Tuesday Night MAC Matchup - Ohio @ Temple

Aztec4Life

Montezuma Mesa Survivor
Obviously, the line isn't out yet. But, I figure discussing this early couldn't hurt.

Just looking at this game from a situational standpoint, the Ohio Bobcats (2-5) are in a BAD spot here. This will be their 3rd straight road game, not to mention the Temple Owls (2-5) have a mild revenge angle (lost 23-7 at Ohio last year, and were nearly shut out by the Bobcats).

If this game is even close to a pick'em spread, I might just be crazy enough to take the Owls. Temple's defense actually isn't too shabby this year, and has been quite solid against MAC opponents.

Temple's only giving up an average of 19 points/game. Throw out their only blowout loss against Penn St (45-3), and the defense is quite solid, giving up an average of 15 points/game.

I can't remember the last time Temple had a nationally televised, weeknight game. I would be shocked if the Owls didn't come fired up and ready to play, especially on the defensive side of the ball.

What do you guys think?...

:shake:

Obviously, the line isn't out yet. But, I figure discussing this early couldn't hurt.

Just looking at this game from a situational standpoint, the Ohio Bobcats (2-5) are in a BAD spot here. This will be their 3rd straight road game, not to mention the Temple Owls (2-5) have a mild revenge angle (lost 23-7 at Ohio last year, and were nearly shut out by the Bobcats).

If this game is even close to a pick'em spread, I might just be crazy enough to take the Owls. Temple's defense actually isn't too shabby this year, and has been quite solid against MAC opponents.

Temple's only giving up an average of 19 points/game. Throw out their only blowout loss against Penn St (45-3), and the defense is quite solid, giving up an average of 15 points/game.

I can't remember the last time Temple had a nationally televised, weeknight game. I would be shocked if the Owls didn't come fired up and ready to play, especially on the defensive side of the ball.

What do you guys think?...

Well the line should be small , so it will be a game where you cap to the winner.

Is Dimichelle back for the Owls,Stewart is v poor.
D has been good for the owls,under a possibility depending on the line.

GL :shake:

Im looking forward to this game,Have done my conkers fading the Owls since DiMichelle got injured.A tout opposed them last week and was lucky to be on the winning the side....my big problem being so far away is I hardly ever know much about their opponents (barring psu,who played back ups the entire second half I believe)

I agree w/ Dmoney....I think you'll see Temple in the 3.5 to 4.5 range...My numbers had 5.5 but seems a bit high on the surface considering records and perception..

Besides the spot, Ohio's road games aren't exactly tough trips keep in mind...ten days rest since a roader at Kent..

Kent is just under 4 hrs from Athens, so it's a tank of gas.

I agree w/ Dmoney....I think you'll see Temple in the 3.5 to 4.5 range...My numbers had 5.5 but seems a bit high on the surface considering records and perception..

Besides the spot, Ohio's road games aren't exactly tough trips keep in mind...ten days rest since a roader at Kent..

Kent is just under 4 hrs from Athens, so it's a tank of gas.

Exactly - I also would rate Temple's D the best in the MAC at the current time.

They could be in the MAC race if they got some breaks (and likely would be with DiMichele at the helm). Already with heartbreakers against Buffalo, UConn, and WMU.

Very good spot for Temple IMO and like them to win by 10-14.

Temple coach Al Golden says he’s never prepared for a Tuesday night football game. Heck, there can’t be a lot of coaches who have.

But that’s what the Owls faced this week, with a “bye” of sorts Saturday before they host Ohio in a MAC game next Tuesday.

“It’s a little different than a bye,” Golden told Monday’s MAC media conference call.

It’s different because you can’t take the days off like you usually do in a bye week, can’t give the players time to recover from the first seven games of the season.
With no game the following Saturday, there’s another long break before the Nov. 1 game at Navy.

Strange. But this one has a twist. This time, the few extra days gives the Owls a chance to get their quarterback back.
Ever since Adam DiMichele went down with a shoulder injury last month, Golden has been projecting the hope his starter could use the few extra days before Ohio to get back on the field. Golden said Monday he wasn’t sure what was going to happen but that he was hoping for the best. DiMichele accompanied the team on the last two road trips and was on the sidelines in uniform trying to help his team any way he could.
“It’s going to be close,” Golden said. “He’s going to need every day … we’re very fortunate that he’ll have an opportunity but it’s going to be close.”

