Tuesday MLB Discussion

Steed: For the record I am a life long Reds fan. The Reds were mediocre at best with Griffey & Dunn, but when they let them go & basically got absolutely no help now in return guys, the towel for this season was once again thrown in by ownership , much like the A's situation. Very hard for players with less talent to form good attitude when ownership quits.

3 and 4 in his last 7 giving up 71 hits, 36 earned runs, 29 base on balls, and 31 strike outs..hardly impressive, sure he had an impressive outing last time against the RS, but it still ended in a loss... in 2008 he is 1-1 with a 4.63 era, his career stats against the red sox are 2-10 with a 6.81era..hardly impressive for me..mix that with dice k 1-1 against the orioles with a 5.17 era and add in the over trend with balitmore(care of bc)..the runs should come in.....so yes, i think that danny isn't all that..just my $0.02

Ok, you make some valid points concerning Cabrera. (He had a ND win this year against the RS, so I count that him 2-1.) However, did you look up Matsuzaka's record vs Baltimore last year! He is 0-2 getting shelled both starts!

Remember, Drew is doutful and Manny and Lowell are gone! All three of these guys have really hurt Cabrera, so with them out I'll bet my money and take my chances...and that is my $.02 :smiley_acbe:

Ok, you make some valid points concerning Cabrera. (He had a ND win this year against the RS, so I count that him 2-1.) However, did you look up Matsuzaka's record vs Baltimore last year! He is 0-2 getting shelled both starts!

Remember, Drew is doutful and Manny and Lowell are gone! All three of these guys have really hurt Cabrera, so with them out I'll bet my money and take my chances...and that is my $.02 :smiley_acbe:
my points all refer to the over, as we we were talking about the total and how it was fluke last night..mind you ortiz was missing from that line up you're talking about in the ND i believe..and big papi, is well big papi..none the less, good health on your side play, i'm on the over 9 total here..

would like to point out that James Shields has HUGE revenge against the Angels today. Last time at Angels Stadium, Maddon almost got thrown out because of arguing a potentially inning inning strike that caused Shields to get mentally down and proceed to load the bases and give up earned runs after his exit. He meanwhile sat in the dugout and threw his hands in the air when the RP after him was given a similar location pitch as a strike. He took the loss for that game. It's got to be a bitter taste left in his mouth that he tries to get rid of tonight...

I like santana with his nice k-rate and velocity, but Shield's splits at home and undeniable revenge are too good to go against here.. I'd really consider an angels TT under or Tampa bet today.

would like to point out that James Shields has HUGE revenge against the Angels today. Last time at Angels Stadium, Maddon almost got thrown out because of arguing a potentially inning inning strike that caused Shields to get mentally down and proceed to load the bases and give up earned runs after his exit. He meanwhile sat in the dugout and threw his hands in the air when the RP after him was given a similar location pitch as a strike. He took the loss for that game. It's got to be a bitter taste left in his mouth that he tries to get rid of tonight...

great info

Cardinals RL +105- Snell gets crushed by the Redbirds frequently. STL needs these gimme games against teams like the Pirates.

Dodgers RL/ML

Jays ML/RL

LAA/TB Under

Steed: For the record I am a life long Reds fan. The Reds were mediocre at best with Griffey & Dunn, but when they let them go & basically got absolutely no help now in return guys, the towel for this season was once again thrown in by ownership , much like the A's situation. Very hard for players with less talent to form good attitude when ownership quits.
You're right on the money. I've been to Great American several times and my best friend just got drafted by the Reds this year. Up here in Columbus we get Tribe and Reds games, and I watch them both religiously (even though I hate Cinci sports). I love watching Phillips and Cueto and Volquez and all these guys, but offensively they have NOTHING but Phillips...and I mean nothing. Everyone else is so hit or miss it is disgusting. I'm not a fan of the team, but I want them to win since they are in the NL and from Ohio. You were right, they didnt have much when the big dogs were there, but now they are just at the complete bottom omf the barrel.

In addition to having Kulpa BHP in Milwaukee, check out Moehler's O/U stats:

In his 14 night starts this season, Houston is 13-0-1 to the Under.

