Tuesday-Wednesday & Thursday Playoff Action

Detroit-Orlando U182.5-110 4 units

To understand the play you need to understand how Detroit plays on the road against teams like this. This is nothing new for Detroit basketball fans. We see the same thing over and over and no doubt we will again tonight.

Regular and postseason Detroit will push on the road against teams that are lousy defensively and usually have high-scoring games. The key in those contests is Detroit runs a controlled tempo. They take advantage of the opponents weakness while still keeping the tempo in their favor to disrupt the opponent. Now, against solid defensive teams like Orlando(and many others in East), Detroit simply plays a ball contol style on road. Come the 4th qaurter they feel that their halfcourt defense is hard to score against and that they can execute offensively out of their sets.

The two games in Orlando this season were pretty similar. Close games thru 3 qaurters before a stifling Detroit defense suffocated the Magic in both 4th quarters. Orlando doesn;t have enough creativity offensively to score when the game bogs down.

The scores of those two contests...

94-89 and 87-83(both below the posted totals of 185 and 186.5 respectively)

From the 2005-2006 season..the games at Orlando..

87-89 and 84-73(posted totals of 186.5 and 182.5 respectively)

Now, lets look back at the road playoff games for the Stons the past two postseasons. I am throwing away the Sixers and Bucks series. Those teams fit into what I was saying earlier in this post. Orlando doesn;t qaulify as such a team. So, these are the totals from every other postseason road game.

2006: 173, 167, 181, 166, 146, 163
2005: 155, 181, 173, 153, 170, 164, 178, 171, 167, 165, 153

Not one single game above tonights posted total.

Tonight will be a slugfest. Expect early Orlando emotion. Expect Detroit to counter with one of those vintage Detroit performnces. I doubt this will be a typical DET road game 3. I think they will do as they have in the 4th's this year at Orlando. Not confident enough to play the side but lets say we see a 87-81 Detroit win..

gl all.

giulia

funny part is I am putting some cash in 5dimes this weekend..lol

too bad...great number

what i tell you son Utah aint no whores at home they not goin out like at

cake..they plyed very good defense..my hats off to them..but their offense is still dogshit.

Phx -2.5 -110 4th qtr.

2 great defensive qtrs by lakers...feel Suns adjust in 4th and that Kobe may force things a bit if things get stale

4 units

Back