TuesDay Bases

bloodhound

Sniffing out wins
got my loses back from Sunday nite fiasco going 14-12-0 +2.80 now +0.20 ytd

Tues
once again, mostly half unit play
951 Atlanta Braves* +122 vs Miami Marlins x half
951 Atlanta Braves/Miami Marlins* Under 7½ -150 x half
Atlanta i Now in full rebuilding mode and I was pleasantly surprised at the Braves play in their 1st game .....but still highly pissed at the way management is going about rebuilding my Braves. While some trdes were needed, Atlanta following an off season of roster upheaval made another blockbuster trade Sunday. They shipped All-Star closer Kimbrel(one of my fav) and outfielder Melvin Upton(good job getting rid of M Upton and surprised to see they found a buyer) to the Padres in a six-player swap. That concluded a busy off season by new president of baseball operations John Hart, and for the present time, fuck U mr Hart, who restocked the farm system by trading outfielder Justin Upton (San Diego), and brother of Melvin, and power bat Gattis (Houston) (another of my fav) in separate deals that netted Atlanta seven prospects. Outfielder Jason Heyward(my biggest favorite) was also dealt, going to St. Louis in a deal that brought back a young arm in Shelby Miller and another prospect.
I like todays matchup with Wood and Latos. And I like the Under in all of the Braves games as they will have to continue to play 'small ball' until they can find some offense. I actually like both of these for one U but I still need lots of #s before I start throwing ones around on basically a new tm

953 St. Louis Cardinals* +108 vs Chicago Cubs x half
953 St. Louis Cardinals/Chicago Cubs* Over 6 -132 x half
maybe pulling this one out my ass as I am fading the Cubbies until I can see that they can play baseball. My old friend Jason Heyward from the Braves had three hits in his St. Louis debut and I believe he has another good day. Lynn gets the call in today and he has had left hip flexor strain limited him to four spring starts. Lynn made just one start in 2014 against the Cubs and took a no-decision, allowing two earned in six innings.I am not a big Lynn fan but the 6’5 right-hander last season decided to use less of his spotty off-speed pitches and instead focused on getting more movement on his two or four-seam fastballs and lowered his ERA by more than a run to 2.74. Lynn is part of the reason St. Louis seldom gets off to rocky starts. Arrieta goes for Chicago. He was 1-0 with a 1.21 ERA in four starts last year vs. the Cards.The Cards are 1-4 in Lynn’s past five on the road. Chicago is 4-0 in Arrieta’s past four at home. St. Louis is 7-3 in Lynn’s past 10 vs. the Cubs. I dont put a lot of confidence in last yrs #s but early season one needs more to go on than just a 'feeling'...again, these would normally be one U plays but I am trying to make WiretoWire proud of the ole hound by showing some $$ restraint early on this yr...hell, beer $$ is still beer $$ LOL :)

955 Colorado Rockies* +133 vs Milwaukee Brewers x half
955 Colorado Rockies/Milwaukee Brewers* Under 9 -160 x half
lost both plays here on Mon and not the least impressed with the BrewCrew. Yes, I know one game does not make a season but I still have opinions... but they sure looked bad in game one. Last season the Brewers led the NL Central much of yr before a late season crash that left the team barely over .500. The 96-win 2011 season seems like a long time ago and the pitching staff for the Brewers will be banking on another big season from the erratic Peralta as well as Fiers and youngster Nelson. Ryan Braun did not resemble his MVP past last season and while the outfield looks promising, the infield for Milwaukee will struggle. Lohse and Garza will need to have great seasons to keep Milwaukee in the mix as the rotation does not have a lot of fall back options. The bullpen could be respectable but the psyche of this squad after last year’s slide is certainly a question as well.”
Playing the side that impressed me and hoping bot SP keep the runs in chk for the total

let me get this one in before it changes on me

991 Away Runs Today/Home Runs Today* Under 61 -110 x1

oops, just read a mail from a new capper here asking why I play so many games?? Again, its just my style of trying to beat the man and it makes me dig into each game and makes me a better overall capper imo...I know some disagree....its just what I do.
So I dont have to reply to those others by individual mails, here are some suggestions

Is playing the 'field' the best thing for most cappers, No!!
Here is what may be a better style for some/most.Be very cautious and wait for only the best opportunities....But it still takes time and old fashion hardwork. Look for tms swinging a hot bat or who have a starting pitcher in a nice early groove There aren’t a lot of these situations in the first few weeks, so it’s important to be patient and only get your coin in when it makes sense.It’s a long season and there will be plenty of chances to find good plays through the season. Be patient and pay close attention to which teams seem to be in mid-season form early on. Wait for teams to go through the rotation once. Even in that small amount of time, you can gather a lot of information not only about the starters, but also the pen, the closers, fielding and hitting and the team itself. I have said before that spring training games are mostly completely different from reg season. About the only thing I gather for this is if a pitcher/player seems to have an injury and is trying to play thru it at the start of the season and is not at full strength.And maybe has a certain pitcher/player shown significant improvement but still U have to remember the lineup is is pitching against in a trning game??
But for me it watching all I can and getting a 'feel' for the players and team in general until I get some good data to work with.

