Underclassmen who are officially leaving..

• Thread starter Thread starter abcs
  • Start date Start date
and his projection that came back was between 30-45.....which was as high as could be expected w/ this receiver class...

I still believe he's Gonzo..

He got it back late last week....I'm assuming the projections have to take some underclassmen into acct and it's been known/assumed that Jarrett, Johnson, and Ginn would be gone..

Rice and Meachum were up in the air...

I can't answer that w/ any certainty...

I agree w/ a lot of u say....but he has pads on in this play...lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZt4FvtqBY0

But Ginn is so fast in a straight line that when we wasn't being thrown to they decoyed him and he ran off the safeties 10 times a game prolly...

Gonzalez was the slot reciever on this team and wasn't used in that role...does that mean he couldn't have played Ginn's?? Maybe, maybe not...but in this offense he was used in the slot in the middle of the field..w/ Ginn and Robo slotted out....Gonzalez is an amazing blocker and was used in motion a ton as well...

I think Gonzalez will be a lot like TJ Housh in the NFL...if TJ's in motion, 90% of the time they are running it becuase he's such a great blocker...Gonzo is in this same mold...

I dont have much time to respond but i will say look at gonzos stats .. not impressive AT ALL

He wouldnt be a first or second team all american if he came back ..zzzz..

abcs said:
I dont have much time to respond but i will say look at gonzos stats .. not impressive AT ALL

He wouldnt be a first or second team all american if he came back ..zzzz..

Nobody's arguing these points....thanks for a useless post...

Gonzo has never been a featured reciever and u're prolly right...

Question is if he's leaving and maybe a 2nd round draft pick...

Kirk Ferentz on Anthony Gonzalez for you bro since were hijacking shit...

"This guy, are you kidding me?" Ferentz said. "He knocked my socks off. He blocks like a tight end, he’s got excellent receiving skills, he’s a great runner and he’s a tenacious competitor. "I was thinking about this earlier: If somebody said you had to choose between Braylon Edwards, Lee Evans, Ted Ginn and Gonzalez — we’ve had some good guys in our conference, and this guy belongs in that class."

I don't pretend to know more than these guys or whatever....but the dude's a solid football player.

How is that a useless post? Im just sayin he hasnt produced at all. He has been a 3rd option or 2nd option his whole career. He didnt produce in the ncc game when he had to be the go to guy. I also dont agree at all with the TJ comparison.. . I think a team would be crazy to waste a second round pick on a guy who at best we can say has potential.. due to his combine numbers. COuld he be a great one, yes.. but i would like to see some evidence to back it up

abcs said:
How is that a useless post? Im just sayin he hasnt produced at all. He has been a 3rd option or 2nd option his whole career. He didnt produce in the ncc game when he had to be the go to guy. I also dont agree at all with the TJ comparison.. . I think a team would be crazy to waste a second round pick on a guy who at best we can say has potential.. due to his combine numbers. COuld he be a great one, yes.. but i would like to see some evidence to back it up

He started for one year Brian...He was the third receiver last year and this year the 2nd receiver..

Look at his numbers this year...they're very good for the talent he had around him on offense...it's hard to put up enormous number w/ only so many touches...his and Ginn's were nearly identical and tOSU runs it a bunch as well..

I don't know what u want from a guy who started one year...

Nobody produced on Monday so u can throw that game out statistical wise for tOSU..

Go look at his numbers vs Texas and Michigan last two years and tell me he doesn't produce...two TD's at Iowa in primetime this year as well..

You have to look past one game dude....u're so nearsighted u're freaking me out.

JumpOnBoard said:
You have to look past one game dude....u're so nearsighted u're freaking me out.
How am i nearsighted.. check every wr taken in the first round and let me know who didnt produce. I am just saying i would like to see him stay and prove that he can be a go to guy

BTW Im not sold on ginn being a pro wr either.. i think he will work well as #3 wide out in the slot, but will struggle big time as a go to guy

You guys gotta realize...tOSU is losing the best QB they've ever had...# 1 receiver...two best OLineman at C and RG..number one option at TB...and starting TE...alot of talent coming back on D and one year older...

w/ a first year QB u can imagine what Tressel's gameplan on O will be next year...

