US Open Discussion Thread

Holy shit at a possible last set bagel. Don't want that. Konta is a dark horse who we don't need revealing the extent of her true potential for the sake of future value.

Another seed bites the dust, and another one's gone, another one's gone.

[video=youtube;rY0WxgSXdEE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY0WxgSXdEE[/video]

I was up late a few nights before Wimbledon, caught her play live by accident. I bet against her with Puig, and Puig lost beating herself with too many errors, but Konta put her under pressure to force those errors. From there I was impressed enough to pay attention to her subsequent results which were good. Hope she'd win her 1R here to set up a bet on what we just saw. She's got a funny service motion to start her action, but she's a mini-Mugu herself. Very similar game to the Spaniard.

I love how Bonderenko held her serve petty comfortably for 4 straight games (playing some excellent tennis in doing so), but when it comes to serving to stay in the match @5-4 she gets broken to love with a DF to ice it off. Ahh, the WTA can deliver turd tennis at its finest.

Theme today seems to be Overs: had 7, should've been 8, with 10 games' totals decided. This heat plus players playing in it for the 2nd time in a couple of days the likely culprit.

Back