Trade Rumors

its shocking the dodgers didnt have to give up ethier. doesn't make any sense but im not complaining

Pirates got a fair trade, Dodgers killed someone and walked away, the Red Sox just screamed fuck Manny

im shocked if the sox are only getting bay. lol la gets manny for next to nothing. wow.

gjl... fla could had this if not for the extra 2 mill they wanted.

im shocked if the sox are only getting bay. lol la gets manny for next to nothing. wow.

gjl... fla could had this if not for the extra 2 mill they wanted.

i agree my friend i agree string me up beinfest was slinging his dick around and eventually got caught in the eye.... big mistake...

Pirates- Pirates got a fair trade in all honesty, Bautista isnt working out at 3rd, so Laroche might be a good replacement.I dont know much about Morris but Hansen and Moss are solid
Dodgers- They should fucking sacrafice a person to god...probably Andruw Jones would be a good choice
Red Sox - Bay is decent, he can play, but he doesnt have the intimidation factor, I would be pissed if i was a red sox fan today

The Pirates will be announcing a trade shortly, as they are a part of a three-team trade that involves the Pirates, Dodgers and Red Sox.
Manny Ramirez has been dealt to the Dodgers.

The Pirates will receive Brandon Moss (OF) and Craig Hansen (RHP) from Boston and Bryan Morris (RHP) and Andy LaRoche, the brother of Pirates' Adam LaRoche, from Los Angeles.

Jason Bay has been dealt to the Red Sox.

An official announcement is expected shortly.

-- Jenifer Langosch

we got the ass end of this deal

don't we always???

icon13.gif
pirates... :hang:

You really look at it.

Manny Ramirez, 2 prospects, and money - all for Jason Bay

This is insane, if they throw in Grabow, it makes a little bit more sense but not really

don't we always???

icon13.gif
pirates... :hang:

No dude, I thought we just got some 4 random dudes, we got great players. We got an AMAZING deal now that I look at it, giving up Bay which was gonna happen anyway for 4 great plaeyrs

tiger what do u think about bay in your lineup and where do u think he hits?

in all honesty not sure. i mean they recently flipped ellsbury to 9th with pedrioa leadout and youk 2nd. they have to move drew from 6th, hes the leading obp on the team yet he hits in front of fucking tek an lugo/lowrie/cora. maybe drew 3rd papi cleanup? not sure if ortiz wants to bat 4 or not. im guessing bay will bat 6th.

No dude, I thought we just got some 4 random dudes, we got great players. We got an AMAZING deal now that I look at it, giving up Bay which was gonna happen anyway for 4 great plaeyrs

i thuoght it was random players - i never heard of them i guess.

WHo we get? stats?

Bay is gonna hit similiar numbers as Ramirez did, just the name recognition isnt there. Bay has more HR's then Manny does this year and the same amount of RBI's. Could work out and Bay could be MVP for the Red sox next year

The Pirates will receive Brandon Moss, Craig Hansen, Bryan Morris and Andy LaRoche, brother of Pirates first baseman Adam LaRoche.

i still liked j-bay though....

i thuoght it was random players - i never heard of them i guess.

WHo we get? stats?

Laroche - 3rd base, should replace that idiot Joey Bats

Moss - .300 hitter and hits for average power

Hansen - needs work but has potential to be great

Morris - No nothing about him

Bay is gonna hit similiar numbers as Ramirez did, just the name recognition isnt there. Bay has more HR's then Manny does this year and the same amount of RBI's. Could work out and Bay could be MVP for the Red sox next year

im an AL guy, so ya bay has good numbers but that in the national league.

im certain lowell will stay in the 5 hole. not sure if ortiz only wants to hit 3, he had the switch from cleanup with manny a few years ago. i want drew moved up from the 6th spot

fuck man. kills manny's value in fantasy. Who is going to protect him Andruw Jones??? He will lead the majors in walks next year..

Im really cheering for Bay to make this work and this isnt a bust, hes a good guy and hes under acheived at times, but he can do a lot with that monster

yah pitt got good return from teh sox for sure. hansen was dubbed to be great for us but has struggled some. hes still young, but this year he comes in and is either lights out or awful. you guys got a steal with moss. hes been doing good in triple a, but theres no room on the big club. he'll be solid for you guys im sure.

I really cant believe that the Dodgers got away with this, even if Bay turns out to be the greatest player in Red Sox history, they gave up literally NOTHING. Kemp or Ethier had to be at least included in this

LaRoche is one of the top 3B prospects in the game... overrated and I'm not a fan... but he was a top 15 or so prospect the last 2 years. Hansen was drafted to be the Sox closer of the future. Moss will put up good numbers and w/ Bay gone could open the door for McCutchen as well now. Morris is one guy I've never heard of.

Im really cheering for Bay to make this work and this isnt a bust, hes a good guy and hes under acheived at times, but he can do a lot with that monster

Easy to underachieve if you're a competitive guy stuck on a team that perennially goes nowhere.

Back