Tuesday Nite Foots....C-USA Style.....

FADEMENOW

Pretty much a regular
Had a little time here, so I went and checked out these 2 teams.....

Tulsa..Navy ...won24-23..Navy had 124 more rushing yards
They waxxed N. Texas but who don't this year..28-3
Lost to BYU....49-24...BYU had 145 more rushing yards
Beat somebody...SAUST..WTF.....45-7

SoMiss....Got beat by Florida 34-7....Fla only had 96 more yards of total O
Beat SoLOU..45-0
Beat NCST...37-17...Had 184 more rushing yards..
Beat CFLA....19-14..

Last 3...

OFF
SoMiss 33.7
Tulsa 25.3

Def
SoMiss10.3
Tulsa 25

Seems like the favs cover alot on these week nite games....I'm not buying into the Tulsa hype....whatever that is...I see alot guys got their vote in and most are on Tulsa....MY Play SoMiss +6' to the BANK, Baby!!!!!!

Tulsa rankings in C-USA

No. 1 - preseason rank in the East Division
No. 1 - total defense (274.2 yards a game).
No. 1 - pass defense (111.3 yards a game).
No. 2 - total offense (417.2 yards a game).
No. 2 - scoring offense (31.5 points a game).
No. 3 - passing offense (281.8 yards a game).
No. 4 - scoring defense (20.5 points allowed a game). USM is #1 here.

"Look at the statistics," Southern Miss head coach Jeff Bower said. The Golden Eagles play at Tulsa on Tuesday in a 6:30 p.m. contest televised on ESPN2. "If we don't play better and with some emotion and intensity, we will get embarrassed."

UCF entered last week's game with Southern Miss ranked last in the nation in passing defense and 117th in total defense, allowing 335 passing yards and 464 total yards per game, but held Southern Miss to 184 passing yards and 280 total yards. Southern Miss freshman TB Damion Fletcher came into the game leading C-USA with 127.3 yards per game and had to fight for most of his 109 yards against UCF. The Golden Eagles got most of their points of UCF turnovers, special teams mistakes and missed tackles and need to do a better job of generating their own offense and finishing drives, especially QB Jeremy Young.

Tulsa won 31-17 LY at So Miss & returns the same team 1 yr better.

FADEMENOW said:
Good stuff, jimmyd.....So, can we say SoMiss was in "LOOKAHEAD" mode, LW??????

Not likely, as UCF was the c-usa east division winner last yr. and was expected to better than their showing so far this yr.

Tulsa at home is just the better team. Also note, typically home field has meant squat in most c-usa games in the past, even TU could barely muster a 1000 fans at times. But times have changed with the tue, wed, thur games in prime time. There WILL BE a sizeable crowd at the game on tue, shown on ESPN2. All the idiots want to get on TV, and at last count, 78,000 live here, so a lottery was held to admit the 1st 36,000 and let the real fans fill up the the other 4,000 seats.

And please note my location, I am a bit of a homer, will attend the game, and play TU under a TD. But will try to get all relevant info, plus or minus to everyone. Should be good articles in tomorrows paper.

gl. jimmyd.

Souther MIss looks so tempting here but I hate the +6. Tulsa coming off a BYE week and Tulsa with time to prepare is so damn dangerous. The -7 I first saw was as sharp as the line gets and I wouldn't be shocked to see Tulsa win by 7. If ever the line goes the other way and climbs more than +7 (i doubt it), I am pounding Souther MIss.

Good Luck...im probably going to be a spectator to this game.

Flava, exacto. -7 was the line i capped, hoping for a 4/4.5 or about. didn't happen, was off at the 7, but at the 6, will give a shot at TU under the td.

