Trop Storm Hannah Tracking Thread--Saturday Will Be Wet

RJ Esq

Prick Since 1974
at200808_5day.gif

Looking at affected games off the top of my head, it looks like Duke, PSU, and ECU at the very least.

KC +17 anyone? or the under? a grind it out, ugly, let's keep Brady healthy for another week kinda game?

KC +17 anyone? or the under? a grind it out, ugly, let's keep Brady healthy for another week kinda game?
certainly a good angle....My issue is in the past when NE has wanted to grind out a game, they can run it very effectively if need be...and Welker will have a heyday on the short routes..

I could easily see 28-7 that way

It sure has turned a good bit, since I last looked at it at 4.

Looks like it will come on land right where I live......

Duke v. NW is interesting. First it's a 7pm local start. Then it's a 50% chance of light rain and there will be 15-25 mph winds. Also, it looks like the rain will have dumped there for about 24 hours prior.

It looks like the storm has moved back to the west which, which means Greenville will get dumped on, and the storm will go right over it. I would suggest keeping an eye on the ECU website to make sure they don't fuck with the time.

On a lighter note, I should be getting out of work early on Friday, so I ca start drinking for the weekend!!!!

Hoopsstar, Do you live in Wilmington? Hannah looks like it will just blow some leaves around, but Ike could make things a little more interesting next week.
:hang:

Yea, I'm in Wilmington. And you're right, Ike looks like hell out there. A category 4 already and nothing but warm blue water out there. The good part about Hanna is that it will only blow some leaves, but will make some shitty conditions for a football game. But we still have all day tomorrow to see what will happen. A lot of other schools changed games on monday when no one knew what was going to happen. but they can't give up that TV time.

It looks like the storm may make it here and pass a little ahead of schedule.

The local news just had a graphic up, and the storm should be completely gone by 6pm. I guess once Saturday gets here, and we can see how it looks once it hits land, then we'll be able to tell if it will be raining or not.

I'm not sure if anyone used it last year, but if you ask this weatherman a question about the weather in any part of the nation, he will answer, usually within the day. His forecasts are pretty accurate, and I used it as a capping tool last year.

This week, I asked him about the Penn State game and he responded, saying that rain may pass or be on it's way out by gametime, but Beaver Stadium has a good drainage system or something like that, so it shouldn't be a factor. How funny is that?

Try it out, even if it's just for kicks.
http://www.cbs3springfield.com/weather/interact

good shit houghton....

i sent them one for winston salem (wake) and durham (duke/NW)

we'll see what they say tomorrow, will post when i see a response

BUMP

[FONT=Courier New,Courier,monospace]Matt,

<http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/storm_graphics/AT08/refresh/AL0808W_sm2+gif/092242W_sm.gif>

The current track of this storm is going to put itself east of the locations in question...so I would worry less about wind, (it would still get breezy) but more about rain.
DurhamHanna.jpg picture by Salamano<http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u124/Salamano/DurhamHanna.jpg?t=1220627408>

Durham is still expected to get 2"-3" of rain from this storm...but at least it's not a hurricane.

The Wake game is at 3:30p...presumably closer to the time the storm will be moving through NC...though WS is much farther west of the anticipated track than Durham..

<http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/flt/t2/avn-l.jpg>

as of right now, you can already see the moisture field lining up west of center, and the strongest winds are going to be lining up east of center. You could get squalls and such during the games, but I would presume both would end up occurring. I think the Duke game, if it were held at 3:30pm, would have probably been delayed and/or moved. I think the rain won't be as constant over toward Winston-Salem compared to Durham (I'd say 1.5" of rain for WS and closer to 3" in Durham)...If you notice, at this time there isn't much convection on the south side of the system, so it's quite possible that after all this rain, you could have breaks in the clouds for the Duke Game...there it would just depend on how quickly water is drained off the field as to whether or not it'd be a mud-bowl.

