Tuesday-Wednesday & Thursday Playoff Action

New to the forum, but figured I would throw my two cents into the conversation about the Warriors.....granted I am a little biased since I live in the bay area and I am a Warriors fan.

I have been to several of their games this year and yes, they did lose 40+ games and at times look like the Warriors of old - but several things should be looked at:

Early on the team was hit with injury after injury (including JRich not coming back to play until Feb 21st and Baron out 16 games).....the big trade that Mullin pulled off......JRich and Davis finally coming back to pay with the newest members from the trade -Harrington and Jackson. It took time for them to gel.

Since JRich returned on Feb 21....the Warriors are 17-11. What is more impressive is in their last 22 games - they are 17-5 (two of those losses coming to the Spurs) Those 17 wins included wins against Dallas (twice), at Detroit, Suns and Utah.

Also, I am by no means saying that the Warriors are a defensive team like the Pistons - but no Nellie led team has ever been described as a D powerhouse in holding the other team to a low amount of points. What should be pointed out is that the Warriors are ranked number 1 in steals per game (9.14 spg), Number 3 in blocks per game (5.75 bpg) and in the top ten for rebounds per game.

The last 11 meetings between these two teams - the Warriors are 10-1 ATS and the Warriors have been 8-1 ATS in their last nine road games.

I think -9.5 for the Mavs is a lot of points to give up to a hot and confident Warriors team and a Warriors team that was number two in scored points per game. The Warriors are a poor man's SUNS team.

Best of luck to whatever side you are all on tonight.

gl tonight on dallas. i cant lay that kind of chalk anymore in the nba.

take a look at the under in SA.

1. BAR, I can't follow you on the Mavs. The line is inflated, Nellie knows how to beat this team. Hell, he built 'em.

2. That Cake changed his avatar is a crime.

2a. That he changed it from what it was to a homo-erotic photo of Barry Bonds is a crime against humanity.

1. BAR, I can't follow you on the Mavs. The line is inflated, Nellie knows how to beat this team. Hell, he built 'em.

2. That Cake changed his avatar is a crime.

2a. That he changed it from what it was to a homo-erotic photo of Barry Bonds is a crime against humanity.

I can totally understand no one wanting to play the Mavs. Just really feel its the correct play tonight.

Cake is one step away from total banishment:cheers:

Cake is one step away from total banishment

:down:

GL with the picks. The game will decided by whether or not Dal can stop Baron, and whether or not Dirk doesn't fold like a bitch tonight. Hold Baron under 20, and get Dirk over 20.

Cake is one step away from total banishment

:down:

GL with the picks. The game will decided by whether or not Dal can stop Baron, and whether or not Dirk doesn't fold like a bitch tonight. Hold Baron under 20, and get Dirk over 20.

Whats the thumbs down mean?

In all honesty he would be gone if he had used his namecalling against members. When its me, I am a bit more lenient.:shake:

Dallas will get some easier opp's tonight and I expect a better performnce outta the big German.

Whats the thumbs down mean?

In all honesty he would be gone if he had used his namecalling against members. When its me, I am a bit more lenient.:shake:

Dallas will get some easier opp's tonight and I expect a better performnce outta the big German.

I like Cake, but Im not aware of anything he has done since he's been back.

I'm on the Mav's tonight as well. It is a bit scary and GS does seem to have the bit in their teeth. But I'm going with history of the playoffs and how Game 1 home losers come roaring back in Game 2 to redeem themselves. Sure hope that happens tonight.

A lot of discussion in this thread.

I never really said that Dallas would "turn it on"

The second half of the season for GS was nice. Its the same shit they have done for a few years now after the break. This year they happened to make the postseason finally though. They have been a second half team for years.

Golden State did post a 17-5 mark down the stretch. Now, how many of those games were against teams that didn;t really care to win? Quite a few in the last 2 weeks, including the Mavericks.

Golden State is not a good overall defensive team. Yes, they are scrappy. Yes, they can do some unique things. In the overall scheme though they are not a great defensive team. In this author's opinion, not even a good one.

I will say that GSW impressed me because they won an ugly game. Thats a huge credit to them.

Dallas played like shit. The players, the coaches even the crowd support are all to blame in game 1. Acery is a heck of a coach IMO and will make adjustments. I truly think this game could get ugly tonight at some point. I expect a crisp Dallas performance and once they get on top of GS, the game will be over(referring to in second half). If GSW can lead a lot of the game they will play the whole 48. I doubt they will and being down 10-15 sometime in the 4th they will relent and be happy to go home to Oakland with a split. Thats why I am willing to lay the points here. Its also why I added this..

Dallas -9 -110 4 units

GL...I am in the minority tonight and I kinda like it.

Enjoy the games fellas!

