USC @ Arizona Week 4

College Knowledge

4-2 ytd

Arizona +20

USC won't take these guys serious and Stoops will send the kitchen sink at Booty, going against my boys here:down:

GL:smiley_acbe:

I'm undecided on this one. Conf games are a different animal, but how much do think Az is going to score on the USC D?

First contra take on this game...and from an SC backer..

Hmmm

I wouldn't lay points now. This thing opened 14 for goodness sakes.

Very interesting . . . . . . . College Knowledge, have you heard anything in press conferences or whatnot that leads you to believe that USC will not be interested in this game?

Can't see them looking ahead to Wash St here . . . . . .

I too am intrigued by your play this week College Knowledge.

I feel like USC is one of my stronger plays this week. Even if Stoops sends the Kitchen Sink at Booty, the Trojans should still be able to run the ball effectively. Stephen F. Austin averaged 4 yards per rush against the Wildcats, so I doubt USC will have too much trouble.

Also, Tuitama suffered a concusion against LSU two weeks ago. He looked fine when he entered the game last week in the 4th Quarter, but how will he hold up against a physical USC defense? Anybody have any injury status on Tuitama (if he's even listed)?

GL this week! :shake:

this line does intrigue me....how did the line start lower than nebraska?! why would we compare az to un?!?! this is nuts!!! i got the line "fairly" early, and ill stick w/ it, i just cant fathom anything but a blowout....yet the line scares me as vegas is giving az more respect than the black shirts

never fade carroll. you play usc or leave it be lesson learned last week to some of you guys. i played it and won. at 15.5 i love usc

USC is not a great football team yet, they are young are they are not sharp on offense yet, I like their defense much better this season, but they don't have that high profile offense to just blow out people like seasons' past. They certainly aren't good enough yet to be laying 20 points on the road to a team that will treat this game like their own personal SuperBowl, call me stupid, but I like the points

I sure don't think you're stupid dude, and I appreciate your opinion so don't take this wrong, but they went on the road and blew out a decent Arky team.

Arkansas is not a decent team and they don't have Mike Stoops running their defense, USC also scored the majority of their points in the 4th quarter of that game, don't let that game persuade you here

USC under -17 is cash. At 21 points I think the value switches over to Arizona.

USC is not a "great" team yet--meaning that they can't post 50-75 ppg with impunity. Still, I'll take a team that can post in the 40s and keep the other team under 21 at this spread.

USC -16.5 for me.

rjurewitz said:
USC under -17 is cash. At 21 points I think the value switches over to Arizona.

USC is not a "great" team yet--meaning that they can't post 50-75 ppg with impunity. Still, I'll take a team that can post in the 40s and keep the other team under 21 at this spread.

USC -16.5 for me.
wow, I haven't seen a line anything like that, I got +20, maybe we can both cover:smiley_acbe:

SoonerBS said:
bump for dclark
not Dclark, but thanks for the bump, I could be wrong here, but I keep hearing all this National Championship talk amongst Trojan fans and they haven't really shown me anything yet, they look out of sync on offense, playing on the road at Zona against a great defensive mind like Stoops will not be a pushover for this year's Trojan squad in my mind:drinking:

Thanks College,

Will be laying off of this game, I appreciate you opion on this game. USC killed a pretty good Arky team 1st week, was really surprised. However didn't look to sharp against Nebraska.