I'm hoping some of this is information you can use...I hesitate to answer a specific weather condition for a specific prop or something (over/under, min points, etc. etc.) lest I be liable...so take all of this at your own risk :-)

If any of this confuses you...don't hesitate to ask about it.

Brandon Butcher
Chief Meteorologist - CBS 3 Springfield
[/FONT]

Look what i bolded LOL- and you cant tell me some of these weather guys dont play totals!!!!

I have a feeling it will blow over by game time. I guess we'll have to see how the back end of it looks, and if it slows down at all, but this thing is moving so fast that I doubt it will still be around for game time.

It is supposed to hit me about midnight, but there is a huge rain band coming in in about 30 min. I don't know how much longer I'll have power.

I have a feeling it will blow over by game time. I guess we'll have to see how the back end of it looks, and if it slows down at all, but this thing is moving so fast that I doubt it will still be around for game time.

It is supposed to hit me about midnight, but there is a huge rain band coming in in about 30 min. I don't know how much longer I'll have power.

Where exactly are you?

Keep us posted Hoopsstar. :shake:

Yee Haw....

The lights are starting to flicker....

Its raining pretty hard, and about 20mph steady out there.

:shake:

I think thats what he was sayinmg prettty much too....

but the field will definitely be DRENCHED in rain. while it may not be raining at game time in the duke/NW game, field conditions will still be shitty

As of this morning, it we are supposed to only get 4 inches out of the storm. Yes that's a shit load, but nothing like when that shit hovered over Florida for a few days.

If it slows down at all, then my ECU/EVU u50 should be golden. It will be close to being out of the area by the 430 kick, but it slows up at all....

Weather in Boston is Sunny and clear, rain came over night, should be getting more late afternoon, so bc/gtech game should be dry and sunny,

Look at the radar map, the ass end of the storm is swinging back around, and will come back through from the south.

It should be raining there for the next 2 hours or so.....

How about the under on UConn/Temple? Only at 38, but as of 10:15 AM, this storm is just beginning to enter Philly, so you have to figure that it will be a steady downpour throughtout.

But I don't think it will effect the game much, and I will probably be buying off my under bets, and just take the 2 point middle or so.....

I haven't decided yet.

I was on that under a few days go Dmoney, in anticipation of the storm....

I'm just surprised that it hasn't gone anywhere....

Still an hour and a half till kickoff....

I will be keeping an eye on the juice at Pinny, and act accordingly. 5dimes has the under at ev, but that doesn't mean shit. I don't know why people would be slamming the over there.

Holly Rowe is reporting from the stadium, and looks like a drowned rat.....

She said the field was firm, but a steady 24mph wind is projected with showers at game time....

I wonder if UNDER's aren't coming into play today. ESPN just had Holly Rowe on in West Virginia and it's windy as shit. 25 MPH winds and a lot of rain.

I wonder if UNDER's aren't coming into play today. ESPN just had Holly Rowe on in West Virginia and it's windy as shit. 25 MPH winds and a lot of rain.

I think so Bjorks just put in the under in this one

I don't know about the Temple game.....

An NFL stadium is going to have a good drainage system, and it will just start raining for kickoff.

I do question Temple's offense though, as they only had 250 total yards against Army, and scored on a 9 yard drive, a 98 yard kickoff, and a 17 yard fumble return.....

Just dropped another 1/2 at the Greek to 48. Looks like it could keep dropping here in the next few hours.

Yes ETG.... Greenville NC for future reference.

Also, ECU has a pretty open field, not a big bowl shape like most large stadiums. Only seats 43,000 and has a completely open endzone.

As I said, should be a steady rain the rest of the day, until kickoff.....

This storm produced very little rain along the North Carolina coast. Follow this link.

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/rfcshare/precip_analysis_new.php

I would not expect Greenville (ECU) to get much more rain at all, since the eastern and southern side of the storm has little to no rain. It is already sunny with little wind here in WIlmington, just about 100 miles south of Greenville. Rainfall totals are higher west of the path of the storm, so the more inland games (Duke and Wake) will have soggy fields.

Back