Tuesday Hoops with Handy

Waiting to see what the line is going to be on that Jazz game, any predictions on it? Yeah, all the bashing gets so damn annoying, just want to read some good banter on basketball and handicapping the game. You saved my ass many times calling out the sucker bets, I backed out of a lot of losing bets because of it and never once took offense to the word "sucker bet", just glad I saved my money.

As far as the extra home-court advantage for the big city teams, I get in arguments all the time about it, people wonder how its an advantage for the home team when they were probably out partying as well. My response, much different being on the road and away from your wife to get out and enjoy the nightlife and the women, believe me, 90% of these players take full advantage of it.

Hollywood,

I learned a long time ago the hard way that making the sucker bets will do nothing but destroy your bankroll. Yes, you may win a bunch of them in a row but the bottom line is laying points on the road in the NBA is very dicey. It was just last night that someone on this site told me I should parlay the Magic with the Pitt Panthers on the ML. My response was that's probably way too dicey of a bet to make on the Magic. Sure enough they lost the game outright. It would've really been a nightmare had I made that bet.

Did you go by the name Hollywood over there? I don't remember most posters names unless I interact with you all the time. There are just too many.

I'm hoping this site will be better as I got to the point months ago that I couldn't stand posting there anymore. I just enjoyed interacting with some but the majority of those over there are so brain dead it's unbelievable. I guess I know I'm right about that since very few are members for very long.

You know looking back at the 1/2 time line on the Mavs game the sucker bet was the Rockets. Think about it Dallas was laying 8 points for the half in a game which they were favored by 7.5/8 to win. A true second half line would've been Dallas -4 to -6 not -8. I didn't bet the halftime line but you could just tell the books thought the Mavs were still likely to win this one and that game was a see saw battle until T-Mac hit those two three's to end the half.

Well I will be online off an on for the next couple of hours. I'm going to watch a little of the Australian Open.

Good luck

Handy!!

Handy,

No, used the name kidd333, did not post much on that site, just felt it was kind of worthless, the penalty box thing was the biggest joke I have ever seen, they banned me today and I still don't know the reason why and really dont give a shit.

Also going to take a close look at the Spurs tomorrow, started fading the Lakers the last 3 games, think they have not covered 4 games straight (althought they did get a lucky push in some places against Miami). Looks they are going to be a public underdog tomorrow. The problem I have is that they have pretty much brought their game every night, much to Phil Jacksons credit, and they play to the last second, they have had some miraculous comebacks this year, not really comfortable laying 8.5 even though the Spurs are coming off a loss and should bring their A game tomorrow.

Anyways, I am out for the night. Look forward to sharing some of my thoughts here on the new site without all the drama. Good luck with the tennis, you have got to find a way to Claycourt over here, although he seems to have really lost it when he found out Pinnacle was closing. I'm out.

Yeah, I really would like to get clay over here. I'm not sure how I'm going to do it but I'm sure it will happen sooner or later. That guy knows his tennis.

Trust me, he's still betting. I can tell by his posts. I think he's just afraid that he's going to wake up one morning and his online book is going to be out and he will be out his money. He might be right about that.

I know your covers user name very well. I never did anything over there to get banned. I can make the case that anything I've ever said or done shouldn't have boxed me either. I can think of a lot worse than creating a thread about how bad a bet the Lakers were last week.

Oh well.

Good luck

Handy

He's a member here but hasn't been around for a long time. I'll send him an email.
<table class="tborder" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr align="center"><td class="alt1Active" id="u140" align="left">claycourtlesson Tailgater
</td> <td class="alt2">07-30-2006</td> <td class="alt1">1</td> <td class="alt2">07-30-2006</td> <td class="alt1"> </td> <td class="alt2"> </td></tr></tbody></table>

Hollywood said:
Why in the hell did C Webb choose number 84, anybody know the significance of it, is that the highest numbered jersey in the league.

Perhaps it's a reflection of the way the dude plays...like he's 84 years old, lol.

Back