Tuesday Discussion Thread

Desclafani has pitched 7/8 to Posey, he seems to rest every 3 games which would line up with last game of each series but would be an important bat to miss. I don't see who's backing Castillo here so i want to make sure we don't miss the + sign

Others who we might miss in the lineup are Crawford (4 straight starts), Yaz but not sure he matters that much and Longoria didn't start today

Rogers hasn't pitched b3b yet this year and since he's gone 4 of 5 i'll guess again that he's not available tomorrow

I got the Jays series @ 1.80. I get Ryu, Stripling and Matz against Rodriguez, Ricahrds and Pivetta. Jays win the series they should leapfrog into first. No better time to get up for a series

Trout likely out tomorrow. Will find out about severity of calf strain after evaluations tomorrow

that always swings the line. LAA lineup a bit more stable with Rendon back, but it's pretty much Ohtani alone on an island

I got the Jays series @ 1.80. I get Ryu, Stripling and Matz against Rodriguez, Ricahrds and Pivetta. Jays win the series they should leapfrog into first. No better time to get up for a series

Stripling yikes

and laying juice too. Richards has shown it in the past and looks like he's been a ton better after a rocky start to the season. Ryu is a bigger fave than i expected today

i guess kudos to @gsro for avoiding homer bets for 1.5 months, it was a good run

correction, sweep and you're in first, win series and you're a game back half a game

and laying juice too. Richards has shown it in the past and looks like he's been a ton better after a rocky start to the season. Ryu is a bigger fave than i expected today

i guess kudos to @gsro for avoiding homer bets for 1.5 months, it was a good run
LOL,my allegiance is to money, but i'm getting their top 2 pitchers in form against a Boston team overachieving inclusive of PIvetta. fun fact, I've faded them and have lost this year sadly.

Bookmaker looked like they had a rogue +116 on Plesac available but that's cuz the site is down. Everybody else around +103

Bluejays have to show me a bit more here..who is ryu to be laying anytype of number..here..over is the play without looking at lineups..

Bluejays have to show me a bit more here..who is ryu to be laying anytype of number..here..over is the play without looking at lineups..

well that's silly you need to look at lineups to go over 9 with two decent starters and bullpens that have been getting outs. Price isn't that big on ERod either

Plesac off 4 good starts in a row bouncing back from two very bad ones, bullpen behind him looks fully available. Same can't be said for Heaney with consistency never being his strong suit including two opposite starts vs HOU where he was great and then also poor just this season. Control seems to be his biggest issue, if he has that he's in good shape but hard to guess whether he will or not. My notes for the umpire Adam Hamari tonight:

Adam Hamari: likes down, “normally a big strikezone, but not today (2020 COVID playoffs quarterfinal)” -broadcaster

A good zone can help Heaney a bunch, 6ip 0r 3:1 K/BB ratio sounds like a pitch-to-contact night whenever Heaney pitched in front of him in 2015. Long time ago, but Heaney could use a big zone for his breaking stuff and I have always felt that Hamari likes to call strikes ever since he got called up from AAA. Plesac on the other side has a great fastball and would seem to be the better pick if a tight zone was in place, but I'm not sure that's happening tonight.

So ump looks good for Heaney, and he'll get a weak CLE lineup. LAA may be without Trout, which swings lines and would be a big issue for the length of the lineup since it's Ohtani and Rendon then a lot of replacement-level players. CLE lineup isn't out yet, but last night went with a lineup that has some decent threats in it. Nothing like the power LAA has, but should have something similar vs another LHP.

Number keeps falling, which suggests no Trout after leaving in the 1st last night. LAA bullpen has seen b2b appearances from Cishek (3 in 4), Iglesias, Mayers, Watson (3 in 4), and newly-acquired Strickland. That makes me wonder who is available, though Iglesias worked b3b just last week. None of the others have this year for LAA

Not pleased that the + sign just disappeared as i was typing this, but no Trout would probably mean this line falls even further before first pitch to CLE closing the favorite. Trying to decide what my buy point is on CLE, but as a road favorite i probably pass

Ryu back from the IL has two wins, one he was not great @ OAK and one @ ATL he was. He started 4/20 @ BOS and was not very good, though that was the start before he left early and went on the shelf so not sure what to say there. He only went 5 and threw 83 pitches before being removed allowing 4r and only 2 Ks. Somehow he did not face BOS last season, but went 7ip 2r (0 ER) 6:1 K/BB @ Fenway in 2019 while a member of the Dodgers. Looks like they're still in Dunedin for tonight so he'll want to avoid contact to try and keep the ball in the yard.

No game yesterday means both bullpens are fresh, much needed for Romano who went 3 in 4. He seems to be the most important reliever, though there's still a lot of talent on the IL. Chatwood as the 8th inning guy is scary, especially being the favorite against a BOS team who has played well and have some good arms going tonight.

Entering the year i thought about fading rusty ERod off his myocarditis and missing all of 2020, but there haven't been a ton of opportunities to do it. He was great beating Ryu on 4/20, and allowed 3ER or less in his first 4 starts before having some trouble in 2 of his last three. He's never been able to offer a ton of length, but can at times and the bullpen behind him is pretty strong. Whitlock seems to be used for 2 IP more than just one, but he's been great and could take a piece of that 7th inning role as Andriese and Hernandez don't seem like solutions there. Sawamura maybe, though he's been more of an early reliever if a starter hasn't gone deep. It doesn't appear that ERod's enemy known as "reaching the 7th" is as big of a deal considering the back end of the bullpen with much more trustworthy arms than Toronto has.

No lineups yet, but both are potent and should make the park look small. TOR is R heavy, so is BOS and we have two southpaws tonight. BOS bullpen very RHP and what exists in the TOR pen is also that side. Ryu with reverse splits, though L show a little more power. Similar goes for ERod, though even more drastic splits and more power from the far fewer L he's faced in his career.

So current price is 46% chance for BOS to win this with a tight SP matchup that probably favors Ryu plus last AB. I'm not sure i buy the TOR lineup just yet, still think they struggle to work counts and then there's the glaring mismatch in the bullpen. We'll see how deep Ryu can get, though he has not reached 100 pitches once this season. That can't be coincidence after 7 starts, though ERod has not hit the century-mark either. Less of a problem with a better bullpen, but still something to consider.

2019 one QS at home and one bad start on the road in Toronto for ERod, with all the young bats i'm not sure it makes too much sense to look further back and maybe not even so much at 2019.

Two horse race. Vald jr and ohtani? If I can find a good price, I’ll bet ohtani. He can do something that no one in MLB can do, hit 40 HR/15 SB/10 W/ 3.5ERA
According to manager Luis Rojas, Pillar said that if he wasn't having vision problems as a result of the hit-by-pitch, he'd have been fighting to get into Tuesday's lineup.
"I feel good. I feel real good, actually. Despite not looking so good, I feel as close to normal as possible," Pillar said. "The only tough thing is [that] my right eye is suffering from a little bit of swelling, and I can't really breathe out of my nose. But besides that I feel good, and I feel lucky and excited to get on this recovery and get back to what I love doing."

Back