In his 8 road starts, Houston is 7-0-1 to the Under.

Gonna see what they're doing with the roof before playing the Under.

Last edited:
Tampa Bay is 12-1 in home games started by Shields. The lone loss was a 2:1 defeat to the Yankees behind a stellar outing from Mike Mussina. Shields is personally 7-1 with a 2.21 ERA and 0.93 WHIP. I think the oddsmakers have overreacted, at least initially, to the loss of Crawford and Longoria. The Rays have one of the deepest teams in the league (something management focused on in the off season) and have shown all season long players can fill the void. Fantastic price on the best home team in the league.

Tampa Bay -103

Looper has been outstanding in his last 4 starts (@ FLA, @ CHC, vs. PHI, @ ATL), giving up only 2 runs in 7 innings each start (2.57 ERA, 0.89 WHIP). He has struck out 16 while walking only 4. Snell has went 6 innings his last 2 starts, but has walked the tightrope as he has issued 8 walks in those 2 starts. It was more of a product of CIN and PHI being unable to capitalize in the key moments. Snell has been lit up by the Cardinals this year, and I highly doubt this LaRussa team will take the Pirates lightly as they are battling for a playoff spot. The Pirates are 22-38 on the road and since Jason Bay and Xavier Nady were traded, they are 0-6 on the +1.5 run line in their road losses.

St. Louis -1.5 +100

Last edited:
Tampa Bay is 12-1 in home games started by Shields. The lone loss was a 2:1 defeat to the Yankees behind a stellar outing from Mike Mussina. Shields is personally 7-1 with a 2.21 ERA and 0.93 WHIP. I think the oddsmakers have overreacted, at least initially, to the loss of Crawford and Longoria. The Rays have one of the deepest teams in the league (something management focused on in the off season) and have shown all season long players can fill the void. Fantastic price on the best home team in the league.

Tampa Bay -103

Looper has been outstanding in his last 4 starts (@ FLA, @ CHC, vs. PHI, @ ATL), giving up only 2 runs in 7 innings each start (2.57 ERA, 0.89 WHIP). He has struck out 16 while walking only 4. Snell has went 6 innings his last 2 starts, but has walked the tightrope as he has issued 8 walks in those 2 starts. It was more of a product of CIN and PHI being unable to capitalize in the key moments. Snell has been lit up by the Cardinals this year, and I highly doubt this LaRussa team will take the Pirates lightly as they are battling for a playoff spot. The Pirates are 22-38 on the road and since Jason Bay and Xavier Nady were traded, they are 0-6 on the +1.5 run line in their road losses.

St. Louis -1.5 +100

:shake:

If you didn't know the Cardinals pitching was bad....

Check their Starting pitchers ERA since the All star break..

Bullpen weaknesses have been corrected for the most part..

Not the best pitching in the league but definately in the top half..

Someone talk me off of Minnesota runline. Thanks

Did you watch their sorry asses last night?:hang:

Per Satyr in a PM to me earlier:

"Imagine if someone had told us Duchsch would only last for 3 innings and you would get Saarloos as a long reliever before we see Embree, Street and Ziegler?

I would have said "WHERE DO I SIGN UP for the BIGGEST BET OF THE SEASON "

Couldn't have said it better... Do they bounce back? Personally I am not chasing them..

Burnett/Toronto is 4-0 vs the Yanks the last 2 seasons, having pitched 16.1 innings at home for 13 baserunners & 3 ERs surrendered (WHIP 0.80, ERA 1.65). His dominance over them extends further back, but thats the time frame I take most interest in.

Toronto has 1 loss in 6 games, a loss that was clearly a throwaway effort.

Rasner has given up 25 ERs his last 35 IP (6.43 ERA). He put in, on paper, an passable effort in Toronto earlier this season (5 IP for 3 ERs) until you realise Toronto scored 4 runs in the 1st (2 triples as XB hits) but Litsch in turn (via a couple of errors) had 8 of the 10 baserunners he gave up score inside the 1st 3 Yankee innings, momentum which obviously swamped the BJs psychologically so they didn't again score off Rasner.

New York has 1 win in regulation innings over their last 9 games.