Bar
I am with you on Dallas - given the horrible game they played in game 1 and GS lack of D overall this game has the potential to be a 110 - 80 affair. I expect Dallas to score a bunch and lock down GS - if this game is close, Dallas is in trouble. they need to send a message and show game 1 was a fluke.
What is your second favorite play tonight? I am torn b/w Wiz +11.5 and Spurs under. Let me know - thanks

any1 else think its time to hop on BAR tail train? BAR? have u ever had a () playoffs

I doubt it. He's been solid from way back to the covers days. That's why i'm scared of my GSW bet. haha. But by the end of the playoffs, expect that to be in the positive. He'll find some games and hit em hard.

I doubt it. He's been solid from way back to the covers days. That's why i'm scared of my GSW bet. haha. But by the end of the playoffs, expect that to be in the positive. He'll find some games and hit em hard.

10 units is considered pretty hard right?

I agree with you on Dallas BAR. I'm expecting a very sharp and focused performance from the Mavs tonight.

BOL

BAR,

GL with the play tonight on Dallas and Houston tomorrow.

I won't be playing Dallas, but I see a couple things that do point that way...

#1 Dirk should play better. 4/16FG won't happen again @ home.
#2 Mavs will be all over B.Davis tonight. Avery will not let that 11/20FG fly.
#3 Dallas should shoot closer to their average (above 40%).
#4 GSW will be happy to have grabbed 1 on the road - if Dallas is up 15+ into the 4th...

Just my 2 cents,

B.A.R.

Found a really interesting quote from Josh Howard that someone had posted at Covers....check my post in Cafa's thread regarding the Warriors-Mavs matchup. Nice to know your players are aware of the spread huh?

GL dude... I hope that by adding more units here you're not chasing after our Miami debacle last night... I trust that you're not... Still personally shocked by that Miami game... I'm doubling up again in Game 5 at Chicago if it's 2-2 (which I expect it will be)

u gonna ride the heat in a game 5 at chicago after they have shown they cant win there?

why not just ride em in game 3

No chase here. In fact I have tried to play relatively small or not too much here in first 5 days. I regret 2 of the plays so far out of 9. The first week is the hardest of the playoffs. I said last year I wouldn;t ever play the first weekend but I liked a few things. Patience and discipline is always tough.

Either way, I stuck with my plan on Heat and Chicago played harder and had one of their great shooting games in them .All the credit to them.

I am liking Dallas more and more as the game approaches.

As far as my playoffs someone was asking. Since 2001, my bad year was last year. I cleared only about a dime last year. Just wasn't ready forthe changes the NBA implemented(that being the crooked refs in 3 series) but overall was happy after a bad start. The previous 2 years i killed in the playoffs and the other years this decade have been damn solid.

I said going intothis postseason that it would be tough. Its proving so far to be although I have also missed a few gems I regret.

BTW, gonna be spendxing a lot of tonight and tomorrow looking back at some historical data that will relate to games tomorrow. Got lots of notes and some line analysis to go through.

Tsizzle..I'll havce to read that....the Covers jinx has been on fire so I am glad to see Baron on the front page..LOL

I dunno why, but always have the feeling when the people disagree with your play, your play looks even stronger.... lol... gl tonight

Big Al - You been doing anything with the halftimes?

Let me know if you get involved, as my group will make a play when we come to a consensus or if we all make a line that's significantly off from what they come with (side and/or total)...

Get on the AOL and MSN and keep me posted if you're gonna be around...

congrats BAR..loved your call on this game

Dallas got some home calls tonight. Golden St. showed their playoff inexperiencet. i think Dallas will enjoy a different venue and take game 3. the 3-point shooting couldnt get any worse. any thoughts on the rest of this series?

:drinking:

pam%20oliver.gif
pam olivers ass

hahahaha SUpersav.... tremendous cause he wasn't even trying to be funny, he was just telling BC who it was...

I didn't realize how big her ass was... I was thinking she is like fine wine though, only gets better with age. She never looked that good when she first started as a sideline reporter when FOX took the NFL from NBC back in the early to mid-90s...

In all honesty no thoughts..lol

Kobe could go crazy and they could play a fun. tight game. Phoenix could just take it to them as well. No clue honestly. May look to get involved at halftime

Bar, Whats your thoughts on the total in Orlando tonight...Over sticks out to me.

I just put in sodapops thread I like under.

Detroit on road against EC teams generally sets s deliberate tempo. Refer to both games at Amaway center this year. Especially refer to the 4th quarters for ORL.

I will have more on this game in a bit...

Goodluck with the Rockets........I think that if ANYONE can step and be the 3rd scorer and hit some shots we should be okay.

Last game of the regular season in Utah, Juwan Howard and Luther Head played extremely well, so they should feel comfortable there. If both can step up and put 10 points apiece This will be a close game at the end

Back