Chester Stewart has picked up some valuable playing time with DiMichele out and he has played poorly. But he’s NOT DiMichele, who is the true leader of this football team.
The Owls continue to be “banged up” as they try to get through a season where they easily could be better than their 2-5 record. They now face an Ohio team that comes in with the same 2-5 record. Ohio is 1-2 in the MAC, while Temple has fallen to 1-3 in the conference.
Scouting The Offense: Chester Stewart has done a workmanlike job filling in for Adam DiMichele, but he is not DiMichele, who is the true leader of this team and the main cog in the offense.

With DiMichele out, the Owls have finally developed a running game and it took a player from the defense—Kee-ayre Griffin—to get it going. The running game was invisible before he switched over to offense two games ago.

The Owls are near the bottom of the key offensive categories—100th in passing, 108th in rushing, 115th in total offense and 110th in scoring.

The kicking game remains a disaster as Al Golden looks for an answer, looks for someone to kick a field goal.
Scouting The Defense: Temple doesn’t have a great defense, but the defense isn’t the reason for a 2-5 record.

Defensive end Junior Galette had a huge game last week, his best of the season as Golden wants him to keep getting in better condition.

The Owls are 62nd in the country against the pass, 78th against the run and 72nd in total defense. They are a very respectable 32nd in the country in red zone defense.

Quote To Note: “It’s literally going to have to be a Sunday, Monday call.”—Temple coach Al Golden on whether quarterback Adam DiMichele can make it back for Tuesday night’s game against Ohio.

Strategy And Personnel

THIS WEEK’S GAME: Temple vs. Ohio, Oct. 21—Tuesday night lights? Yep. That’s what you have with the Owls trying to run their record to 3-5 and keep Ohio from doing the same thing.

Players To Watch: QB Chester Stewart—Temple coach Al Golden said Adam DiMichele had started throwing as of early this week but was only up to about 15 yards. Doesn’t that sound like Stewart will have at least SOME role in this game?

RB Kee-ayre Griffin hasn’t injected added life in to the Temple running game; he’s injected the ONLY life.

DE Junior Galette came through with three sacks among his nine tackles in last week’s loss at Central Michigan.

Roster Report:

Temple coach Al Golden doesn’t give injury reports, per se, but did say this week: “Right now we’re a banged-up team. We have been a banged-up team for a majority of the year. We lost a couple of more guys Saturday.”

OL Steve Caputo was lost for the season with a knee injury. Golden said doctors have told him Caputo should be fine for next season.

The Owls continue to look for a field goal K as Jake Brownell returned last week and didn’t get the job done. “We need a kicking game in terms of getting three points and we don’t have that right now,” Golden said. “That’s a big element missing from our equation right now.”

C Alex Derenthal, a Rimington Trophy candidate as the nation’s top center, made his 42nd straight start in the loss at Central Michigan.

The Owls are urging their fans to wear pink to the Oct. 21 home game against Ohio—Owls For The Cure Day as Temple joins the fight against breast cancer. A minimum of 10 percent of ticket sales for the game will go to the Philadelphia affiliate of Susan G. Komen for The Cure and there will be pink everywhere.

Both of these teams haven't played since the 11th, about 10 days, so the situation isn't too big a factor in my opinion.

I put this spread at Temple -2' or -3. I think the Owls deserve to be favored, but not more than HFA due to their injury situation. I thought Temple played very well at MAC favorite CM while Ohio got waxed at WM. DiMichele is still out I think. Both coaches are solid, but the Bobcats are a pretty lousy away dog; definitely would like to give the Owls a look at a near pickem'...anything in the 3 or 4 range I probably pass.

All this is w/o doing much digging on injuries.

I made temple a -2.

Unless we get a completely ridiculous line , i doubt i play this game.

I have a problem with layin gpoints with temple since dimichele went out.

The following season averages dont include saturday so its not accurate but gives an idea.
14 first downs and 301 yards at cmich who gives up 18.5 and 388 respectively.
11 first downs and 294 yards at miamioh who gives up 16.7 and 330 respectively
10 first downs and 194 yards vs wmich ( bad weather though ) who gives up 19.3 and 357 respectively.