Are the Yankees paying enough in light of these facts?

Burnett has done well vs the yanks recently, but that was without Nady and Pudge. Plus Hideki may return tonite.

Jays have been playing better since the return of big vern, but the yanks with matsui back are stacked.

Did you watch their sorry asses last night?:hang:

Per Satyr in a PM to me earlier:

"Imagine if someone had told us Duchsch would only last for 3 innings and you would get Saarloos as a long reliever before we see Embree, Street and Ziegler?

Couldn't have said it better... Do they bounce back? Personally I am not chasing them..

yep :cheers:

I'm not kidding really

Gimme Saarloos from the 3rd inning on and Minnesota at the Dome and THAT price and I'm in for the biggest bet of the year.

I think they bounce back btw. Love your boys too

:cheers:

you and satyr successfully talked me off of it... thanks

Short on time do my best to quick comment-

Looking at Boston and Under . Probably even lay -1.5 RL .

Cabrera has shown ALOT of improvement IMO vs Boston in 07 and 08 . BC and I had a mini discussion last nite and I just dont see what Boston has improved on besides beating on a bad OAK team which they didnt even do in an impressive fashion outside of when Eveland started and Texas who was sending out not yet ready for primetime pitchers . Just about every solid SP they have faced has kept them in check now add Lowell's recent loss and Drew's absence to the mix. Ortiz still has wrist issues and he had 3 hrs and 9 rbi vs Texas and most in 1 1st inning which leaves 1 rbi the rest of the week. Youk and Pedroia have grown into very solid hitters . Lowrie has done a much better job offensively then his predecesors . Bay IMO finally after 16 games contribituted last night and in a big way 2hr 4 rbi. Nice avg but little substance IMO with 1 Hr 12 rbi in his 1st 15 games. Alot of key hitters are missing in Boston . I do agree that Boston has improved since dealing Manny because pretrade thete were about to crumble so they have gotten back on track but thats not improvement to me . Just like there swoon wasnt reality to me.

Dice-K causes me concern when he is on normal rest . His intial debut back from the DL was on normal rest after a rehab assignment but the other 2 efforts after that on normal rest were solid.

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg3 vAlign=center align=right height=15><TD align=left>Away</TD><TD align=right>6</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>2.04</TD><TD align=right>9</TD><TD align=right>9</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>53.0</TD><TD align=right>29</TD><TD align=right>13</TD><TD align=right>12</TD><TD align=right>2</TD><TD align=right>2</TD><TD align=right>30</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>44</TD><TD align=right>5</TD><TD align=right>1</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>1</TD><TD align=right>.159</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg3 vAlign=center align=right height=15><TD align=left>Night</TD><TD align=right>9</TD><TD align=right>1</TD><TD align=right>2.51</TD><TD align=right>15</TD><TD align=right>15</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>89.2</TD><TD align=right>60</TD><TD align=right>26</TD><TD align=right>25</TD><TD align=right>5</TD><TD align=right>3</TD><TD align=right>50</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>67</TD><TD align=right>9</TD><TD align=right>3</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>2</TD><TD align=right>.192</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=15><TD align=left>5 Days Rest</TD><TD align=right>6</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>2.81</TD><TD align=right>9</TD><TD align=right>9</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>51.1</TD><TD align=right>42</TD><TD align=right>17</TD><TD align=right>16</TD><TD align=right>1</TD><TD align=right>1</TD><TD align=right>38</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>38</TD><TD align=right>8</TD><TD align=right>2</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>3</TD><TD align=right>.225</TD></TR><TR class=bg3 vAlign=center align=right height=15><TD align=left>> 5 Days Rest</TD><TD align=right>8</TD><TD align=right>2</TD><TD align=right>2.62</TD><TD align=right>11</TD><TD align=right>11</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>65.1</TD><TD align=right>47</TD><TD align=right>21</TD><TD align=right>19</TD><TD align=right>6</TD><TD align=right>3</TD><TD align=right>29</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>59</TD><TD align=right>2</TD><TD align=right>3</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>.203</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Those are some strong numbers IMO . Now his extended rest numbers are actually much better but they include his STL start because of the DL stint but really he had techinally thrown a minor league start on Monday (STL game SAT afternoon) . So keep that in mind . His big issue is command on normal rest ...