Southern Miss (3-1) at Tulsa (3-1) 7:30 PM EST ESPN2 Tuesday October 3rd
Why to watch
: ESPN’s Tuesday night offering features what might be a sneak preview of the Conference USA championship game. Coming off last week’s 19-14 win at UCF, Southern Miss looks to be the class of a mediocre Eastern division, while Tulsa is poised to defend its league championship out of a much deeper Western half. Two of the conference’s best defenses will be on display at Skelly Stadium, however, it’ll also be the site of two of its offensive stars, namely Golden Eagle freshman RB Damion Fletcher and Golden Hurricane QB Paul Smith. Tulsa won last year’s meeting in Hattiesburg, 34-17.
Why Southern Miss might win: Since playing Florida in the opener, the Eagles have been stout defensively, holding their last three opponents to just one rushing touchdown, while making a ton of plays for negative yardage. Behind Fletcher’s shifty moves, Southern Miss will be able to run the ball on a Hurricane defense that’s 91st nationally against the run. Yeah, playing Navy skews everyone’s numbers, however, against a veteran BYU line that resembles USM’s, Tulsa got mauled at the point of attack, allowing 227 yards and four touchdowns on the ground.
Why Tulsa might win: One way to beat the Southern Miss defense is with balance. Tulsa has it with the crisp passing of Smith and the running tandem of Brandon Diles and Courtney Tennial that are blending to churn out 417 yards and 32 points a gain. The Eagles are not nearly as diverse, which means more stacked fronts for Fletcher to face. Sporadic Southern Miss QB Jeremy Young scares no one, particularly a Tulsa D that’s No. 2 in the country in pass defense.
Who to watch: Smith is one of the best quarterbacks in the country that absolutely no one outside Conference USA knows about. He’s steady, usually mistake-free and has the quick feet and quick release to escape the Eagle pressure. In four games, Smith has only been sacked twice.
What will happen: While Southern Miss has gotten used to national exposure over the years, a spotlight game on ESPN is a really big deal for Tulsa…and it’ll show in its energy and fan support. The Eagles will hang tough until Smith finds Ryan Bugg for the decisive touchdown.
CFN Prediction: Tulsa 27 ... Southern Miss 20

MistaFlava said:
Souther MIss looks so tempting here but I hate the +6. Tulsa coming off a BYE week and Tulsa with time to prepare is so damn dangerous. The -7 I first saw was as sharp as the line gets and I wouldn't be shocked to see Tulsa win by 7. If ever the line goes the other way and climbs more than +7 (i doubt it), I am pounding Souther MIss.

Good Luck...im probably going to be a spectator to this game.

You stinkin chicken Flava...Buy 2 points and pay the JUICE!! :an_roll_laugh:

Fade, Tulsa didn't drop much from last year's talent and they are tough to beat at home. After watching BYU play this year, that loss to them does no harm in my eyes to still calling them a good football team. That win at Annapolis was impressive considering the fact that Navy is a good team and were playing at home.

Personally, I don't think S. Miss has the personnel to stay with Tulsa. Not that Tulsa is a BIG team, but one of the things that stood out to me watching S. Miss play UCF last week was how small the S. Miss defensive players were. They were having a hard time dragging some of those players down with the ball.

I think Tulsa will win this one by more than a TD and feel very comfortable with my wager.
beer.gif

Got Tulsa -5 and like it a lot. Watched SO. Miss last week and I was far from impressed. Tulsa coming in sporting that 3-1 record with as many have already said, a very good win over a tough Navy team, with a week off to prepare is inititally why I took a look at this side. After a little research, I feel Tulsa should be the first step for me to climb out of the hole I dug last week.

Well, guess I'll be the "LONE STRANGER" on this one.....Ya'll can come in here and congratulate me in the AM:wacka wacka: :wacka wacka: :wacka wacka: :wacka wacka:

I HOPE.........................:drinking:

The better team playing at home and catching less than a TD?? Good helath on S. Piss, boys . . . . . . . .
beerchug.gif

couple hrs b/4 kick off. gotta go get drunked up so we can watch the game, hassle the foe, and screw the cheer leaders. i'll be the guy in the stands wearing blue & gold in a TU ball cap. look for me.

TU -5. GLTY'all on your picks.

jimmyd.

Lot's of good reasoning to be on either team tonite but most seems to be the bad game for SoMiss LW vs C. Florida.....hummmmmmmmmmmmm

I'm gonea grab my favorite bar stool and root for the Golden Eagles.....:drink: :drink: :drink: Just 3?????? nope:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: That should do it.......

BOL, dudes.......:cheers:

Guess I need to wake up before I post:spank: :spank:

Tulsa backers.......I'm going back to bed.....:smiley_acbe:

Back