Just a very hard team to lay points with in my opinion. 3 first downs a quarter since dimichele went down ???

Also the fg kicker is like 5 of 10 or something like that.

Defense is stout , no doubt... and can give you a turnover ... and Temple has a good return game on special teams.

i will have fun watching unless the line is a joke but i dont think it will be... most likely coming out a -3.

There is always the Tuesday UNDER trend to back . Although we are going to have a real small number here hopefully the defensives are unrecognized by the betting public . Great thread . Havent checked CFB yet but recall Temple being lined fairly strong most games so dont be suprised if Temple comes in stronger then expectations . I couldnt even offer a wild guess well I could but it was just the number that popped in my head immediately when I looked at the teams playing .....Temple -4 WILD GUESS

Ohio vs temple discussion

let's look at this game guys

Ohio at Temple

<!-- button nav --><SCRIPT src="http://assets.espn.go.com/profile/lib/prototype-1.5.1.1-packer.js" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT>Preview Conversation
<!-- end button nav --><LINK href="http://assets.espn.go.com/grail/css/rater_style.css" type=text/css rel=stylesheet>Game Rating:
Average Rating:
<FORM class="stars user-voted" style="FLOAT: left" accept-charset=utf-8 action=# method=get>

</FORM>3.5 / 5.0

Please login to vote.

<SCRIPT src="http://assets.espn.go.com/grail/js/jquery-1.2.6.min.js" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT><SCRIPT src="http://assets.espn.go.com/grail/js/ui/jquery.rating.js" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT><SCRIPT src="http://assets.espn.go.com/grail/js/jsr.js" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT><SCRIPT src="http://assets.espn.go.com/grail/js/rating.stars.js" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT><SCRIPT type=text/javascript>$j(document).ready(function(){ getUserRatings();});</SCRIPT>8:00 PM ET, October 21, 2008
Lincoln Financial Field , Philadelphia , PA

<!-- start Weather --><TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 border=0><TBODY><TR class=gamehead><TD colSpan=3>FORECASTED WEATHER</TD></TR><TR class=colhead><TD class=bi colSpan=3>Forecast for Tuesday, October 21, 2008</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD>Lincoln Financial Field
Philadelphia , PA
Updated: 10/20/08 5:44 PM ET</TD><TD>Lo: 42°F
Hi: 62°F
Precip: 20%</TD><TD align=middle width=55>
65.jpg
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- end Weather -->

<TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=gamehead><TD colSpan=8>Matchup</TD></TR><TR class=colhead align=middle><TD> </TD><TD>W-L</TD><TD>PF</TD><TD>PA</TD><TD>HOME</TD><TD>ROAD</TD><TD>DIV</TD><TD>CONF</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=middle><TD align=left>OHIO</TD><TD>2-5</TD><TD>167</TD><TD>185</TD><TD>1-1</TD><TD>1-4</TD><TD>1-0</TD><TD>1-2</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=middle><TD align=left>TEM</TD><TD>2-5</TD><TD>120</TD><TD>135</TD><TD>0-2</TD><TD>2-3</TD><TD>1-1</TD><TD>1-3</TD></TR><TR class=colhead><TD colSpan=8>· Complete Standings</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=gamehead><TD colSpan=5>Record When Scoring... (Since 2001)</TD></TR><TR class=colhead align=middle><TD align=left> </TD><TD>20 OR MORE</TD><TD>30 OR MORE</TD><TD>40 OR MORE</TD><TD>50 OR MORE</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=middle><TD align=left>OHIO</TD><TD>26-24-0</TD><TD>18-8-0</TD><TD>6-2-0</TD><TD>3-0-0</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=middle><TD align=left>TEM</TD><TD>15-19-0</TD><TD>9-2-0</TD><TD>3-0-0</TD><TD>1-0-0</TD></TR><TR class=colhead align=middle><TD align=left> </TD><TD>LESS THAN 20</TD><TD>LESS THAN 30</TD><TD>LESS THAN 40</TD><TD>LESS THAN 50</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=middle><TD align=left>OHIO</TD><TD>6-34-0</TD><TD>14-50-0</TD><TD>26-56-0</TD><TD>29-58-0</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=middle><TD align=left>TEM</TD><TD>3-51-0</TD><TD>9-68-0</TD><TD>15-70-0</TD><TD>17-70-0</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=gamehead><TD colSpan=3>TEAM AVERAGES & NCAA RANKS</TD></TR><TR class=colhead><TD style="WIDTH: 40px">OFFENSE</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 20px">TM</TD><TD>PER GAME AVERAGE / NCAA RANK</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD style="WIDTH: 40px" rowSpan=2>Total Yards</TD><TD class=bi style="WIDTH: 20px">OHIO</TD><TD noWrap>
388.4 / 54th</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD style="WIDTH: 20px">TEM</TD><TD noWrap>
280.7 / 115th</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow><TD style="WIDTH: 40px" rowSpan=2>Passing Yards</TD><TD class=bi style="WIDTH: 20px">OHIO</TD><TD noWrap>
258.3 / 36th</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow><TD style="WIDTH: 20px">TEM</TD><TD noWrap>
177.6 / 101st</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD style="WIDTH: 40px" rowSpan=2>Rushing Yards</TD><TD class=bi style="WIDTH: 20px">OHIO</TD><TD noWrap>
130.1 / 76th</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD style="WIDTH: 20px">TEM</TD><TD noWrap>
103.1 / 108th</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow><TD style="WIDTH: 40px" rowSpan=2>Points Scored</TD><TD class=bi style="WIDTH: 20px">OHIO</TD><TD noWrap>
23.9 / 80th</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow><TD style="WIDTH: 20px">TEM</TD><TD noWrap>
17.1 / 113th</TD></TR><TR class=colhead><TD colSpan=3>Full Team Stats: Ohio | Temple</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE class=tablehead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #dcdcdc 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #dcdcdc 1px solid; MARGIN: 0px; BORDER-LEFT: #dcdcdc 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #dcdcdc 0px solid" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=gamehead><TD>Individual Leaders</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD style="WIDTH: 50%"><TABLE class=tablehead style="MARGIN: 0px 0px 5px" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=stathead style="BACKGROUND: #006342"><TD colSpan=5>Ohio Passing</TD></TR><TR class=colhead align=right><TD align=left> </TD><TD>CMP%</TD><TD>YDS</TD><TD>TD</TD><TD>INT</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD noWrap align=left>B. Jackson</TD><TD>58.4</TD><TD>1337</TD><TD>9</TD><TD>8</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD noWrap align=left>T. Scott</TD><TD>65.9</TD><TD>247</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>2</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 50%"><TABLE class=tablehead style="MARGIN: 0px 0px 5px" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=stathead style="BACKGROUND: #bc0138"><TD colSpan=5>Temple Passing</TD></TR><TR class=colhead align=right><TD align=left> </TD><TD>CMP%</TD><TD>YDS</TD><TD>TD</TD><TD>INT</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD noWrap align=left>A. DiMichele</TD><TD>60.0</TD><TD>620</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>3</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD noWrap align=left>C. Stewart</TD><TD>50.0</TD><TD>524</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>7</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD style="WIDTH: 50%"><TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=stathead style="BACKGROUND: #006342"><TD colSpan=5>Ohio Rushing</TD></TR><TR class=colhead align=right><TD align=left> </TD><TD>CAR</TD><TD>YDS</TD><TD>AVG</TD><TD>TD</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD noWrap align=left>D. Harden</TD><TD>87</TD><TD>454</TD><TD>5.2</TD><TD>2</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD noWrap align=left>C. Garrett</TD><TD>55</TD><TD>201</TD><TD>3.7</TD><TD>2</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 50%"><TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=stathead style="BACKGROUND: #bc0138"><TD colSpan=5>Temple Rushing</TD></TR><TR class=colhead align=right><TD align=left> </TD><TD>CAR</TD><TD>YDS</TD><TD>AVG</TD><TD>TD</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD noWrap align=left>J. Jones</TD><TD>66</TD><TD>177</TD><TD>2.7</TD><TD>1</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD noWrap align=left>M. Liverpool</TD><TD>40</TD><TD>126</TD><TD>3.2</TD><TD>1</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD style="WIDTH: 50%"><TABLE class=tablehead style="MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=stathead style="BACKGROUND: #006342"><TD colSpan=5>Ohio Receiving</TD></TR><TR class=colhead align=right><TD align=left> </TD><TD>REC</TD><TD>YDS</TD><TD>AVG</TD><TD>TD</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD noWrap align=left>T. Price</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>370</TD><TD>13.7</TD><TD>1</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD noWrap align=left>L. Brazill</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>257</TD><TD>10.7</TD><TD>1</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 50%"><TABLE class=tablehead style="MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=stathead style="BACKGROUND: #bc0138"><TD colSpan=5>Temple Receiving</TD></TR><TR class=colhead align=right><TD align=left> </TD><TD>REC</TD><TD>YDS</TD><TD>AVG</TD><TD>TD</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD noWrap align=left>B. Francis</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>313</TD><TD>13.0</TD><TD>6</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD noWrap align=left>T. Shelton</TD><TD>15</TD><TD>159</TD><TD>10.6</TD><TD>0</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=tablehead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #dcdcdc 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #dcdcdc 0px solid; MARGIN: 0px; BORDER-LEFT: #dcdcdc 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #dcdcdc 1px solid" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=colhead><TD>Full Player Stats: Ohio | Temple</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- begin sp links -->