Tresselball will be back...Gonzo is a near 4.0 student...I don't think he beleives he'll be a first round pick either way ...this year or next...

He didnt produce in the ncc game when he had to be the go to guy

How am i nearsighted..

Calvin Johnson Oct 21 @ Clemson....0 catches , 0 yds...

One game doesn't make or break you is what I'm saying...

Gonzo had an awful game as did the entire Buckeye team....

For the season, the only season he started, he had 14.4 yds a catch and 8 TD grabs...

Calvin Johnson has proven he can be the go to guy. He has proven it with stats for 3 years. He has proven he doesnt need a heisman trophy qb to get him the ball. He has proven he doesnt need a great back or another great wr to get his..

Bad comparison, i know one game means nothing

Keeping it updated with players who are leaving early..

Darrelle Revis - Pitt
Zach Miller - ASU
Michael Bush - LVille

Charles Johnson -UGA
Danny Ware -UGA
Greg Olsen - U Miami
Marshawn Lynch -Cal
Robert Meachem - Tenn
Alan Branch - Mich
Sidney Rice - So Car
JaMarcus Russel - LSU
Dwayne Jarrett - USC
Jamaal Anderson - Arkansas

I expect Brohm to announce soon
1) Smiths stock sunk like the titanic ( although i had him over troy before)
2) Bush is gone
3) Petrino is out

abcs said:
Calvin Johnson has proven he can be the go to guy. He has proven it with stats for 3 years. He has proven he doesnt need a heisman trophy qb to get him the ball. He has proven he doesnt need a great back or another great wr to get his..

Bad comparison, i know one game means nothing

Not a comparison between the two at all...agree w/ all those pts...

Just stating one game doesn't make or break a player...

Gonzo has never had to do any of those things, u're correct...

Another reason why he WON'T be a first round guy either way and is prolly coming out getting a 2nd round grade...

Here is what Mel Kiper just said in his chat..

Anthony Gonzalez: Do I stay or go?

<!-- displayed mode -->
sn2.gif
Mel Kiper: (1:38 PM ET ) I say stay. Another year, even without Smith, they have a couple good QBs coming in with returning guys on the Oline. Because if you come out this year you will be a 2nd round pick. If you don't mind being a 2nd round pick than yes. But there are advantages in being drafted number in the second round in that if you come out early you are closer to that big FA deal.

<!-- displayed mode -->

Meyer did say that Gonzo is one of the best route runners he has seen

I just want to see him show off the potential. It might be tough though with a new qb.

They don't have to decide until Jan. 15, but conventional wisdom tells us that Ohio State juniors Ted Ginn Jr., Anthony Gonzalez and Antonio Pittman will all declare for the NFL draft. Ginn is projected as a first-round pick and is a near lock to leave. We caught up with Gonzalez and Pittman to get their thoughts on possibly returning for the 2007 season. As if Ohio State fans need any more bad news.

In addition to the embarrassing loss to Florida in the national championship game, the recent misfires on the recruiting trail and even the basketball game Tuesday night, it appears that the Buckeyes will lose three juniors early to the NFL.

Ted Ginn Jr. is most assuredly gone. His injury during the celebration of his 93-yard touchdown on the opening kickoff was simply a mid-foot sprain and he knows he is a sure-fire first-round pick.

And the guess here is that wide receiver Anthony Gonzalez and tailback Antonio Pittman will follow Ginn out the door and into NFL riches (although not quite as wealthy as Ginn).

Gonzalez and Pittman are projected to be first day picks (rounds 1-3) and while it’s possible one or both could return to OSU in 2007, it’s very likely.
Following the title game on Monday, Gonzalez gave the latest on his mindset and whether he is leaning one way or the other.

“Not really,” he said. “I really didn’t think enough about it to have a lean in any direction. It’s hard to say, but the NFL papers said second round and that’s encouraging.”

Gonzalez was asked if getting blown out will make it tougher to leave.
“Probably,” he said. “Off the top of my head, having just walked off the field, yeah, probably.”

The 6-0, 195-pound Gonzalez, who had 51 receptions for 734 yards (14.4) and eight touchdowns this year, will likely wait right up until the deadline on Jan. 15 to make his decision.

“I think I probably will. I really do,” Gonzalez said.