In 9 starts since the STL game just 12 runs allowed and I believe half came in the top 6th vs LAA which he was pitching well in and winning .

BALTs lineup vs Dice K is 6-40 and he has been very good in 2 of 3 career starts and the other was shelled late 2007.

Both SP pitched very well yesterday . Why in the world other then just a tired ass PEN is Rocky CHerry continually pitching in key spots ? I knew the Balt was depleted but why not use Johnson there ? Granted he didnt pitch well and maybe I am missing some sort of injury be he hadnt pitched in a few days . Same goes for Boston pen . He went with Delcarmen who is struggling and probably wouldnt go here . Papaelbon allowed 1 run in 20 inn vs Balt but allowed a key hit yesterday in the 8th amd has pitched consecutive days. neither worry me cause he wont pitch the 8th today and he had lots of rest lately because of the blowout wins by Boston...

Cabrera POOR splits indivually bs Boston . He always did well vs Prti and Manny though . Not sure of lineups but we could see Cora over Lowrie , Drew and Lowell are out ....Pedroia is the guy hitting well who hits Cabrera well. Some have limited atbats as well.......

Most of Balt offense off bad pens or bad SPs... 3vs lester , 3 vs Verlander , Carmona was good for 6 inninsg allowing 2 runs then fell apart in the 7th , Reyes 2 runs in 6 innings and Pen allowed 4 in teh top 9th of a 2-1 game, Sowers solid 6+ inn 4 runs and like Carmona started falling aaprt in the 7th allowing 2 runs , 4 runs in 7 inn vs Ervin , Garland lost 3-0 , 1 or 2 runs vs Saunders , etc......

Just expect a 5-3 or 4-2 game here ........Boston wins .....and if Sox lose I will be back on them tmrw when they face Waters .......:cheers:

yep :cheers:

I'm not kidding really

Gimme Saarloos from the 3rd inning on and Minnesota at the Dome and THAT price and I'm in for the biggest bet of the year.

I think they bounce back btw. Love your boys too

:cheers:

Well talk about this game later but I will disagree here with you on guys . Not a good spot at all for Minny IMO yesterday ...thats for later ...:shake:

I feel like Cabrera gives up a run every 1st inning he pitches... plus with the way the O's been hittin in the early part of the line up might have to hit YES for the 1st innning run scored. -115 at 5Dimes.. just moved to -125 as im typin this. fuck

No it was not. Minn pitcher on bad rest and a strong Oakland starting pitcher and 2 of the best relief pitchers in baseball rested and waiting behind him after Oakland had been blasted at home. How mush worse could it have been?

No it was not. Minn pitcher on bad rest and a strong Oakland starting pitcher and 2 of the best relief pitchers in baseball rested and waiting behind him after Oakland had been blasted at home. How mush worse could it have been?

Price was high, that's all I said. It wasn't Blackburn's bad rest nor Duchscherer's prowess that made Minnesota lose, it was their ineptitude at the plate, being impatient and unable to feast off Saarloos, Embree and Street (Ziegler is tough so I'm not saying anything about that). Sick things are happening these days, and I'm referring to LAA squandering a runners on corners, 1 out situation to tie the game up in Cleveland on Sunday and similar situations...

But anyways, I laid 1 run (not 1.5, but 1) for a price of 2.10 with MIN last night.

For a team that is 25-6 in last 31 home games against a team that is 5-23 in last 28 overall, and MIN playing quite well even WITH Morneau hitting .182 this month against a team without any pop whatsoever (Ellis did homer last night though), Cust is hitting .220 on the season, Frank Thomas is useless, Eric Chavez is on DL all season long, they have several scrubs playing field and batting...

I know you guys don't like too obvious things but these aren't obvious, these are fundamentals.

and 2.10?

Again, I understand if someone had said "don't fade Duchscherer, he's a beast forget his last 3 sub par starts)", but the guy LEFT THE GAME in the third inning, Minnesota is up against Kirk Saarloos, a TRIPLE A CALL UP pitching for 3 innings, the guy records 8 outs on 24 pitches or something like that.

