up against Brady this week. need lots of help with lineup.

Tide High

p90sex
I hate to get cute in the playoffs but i think i need to. I have some tough decisions. Here is a list of decisions i have to make.

RB2 - Stephen Jackson against GB, Fargas against Indy, Edge against NO
WR2 - Andre Johnson vs Denver, Deion Branch @ Car, Jabar Gaffney vs NYJ

FLEX - pick one from above as well.

thoughts.
Branch would be nice because of the Hasselback combo. Gaffney is nice because i'm playing Brady. AJ has a touch matchup. Edge has a good matchup but hes been awful and shipp is getting carries and GL carries. Green bay is too good vs the run for SJax.

DEF- MIN vs Chicago or GB vs St Louis

i know i'm starting Hasselback over Garcia, T.O. over all other wideouts, and Jamal Lewis over all other RBs.

Gaffney is the 6th most targeted receiver on the Patriots, trailing #5 Kevin Faulk. Not sure that's a smart play to cancel out any of Brady's stats. Don't try to outthink yourself.

I don't bench SJax... he'll get plenty of touches in the passing game too, and don't think Fargas or James will perform better this week.

With Johnson healthy, it's tough to sit him. I assume Bailey will cover him, which hurts... if for some reason it's Bly, I'd start him in a heartbeat (Bly is the 2nd most overrated DB in the league). I do like Branch's matchup, but Hasselbeck spreads the ball around fairly evenly.

If I had to choose, it'd be Jackson, Johnson, Edge.

:cheers:

didn't realize that about gaffney. he's been on fire the last 3. I consider GB's run D to be top 3, but with Bolinger throwing the ball, maybe Jax will be targeted more as a safety blanket. Your 3 are who I've got going now, but I just want to make sure.

thanks for the input.

Edge has killed my fantasy team in one league, I traded for him because of his weak ass schedule, but he hasn't done anything. I'd go with Jackson, Fargas, and Branch. You obviously need TDs to beat Brady, so I think you have to hope for big days from the RBs. Branch/Johnson are close, but he's such a big part of the Texans offense, he'll get plenty of looks.

yea im not playing edge. that oline can't make a hole. i worry about fargas losing carries to jordan. im thinking about doing the WR thing for flex. i hate it, though.

in a close decision at wr like the andre johnson , branch debate i like to use the books to help me. however in this case ... the books expect both offenses to score about 23 points. so no edge for either player there. next thing i would want to look at is which team is more likely to be trailing. seattle should have a handy lead on carolina if you believe the line.... should mean more running. houston is actually a home dog and more likely to be trailing in this game vs denver than seahawks are vs panthers. so i give a small edge to johnson in what otherwise looks like a tough call.

then again .... i drafted reggie bust , running back for the new orleans saints .... so my opinion on such matters is not worth much

good info vegas. thanks.

how about the defense guys? GB or MIN?

another league question. Big Ben @ Jax, or Trent Edwards @ Cleveland

disclosure: I'm a Browns fan.

I wouldn't start Edwards... the Cleveland secondary is getting healthier and better of late, and weather is looking like a mix of snow/rain throughout the weekend. i think Buffalo's more likely to lean on Lynch in this game, hoping to keep the Browns' offense off the field as much as possible. Edwards has only gone over 200 yards twice in 7 games, and 4 of his 5 TDs came last week against Miami.

Minnesota has a better D than GB to begin with, and they're facing Kyle Orton. while the Bears have a better record than the Rams, STL has more offensive weapons that can hurt you from a fantasy perspective. I'd keep an eye on Bulger's status, and even if he doesn't play, i think the choice is 50/50 at best. I'd play Minnesota and not look back.

Back