One of the factors that could affect Gonzalez’s decision is the loss of quarterback Troy Smith. Todd Boeckman will likely open the season as the starter, Rob Schoenhoft will be right on his heels, and Antonio Henton could also be in the mix (although he’s probably a year away from really competing for the starting job).

“Well, the thing about Ohio State, the great thing about Ohio State, is that there is always somebody in waiting to take another’s place who has a lot of talent,” Gonzalez said. “And that’s the case all across the board at all positions. Now, that’s not to say that losing the Heisman Trophy winner and in my opinion the best player in the country won’t be a blow, but the fact that this is Ohio State and we do have a lot of talent does tend to soften it.”

Gonzalez has also suffered two concussions during his OSU career, another reason he might want to start getting paid for having high-speed collisions as soon as possible.

* As for Pittman, he is a student of the game and understands NFL running backs have a short shelf life. Plus, he has Chris Wells breathing down his neck and they would continue to share carries next year, with probably an even bigger role for Wells.

You don’t hear it mentioned much, but Pittman is a classy young man and he honestly seems to be giving it some thought. But again, you should be shocked if he does decide to return.

“I’m still open and not leaning any way,” Pittman said. “On the 15th, I’ll do what I think is right.”

Pittman agrees with Gonzalez that getting embarrassed on college football’s grand stage will make his decision that much more difficult. No one wants to remember their final game as a complete debacle.

“You know, that actually makes it tougher, Pittman said. “As a competitor, you don’t ever want to go out like that. But on that day I will have an answer from the heart.”

Pittman was one of the few OSU players that had a good game against the Gators.

“I think I made the most out of every opportunity that I had,” he said. “I don’t know the official numbers (10 carries, 62 yards, 1 TD), but if I only carried the ball six times I gave it everything that I had for those six carries.”

Pittman finished the season with 1,233 yards and became the fifth OSU back to reach 1,000 yards twice (Archie Griffin, Tim Spencer, Keith Byars, Eddie George). He rushed for 1,331 last year.

I would expect some guys from Florida to announce soon...

Reggie Nelson - I think he is def gone..

The some others

Jarvis Moss - Helped his stock tremendously in the NC. 6'6 and fast..
Brandon Siler -

UF guys chime in here.. I do think Nelson is gone for sure

Updated list by position thanks to www.draftinsiders.com for doing all of the hard work..

Quarterbacks
Player School Ht./Wt. Status
Brian Brohm Louisville 6-3, 224 Has not declared yet
JaMarcus Russell LSU 6-5, 248 Declared

Running backs
Yvenson Bernard Oregon State 5-9, 202 Undecided
Michael Bush Louisville 6-3, 250 Declared for draft
Chris Henry Arizona 6-0, 223 Declared for draft
Marshawn Lynch California 5-10, 223 Declared for draft
Adrian Peterson Oklahoma 6-2, 220 Highly Probable to Declare
Antonio Pittman Ohio State 5-11, 195 Undecided
Gary Russell* Minnesota 5-11, 195 Declared for draft
Ramonce Taylor* Texas 5-11, 195 Declared for draft
Danny Ware Georgia 6-1, 222 Declared for draft
Dwayne Wright Fresno State 6-1, 220 Declared for draft

Wide Receivers
Dorien Bryant Purdue 5-10, 175 Probable to Declare
Andre Caldwell Florida 6-1, 210 Probable to Declare
Ted Ginn Jr. Ohio State 6-0, 180 Undecided
Anthony Gonzalez Ohio State 5-11, 190 Undecided
James Hardy Indiana 6-6, 220 Undecided
Dwayne Jarrett Southern Cal 6-5, 210 Declared for draft
Calvin Johnson Georgia Tech 6-4, 235 Declared for draft
Robert Meachem Tennessee 6-2, 205 Declared for draft
Sidney Rice South Carolina 6-4, 202 Declared for draft
Mario Urrutia Louisville 6-6, 220 Expected to declare for draft

Tight Ends
Dustin Keller Purdue 6-3, 245 Undecided
Zach Miller Arizona State 6-5, 260 Declared for draft
Greg Olsen Miami 6-5, 255 Declared for draft
Martin Rucker Missouri 6-4, 250 Highly Probable to Declare