:down:

dclark said:
Thanks College,

Will be laying off of this game, I appreciate you opion on this game. USC killed a pretty good Arky team 1st week, was really surprised. However didn't look to sharp against Nebraska.

unlike past year's Dclark, we aren't quite as good as advertised this season, we are too young and inexperienced to this point to be laying this sort of wood against a Mike Stoops defense, just my opinion and I don't bet against USC very often

dclark said:
Thanks College,

I disagree i thought they looked pretty good against nebraska

College Knowledge, I just noticed where you could get Arizona at +23 right now on betus.com.

abcs--thelegend said:
I disagree i thought they looked pretty good against nebraska
not sure about that bro, when is the last time USC scored 28 points at home? it just doesn't happen, our offense looked very average to me, but the defense does look good so far

SoonerBS said:
College Knowledge, I just noticed where you could get Arizona at +23 right now on betus.com.
I unfortunately don't have an account with them, besides I took this play at +20 already, so I'm locked and loaded, thanks for the info though:cheers:

USC isnt gonna have the 4 play scoring drives this year. THey are more balanced at rb and i think the qb play will be even. Now they are deeper and more experienced at wr and have a lot better D. DOnt expect 60 + pt games from them until later on in the year..

You guys do realize that this is the one game EVERYONE @ Arizona has been talking about since the schedules were released right?

The players WILL be ready, the crowd WILL be loud...hell, more then loud, they'll be deafening, especially with the humongus student section

I see this game being CLOSE, and maybe thats just my homerism, but I'm really looking forward to a hard fought game that hopefully UA will pull out in the end

abcs--thelegend said:
USC isnt gonna have the 4 play scoring drives this year. THey are more balanced at rb and i think the qb play will be even. Now they are deeper and more experienced at wr and have a lot better D. DOnt expect 60 + pt games from them until later on in the year..
good point abc, just tough gettin accustomed to not seeing Bush, White, and Matt not in the backfield, we just don't have that game breaker like Bush anymore, but Moody will be the next best thing in the coming years, he is going to be the best back out there in a couple years if he doesn't get injured, Carroll thinks very high of him

Moosecock said:
You guys do realize that this is the one game EVERYONE @ Arizona has been talking about since the schedules were released right?

The players WILL be ready, the crowd WILL be loud...hell, more then loud, they'll be deafening, especially with the humongus student section

I see this game being CLOSE, and maybe thats just my homerism, but I'm really looking forward to a hard fought game that hopefully UA will pull out in the end

Let me do my best USC Fan impression:

"Just like Auburn. Just like Arkansas. Just like Notre Dame. Just like Cal. Just like Oregon.

Same game. Different city. It's always big to them and we always kick the shit out them."

I'm going to go throw up now.

USC -16.5

So.........is it a matter of AZ losing 17-0 or 24-0? The 2 decent teams they've played have held them to 200 ypg..........50 rushing. Or is there reason to believe they'll "break out" vs USC?

maybe I shouldn't be posting my plays I guess, if I would have posted USC then I would be a homer and I post against my own team and now I don't know anything? then I have people making fun of USC fans in my thread, I haven't boasted anything about USC, all I have said is that they aren't as good as people tend to think and that makes USC fans arrogant? wow

CK...........I'm interested in your posts. I'm just looking at this from a different angle. Isn't that why we're here?

I've missed the best line but may tease this or hit the 1st hf............but want to consider everything.:shake:

Mugg said:
CK...........I'm interested in your posts. I'm just looking at this from a different angle. Isn't that why we're here?

I've missed the best line but may tease this or hit the 1st hf............but want to consider everything.:shake:
Okay Mugg, well I think this will be a low scoring defensive battle, our offensive line isn't as good this season as it has been in the past and I think with a defensive mind like Mike Stoops that Arizona will be able to get to our quarterback enough to make him uncomfortable, I also think that Arizona will be extremely pumped for this game, I know that sounds cliche', but I have the utmost respect for Mike Stoops and I just have a gut feeling that this line is too high for what I think will be a low scoring defensive game, there aren't very many low scoring affairs in the Pac-10, but I think this game will be much like the Nebraska/USC game with the exception that USC is playing on the road this time and laying more points, I'm thinking this ends up being 24-13 or something like that, I'm the biggest SC fan on the planet, but I just don't see this being a huge blowout like the rest California thinks, GL and thanks for the reply:cheers:

College Knowledge said:
maybe I shouldn't be posting my plays I guess, if I would have posted USC then I would be a homer and I post against my own team and now I don't know anything? then I have people making fun of USC fans in my thread, I haven't boasted anything about USC, all I have said is that they aren't as good as people tend to think and that makes USC fans arrogant? wow

Dude, RJ is a missplaced Texas fan that lives in Southern California. The very thing he quoted as a USC fan, is the same way Texan fans feel!!
evillol.gif
So do like me and let it go in one ear and out the next.

