Tuesday Hoops with Handy

handy

Pretty much a regular
Hi there,

Welcome to Tuesday Hoops with Handy. First off congratulations to all the MLK Day winners. I know it was one of those days which depending on the lines you bought it was the difference between winning, losing and even pushing your wager. Yes, I'm talking about the Jazz/Wash and Mia/LAL. Two very good games.

Anyways, it's time to talk a little about Tuesday's games.

Well it's certainly a short card but there is a game which I'm concentrating on for sure. That would be the Mavs and Rockets. All I know is anytime you can get a rested Tracy McGrady and the Houston Rockets getting more than a couple of three point possessions you need to take a hard look at making that bet. He's the best player in the NBA when it comes to road performances. I'm not making this up. This is a fact and Jeff Van Gundy on numerous occasions has discussed T-Mac's brilliance on the road. Yes, it's tough betting against Dallas at home but I believe the Rockets are somewhat live in this game.

Orlando at New Orleans - Well I'm not taking the Hornets regardless of the line. I just don't like this team and I'm certainly not laying 6.5 on the road with the Magic. The Magic are just so up and down when it comes to their consistency.

Cleveland at Seattle - Well a couple weeks ago I had the guts to take the Cavs +5.5 at Milwaukee when the Cavs were well rested. Yes, they won that game outright but what I'm getting at is the Cavs have been money on the road when they're rested. Ever since that game at Milwaukee which the Cavs were dogged they began to turn the corner on the road. I backed them last week at Sacramento and I would hate to go against them tonight but I say buyer beware. Laying points with this team on the road has been a prescription for a lose all season. I'm simply passing on this game.

Finally I love the Pitt Panthers to beat the UConn Huskies tonight. My problem is I hate laying chalk and I have no confidence that I have any idea what their margin of victory might be. Anyways, what I'm getting at is Pitt might be one good team to involve in a ML parlay.

That's it for now and as always your thoughts are welcome.

Good luck and as always life is dandy being a cross sports capper named Handy!!

Id like to check Seattle's home dog numbers. Its pretty good i believe. Cleveland is coming off that big win in Clipper land.

GL tomm fella

Cakeoff,

There is no way I'm betting the Magic to win that game on the road. It's rarely easy winning on the road and I can just picture getting screwed taking the Magic in Oklahoma City. That crowd is a college atmosphere which is why the Hornets can play ok even when short handed in that building. Very dangerous bet tomorrow night regarldless of the outcome.

I'm not interested in buying Seattle. Yeah, they could probably win that game tonight but if they lose and don't cover I'm going to feel like such a schmuck for making that bet on an awful team. However, this games has trouble written all over it for the Cavs. Don't ask me why but I just think the score will swing back and forth like a pendulum.

The bet of the night is probably the Houston Rockets. C'mon you're getting at least 7 points with a Rockets team which plays defense. This could be a low scoring game and 7 points could turn out to be a lot. I think Houston is live in this game considering they're going to have a real battle the following night at home vs. the Suns. I simply don't see them beating the Suns Wednesday night at Houston playing without rest. That's going to be a tall task playing Dallas and Phoenix back to back. My guess is they come to play tonight and likely get beat Wednesday.

Like it H .. Love Houston when they're catching points .. The one thing with the Rockets is you know they won't beat themselves .. This group seems to play tough consistent basketball whenver, wherever .. :shake:

Yeah, for the past couple years I've been making nice cash taking T-Mac plus the points when rested on the road. I'm hoping it continues tonight. I'm on that game for sure.

Good luck and as always life is dandy being an NBA capper named Handy!!

gotta luv getting 7.5 pts wit a houston rockets team playing well and showed lot of heart by not quitting on the road vs Min (who are playing well) down 9 heading into the 4th Q and forcing it to OT but lost by 4 and then travel to Chicago (a great home team) down @ half by 10 easily coulda folded and taken the loss but no they battle back and won the game after beating Denver in a dog fight they travel next day travel to SAC (5th game in 7 days ) go to OT and end up winning
this team is playing great doesnt turnover the ball much they play D and do not quit where most teams in the league probably would hard not to like getting 7.5

Watch the Rockets will win this game outright. It won't surprise me one bit.

