Tuesday MLB Discussion

Brandon Phillips 2 run homer on Karstens, first ERs as a Pirate. Welcome to the big leagues, young man.

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg2 vAlign=top><TD width=347>Youkilis struck out looking.</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=top><TD>Ortiz homered to center, Drew and Pedroia scored.</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=top><TD>Pedroia reached on an infield single, Cash scored, Drew to second.</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=top><TD>Drew singled to right, Lowrie scored, Cash to third advancing on throw.</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=top><TD>Cash walked.</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=top><TD>Crisp flied out to center.</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=top><TD>Lowrie doubled to deep left center, Lowell and Bay scored.</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=top><TD>Lowell stole third Bay to second.</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=top><TD>Bay safe at first on 3rd baseman Vazquez´s fielding error, Lowell to second.</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=top><TD>Lowell singled to center.</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=top><TD>Youkilis struck out swinging.</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=top><TD>Ortiz homered to right, Drew and Pedroia scored.</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=top><TD>Pedroia singled to center, Drew to second.</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=top><TD>Drew walked.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Reds are 1-9 since Griffey left & now Dunn is gone, who is left that scares any pitcher?

Phillips and Votto then Encarnacion and Bruce are solid hitters . To be honest I would LOVE to face a guy like Adam Dunn . Big deal if he gets a hold of one its gonna go 450 feet . He overswings at every pitch and if you locate well he is an easy out 85% of the time...Really Pitts lineup is any better on paper ?

They are a bad team no doubt . I just dont ever believe a team doesnt play to win though .

Liked the spot and if your not on Pitt root for me ! :cheers:

I can't remember for sure because I looked at it early this morning, but Oswalt hasn't given up a run in the first for like 4 starts, right? I probably won't play it (-140), but my perception is that he's pitched well the last 3 weeks. I might have to go back and re-evaluate a bit

Those above where his past 3 starts off the DL . Which he did allow 3 runs in the 1st vs Cincy but since that was his 1st outing off the DL I kinda excuse it , since 2 scoreless 1st but last time he had bases loaded 2 out and escaped. I dont think he has pitched well and has been fortunate to win those games . I actually used his so-so outings as the reason to play SF here ....

One great situation to play a PROP is 1st inn YES Score when there is a SP making his ML debut. Two things tend to happen. The SP is nervous and struggles or could just be bad and struggles or the team look sto get some early runs on the board so he can relax. Played it small @ Boston but damn 10-0 !!!

and TrueBlue ...I would hope you liked the over but I thought 11 was kinda high.............:shake:

Of Note that when Lincecum has started with Wolf behind the plate :

He won 1-0 @ Oak vs JDuch
He won 4-2 at home last season (May2007) vs Roy Oswalt himself as a small home pup...

Pretty good when he has allowed 3 runs in 2 starts with Wolf

Gibson @ Minny:
13-6 for home favs and 1-5 for home dogs ...Yanks are road chalk ...and home pups 9-12 2 previous seasons

Nice work on Cin SN :cheers:

Thanks Tim. Nice to have a smooth one. Looks like Det and now SF are really gonna fuck up a nice start . If SF loses now along with DET they will bust 2 parlays and along with ML plays be a $600 swing ....need COL as well ...otherwise happy ...:shake::cheers:

High colonic in the Yankee game, fuck....

And then we cant even hit reyes and now joe nathan is in
:hang:

You and I know firsthand about dannys reyes.... piece of shit:hang::hang:
Was glad when we finally shipped his ass out of baltimore

shoulda brought in veras but instead we had to bring in mo in the 8th and definitely paid for it.

now we have to play bullpen wars with a much deeper pen

My thoughts exactly....

Girardi is managing scared (Yanks are playing scared) . If your willing to have Mo pitch 2 innings then just let him start the 8th. To much of this one mistake and your pulled shit makes the reliever to tight . Like if they arent perfect they are out of the game . Twins pen is real solid at home but still prefer the Yanks pen over just about anyone's in baseball . They have had some real bad days but 85% of the time they are unhittable. His love affair with marte who has been worse then Edwar or Roberston ever was (Veras as well) is baffling . This is like Joe Torre 101 of managing . Fall in love with said reliever and keep using him over and over again even when its obvious to the world he is NOT the right move.....

And a big FUCK you to Jarrod Washburn who blew my 1st 5 inn play on SEA with a3-0 lead to start the 5th. Though in his defense an error was kinda of huge after a leadoff solo Hr .

I am king of the LOSE the medium plays and win the small ones .....at least tonight .....:shake:

I'll be suprised if the Yanks pull this out . Kinda thought they might be flat yesterday and when the stranded 1st and 3rd in the 2nd inning the life was sucked right out of them. Everett hits the inevitable 2 run Hr in teh 2nd and its game , set , match. Now you "Beat" the Yanks automatic closer who had zero blown saves.....gotta think they are whipped mentally but I am hoping !

lmao now they bring in veras

its a little late!!!

lol at girardi bringing in the setup man after the closer....

Why do I continue to wager on shitty teams like Colorado?

But then again, I wager on TB, whose definately not a shitty team, and they're getting beat by the A's, who are a shitty team...

Said it a few times but watching Pudge call a game I understand why he has a reputation of being poor at handling pitchers . He is terrible and most of what LAA did IMO falls on his shoulders . Allow a good team some momentum and its done in a blink....Molina has been really good at handling the Yankee staff and calling the games IMO.

Just another one of those days .....what I pass on wins , what I play small wins , what I have some risk on looks good and then implodes in a blink.....over and over .....

still got a shot in minny... hopefully

veras got out morneau and fucking delmon young (who has singlehandedly beat us tonight) and ruiz out in 8 pitches. pretty impressive

Another costly error for me @ SD...Pods +1.5 RL need some huge help...4-2 is fine but now 5-2 still batting

Have to love that Giambi and Jeter are also out of the lineup...

and that damon (main offensive spark tonight) had to come up with betemit and molina in front of him so an auto-two outs....

and of course damon gets on base but now no jeter. sexson:hang:

i got mugged on a sea ml, damn, not happy after sf blowed the damn lead, being moosed all week long

I give up ....

Sea leads 3-0 in the b5th blows teh 1st 5 line , now 4-3 b8th just need 2 outs and 4 runs .....

Back