Now, everyone that posts a post is subjecting themselves to open scrutiny, that's just the nature of this beast. Again, let it go in one ear and out the other.

I appreciate your post. I, too, have questions about how Arizona is going to score, but I think 20+ points is likely too many here.

Keep a stiff upper chin in here, dude.
beer.gif

I can see your point there, CK. My point is, & I agree on it being low scoring, that AZ hasn't proved to be able to score much at all. There is the possibilty of scoring off TO's but that could go both ways. AZ can't run & their qb's have a 2-5 ratio so far.

I guess it'll come down to how serious USC takes this game. That may sound silly, since it's a conf. game, but it's also a barometer of sorts............LSU blew AZ off the map.

Thanks........

College Knowledge said:

CK, there's always disagreement. I definitely want to hear about it when someone disagrees with me...especially when they're thoughtful like you. Please do keep posting your picks. If someone says you don't know anything, pat em on the head, and show your knowledge with your record.

this is one of the most pleasant forums there is...especially for this subject.

GL on your picks this week. er, except this one. I wanna win my USC ticket...

hehehe.

CK: People going against your picks is to be expected. After all, you need somebody to put some money in the pot for you to win. I appreciate everybody's viewpoints b/c one person can't absorb it all. Thanks for contributing.

Now, for my viewpoint. I'm on USC -20. You do make a decent case for Arizona circling this game all year. One point to consider is how they performed in the last "upset special". They had all of the media labeling them as a sexy pick against a top ten team. The upset potential didn't carry them too far. Also, AZ/LSU was a revenge game for LSU as they've had their tails handed to them in both meetings. Didn't matter.

Now, all that said, this one is at Arizona which should fuel the fire there.

Good luck on whatever you decide.

Post more often.

SoonerBS said:
Dude, RJ is a missplaced Texas fan that lives in Southern California. The very thing he quoted as a USC fan, is the same way Texan fans feel!!
evillol.gif
So do like me and let it go in one ear and out the next.

Now, everyone that posts a post is subjecting themselves to open scrutiny, that's just the nature of this beast. Again, let it go in one ear and out the other.

I appreciate your post. I, too, have questions about how Arizona is going to score, but I think 20+ points is likely too many here.

Keep a stiff upper chin in here, dude.
beer.gif

Sooner's right. He's just bitter because Texas is going to fuck up OU this year...again.

I don't criticize the play at 20 or 21, CK. I've got the game capped at 20 and there are some that think that is way too low. Fine. That's their opinion.

I was able to grab a very low line that has tremendous value IMO. You believe that Zona +20 or +21 has value. I don't necessarily disagree with you.

Me personally, I'd be on USC or nothing. Zona has not shown me they can stop anyone except BYU and SC is much better than BYU.

I was not making fun of you and calling you an SC homer (which you probably are, but that's ok). I was just giving the SC homer response. I've got 2 on my floor and a 3rd upstairs that are huge homers. Tell them good luck against Nebraska and they respond, "Is Nebraska even ranked?" Yeah, dipshit #19. That kind of arrogance. But that type of arrogance has been backed up on numerous occasions.

As long as USC beats UCLA and Notre Dame, I'm cool with it.

If a poorly run SC team can beat Nebraska 28-10 and clealy have the ability to have put 7-14 more points up, then USC -16.5 at Zona is the right call.

GL this week and don't let anything in here affect you too seriously. I'll disagree with you from time to time but I won't call you stupid.

Back