They did nothing and it was their choke not Oakland's great performance.

The price is key for me Tuck. 2.10 in that situation and even ML @ ~1.74 was too high in my book.

If you think the opposite, what's stopping you from pulling the trigger on Oakland tonight, same two lineups and at least you get a legitimate starter who is supposed to last more than 2.2 IP.

Except the Oakland pitcher is a victim tonight. Their bull pen is much weaker after yesterday. I like the Minn starter better and Oakland is off the win and Minn the loss which is why I posted Minn back before it climbed to the sky.

I feel like Cabrera gives up a run every 1st inning he pitches... plus with the way the O's been hittin in the early part of the line up might have to hit YES for the 1st innning run scored. -115 at 5Dimes.. just moved to -125 as im typin this. fuck
:smiley_acbe:
1st and 3rd NO OUT

7PM

Passed on Philly game .
Couldnt play the Mets ML site was dowm.

KC ML smaller +1.5 play , Under 9 KC

Boston ML (no RL) , small under 9 +110 and small under 5 1st 5 inn

Yanks ML and +1.5 , over 9 ( Burnett power pitcher on long rest is not good usually , high ERA when getting more then 5 days in 2008 , Yank lineup back to health and for his outsanding last few outing vs NY his indivual splits arent impressive vs the hitters , and roof open ...Rasner was well plus jays pen bit shorthande dif Downs Yank killer is unavailable, oh and Burnett after huge hot streak slowing down past few outings )

TB ML - Shields at home and now 42-10 for TB L52 at home. Even money I can be wrong and not worry ......

Just hit 2 small props as I was typing Yanks 1st score and Boston 1st score ...

Still working on 8 PM starts ......:cheers:

Price was high, that's all I said. It wasn't Blackburn's bad rest nor Duchscherer's prowess that made Minnesota lose, it was their ineptitude at the plate, being impatient and unable to feast off Saarloos, Embree and Street (Ziegler is tough so I'm not saying anything about that). Sick things are happening these days, and I'm referring to LAA squandering a runners on corners, 1 out situation to tie the game up in Cleveland on Sunday and similar situations...

But anyways, I laid 1 run (not 1.5, but 1) for a price of 2.10 with MIN last night.

For a team that is 25-6 in last 31 home games against a team that is 5-23 in last 28 overall, and MIN playing quite well even WITH Morneau hitting .182 this month against a team without any pop whatsoever (Ellis did homer last night though), Cust is hitting .220 on the season, Frank Thomas is useless, Eric Chavez is on DL all season long, they have several scrubs playing field and batting...

I know you guys don't like too obvious things but these aren't obvious, these are fundamentals.

and 2.10?

Again, I understand if someone had said "don't fade Duchscherer, he's a beast forget his last 3 sub par starts)", but the guy LEFT THE GAME in the third inning, Minnesota is up against Kirk Saarloos, a TRIPLE A CALL UP pitching for 3 innings, the guy records 8 outs on 24 pitches or something like that.

They did nothing and it was their choke not Oakland's great performance.

The price is key for me Tuck. 2.10 in that situation and even ML @ ~1.74 was too high in my book.

If you think the opposite, what's stopping you from pulling the trigger on Oakland tonight, same two lineups and at least you get a legitimate starter who is supposed to last more than 2.2 IP.

Thanks Satyr . Before I read your above statement here is my take . Doing it so you get my point before I see yours and then we can argue (lol).

Few key reasons why I dont feel Twinkies was a good play yesterday and this is just for future reference for anyone.

