's just a mickey mouse tournament. I believe someone said earlier they are more concerned about the remaining WC qualifiers which you guys should. A loss with their B team shouldn't be taken to heart.

Whenever you play in a shit league/conference/division and dominate well it makes you look good then you play against other opponents who play in a tougher conference but aren't as good then you have issues. Thus that is why the Europa League is such a fucking crap shoot cause its so hard to cap what the hell is going on through the minds of each team. Levels all vary and we can only make ASSUMPTIONS about the level of each league.

Same goes with the US, the CONCACAF is really only Mexico/USA, unless Panama, Honduras or CR do something consistent then really there's nothing to talk about here.

I think high expectations or unreasonable expectations are good for the team in the long run. What you want is for people to get emotionally invested... even if disappointed in the end, they will be more likely to watch and more likely to come back for more once they realize the game is not quite ( quite ) the boring shit most Americans think it is.

Ahh, so noted douche Phillip Lahm writes a book and criticizes many of his coaches' training techniques in it to sell copies, gets lambasted by many prominent Germans for doing it, and this means Klinnsmann is a terrible coach. Ok.

you mean all the other shitty coaches he called out? none of the player who agreed with him off the record to Journos?

I love Jurgen but he's not a manager

I have nothing against the US national team either, but like has been pointed out they are dominating what would be ranked as the 5th (of 6) best football federation, only ahead of the OFC

it's no predictive measure for how they will do against others

you mean all the other shitty coaches he called out? none of the player who agreed with him off the record to Journos?

I love Jurgen but he's not a manager

I have nothing against the US national team either, but like has been pointed out they are dominating what would be ranked as the 5th (of 6) best football federation, only ahead of the OFC

it's no predictive measure for how they will do against others

ouch

Why do you think he's better? Formations? Player selection? Sportscenter said we've won a team record 10 in a row?

i ask bc we haven't played in a real competition besides CONCACAF qualifying which some would argue still isn't a real competition. It's ok to be happy with recent results but klinsman has plenty to prove
definitely because ESPN told me so

orangemonk;1717641[B said:
]AND England's keeper basically gave us a goal by misplaying a shot most u15 keepers have no trouble with. And 2-0 comeback vs Slovenia.[/B]

team is moving in the right direction but there are plenty of faults to point out along with the positive results
cmon dude....and, but, if

I am not saying the USA team is number 1 in the world.....the ands and ifs and buts, are just that though

no we're putting a perspective outside the US, it seems the only US poster here that is trying to figure things out is OM.
Right now every American is feeling so good about their team when really it's just a mickey mouse tournament. I believe someone said earlier they are more concerned about the remaining WC qualifiers which you guys should. A loss with their B team shouldn't be taken to heart.

Whenever you play in a shit league/conference/division and dominate well it makes you look good then you play against other opponents who play in a tougher conference but aren't as good then you have issues. Thus that is why the Europa League is such a fucking crap shoot cause its so hard to cap what the hell is going on through the minds of each team. Levels all vary and we can only make ASSUMPTIONS about the level of each league.

Same goes with the US, the CONCACAF is really only Mexico/USA, unless Panama, Honduras or CR do something consistent then really there's nothing to talk about here.
Nah dude anyone who watches college football gets the concept:shake:

to answer karls question about wondo. hes slow, cant create, basically gotta get himself in the right spot or have a good ball in to him.

so I guess he's the leading goal scorer in the MLS, yay. Never showed well in international play over the course of the last 2 years except those couple games, and these goals were his first in international play. he went nuts on shitty teams. Wondo makes the team as the 4th forward at best. No one else has stepped up so its basically the best of the rest when it comes to who makes it.

cmon dude....and, but, if

I am not saying the USA team is number 1 in the world.....the ands and ifs and buts, are just that though
I understand the result is what ultimately matters but you have to take them in context of how the game played out and use the actual play when predicting future outcomes

So what I gather from this thread is that the USA -250 today is not a warranted price?

if it was USA team A then yes absolutely but with Team B I'd be a bit hesitant. I'd only pay -250 if I'm confident a team has the potential to win big, at this point in time Panama has been quite the sleeper!

such a tough break, he'd all ready looked like he lost a step after the first 2 injuries, this 3rd one really limits what he can do

hate to see that happen to someone

don't worry guys I'm pretty sure ArizonaKid will have something smart to say about the US being a no brainer for the Semis next year!

I wonder what the starting mid will be for qualifiers, I thought Donovan, Holden, Bradley, and Jones....I think Eddie Johnson prolly plays out wide or maybe zusi. Least we have depth in midfield

I thought Johnson did well outside in the last qualifier, I would like him out there for his pace,

Backline is anyone's guess, about 8 players vying for 4 spots and all about the same...Gonzalez prolly automatic given his ability in the air, but he makes some awful mistakes

I thought Johnson did well outside in the last qualifier, I would like him out there for his pace,

Backline is anyone's guess, about 8 players vying for 4 spots and all about the same...Gonzalez prolly automatic given his ability in the air, but he makes some awful mistakes

eddie johnson is too up and down to me. he can bring a spark but zusi to met is the better option.

rather save eddie johnson for a sub at the forward spot anyways. if we need it.

Johnson is one of the worst one on one players I've seen. Slowest step over that gets him nowhere. If he has anything to do with the World Cup we are in a bad place

Wow, really...he is right behind altidore as a second striker...I do hate his stepover shit, but he is better than wondo and Gomez, and I don't mind him out wide because of his speed

Barring an injury he will be in the top 23, though there is that Guy from Finland that decide to play for usa..rumor is solid, would be second beat strikerr behind altidore

I agree better than wondo and Gomez but a far drop off from altidore. If something happens to him the drop off is so deep to Johnson that I think you have to put deuce up top

Back