All right fellas I'm done for today.

It's going to be another winning night in Handyland on Tuesday.

Good luck and as always life is dandy being an NBA capper named Handy!!

Handy,

Welcome to the site.

I just wanted to let you know that we're glad you're posting here, and...I do like the Rockets bet an awful lot. GL to us tonight, bro!

Yes, I'm glad to have found a new home. I've been making money on Houston for the past couple years getting points and this team is a great live dog when rested.

Life is dandy when you're capping the game like Handy!!

Very well said Handy.
I feel sorry to myself if not taking Hou plus more than 3 possessions here.
They are well coached and play discipline.
As for other I tease NO,HOU ,SEA and PIT for extra bet.
Thanks for your writing and GL to you.

Tranxyz,

I love Houston but I can't give you any insight on your teaser teams. I for one believe teasing NBA and NCAAB is just a bad bet since there really are no key numbers in basketball. I also don't believe in buying points so I would never buy points in a football game despite people thinking it's worth the money. I believe over time it's a really bad losing strategy to spend the extra money buying 1/2 points. Just my opinion but I've done the math on this and it simply doesn't work. Every time you buy a half point and don't need the 1/2 point you either win less or lose more. That's the case simply because if you pay -130 for 3.5 and don't need the 3.5 then the extra 20 cents in juice should've resulted in you winning more or losing less had you played the posted line.

That's all.

Good luck and as always life is dandy when you're "Capping the game" with Handy!!

I got your thought.
I rarely buy points in football
I only play 4 teams 10 points super tease sometime in a season and tonite I play only a unit compare to 5 on HOU.

be yourself in here...everybody talks sports, not the bullshit...

nore more handy crap...lol,

talk about the games and you will always be welcome here...everybody on this site is full of class

Handy,
great to see you here. Followed you at the other site and you are one of the great cappers and with the other great ones here, you will be an asset. Any idea on where the money is coming in right now in the Hous-Dal game? Thanks and BOL this evening

Handy,

I think the Rockets are definitely the play tonight. I'll probably put a small amount on the money line as well.

I think it's time to start considering the unpopular home dogs in college hoops. I'm looking at Utah and South Carolina for tonight.

billivy said:

talk about the games and you will always be welcome here...everybody on this site is full of class

WORD.

Again, here's to a profitable stay Handy. :beer:

billivy said:

That's Dandy!

It looks like a lot of people from covers.com are coming over here.

Wildcat, Billivy, Handy, Killa, Tightwad. Glad to see you guys. I look forward to discussing games with all of you. You all are very intelligent and I respect your opinions.

Wildcatt,

Good to see you here too. Where is Hustle? I think he has the link but I'm not 100% sure. Get the hell away from those idiots who bring good people down over there.

Anyways, I'm in on the Rockets tonight. Scary how many of us like them. T-Mac to the Rack as the Rockets TV play by play man would say. I don't even know who their broadcaster is.

I don't know much about either college basketball game tonight so I'm staying away but South Carolina is probably a decent bet at home catching a touchdown.

Good luck and as always life is dandy when you're "Capping the Game" like Handy!!

Handy,

Next time I see Hustle around I'll let him know.

I think I'll take a small chance on South Carolina just to make myself feel smart if it hits. I still haven't won a bet since Pinnacle shut down by the way.

Tracy McGrady is one of the most dominant players in the NBA. I've been talking about this for the past few years and so many think I'm crazy when I tell them I would rather have the ball in his hands at the end of the game over anyone in the game today. He's just money especially on the road. He scores 20 in the first quarter.

I love the Rockets tonight.

Life is dandy being an NBA capper.

Wow,

Houston +8 second half. WTF? Houston should be favored in this game. I want to bet more on Houston but I won't. It's not a good deal when you already own 7.5 and +280.

I'm quite surprised by this number.

Not sure, Handy might know the totals for this year. Off the top of my head it's been hitting 65-70% this year, there were two on Monday afternoon, Utah and Sacramento and Utah only hit if you had the hook and didn't waste money on the money line like I did.

Philly isn't a Wounded Bear tomorrow night. They were dogged at Charlotte the other day.

