USC trojans

N

NickFazekas

I think this team will be a great fade this year. I have no earthly idea how anybody can seriously consider this a championship caliber team. They are clearly not as good as last year, I mean it's not even close. They are replacing Reggie Bush with freshman running back commitee here guys. Even if John David Booty is touchdown jesus with all those recievers you can't replace possibly the best player to ever put on a pair of spikes. I don't know if Arky is the play week 1 but this will be a team to look to fade more than play I can guarantee you that.

You tell me if you want Booty or Mark Sanchez and a bunch of rookies in the backfield protecting him laying enough chalk to choke a walrus?

Like I said Im not sold on arky either so good luck if you play USC week 1 but I could see a big win there and them getting seriously overvalued for when they play a good team (ASU,CAL, etc)

Um im pretty sure the people were saying the same thing when Palmer left...
USC will just reload.. In my opinion they are more talented this year than last..

Bush only averaged like 9 yards a carry, a total freak of nature. USC comes back to earth in my mind.....

Too many talented and experienced teams in the Pac 10 this year. They all got drubbed the last few years by USC and it's payback time guys

NO WAY they win the pac 10 this year. ASU, Oregon, Cal, hell even wazoo is better.

How do you lose Leinart and Bush and be a better team? If you wanna say they are more talented thats fine by me, but as far as winning ball games this year not a shot!!!

By the way there is 2 sides of the ball and USC's defense will be nasty. Their linebacking core might be the best in college football and some services say their second and third string would start on the majority of schools.

Are you talking about winning games or covering spreads? Look at all of USC's big games this year they are all at home, at worst they lose 1 game and that will either be to notre dame or cal.

I remember their defense last year and it was nothing to write home about. When a pat hill coached offense puts up a BIG 50 on you, your D sucks!!!

im talking about covering these crazy spreads they are going to be laying this year, but they will lose more than a game this year rest assured.

I had this discussion before, look last year at the offensive teams USC played last year. All of them were ranked really high( they played 6 teams in the top 8 in offenses)
Its not like they were playing kansas and texas am

Home field doesnt mean as much to veteran laden conference rivals, but yeah USC did get the luck of the draw having all the tough teams at home. Should make for some even nicer spreads for USC faders.

throw the stats out the window if paul pinegar and fresno st puts up 50 in your house, you do not have a good defense, sorry.

USC got a LOT of lucky breaks to go on their run you gotta remember that. Other than the 2005 orange bowl nothing to write a novel about.

you sounds real ignorant right now. i hate stirring things up but jesus christ if you think wazzu is better than usc you need to get cranium inspected

The guy is starting to sound ignorant. USC is amazing at home. Check the previous 3 years. Yea losing bush and white hurt, but its not like they havent lost players in previous years. Hell look at auburn when they lost caddy and ronnie brown. Usc will be fine, fade them if you want.. and go broke

Troy thanks for the shotout at the other site, those guys are full of it. Maybe i should have 'secret plays' and post a 13 - 2 record..

i never said these teams are better or are going to beat them guys jesus. I think I clearly stated betting ATS will be profitable and thats what I plan to do. But i didnt say week 1 cause i wasnt sure, just in the pac 10 schedule.

and no im not ignorant, watched every one of USC's games the last 2 years you couldnt miss them......

you will also see just how good white and bush were now that they are gone.

you guys are the ignorant ones if you think they are gonna replace Leinart, White, and Bush with players who havent played a down of college ball.

Win alot still, maybe, cover crazy spreads at better than 50% no........

NickFazekas said:
Home field doesnt mean as much to veteran laden conference rivals, .

Last year USC was 6 - 0 at home with an average margin of victory of 33..
THe year before USC was 6 - 0 at home with an average margin of victory of 33..
In 2003 USC went 6 - 0 at home with an average margin of victory of 26...

Thats 18 - 0 Last 18 .. with an average of 30 points per game, please dont talk about a subject you dont know much about..Would you like me to show you some of the players they lost during that time? Im pretty sure you have heard of guys like Carson Palmer, Mike Williams, Keary Colbert, Troy palamanu..

NickFazekas said:
Too many talented and experienced teams in the Pac 10 this year. They all got drubbed the last few years by USC and it's payback time guys

NO WAY they win the pac 10 this year. ASU, Oregon, Cal, hell even wazoo is better.

yeah sorry I didnt mean that as it sounded. I meant those teams are all more talented/experienced than they were last year, not necessarilly ALL better than USC. I didnt mean wazoo was better than USC. Just winning the Pac 10 will be hard, but as you guys said all the tough games are at home so who knows. I will be taking the points against them though.

They were also 5 - 0 in 2002 at home. Im sure some of the teams who came in there had seniors leading them and walked away with a huge LOSS..

ASU Oregon and Cal are more talented than USC?? Theres like 2 teams who maybe have more nfl talent than SC and thats texas and LSU..

USC has third stringers who would start at Oregon.. Give me a break if you think one of those teams will finish with a better record in the pac 10..