anything less than -4.5, i would def bet the home team...unfortunately i doubt that we'll get that

-3 brotha :cheers:

SPORTS INSIGHTS 12:39PM EDT
101 Ohio 54%
102 Temple 46%

4570 bets placed

anyone think it could quite possibly drop to 2.5 anytime during the day?

Rushing offense, I see about equal. Rushing defense, advantage Temple here. Held WMU to 120 less yards than Ohio, CMU to 15 yards less. Uconn, and Penn State obviously got a lot of run yards, but the other 5 teams on the schedule, only Buffalo got over 100, by 1 yard!! Bobcats only have held Central Michigan under 100. Pass offense, edge Ohio without Dimechele playing although Ohio isn't a great passing team and with Dimechele I'd say they are nearly even.
Pass defense, edge Temple. Ohio allowed 361 and 341 to CMU and WMU while Temple just allowed 252 and 242.

Ohio at home, expect a run edge for Temple and a pass edge Bobcats. This game will come down to turnovers alot like last week vs. CMU for Temple. Owls won rushing 138-55 lost passing 163-242, lost TO's 1-4 and thus game 14-24.

What is disconcerning for Temple fans is that last week they dominated the run facet. Now usually in that kind of situation, naturally they will have less pass yards becuase their is no reason to pass. They are dominating the line of scrimmage and the game. But the fact is, Temple needed support from the passing attack as it was a tight game, and they only got 163. And they had an avantage of already establishing a balanced rushing attack to set up play action. Stewart, Dimechele's backup, threw 3 picks. He proved he cannot pass when the game is close and the passing attack is essential to win. Central Mich just gave up 471 passing their last outing so that was not a stout pass defense Stewart had to contend with.

On the other hand Temple did win the TO margin by two vs. Miami Ohio and won. Once again won the rush margin lost the pass margin but this time Stewart only threw 1 pick. Not sure in that game they ever got behind and had to rely on Stewart though. Stewart also played vs. WMU, they dominated the run game once again 136-36 but lost pass game 60-252, but that was his first outing I believe. Temple lost the game.

-----I think it's tough to rely on Temple here. They are probably going to win the rush battle, but have proven with Stewart in that even when they dominate that critical battle, they are very capable to lose. So you are relying on Temple to win the TO battle as well. Ohio is at home and I think they stand a better chance at competing in the run game than CMU or WMU did vs. Temple. If Temple gets out to a 10 point lead I think they have a chance although so does Ohio. If Temple gets down early I think it's game over.

Lean temple here as well . As I said temple has been getting strong lines for the most part and guessed correctly at -4 for the open . Expecting people to pile on Ohio U as a value type play .

My biggest issue with temple a team I am not familiar with is the FG kicking . Did they go for 2 pts both times @ CMU because even XP are a worry . beyond having to bypass FG opps .

Like temple's red zone defense and also like the fcat Temple is 0-2 at home searching for the 1st home win playing on TV ....just think temple finds a way to win and does so by about 6 or 7 pts ...