Defensive linemen
Jamaal Anderson Arkansas 6-6, 255 Declared for NFL draft
Alan Branch Michigan 6-6, 330 Declared for draft
Red Bryant Texas A&M 6-4, 330 Undecided
Glen Dorsey LSU 6-2, 285 Undecided
Stanley Doughty* South Carolina 6-0, 331 Declared for draft
Quentin Groves Auburn 6-3, 250 Highly Probable to Declare
Kenny Iwebema Iowa 6-4, 270 Highly Probable to Declare
Charles Johnson Georgia 6-2, 270 Declared for draft
Jarvis Moss Florida 6-6, 255 Undecided

Linebackers
Xavier Adibi Virginia Tech 6-2, 230 Undecided
Ali Highsmith LSU 6-1, 230 Undecided
Rory Johnson Ole Miss 6-1, 235 Declared for draft
Brandon Siler Florida 6-1, 235 Undecided
Lawrence Timmons Florida State 6-3, 230 Declared for draft

Defensive backs
Antoine Cason Arizona 6-0, 182 Undecided
Chris Houston Arkansas 5-11, 181 Declared for draft
Dwight Lowery San Jose State 6-1, 190 Undecided
Reggie Nelson Florida 6-1, 190 Highly probable to Declare
Darrelle Revis Pittsburgh 5-11, 190 Declared for draft
Eric Wright UNLV 5-11, 190 Declared for draft

This should be official soon. Thoughts? I am not so sure. However the rb class isn't that steep outside of Peterson, Lynch, Irons, Pittman..Maybe a guy like Darby, I don't know.. Still don't think he should go

"
Darius Walker may have played his final game in a Notre Dame uniform. The Irish running back’s father, Jimmy Walker, confirmed that Walker will announce his intentions tomorrow on whether or not he’ll return for his senior year in South Bend. Multiple sources indicate that Walker intends to declare for the NFL draft. "

Brandon Jackson, RB from Nebraska, is considering leaving. Really came on strong at the end of this year. Was listed as First team all big 12 on some lists. Comes from a poor family so he could use the money

everythingthatsgreen said:
What is up with Pittman and Ginn?

Both gone? Nothing offical yet just Gonzo?

Pittman has a press conf at his high school in Akron set up for Monday...he's leaving no doubt...u don't have a press conf at your high school to announce u're coming back to school...it's to show the kids they can make it to the NFL w/ hard work too...etc..

Ginn hasn't said much except that the game or the injury won't effect the decision...he's always said he was 3 and done so no reason to think he's coming back...there have been whispers he loves school but his dad won't let him make a mistake of coming back...he's 100% gone and always has been...just hasn't made it official...

The injury is unfortunate though as he won't be able to run at pro day now...also the combine is up in the air and he won't be 100% for it either way...sprinters need to train to be at their best...so his stock won't be as high as it would have been....he routinely ran 4.2's in high school...we'll see..but we know high school times and combine times don't correleate...

Last edited:
Just curious Jump where would Ginn fall in this class as a WR?
Im thinking he would have to be around 5th at best is that way off?

You can look at 20 diff Projection sites and you can get 20 diff opinions...but most have him either the 2nd or 3rd receiver off the board...

Calvin will be the first off, then you see alot of Teddy and Jarrett swapping back and forth..

The combine will be big for most...many question Jarrett's raw speed and ability to create space...I think he'll need a good combine to get top 10, Jarrett that is...he has a M Williams cloud over him even though they play nothing alike IMO...

I've seen Teddy 8-19 on most boards...so dead middle of first round is where I see him going...

Rice, Smardjia, and Meachum all appear to be battling at the later part of the first w/ Rice being shown early 2nd in most projections that I've seen..

Rice will make or break his draft at the combines.

He has the size (6'4) and the hands however there have always been questions about his speed. I read that he runs around a 4.55 where as a guy like Meachem who had a better yr statistically is (6'3) and runs a 4.4..

I have a bet with a friend that Rice is not the 3rd WR taken and I am pretty sure I win this with Calvin a lock for top 5, Ginn and Jarrett def ahead of him. I went as far as to say I wouldnt be surprised if rice was 5-6th WR taken.

It will all depend on his combine and what he runs the 40 in.

Little Florida Update...This is from a sportsline article..

