UFC 86: Jackson vs. Griffin

i do agree with your line of thinking in that if you have a fight where nobody would be terribly surprised by one side winning over the other, the dog may be the best play.... its finding those particular fights that can be tough because not every card has them...

That's the trick, mogo. I agree that you have to be choosy, and I don't want my words to come across like every card has multiple live dogs. But as was the case with Rampage vs Griffin, no one I spoke with said he would be surprised by the outcome because they could see Griffin winning EVEN THOUGH Rampage was likely to win. That's the criteria for betting a dog in MMA. And at 2-to-1 on Griffin, I was more than happy to risk it.

:cheers:

Anyone else find this payout to be strange?

Tyson Griffin: $40,000 ($20,000 win bonus) def. Marcus Aurelio: $40,000​

Griffen was heavily favoured -350 but before the fight even started, they promised Griffin only half the money they promised his opponent. Kinda weird to pay the person you expect to lose double the person expected to win especially with Aurelio bringing no excitement/fans to the table (unless I'm wrong but first I've heard of him?)

what the fighters get paid has nothing to do whether they are the favorite or not... all depends on the length and per-fight pay in the contract that is signed when they join the org...

this was actually MA's 4th fight in the UFC (he's 2-2 now with his 2 wins coming in the 1st rds)...

Griffin on the other hand is now 6 fights into his UFC contract that he signed back in '06... all but one of his fight has gone to a judge's decision, so i wouldn't expect the UFC to be throwing any more money at him with a newer contract just yet...

looking at your post mogo with the scorecards griffin DID NOT win round 1 so thats fucked, something seems really fishy here

I didnt get to see the fight I was at the beach from friday till monday so I didnt get to see the fight but did bet

I won 7 units on Griffin +220

the crazy part was me and my cuz were trying to find a bar that had the fight no luck if we did i was gonna bet big on forrest

but im glad i still put a bet cuz i couldnt watch the fight.

Back