Uefa champions league semi-finals

tough half time adjustments for Barca, if they choose to go even more forward than they are going to be even more open at the back.

that was a crushing loss

and that was also the worst officiated game ive seen in forever

chelsea should have had at minimum 2 penalty kicks

I hate Chelsea but they got screwed, that handball on the Anelka flick was so fucking obvious and it was right in front of him

in related news, david stern just called that guy and asked him to officiate game 3 of the Dallas/Denver series

I hate Chelsea but they got screwed, that handball on the Anelka flick was so fucking obvious and it was right in front of him

Yep that one and the one where he gave him the free kick just outside the box when the foul was clearly in the box (there were fucking divots there from where he went down for christs sake)

but the red card was a pretty brutal call too

That was so blatantly obvious...Barca did get fucked on that Red to Abidal but he blew two calls that should have been PK's for Chelsea...He calls the one 6 inches outside of the box that was CLEARLY in the box and of course the Pique handball

there were 2 others he coulda called too...

one ion the first half when drogba went down and one in the second when anelka went down

chelseas just unlucky in the champ league

Drogba's a little pissed as am I...Fucking Iniesta...Essien should have cleared that ball out too he really fucked that up

Drogba's a little pissed as am I...Fucking Iniesta...Essien should have cleared that ball out too he really fucked that up

yeah...was that him that totally whiffed on it?

Someone had a good shot to get it out of there and just flat out missed it

What a game!!! That was tough game to officiate, lots of close calls Chelsea got screwed on a pk & barca loses a player on a very questionable foul. Hiddink is a genius Guardiola was completely outcoached. 1 minute short of a huge upset.

Barca are going to get crushed in the Finals though, 3/4 of their back line will be out and they allowed like 4 quality chances to Chelsea and should have been called on at least 2 penalties.

Man U buries those chances.

Dani Alves couldnt make 1 decent cross all game. Not once did they try to set up a shot from outside of the box very pridactable to defend....

"Didier Drogba - whose lack of self-discipline saw him sent off in last season's Champions League final against Manchester United - marched on to the field in flip-flops to launch a senseless and pointless verbal assault on referee Tom Henning Ovrebo after the final whistle. He was still being restrained after receiving a yellow card and was held back as the Norwegian official made his way down the tunnel.
"The mood is already angry here inside Stamford Bridge and Drogba's behaviour does nothing but inflame the situation. He simply cannot help himself.

Barca are going to get crushed in the Finals though, 3/4 of their back line will be out and they allowed like 4 quality chances to Chelsea and should have been called on at least 2 penalties.

Man U buries those chances.

Puyol i think is back unless his suspension is more than 1 game, I think it could be a high scoring affair....

"Incredible scenes here - with someone appearing to have barged into Chelsea coach Guus Hiddink amid Barcelona's wild touchline celebrations. Heartbreak for Chelsea who had defended so resolutely for so long. Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola lost it completely on the touchline."

Norwegian referee Tom Henning Ovrebo is being surrounded by stewards and Didier Drogba comes on to wave an angry finger in his face, he's absolutely livid. His team-mates try to pull him away, but he's a big unit and they can't move him. He's waving his arms, flapping, having a go at everyone, and he's booked. Chelsea have been hard done by, but this behaviour is pathetic.

Barcelona defender Gerard Pique: "When we had 10 men it was really hard, but we managed to score in the last minute and there are no words to describe how happy the team is at the moment. It was enough for us to qualify for the final. When the ball touched my arm I didn't want to touch it, but you have to respect the decision of the referee. It means a lot to play Manchester United, but more because we are in the final."

at least he can admit it

"Didier Drogba - whose lack of self-discipline saw him sent off in last season's Champions League final against Manchester United - marched on to the field in flip-flops to launch a senseless and pointless verbal assault on referee Tom Henning Ovrebo after the final whistle. He was still being restrained after receiving a yellow card and was held back as the Norwegian official made his way down the tunnel.
"The mood is already angry here inside Stamford Bridge and Drogba's behaviour does nothing but inflame the situation. He simply cannot help himself.

He missed the easiest chance of the game.

Barcelona defender Gerard Pique: "When we had 10 men it was really hard, but we managed to score in the last minute and there are no words to describe how happy the team is at the moment. It was enough for us to qualify for the final. When the ball touched my arm I didn't want to touch it, but you have to respect the decision of the referee. It means a lot to play Manchester United, but more because we are in the final."

at least he can admit it

translation ball played his arm, but the position of his arm made it a pk

2207: I think this Didier Drogba story is going to run and run. He stared into a television camera as his team-mates tried to drag him off the pitch at the end, swearing - probably about bad he thought the referee was - and largely going wild. He was booked, but there might be more to follow.

I dont think its senseless and pointless...the ref totally fucked them over...he deserves to hear about it (he deserves to have to (try to) walk out of the stadium without any security, but a tongue lashing from Drogba will have to do...)

As a fan, Id rather have my team's players react like Drogba than like Buckhalter and Samuel last year after they lost the NFC Title game and were laughing and joking with the Cardinals...at least you know Drogba cares

<table class="grid" width="775" border="1" bordercolor="#a0a0a0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr style="background-color: rgb(213, 216, 250);" class="GridItem" onmouseout="this.style.backgroundColor='#d5d8fa';" onmouseover="this.style.backgroundColor='#ffff66';" align="center"><td style="width: 180px;" align="center" nowrap="nowrap">
</td><td class="hdpbg" style="width: 35px;" nowrap="nowrap">
</td><td style="width: 44px;" nowrap="nowrap">
</td><td style="width: 44px;" nowrap="nowrap">
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Chelsea boss Guus Hiddink: "We should have had four penalties. As for the end of the game, I can fully understand the disappointment of the players and I will protect them for what they did because they had loads of adrenaline in their bodies."
Chelsea boss Guus Hiddink: "I'm still very disappointed of course, it's not easy to analyse the game when the adrenaline is running. We should and could have scored more, we could talk about the not-given penalties. There were four tonight, and they boys feel, well, it's a little injustice. But in the second half, we should have wrapped it up."

I dont think its senseless and pointless...the ref totally fucked them over...he deserves to hear about it (he deserves to have to (try to) walk out of the stadium without any security, but a tongue lashing from Drogba will have to do...)

As a fan, Id rather have my team's players react like Drogba than like Buckhalter and Samuel last year after they lost the NFC Title game and were laughing and joking with the Cardinals...at least you know Drogba cares

Ya I agree he had every right to go over to the ref and complain, it was embarrassing.

Thats ridiculous logic but you're right that was an unbelievable goal he made:shake:
haha same logic you used. if he gets any more of the clearance barcelona doesn't score. if he gets any less of the goal it doesnt go in. what a shot though and what a game. gotta feel for chelsea supporters being a man up and having your ticket to rome all but punched only for a misclear followed by a spectacular shot to send you packing. very interested to see the final, two very exciting teams to watch.

well he is better than Puyol.

Puyol gets a little bit too crazy and isn't as calm or collective as either Rio or Vidic.

I also prefer Vidic's scoring abilities to that of Puyol or Rio.

I would put Rio and Vidic just a level above Puyol. Toronto Mike is right that at times Puyol is just a little crazy, where as Rio and Vidic are both calm and you always know where they are going to be.

Back