Seniors that are gone
"Quarterback Chris Leak, receivers Jemalle Cornelius and Dallas Baker, center Steve Rissler, running back DeShawn Wynn and fullback Billy Latsko are seniors. So are defensive linemen Steven Harris, Ray McDonald and Joe Cohen, linebackers Earl Everett and Brian Crum and cornerback Reggie Lewis. Even punter Eric Wilbur and place-kicker Chris Hetland are gone.

Then there are the juniors.

Defensive end Jarvis Moss, safety Reggie Nelson, receiver Andre Caldwell and cornerback Ryan Smith are expected to jump to the NFL. Linebacker Brandon Siler and defensive end Derrick Harvey also might join them in the draft.
Moss, Nelson, Smith, Caldwell and Siler already sent paperwork to the NFL's advisory council, which gives underclassmen an idea where they might get drafted if they leave school early.
"I want to break the news to my coaches before I say anything," Moss said following the blowout.

UF could lose up to 10 players on defense....That makes me and the rest of the SEC smile!

scratch Caldwell off the list, he is staying...

UF underclassmen yet to enter draft or indicate coming back:

Jarvis Moss - DE
Reggie Nelson - Saftey
Ryan Smith - Cornerback
Brandon Siler - LB
Derrick Harvey - DE (Only Soph because of RS, is 3yrs removed from HS)

Those that are staying are real solid, My concern will be on the defensive end of the ball, that front four has been malicious but hopefully FLA can reload...I dont see that as a problem because of the Recruiting capabilities of that school....With two titles who wouldnt come to FLA, they have the scenary, girls, and the oppurtunity to make it to the pros. TeeBow will be great it may take a year, They a;ready have talent at wr with Caldwell and Harvin...Like I said my main concern is the defensive line...

Little Florida Update...This is from a sportsline article..

Seniors that are gone
"Quarterback Chris Leak, receivers Jemalle Cornelius and Dallas Baker, center Steve Rissler, running back DeShawn Wynn and fullback Billy Latsko are seniors. So are defensive linemen Steven Harris, Ray McDonald and Joe Cohen, linebackers Earl Everett and Brian Crum and cornerback Reggie Lewis. Even punter Eric Wilbur and place-kicker Chris Hetland are gone.

Then there are the juniors.

Defensive end Jarvis Moss, safety Reggie Nelson, receiver Andre Caldwell and cornerback Ryan Smith are expected to jump to the NFL. Linebacker Brandon Siler and defensive end Derrick Harvey also might join them in the draft.
Moss, Nelson, Smith, Caldwell and Siler already sent paperwork to the NFL's advisory council, which gives underclassmen an idea where they might get drafted if they leave school early.
"I want to break the news to my coaches before I say anything," Moss said following the blowout.

UF could lose up to 10 players on defense....That makes me and the rest of the SEC smile!
South Carolina has a long way to go bud.. Ive never seen a set of more delusional fans than the ones in South Carolina. THey seriously think theyll be in the sec championship in 2 years. :down: I liked yalls team this year, but i think you guys take a step back next year, and honestly your biggest win was over clemson this year.. the team was close in the other games but you guys had a favorable schedule, next year will be brutal. :drink:

abcs said:
South Carolina has a long way to go bud.. Ive never seen a set of more delusional fans than the ones in South Carolina. THey seriously think theyll be in the sec championship in 2 years. :down: I liked yalls team this year, but i think you guys take a step back next year, and honestly your biggest win was over clemson this year.. the team was close in the other games but you guys had a favorable schedule, next year will be brutal. :drink:

Listen buddy,

No where in there did I say South Carolina was going to be good, was going to win 10 games, was going to upset some one...In fact if you can find the word South Carolina and winning in that post, I will pay you $100.

The fact is I said "UF could lose up to 10 players on defense....That makes me and the rest of the SEC smile!"

I think its common logic that LSU, Tenn, Arkansas, FSU, South Carolina, Kentucky, Vandy, maybe even OSU are happy that defense might lose a juniors like Reggie Nelson, Jarvis Moss, Brandon Siler..I think Harvey stays btw.

So you as a UGA fan should be happy that the team who beat you 21-14 could lose up to 10guys on defense, one of their strong points.

:cheers:

I know you are more of a realist, but its the other people who think Steve Spurrier is a god.

abcs said:

I will respond to this post directly now...

