Tuesday Pucks

Santacapper

Pretty much a regular
4-1 last night. Would think with Brodeur getting the hook it would be good for an over, lol. After looking a little further at the card and doing some reading, I do like a couple.

Totals 26-29-4 -2.50
Sides 18-13 +8.40
YTD 44-42-4 +5.9

Washington Capitals +143

Pavelec getting the start again after 'earning' his first win vs Tampa Bay. I quote earning because he got a nice game to go with Holmqvist letting in 5 of 21 shots he faced on the night, but Pavalec still let in 4 himself. THe Thrashers now throw him in for his first home start on the year faceing Brent Johnson who has fared well vs the Thrashers in his career, 7-2 in 9 career starts and already has a 3-1 victory vs the Thrashers this season. I'm aware the Thrashers are playing 'better' of late, but I think this sets up nicely for a dog play here. Caps have won 4 of 5 vs the Thrashers, Atlanta returns for the first home game Since OCtober 18, a string of 7 straight road games and 8 of 9 roadies. They still only have 1 home win this season, are giving up over 4 goals a night on the season, 3.4 L5, killing penalties under 70% on the season, just over 70% at home, and 75% L5. With this all said i think it's a lot closer than making the Thrashers a -153 fave tonight so I'll take the dog.

NY Rangers / NY Islanders under 5 +115

Where to start? I'll go with the Rangers scoring 0.8 goals a night on the road, 1.7 on the season, 1.8 L5 and on defense allowing 1.57 on the year, 2 on the road, 1.2 L5. They have given up 4 PP goals in their last 45 times a man down. But they still manage 2.86 at home, 2.57 a night on defense at home. Both home / road splits for the PP are hovering aroudn 10% vs pretty good PK units. Add in the under is 12-2 on the year for NYR, 8 straight, 1-4 on the road and I'll look further. The Islanders #'s are a touch skewed towards goals with a couple break down games, particulary Carolina a week and a few days back. Under is 5-0 L5 meetings, with 4 2-1 games. I'l keep riding.

Thats it. NO thoughts on the Leafs game right now, but certainly root for a Leafs win in the Battle of Ontario.

GL everyone:cheers:

Santa :pillow: :D

I don't think you mentioned Brent Johnson (also probable to start) in your writeup, does it change anything for you? Anyways, I have a whole different outlook on this game. One of us will hit and the beer will be on the winner my friend.

:cheers:

GL!

Satyr, you know it buddy. See below:cheers:

Thrashers now throw him in for his first home start on the year faceing Brent Johnson who has fared well vs the Thrashers in his career, 7-2 in 9 career starts and already has a 3-1 victory vs the Thrashers this season

Totally agree that the Thrashers are overpriced (with this goalie especially), but cannot play the Caps right now... GL, one of us will be happy..

Wellwood and Bell in the line up, should be interesting how they fit. Finally a player on the Leafs I actually like in Wellwood.

Your under looks extremely solid. Ricky is just an absolute stopper at Nassau, trying to figure out their offense though.....

BOL Santa.

IMO OTT will drop either this game or the one vs Montreal. TOR being 1-4 of a win doesnt do the thought of backing them any good, thou they have been plenty tough on the road.

good luck tonight!

I think the under play in NY looks solid and it's on my card as well. Lundqvist is playing tonight as well...

Tmike - be interesting to see them and the combos made. Wellwood is pretty good. GL

TS - thanks man. GL

BC - agree, they are certainly tough on the road. Tough to gather which team you'll get from night to night right now though. GL

Cat - thanks, you too. GL

Charvik - no doubt. GL tonight

we got moosed with the Thrash! Fuck. What were the odds that neither of us would hit. I hate when such shit happens, that's a pretty big moose job.

Taking a hit with 0-2 tonight, hoping to get a split in the nubya.

:nailbiting:

Back