Uefa champions league semi-finals

who do you think out there is a better central defender than Rio Ferdinand and Carlos Puyol?

Here are just a few Poaolo Maldini, Roberto Fabian Ayala, Mario Yelpes, Martin Demichels, Ivan Cordoba, John Terry, Fabio Cannavaro, Wiliam Gallas

Rio is also in the same class as these guys like I said Puyol is a very good back but imo hes not nowhere near the top 3 he is reckless at times he also plays alongside Marquez who is an excellent back put him on an avg. La Liga team & he would be exposed Spain will have a great team in wc 2010 my biggest concern is Puyol in the back. With that said I do think hes the best center back Spain has.

Last edited:
Here are just a few Poaolo Maldini, Roberto Fabian Ayala, Mario Yelpes, Martin Demichels, Ivan Cordoba, John Terry, Fabio Cannavaro, Wiliam Gallas

Rio is also in the same class as these guys like I said Puyol is a very good back but imo hes not nowhere near the top 3 he is reckless at times he also plays alongside Marquez who is an excellent back put him on an avg. La Liga team & he would be exposed Spain will have a great team in wc 2010 my biggest concern is Puyol in the back. With that said I do think hes the best center back Spain has.

Agree to disagree.

The players you listed are all extremely talented, but many of them are well past their prime, and as for William Gallas he is nothing but a fucked up nut-case.

Still, I love Carlos Puyol and his warrior mentality. Some might consider him a bit wreckless, but they used to say the same thing about a lot of world class players such as Roy Keane.

Back