What is it that you liked about this years team? Was it an Offensive line that was a different combination of guys every wk until the last 6 weeks of the season? Was it the scary defense featuring 3-4 frosh at a time that we showed against Miss St in the opener and remained with throughout the yr? Was it the fact we played close and lost?

I think if you are going to compare teams it is absolutely crazy... First, minus Rice, Fred Bennet, Chris White, & Syvelle.... Everyone returns..

Syvelle played free saftey the last 4-5 games, thats not a blow to the offense.

The biggest offensive loss is Rice and there are 10 guys fighting for that spot. We will see..Watch out for Larry Freeman or Joseph Hills, Mark Barnes or Jason Barnes, all of which are 6'3+. McKinnley will remain in the slot and will catch his 50-60 balls.

One has to also imagine that Blake Mitchell would improve just a little bit more with another yr of coaching. In fact the loss of Sidney Rice might make him scan the field a little more. I admit the kid isnt an All-American, he has plenty to work on like throwing the ball away or getting rid of it before the Dback has a chance to break on it but I am only applying common sense that he will get better.

There are 10 starters back on defense and about 3-4 more guys who played. There are a few Juco d-linemen coming in and a few Redshirt Dlinemen with size..Arguably are best d-tackle didnt play half the season because he was injured, he will be back.. Common sense tells me that in a yr all 10 of the starters will get better and theres a chance someone else emerges.

The biggest question marks are offensive line. While 3 of the 5 starters who played in the bowl game are gone, there are 2 starters who were injured in the beginning of the yr, and defensive backfield. Jasper Brinkley will be a beast in the middle.

Now the schedule, this is blindly not breaking down any teams and its a January Prediction..

Green = Win
Red = Loss
Blue = Battle

<TABLE borderColor=#000000 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width=800 border=1><TBODY><TR vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc><TD>Sat</TD><TD>09/01/07</TD><TD>Louisiana-Lafayette</TD><TD>Columbia, S.C.</TD><TD> </TD><TD noWrap width=150>TBA</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff><TD>Sat</TD><TD>09/08/07</TD><TD>Georgia</TD><TD>Athens, Ga.</TD><TD> </TD><TD noWrap width=150>TBA</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc><TD>Sat</TD><TD>09/15/07</TD><TD>South Carolina State</TD><TD>Columbia, S.C.</TD><TD> </TD><TD noWrap width=150>TBA</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff><TD>Sat</TD><TD>09/22/07</TD><TD>LSU</TD><TD>Baton Rouge, La.</TD><TD> </TD><TD noWrap width=150>TBA</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc><TD>Sat</TD><TD>09/29/07</TD><TD>Mississippi State</TD><TD>Columbia, S.C.</TD><TD> </TD><TD noWrap width=150>TBA</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff><TD>Sat</TD><TD>10/06/07</TD><TD>Kentucky</TD><TD>Columbia, S.C.</TD><TD> </TD><TD noWrap width=150>TBA</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc><TD>Sat</TD><TD>10/13/07</TD><TD>North Carolina</TD><TD>Chapel Hill, N.C.</TD><TD> </TD><TD noWrap width=150>TBA</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff><TD>Sat</TD><TD>10/20/07</TD><TD>Vanderbilt</TD><TD>Columbia, S.C.</TD><TD> </TD><TD noWrap width=150>TBA</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc><TD>Sat</TD><TD>10/27/07</TD><TD>Tennessee</TD><TD>Knoxville, Tenn.</TD><TD> </TD><TD noWrap width=150>TBA</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff><TD>Sat</TD><TD>11/03/07</TD><TD>Arkansas</TD><TD>Fayetteville, Ark.</TD><TD> </TD><TD noWrap width=150>TBA</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc><TD>Sat</TD><TD>11/10/07</TD><TD>Florida</TD><TD>Columbia, S.C.</TD><TD> </TD><TD noWrap width=150>TBA</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff><TD>Sat</TD><TD>11/24/07</TD><TD>Clemson</TD><TD>Columbia, S.C.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I count 7 games I think we have a good shot at winning, that includes Kentucky(will be a tough game but we beat them) and Clemson (frosh qb, could lose 4 on o-line)

The UGA game as much as you want to think your going to smash us will be a dog fight.