The bet is Utah plus what ever points you can get. At least that's what I think. This Houston game sucked.

Dallas are the best team in the league they easily dominated the Rockets when they wanted to

I don't know what the record is for the wounded bear but it's certainly not at 65%. I'm guessing it's hovering around 58-60 and that's not including if you played the ML's too.

Wow, a basher was booted immediately, I like this site soooooo much better than the one I just came from, just good cappers sharing their thoughts without the b.s.

Looking forward to one game this week. Thursday night Lakers at Dallas. I have only one contact who plays in "the league", and I know for a fact that they are looking forward to putting a good beating on the Lakers, especially since his former team beat him a week ago (hint). I also know that the chemistry on that Dallas team is unbelievable on and off the court, if only they did not go out clubbing the second they landed the night before the game maybe they would of been a little sharper last week. I know you don't like laying big chalk Handy, but keep an eye on Dallas.

Remember some of these big city teams have a bigger home advantage than you think when they are playing on a Sat. or Sun. These visiting teams love to come into town and go straight to the clubs on a Friday or Saturday night, much different than being stuck in Utah or Minnesota compared to Los Angeles, Miami, or New York.

Handy,

I'm King Midas in reverse right now. Every bet I touch instantly turns to shit.

According to what I'm looking at, Philly was laying 3 vs. Charlotte the other night, but it could be wrong.

I think I need a long break.

Wildcatt,

You have it backwards. The Bobcats were 3/3.5 in that game. The line did open at Pinny at Phi -1 then went to -2 before someone hammered it and forced the books to move it to Cha -3. I wouldn't call the 76ers wounded. In fact they're wounded every night. This team sucks and I'm certainly not looking for reasons to bet them. You who is struggling definately shouldn't be looking to put your money on another team which is likely to lose any game they play. I'm not saying that to be mean but rather 100% honest. The last thing I like to do when things aren't going well is to take a real gamble on a crap team. That's usually a losing streak extender. What do you think of the Jazz tomorrow night? McDyss and Billups are likely out but the good news is they might have C. Webb. God does he suck. I think Utah finally breaks their losing streak with a nice win at Detroit.

Have you left that shit hole over there for good or are you still going to continue posting?

Hollywood,

You're right about that. I've was preaching that a month ago at the other joint when the Mavs were playing the second of a back to back at NJ after losing in Washington. I simply said that the Mavs might not be focused simply because they might have spent their time partying and enjoying NYC. Of course, some idiot bashed me and continues to bash me for saying that since the Mavs killed the Nets. I totally believe the Mavs were out partying in LA the night before on a Saturday night.

It's nice to see they ban the assholes real quick. I'm sure there are going to be a bunch floating through since I've moved here. For what ever reason there are a lot of people who like to bash me because I post winning % plays. I don't get it. If anything they should spend their time betting the games I play rather than laughing at the ones I lose. All I believe is that most gamblers lose and they're obviously angry because of it. It's sad and I really wish these people would get help instead of wasting their time throwing sticks and stones at me.

Good luck and think about the Jazz Wednesday night. I think they have a strong chance of getting this game.

Hollywood,

You're right about that. I've was preaching that a month ago at the other joint when the Mavs were playing the second of a back to back at NJ after losing in Washington. I simply said that the Mavs might not be focused simply because they might have spent their time partying and enjoying NYC. Of course, some idiot bashed me and continues to bash me for saying that since the Mavs killed the Nets. I totally believe the Mavs were out partying in LA the night before on a Saturday night.

It's nice to see they ban the assholes real quick. I'm sure there are going to be a bunch floating through since I've moved here. For what ever reason there are a lot of people who like to bash me because I post winning % plays. I don't get it. If anything they should spend their time betting the games I play rather than laughing at the ones I lose. All I believe is that most gamblers lose and they're obviously angry because of it. It's sad and I really wish these people would get help instead of wasting their time throwing sticks and stones at me.

Good luck and think about the Jazz Wednesday night. I think they have a strong chance of getting this game.

Why in the hell did C Webb choose number 84, anybody know the significance of it, is that the highest numbered jersey in the league.

Why in the hell did C Webb choose number 84, anybody know the significance of it, is that the highest numbered jersey in the league.

Back