Take the whole series at a glance - Oak has lost something like 10 straight series playing a team on a tear at home. So sort of likely they lose this one as well. With Gallagher going on Tuesday vs Slowly feel this game has lopsided written on it . Gallagher missed a start with shoulder issues and came back couldnt throw strikes . So he is a big question mark and then Slowley pitched one heck of a game vs the Yanks his last outing and would expect since he is still home to keep that form . The next game is Braden vs Liriano . Simply based on respected teams records vs LHP ...Twins are something cray like 13-1 vs LHP since like May and I'll check that for the accurate stat while Oak has like a 4-12 mark scoring 3 or less in like 12 of the 16 . So again clear edge to Twinkies plus they roughed up Liriano earlier...So while JD had regressed some of late he is still there best option. While Blackburn even with his success at home wasnt in any better spot then his Twins mates would be the next days ...so SP matchups OAK had the best chance here and price was abit high ....Blacknurn and Slowley worth simliar IMO but huge difference bewteen JS and Gallagher ...felt -130 Minny was the correct spread

Second part is Oak has been in a funk but mostly because of clutch hitting . They hadnt played poorly at home in any of the games before SUnday and probably should have won all of them . They either WON or LOST by 1 run the previous 5 games so it was kinda inevitable they were due for a bad day IMO. They are off an embarrasing game . Twins main success at home is vs LHSP so vs solid RHs is when I would look to fade them. They actually bounced on SEA opening a huge lead but had to real scuffle to win that game . So in 1 sense they were actually off a tough win. Also Twins had been winning at home but didnt see them as playing well . mentioned the SUN game and the same thing happen on Sat where they blew a nice lead and had to rally in b8th , Yanks series before they seemed to win on the NY ineptness more then anything ....so in some ways they were ripe for a loss and tough to see it Tuesday or Wed so best chance was Monday on paper ......

Just something I pay attention to is how series setup ...Not that teams pick and choose when to win but you can almost grasp when it will happen . Certain games teams cant afford to lose and certain games if they lose they have nice edges coming up.......

really nothing more then that ...:shake:Now I will read your point of view :cheers:

Intersting to see how Galarragga does vs his former organization . Leyland already told him its High School shit f he is looking for "revenge" ...

Intersting to see how Galarragga does vs his former organization . Leyland already told him its High School shit f he is looking for "revenge" ...

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=15><TD align=left>5 Days Rest</TD><TD align=right>7</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>1.97</TD><TD align=right>12</TD><TD align=right>12</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>77.2</TD><TD align=right>58</TD><TD align=right>22</TD><TD align=right>17</TD><TD align=right>5</TD><TD align=right>2</TD><TD align=right>22</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>53</TD><TD align=right>4</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>1</TD><TD align=right>.201</TD></TR><TR class=bg3 vAlign=center align=right height=15><TD align=left>> 5 Days Rest</TD><TD align=right>3</TD><TD align=right>4</TD><TD align=right>4.96</TD><TD align=right>9</TD><TD align=right>8</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>49.0</TD><TD align=right>50</TD><TD align=right>31</TD><TD align=right>27</TD><TD align=right>9</TD><TD align=right>1</TD><TD align=right>22</TD><TD align=right>2</TD><TD align=right>33</TD><TD align=right>2</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>2</TD><TD align=right>.258</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Situationally looks good for a nice effort .....:cheers:

Tried hard to see a reason SD would have some value but cantr find one .

Davis on extra rest has his best splits and Davis vs SD has been very solid past few seasons. Not to mention the near No NO last time out .

Giles and Gonzo 9-55 career vs him 2 doubles , 2 rbi 2bbs and 9Ks

Kouz 3-13
Hairston 3-7 2hrs
Headley 2-6 ...will be key

Iguchi has struggled vs LHP for couple years now....not much from C and SS for SD

ARI w/o Drew and Hudson up the middle but still solid core lineup in the middle . pens basically even ...

Davis L5 vs SD
Last 5 v.SDP 4-1 35.1 24 9 9 13 29 3 2.29 63
2008-07-29 @SDP W 7.2 2 0 0 2 8 0 124 81
2008-07-05 SDP L 8 7 3 3 1 7 2 122 62
2007-09-04 SDP W 7 6 1 1 5 5 0 115 61
2007-08-30 @SDP W 6.2 4 3 3 2 7 0 113 59
2007-07-13 SDP W 6 5 2 2 3 2 1 98 53

L10 games SD faced 5 LHSP went 0-5 and some good ones but 3@ Johan , 3 @ Rusch , 1vs CC , 0 vs Moyer and 1 vs Hamels..prior to this homestand last time they were shutout by Zito and Davis at home , last win 3-1 @ Pitt vs maholm when the pen blew the game vs Peavy ...1run in 8 inn vs Maholm

have to play Zona ML (look at RL but alot of 1 run losses when they face LHP)...:cheers:

