Tuesday MLB Discussion

Again, I can only wager $1000 per particular wager, say LOS on ml for a $1000 and then LOS on RL for $1000, etc. etc.

I was wondering if I should parlay LOS and say both ways of the total of any game for that matter plus a straight wager...

TrueBlue, the problem is, the Pittsburgh game won't be over for a while and LA starts in 3 minutes.

This is what I would do.

Let's say PIT wins and the Dodgers are still tied in the 3rd/4th inning. You can put some action on the Dodgers RL, then wait for the Padres to go up (hopefully) and hedge out fully on Dodgers ML.

This is what I would do.

Btw, this is a classic example of why parlays like these suck, if you need to hedge the last game simply don't play it at all.

sportnut...I hope two things...one Pitt hangs on and two that you are very RIGHT!!! Thanks guys for help, I went ahead and hedged with s traight bet on LOS for my risk amount just in case Pitt hangs on to win...Have goo done, I am taking a sleeping pill and keeping my fingers crossed!

btw, lost on pitt the other day by base running blunder by Morgan during Day game...maybe this can equal it all out!

Probably more like the Pitt bullpen...btw, first parlay of the entire baseball season with a little change I won on some first to score props. Thanks for all your help guys!

Just out of curiosity, now that the game has started and I am not panicking for time, what would have been the proper way to hedge that as much as possible?

Just out of curiosity, now that the game has started and I am not panicking for time, what would have been the proper way to hedge that as much as possible?

i mean really no way.. if you could bet on LAD it would be like what 2K to win 1K max bet right... thats the best you could do to guarantee yourself 400 and change or 500 profit.. other than that run line or anything does you no good cuz you could lose both esentially

Don;t have live betting as an option. Sucks!

GL bro. Wish I had an answer for you ...hope you win and wouldnt hedge since you risj is $600 your stuck waiting it out IMO . If you play LAD and Pitt loses and then LAD lost its crushing especially of you made 2 plays on LAD . LAD alone would cost apprx 3600 and if the parlay lost you just went from risking 600 to 4200.....:cheers:

If I as to pick how this series goes, it'd be

- Minny wins 1 game by 2-4 runs where both teams score/Over (6-4/7-5)

- Minny wins a game by 5+ runs where the WS offensive effort is limp/Over (9-2/10-1)

- WS wins a tight 1-2 run game totaling 5-7 runs/Under (3-2/4-3)

1 down, 2 to go.

Yes, I didn't know if say taking LOS and Over 7.5 in a parlay and then LOS and under 7.5, etc. etc. several times??

Thanks Sportsnut! Been a big fan of yours for many years dating back to that other world at the other site. Back in front of computer as my wife has informed me that "No" she will not be changing the 60 inch to baseball...that she bought Sex in the City DVD today and will be watching it...looks like bases for me!

Thanks bro. I actually do remember you from the other place . Nice to see you around . Licking my wounds here after passing on COL 1st score and over 3.5 and over 7 for COL ML and +1.5 . Well plus the whole SD game. Lots of work to be done as I am givin back the earlier profits ...

Rooting for you here !

Thanks bud! FWIW for anyone interested...major unrest in Columbia with the Gamecock football program...papers been hammering Spurrier this week!

I NEED a pair of balls ! I knew that total was sketchy @ Seattle . Have some small plays but never trust myself ...

Good to know about SC .

Have tons of faith in SD but only wish Kouz hit a double in the t3rd !

Thats how I feel opted for RHE UNDER and it got busted when Jr HRed with 2 outs in the T9th!:cheers:

any other Ump in his crew is BHP, and I'm on the Over. There are so few friggin umps whose presence alone won't allow me to bet Over, and he had to show up there tonight.

Prince you dog you! I knew when I was watching it on SPortsline.com and saw they threw him two balls , I said...don't give him something to hit...he will hit it out. Sure enough! Oh well, hate to say it but guess I have to pull for Dodgers now. I bet they lose and this whole hedge thing will come back to bite me!

Congrats ! :cheers:

thanks SN :cheers:

got mega lucky with Brewers RL, should've taken a loss there. Also got lucky with Philly RL as Hampton got the nod instead of Reyes but the Phills weren't up for it and I doubt they would have covered against Reyes either...

nailed Minny ML & RL and Tampa -1 game 1

good day. :cheers:

and a great month so far

If Only I get a miracle with SD +1.5 would be a great evening . However that seems unlikely since they cant get 1 damn big hit !

1 down, 2 to go.

thinking we see your 1st stated option tomorrow.

Leaning over, no leans on the sides.

One interesting trend though.

MIN game 2 after a win 18-11
CWS game 2 after a loss 7-14

Blackburn good at home but terrible both of late and against CWS
Buehrle good this month but terrible on the road and against MIN

Over seems a bit too easy with the total sitting at 9.

Still looking at it.

thinking we see your 1st stated option tomorrow.

Leaning over, no leans on the sides.

One interesting trend though.

MIN game 2 after a win 18-11
CWS game 2 after a loss 7-14

Blackburn good at home but terrible both of late and against CWS
Buehrle good this month but terrible on the road and against MIN

Over seems a bit too easy with the total sitting at 9.

Still looking at it.

Home team in the series in 2008 is 13-3 , how come no one mentioned that ? I would have rode Twinkies with you guys today !

Twins won 11 straight at home facing a LHSP since losing 5-1 in IL to Manny Parra . All season 17-4 at home vs LHSP losing because they didnt hit . Shutout by Saunders in the opening series 1-0 , shutout by Cliff Lee in April losing 4-0 and also 3-2 to Olson of Baltimore !!

17-4 at home vs LHSP !! :shake:

Back