Cal's backfield is miles better man. Cal and ASU are the teams to watch.

Just checked the last 2 years USC was about 50/50 ats. Your statement about taking the points is pretty odds as well. You dont think the books will adjust to how well USC plays? Its not like every spread is going to be USC -40. Almost every team goes around 50 / 50 ats to 60 /40..

still havent had anyone explain how USC could give up 50 to fresno st last year.

NickFazekas said:
Cal's backfield is miles better man. Cal and ASU are the teams to watch.

What about the rest of their teams??

The 2 backs for cal and asu barely had 100 yards combined when they played against USC. Im sorry but i dont think USC is scared to face those backs. This isnt the sec where teams pound the ball 30 + times a game.
USC has FAR more talent that those teams combined.

Anyways im done with this argument. USC at worst loses 1 game in the pac 10. So tell me what team will have a better record than that? Then tell me what games USC loses and what games the other team loses..:cheers:

They will lose to Cal.....AGAIN.

31-24 at the Rose Bowl

How about that?

(but I will be on the points in case lol )

lynch and forsett will bust them open as they can no longer stack the box. Nate Longshore is way better than Ayoob just wait and see....

the point is it's tough to stomach (for me anyway) laying over a TD even in road games (probably 3 or 4 at home) to good teams when USC's backfield has 0 college experience. They don't have a dominating defense either. The best player on their D last year, Darnell Bing, is also gone. Just have to wait and see but if it's high numbers vs quality teams im playing against.

good luck to you too abcs

well usc will easily win the pac10 barring any injuries... maybe i overreacted a little but your comments were a little extreme especially for someone who says they have watched all their games the past 2 year b/c i have as well. asu is garbage they have a great offense every year but a shitty defense and that will never change. hell fucking rutgers put up 40+ on em..... gl this year i'm sure we will have some other discussions i don't wanna sound like i was picking a fight wither just debating

Troy i know where your comin from. Tired of people that underrate SC. I mean its not like they havent lost players in previous years. They have guys on the bench who are ready to become the next superstar in cali..

Fazekas,

just remember USC has had like the #1 recruiting class like four years in a row...there once was a day when Lienart was ready to start his first game at Auburn and people thought USC wasn't going to be that good...USC is the number one "program" in college football...I've learned not to fade them the hard way (trust me on this, it's very painful)...

Last edited:
I agree about fading a potentially explosive offense, just not a good idea. For me its either play them or no play..

By the way pags i think u meant the past 4 years..

my numbers are all wrong anyway Fresno st only put up 42 on them last year.

IIt's a laundry list of players USC lost when you really think about it. Even secondary and teritiary parts of the team are gone now. Guys like byrd, Justice, Matua were a big part of their success and wont be easily replaced. We'll see but to me the value is against them till they prove otherwise.

That being said the points you guys brought up are right, they just have a damn nice schedule this year with seemingly every key game at home.

I give them the UCLA game again easy this year lol:cheers:

I'm just a big believer experience wins in college thats why I seem to be picking on USC. When was the last time a freshman running back committe won the championship, anybody know?

Hey yo nick.......

Listen as a ND fan i hope your right but, USC will not be a fade team this yr. There recuriting as been unreal the last 3 yrs, Texas had a great recurting class but usc was in a league of its own. They have 5 running backs that have been great in practice there all 5 star guys. Most teams get 1 maybe 2 5 star players they have 5 rbs that our 5 stars. There Wrs our still the best in the nation, and The big freshman WR Hazelton i think his name is will be a complete star. Usc will win the pac 10 again and i wouldnt be shocked if they were undefeated when playing ND last game of the yr.

I dont think it matters how old your back is..They have guys who arent freshman as well, a couple have been injured and just waiting their turn. Ever heard of Mcgahee? He had 67 carries one year then the next year he was the best college back in a decade..

Guidryacross said:
Hey yo nick.......

Listen as a ND fan i hope your right but, USC will not be a fade team this yr. There recuriting as been unreal the last 3 yrs, Texas had a great recurting class but usc was in a league of its own. They have 5 running backs that have been great in practice there all 5 star guys. Most teams get 1 maybe 2 5 star players they have 5 rbs that our 5 stars. There Wrs our still the best in the nation, and The big freshman WR Hazelton i think his name is will be a complete star. Usc will win the pac 10 again and i wouldnt be shocked if they were undefeated when playing ND last game of the yr.

:smiley_acbe: Couldnt have said it better myself.. too say they wont win the pac 10 and that other teams have more talent.. is a joke man! I cant even begin to guess how many guys on this roster will be drafted.

First off, the lines have already adjusted to USC this year. The spread wouldve been -20 if these two teams played at the end of the last year. Cutting that in half is not an unreasonable number to start the year. And its definnitely way too early to say you're gonna fade them all year long. If for some reason USC doesn't play to expectations the first week or two, the lines and public perception of them will adjust and you might get value play later in the season when the team comes together. Take Oklahoma last year- if USC follows their pattern and loses to Arkansas week 1, trust me the lines will be more than adjusted.

Back