WMU and CMU didnt do much vs Temple's defense and Ohio on the road has shown it can find a way to lose like @ Wyoming ....:cheers:

looks like a good game to throw my freeplay out there, save the bankroll for later in the week

my hands my hand, can't keep my hand, my hands out of the cookie jar----

My hands my hands my hands, cant keep my hands out of the cookie jar--

U assoles are forcing me to bet on this as I can't get my hands, my hands out of the cookie jar

Anyone have an update on DiMichele?

TSN has him listed as probable - updated yesterday: *Quarterback Adam DiMichele (10/20, separated right shoulder) is probable for Tuesday's game against Ohio.

Really liking Temple if QB is a go..............:tiphat:

this is from the temple newspaper.......................................Temple quarterback Adam DiMichele could return tonight. DiMichele, who did not play against Ohio last season after suffering a broken leg against Miami of Ohio the previous week, has missed the last three games because of a shoulder injury suffered Sept. 20, at Penn State.On Thursday, coach Al Golden cited DiMichele's progress at practice but stopped short of saying the senior would definitely play tonight. If it's any indication, DiMichele has been listed as a team captain for the first time since he was sidelined."If he's given the choice, he's going to play," Golden said. "We'll have to make the decision independent of what he wants to do."If DiMichele is not deemed ready, redshirt freshman Chester Stewart will make his fourth start.

I took Ohio at +4, and if DiMichele is healthy and a go I'm in trouble. I'm guessing here early that he's not, and I grabbed +4, don't think I can do better.

I expect this to be a FG game, conservative coaching by the Owls.

Good night to take the lady out for a dinner and a movie.............

not a lot of value in my opinion.

Guys this is the radio station I listen to the Temple games on.Sad but true

LINK

They should have the Dimichele news early Id think....

GL :shake:

Picture-011.gif

Temple QB only did 50% of the reps in practice. He could barely throw 15 yards. Don't you guys think even if he played, he would be worried about his shoulder? Think anything above 3 is even more value for Ohio.

I think I am going to close my eyes and pretend there isn't a game on TV tonight.

I don't understand why people think this game is going to be dog doo-doo. For one, these small MAC games are typically some of the most entertaining and evenly matched games.

Recall Bowling Green and Toledo a few years back, when it was snowing at the Glass Bowl. Just an awesome game. I think it was won by Toledo, either in OT, or on the last play of regulation.

Of course, this won't be nearly as high scoring, but I still expect a good matchup here.

These small schools play just as hard as the big boys, so I'm pumped like it's MNF...and I GUARANTEE you a better game tonight. Last night's was so boring I literally fell asleep watching it...twice. And I have wet dreams about football.

teased temple to +3 and the under at 48.:popcorn::cheers: Should be an interesting night as always.

Temple is doing a "Pink the Linc" tonight..

That doesn't bode well for them..lol

as for OU, they are really beat up...bigtime..they get a DL back but still missing a lot of bodies..

If Dimichele is a go, I'm gonna play the Owls..esp at 3...

OU just can't make enough plays...a ton of talent but too young to win games...Temple hsa the better D...

Waiting on word on the QB though

waiting for the the terp pregame radio show or so...it'll be out by 45 mins before i'm sure...just travel the boards...they have a good rivals site.

JUMP: I know you follow the Bobcats closely, don't you think Boo Jackson is a huge edge at QB?
I only saw the OU/Buckeyes game but was very impressed with his poise and playmaking ability. Also seems like OU's D handled Kent fairly well in last outing and is Temple's offense really any better?
Whoever wins the game could make a run in the weak East, and thought it set up for Bobcats to win a roadie with or without Dimichelle...

I've been having problem logging into SBRlines for the past week, does anyone know another site where I can use that is similar to SBR?

Thanks

temple qb out for the season i read today.. I like Ohio tonight.. at 4 i feel like its t he play, temple doesnt blow teams out, and ohio keeps it tight.. Like the 4 here. and the under

it depends on the the Temple's QB situation but as for the game itself, public got a chance to see Ohio on national tv against Ohio State and Northwestern, getting 4 pts seems like an easy play there IMO.

I was just creeping on the temple scout board, and i guess dimechele got some practice reps this week, but that he had no real zip on the ball and they are worried about his ability to protect himself.. seemed as though they had some hope hed play, but that stewart? would start.

rich-I've been having the same problem with sbr lines it sucks ! Found one that's free but about 5 minutes behind-Madduxsports-you have to refresh but it gives you about 10 books.

Back