I think traveling to LSU is a loss

Things regroup after that, team gets on a little 4 game winstreak...

This is where the season is determined..It will be a tough stretch

@ Tennesse
@ Arkansas
Florida

Now I think we come out 9-3, hate all you want but thats what I think.

abcs said:
I know you are more of a realist, but its the other people who think Steve Spurrier is a god.

Already wrote the other one before saw this..

Anyway, he is going to get some talent there and he is going to compete. Right now he is competing with Lou's Guys, inferior talent. This yr he is starting to bring in some quality guys.

im just saying lets be realistic, Spurrier won 1 title at florida. He got outcoached all the time against miami and fsu. Sure he dominated the sec at times, but its a lot better now than it was then. I think he is one of the most overrated coaches of all time. Is he a great coach sure. Is he better than a pete caroll or someone like that .. not even close.

I never said i think well smash yall. U guys should have won against us 2 years ago in athens. We beat you down in yalls place this past year. Im not a homer like many of the people on this site, mainly texas fans. The schedule is actually easier than i thought, but considering ur non conf schedule is a joke. I dont care if u end up with 7 or 8 wins.. i still think theres a great shot u finish 3rd in the sec.. EAST

As far as bringing in spurriers talent, thats a whole different thing. I dont think he will put the forth the effort to recruit that hard. You guys will never outrecruit uga,tenny or florida on a consitent basis.. not to mention bama, auburn and lsu. I also think that you guys will lose to butch davis at unc, but thats a different story. Im confused on why you have the game in knoxville a loss, but the games in athens and fayetville a battle.

Just think we slip up somewhere thats all and knoxville might be where. Its too hard to sit here and predict the 07 season when I don't even have a starting roster but 9-3 would be a good season imo.

scratch Caldwell off the list, he is staying...

UF underclassmen yet to enter draft or indicate coming back:

Jarvis Moss - DE
Reggie Nelson - Saftey
Ryan Smith - Cornerback
Brandon Siler - LB
Derrick Harvey - DE (Only Soph because of RS, is 3yrs removed from HS)

Back to the topic.... Out of Florida so far

Reggie Nelson - Gone
Jarvis Moss - Gone
Ryan Smith - Gone
Derrick Harvey - Staying
Brandon Siler- Think he could be gone

Later on Friday, junior defensive end Jarvis Moss, one of the nation's most-feared pass rushers, said he will enter the NFL draft.
Moss, at 6-foot-6, 251-pounds, was fourth on the Gators with 56 tackles, including 11 for loss. He had 7½ sacks and led the team with 12 quarterback hurries this season. During his Florida career, Moss overcame hernia and hip injuries and a rare infection that caused him to lose 30 pounds
Moss also may have saved Florida's season by blocking a field goal late in a defeat of South Carolina.
Junior cornerback Ryan Smith and All-America safety Reggie Nelson also said Friday they would head to the professional ranks.
"I've been through a lot in my career and having won a national championship, the timing couldn't be better," Smith said. "I know I'm a good corner who can cover and they need those guys in the NFL."
Smith, 5-10, 160 pounds, hopes to add 10 or 15 pounds before the combine. He's been projected as a fourth- or fifth-round pick.
"I'll have to prove that I can play at my weight and that I'm durable for my size," said Smith, who transferred from Utah this season, where he once played for Urban Meyer.
Smith led the SEC with eight interceptions this season.
<!-- next four grafs AP -->Nelson's decision was expected. He has two small children to help raise and his mother died last month following a three-year battle with breast cancer.
Teammate Joe Cohen, Nelson's closest friend, told Florida Today that Nelson had made up his mind.
"He's coming out," Cohen said. "He's already made the decision." Nelson, a finalist for the Thorpe Award given to the nation's top defensive back, had six interceptions this season, several touchdown-saving tackles and even more big hits.

Last edited:
Ryan Smith graduated before this season so he WANTS out badly. Reche Caldwell advised his brother Andre to stay another year.

Back to the topic.... Out of Florida so far

Reggie Nelson - Gone
Jarvis Moss - Gone
Ryan Smith - Gone
Brandon Siler- Gone

UF will officially be very young and inexperienced on Defense next yr, the offense on the other hand won't miss a beat imo..

Back