While we are on the subject of capping bases, anyone have some thoughts to share. There are many cappers here that are much better than myself, Hopefully they will share their thoughts

Thanks to CTG for letting me ramble on and supplying a good forum for us to share thoughts

GLTA

Yall carry on

Well hound, I placed pretty decent sized season total bets on unders for both my Dbacks and your Braves...here's to hoping for pretty poor seasons for both but hopefully a light at the end of the tunnel when all is said and done.

Have a year BH :cheers3:

and the rest
all x half unless noted, played earlier some lines may be different

957 San Francisco Giants* +103 vs Arizona Diamondbacks
957 San Francisco Giants/Arizona Diamondbacks* Under 9½ -180 x1

959 San Diego Padres* +148 vs Los Angeles Dodgers
959 San Diego Padres/Los Angeles Dodgers* Under 7 -150

961 Baltimore Orioles* +100 vs Tampa Bay Rays x1
961 Baltimore Orioles/Tampa Bay Rays* Over 6 -190 x1

964 Oakland Athletics* -148 vs Texas Rangers
964 Oakland Athletics* -1 -108 vs Texas Rangers
963 Texas Rangers/Oakland Athletics* Under 7½ -122

965 Los Angeles Angels* +116 vs Seattle Mariners
965 Los Angeles Angels/Seattle Mariners* Under 7½ -130

par50/93

1. 4/7/2015 8:30 PM College Women Basketball 671 Notre Dame - Women/Connecticut - Women* Under 156 -400
  2. 4/7/2015 7:10 PM MLB Baseball 951 Atlanta Braves* +2½ -290 vs Miami Marlins
    A Wood - L Listed M Latos - R Listed
  3. 4/7/2015 8:05 PM MLB Baseball 953 St. Louis Cardinals* +2½ -365 vs Chicago Cubs
    L Lynn - R Listed J Arrieta - R Listed
  4. 4/7/2015 8:10 PM MLB Baseball 955 Colorado Rockies* +2½ -300 vs Milwaukee Brewers
    J Lyles - R Listed M Garza - R Listed

par 50/86

1. 4/7/2015 10:10 PM MLB Baseball 959 San Diego Padres* +2½ -290 vs Los Angeles Dodgers
    T Ross - R Listed Z Greinke - R Listed
  2. 4/7/2015 7:10 PM MLB Baseball 961 Baltimore Orioles* +2½ -420 vs Tampa Bay Rays
    W Chen - L Listed N Karns - R Listed
  3. 4/7/2015 10:05 PM MLB Baseball 964 Oakland Athletics* +2½ -415 vs Texas Rangers
    C Lewis - R Listed J Hahn - R Listed
  4. 4/7/2015 10:10 PM MLB Baseball 965 Los Angeles Angels* +2½ -320 vs Seattle Mariners
    C Wilson - L Listed J Paxton - L Listed

par100/130

1. 4/7/2015 7:35 PM NBA Basketball 654 Atlanta Hawks* -330 vs Phoenix Suns
  2. 4/7/2015 8:05 PM NBA Basketball 658 New Orleans Pelicans* +11 -450 vs Golden State Warriors
  3. 4/7/2015 10:05 PM NBA Basketball 660 Sacramento Kings* -600 vs Minnesota Timberwolves
  4. 4/7/2015 7:10 PM MLB Baseball 961 Baltimore Orioles* +2½ -420 vs Tampa Bay Rays

par50/231

1. 4/7/2015 7:10 PM MLB Baseball 961 Baltimore Orioles* +2½ -420 vs Tampa Bay Rays
  2. 4/7/2015 7:05 PM NHL Hockey 51 New York Rangers* +1 -410 vs New Jersey Devils
  3. 4/7/2015 7:35 PM NHL Hockey 58 Detroit Red Wings* -245 vs Carolina Hurricanes
  4. 4/7/2015 8:35 PM NHL Hockey 62 Chicago Blackhawks* +1½ -520 vs Minnesota Wild
  5. 4/7/2015 9:05 PM NHL Hockey 64 Calgary Flames* -320 vs Arizona Coyotes
  6. 4/7/2015 9:05 PM NHL Hockey 65 Nashville Predators* +1½ -465 vs Colorado Avalanche
  7. 4/7/2015 9:35 PM NHL Hockey 67 Los Angeles Kings* -275 vs Edmonton Oilers

You have a weeks worth of plays in one afternoon!
GL today!

Thanks to everyone who stopped by with comments...their all appreciated

Latos is struggling ...if the fish dont get him out quickly my Braves Under is in trouble ealy

GL guys

Back