TB ML - Shields at home and now 42-10 for TB L52 at home. Even money I can be wrong and not worry ......
happy we won this one - gotta love this team. shields got 2 big strikeouts on upton and floyd but willie aybar (who normally wouldn't play with longoria healthy) came through for us. rays have shields number this year and they never seem to surrender.

nut

thoughts on Kuroda and Roxs?

the asian i believe has horrid numbers in brief history against rox
somethng like 0-2 over 10 era

and roxs have done well against pre-Manny team lately

kuroda's numbers at home are filthy, would not fade him. actually looking to fade a horrible road team in the rockies and jimenez has struggled mightily his last 2 starts. LAD or nothing

i mean jimenez got lit up by the nats and struggled against arizona

but honestly, who knows?

i won tampa bay earlier but i also have the cardinals -1.5. pittsburgh has scored only 1 run on 2 hits yet the cardinals can't get anything off snell so far

Thinking UNDER @ LAD ...Neither SP has good success really vs opponent .

Kuroda though faced COL when he was more inconsistent IMO. Now 3 straight impressive starts . Jimenez went crazy for ahile just straight dealing start after start home or away . Then he had the bad start vs Wash which came when he finally got knocked off his every 5th day routine. Another less then stellar outing his last time out . Now usually when SP struggle for a few starts I like to see some extra rest provided . Something I stated before Volzquez started @ Pitt . So I think Jimenez could be primed to get back on a roll again .

Thing is LAD lineup just looks so good . Even take Manny out and I love LADs team .

So looking at 1st 5 inn UNDER , Game UNDER but might just say FUCK it and play LAD ML and COL +1.5 RL .....fully expect a 1 run game here but go heavier on COL +1.5 feel for the risk its safer then LAD ML but do think LAD wins if that makes any sense......

BOL

happy we won this one - gotta love this team. shields got 2 big strikeouts on upton and floyd but willie aybar (who normally wouldn't play with longoria healthy) came through for us. rays have shields number this year and they never seem to surrender.

Aybar did well filling in for Pena as well Huge Asset . I knew he was gonna get a hit . Paying loose attention to it saw Floyd K . Said if Aybar is hitting 5th again today LAA is toast . HUGE fuck up by Scioscia to not pull Oliver there . Aybar SPLITS are wide vs rh and LH . I know his fall back is Oliver has pitched very well of late but there is a reason why guys like him never become stars and that is they never get the big outs or make big plays . Think Arrendondo should have been used and even Speir is better then Oliver in that spot just to turn him around but not sure who was available either .......:cheers:

42-10 now 43-10 @home and they are Pk .....how could you pass when the world isnt lining up to play that ....like they were King Felix ..........

Took 8 innings but the mets were so CHEAP today ...pissed I missed that .....STL and DET wakeup please....

the more i look a that lad lineup man

they are stacked now...everyone is batting where they should since manny leveled out the team

if they get their pitchin set up...they r gonna make a run in the NL

the more i look a that lad lineup man

they are stacked now...everyone is batting where they should since manny leveled out the team

if they get their pitchin set up...they r gonna make a run in the NL

They started getting healthy and like u said manny just puts the young guys in there place . Either and kemp good young hitters as is Loney who gets more attention in my eyes. Russell Martin , etc.....

Not crazy about there pen with there closer going done but its still decent ....I think they are better then the Mets and STL even Milw but time will tell...Cubs still top dog in the NL...

And i do fairly strong that COL +1.5 is a good play. I know people prefer ML dogs but just like the Yankee game I tend to know when its best to opt for more +1.5 then RL ....just my side of it...Kuroda facing just 2 Col LHBs ...:cheers:

I want to play the FLA Marlins but bit scared as well . Like that UNDER alot especially 1st 5 inn ...

Put it this way I am fairly certain HOME TEAMS outscore AWAY teams today so what the score is all day bewteen the two heading into the late games is key IMO....

Back