Trade Rumors

Ken Rosenthal is changing his mind every 5 seconds...now hes saying the trade is off again

of course i have to sit on the internet to look at this shit espn has to have the senior pga champ on instead of a deadline show

luol whats the lineup goin to be like with griffey?

I imagine it will be something like

1. SS Cabrera
2. C AJ
3. LF Quentin
4. DH Thome
5. RF Dye
6. CF Griffey
7. 1B Swisher
8. 2B Ramirez
9. 3B Fields

Dye is batting 4th now, bit I figured the addition of another lefty bat in the lineup, Ozzie will try to break up the lefties and righties. Maybe Thome and Griffey will be swapped in my projected batting order. Against lefties, Thome and Griffey will probably get some time off giving some at bats to Konerko.

After all of this, I would find it funny as hell if Manny used his no trade clause and rejected the trade.

BAY to the DODGERS

After all the talks about Bay heading to Tampa Bay or Boston, it appears that the Dodgers may have landed the Pirates left fielder just prior to the 4 p.m. ET deadline.
MLB.com has confirmed that they were a late player in the race for Bay and that it was L.A. One industry source in Pittsburgh believes that a deal between the two clubs has been made.
Stay here for more details.
-- Jenifer Langosch

at least i got a little excitment out of today.. i was going to have a boring day off but at least the fish were trying

DODGER BLUE for MANNHY?

Just when it seemed the Red Sox weren't going to be able to find a deal for star slugger Manny Ramirez, they have reportedly dealt the right-handed hitting run producer to the Los Angeles Dodgers. SI.com reported the news. The Boston Globe also reported that the Red Sox had traded Ramirez, but didn't say where. Rumblings are that Jason Bay is in fact going from Pittsburgh to Boston to make it a three-way deal.

Details to come.

Ian

i love alexei since he is cuban but do u like aj hitting 2nd?

I dont think he's a #2 hitter for most teams, but I think it works for the White Sox because he's one of a few guys on the team that hits for a high average. He's been around .300 most of the year I believe. They need guys to get on base in front of the power hitters on the team and they dont have many options besides AJ. Swisher would be the only other guy because he can draw the walk, but his bat has been too cold to put there.

NESN believes the Red Sox are getting Jason Bay in a three-team deal, and SI.com confirms that's part of it. We imagine the Pirates are getting Matt Kemp or Andre Ethier and more, but that's just speculation.

PLEASSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEE

ESPN now reporting that Bay will be retiring from baseball and coaching minor league baseball

Wait...

ESPN now reporting Bay is going to somewhere in Japan

WTF

LOL, not to disrupt what we already know but....

ch. 4 in boston dan roche, said its just a two team deal, manny to la (not sure for who), and he also said bay to tampa bay?????????

DO NOT read into that because roche is a moron.

Pirates outfielder Jason Bay is headed to the Red Sox. The Pirates will receive Andy LaRoche and right-hander Bryan Morris from the Dodgers and outfielder Damien Moss and releiver Craig Hansen from the Red Sox.

The Pirates will be getting four minor leaguers. Heyman doesn't say whether they're all coming from the Dodgers or if Boston is giving up one or two. If it's all prospects to Pittsburgh, then players like Scott Elbert, James McDonald, Andrew Lambo, Ivan DeJesus Jr. and Austin Gallagher could be involved. The Dodgers might have to Juan Pierre back in center field now, with Ramirez in left and Matt Kemp in right. They've typically used Kemp in center when Andruw Jones has been unavailable, but neither Ramirez nor Pierre makes much sense in right.

laroche is garbage. i cant believe the dodgers got manny without at least giving up ethier

Wow the Dodgers just got away with absoulute murder, Boston might have to give up Hansen and Moss, but all the Dodgers give up are a few prospects and they get Manny

Back