Travelers...

Travelers Championship, Tournament Winner: Dustin Johnson +2446

Travelers Championship, Tournament Winner: Marc Leishman +1369

Travelers Championship, Tournament Winner: Abraham Ancer +1956

Took these live, just trying to create leverage for the weekend.

I’d like to see Phil win. He is absolutely wrecking anyone’s DK teams who didn’t pick him. And I have 1 really good one (Rory, Hovland, Leishman, Oosthuizen, Lowry, Reed). I’d still bet he blows up tomorrow or Sunday. Will be looking for + matchups against him for the weekend.

I’d like to see Phil win. He is absolutely wrecking anyone’s DK teams who didn’t pick him. And I have 1 really good one (Rory, Hovland, Leishman, Oosthuizen, Lowry, Reed). I’d still bet he blows up tomorrow or Sunday. Will be looking for + matchups against him for the weekend.
Cheering for Phil too - happy to lock in a good price on him with a live bet Thursday.

I thought the blowup might come today, especially after the early bogey on 2. Thus far, I think he has employed a smart strategy for this course relying heavily on the 3 wood off the tee and backing off driver - even though I'm sure he was tempted to pull driver after watching Rory and Bryson let it rip. I thought this was an interesting quote from Phil that I read earlier: “I tried in LA to match it with Brooks (Koepka) and Bubba (Watson), and those guys are long,” said Mickelson. “I was trying to swing hard and I ended up missing the cut. I ended up not playing well and I learned from that.” Maybe it's not all about hitting bombs after all... I think he's caught lightning in the bottle for this week, similar to what he did at WGC Mexico in 2018 which was his first win since he won the 2013 Open at Muirfield.

For those looking into Masters lines, I'm seeing Phil at 100 to 1. Yes, the Masters is five months away, but should Phil win this weekend, I'd have to think he drops to the 30 to 40 range. I could see a strong finish moving him into 50-60. I like the speculative play here

Cheering for Phil too - happy to lock in a good price on him with a live bet Thursday.

I thought the blowup might come today, especially after the early bogey on 2. Thus far, I think he has employed a smart strategy for this course relying heavily on the 3 wood off the tee and backing off driver - even though I'm sure he was tempted to pull driver after watching Rory and Bryson let it rip. I thought this was an interesting quote from Phil that I read earlier: “I tried in LA to match it with Brooks (Koepka) and Bubba (Watson), and those guys are long,” said Mickelson. “I was trying to swing hard and I ended up missing the cut. I ended up not playing well and I learned from that.” Maybe it's not all about hitting bombs after all... I think he's caught lightning in the bottle for this week, similar to what he did at WGC Mexico in 2018 which was his first win since he won the 2013 Open at Muirfield.

For those looking into Masters lines, I'm seeing Phil at 100 to 1. Yes, the Masters is five months away, but should Phil win this weekend, I'd have to think he drops to the 30 to 40 range. I could see a strong finish moving him into 50-60. I like the speculative play here
Good stuff trash.

My thing with Phil is he usually is better the first 6 months than end of the year.

But, this is just an odd year.

The Masters, you can miss fairways. It's so much about course knowledge and missing it in the right spots (off tee and on greens). He knows it as good as any.

I think I just bet a sucker bet heavily but the line made no sense to me - maybe I wasn’t thinking clearly after 3 beers - but Phil -200 to be the top former ASU player over Rahm, Casey, Reavie seemed way wrong. Should be much higher than that. Guy is 7 strokes higher than Rahm already. May lose but I’ll take the value of the co-leader with a 7 stroke lead at -200.

I think I just bet a sucker bet heavily but the line made no sense to me - maybe I wasn’t thinking clearly after 3 beers - but Phil -200 to be the top former ASU player over Rahm, Casey, Reavie seemed way wrong. Should be much higher than that. Guy is 7 strokes higher than Rahm already. May lose but I’ll take the value of the co-leader with a 7 stroke lead at -200.

Wow is that blowup priced in or what.

Kind of bunched right behind the top. Niemann 3 shots from top 5.

Xander has to be the most underrated star in all of sports.

Pretty amazing that golf looked at the radar and decided to adjust so it could get played today. Wish other sports could be forward thinking like that (looking at you NASCAR) - but also, very nice of golf to let me watch a good chunk of it before heading to the lake

I’m not normally a proponent of hedge plays in golf with how many results are possible. But if Todd finishes at -18 with a 2 shot lead on DJ I think I might put some on him. The next closest guy is at -14 right now with a few left to play.

Took

Bryson -220 over Na
Hovland -175 over Stanley
DJ -200 over Todd
Zach Johnson -125 over Steele

Drinking the juice today - should be a fun Sunday - GL everyone

Also sweating my 2 H2H full tournament bets (Bryson over Rory, Dahmen over Glover) and my Phil -200 over Rahm/Reavie/Casey - certainly don’t feel good about that one. We shall see. Sunday Funday

Also sweating my 2 H2H full tournament bets (Bryson over Rory, Dahmen over Glover) and my Phil -200 over Rahm/Reavie/Casey - certainly don’t feel good about that one. We shall see. Sunday Funday

Good luck bro

SG is strokes gained, what follows next is the aspect of their game that they're "gaining" strokes verse the rest of the field. Here's an excerpt from the guy that originally created it

"Here is a brief explanation from Broadie himself: If a stroke starts on a tee where, according to historical data, the average score is four, and if it finishes at a position in the fairway where the average strokes to hole out is 2.8, then the tee shot has moved the ball 1.2 strokes closer to the hole with just one stroke. The single tee shot has gained 0.2 strokes compared to an average tee shot, so it has a “strokes gained” of 0.2. Strokes gained recognizes that sinking a 20-foot putt represents a better performance than sinking a three-foot putt, even though they both count as a single stroke on the scorecard. Strokes gained assigns a number to this intuition."
Thank you , mr scope. That’s too complicated for my aging brain cells

Aha! Someone savvy enough to pick D J

Aha! Someone savvy enough to pick D J

Thanks bull!

Had a few picks that lost. But felt great about dj from Friday night on. Really great.

Fun talking with you all on here, learned a lot. Not a huge golf guy other than majors mostly. Bar keeps me in the loop though.

Thank you ctg.

Hope you all won some cash.

Thanks bull!

Had a few picks that lost. But felt great about dj from Friday night on. Really great.

Fun talking with you all on here, learned a lot. Not a huge golf guy other than majors mostly. Bar keeps me in the loop though.

Thank you ctg.

Hope you all won some cash.
Thx for shaming me into it.

I’m running hot so I should probably just quit while I’m way ahead. One of the best runs I’ve been on. Hit Hatton at 50, Webb at 25 and DJ at 28. 3 of the last 4. I love fanless golf. I hope Covid never ends!!!!

I’m running hot so I should probably just quit while I’m way ahead. One of the best runs I’ve been on. Hit Hatton at 50, Webb at 25 and DJ at 28. 3 of the last 4. I love fanless golf. I hope Covid never ends!!!!
Awesome! Congrats man!!

Keep hitting it hard

Back