Trade Rumors

~Utah

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
The Manny deal is officially dead

Pirates talking to the Rays about Bay...PITCHING ASSHOLES

I have a few people interning at KDKA in Pittsburgh and they are just IMing me with what they are hearing, and a friend interning at MLB.com , also IMing me...few sites out there if you look around..cbs.sportsline.

I havent heard anything about Huff even though i msurprised a contender isnt asking for him since hes been pretty hot of late

Griffey agrees to go to White Sox

By Tim Brown, Yahoo! Sports 2 hours, 25 minutes ago
  • <form method="post" action="http://buzz.yahoo.com/vote/" class="buzzvote" target="_new"> <input name="from" value="orion" type="hidden"> <input name="assettype" value="article" type="hidden"> <input name="guid" value="urn:newsml:sports.yahoo,yhoo:20050301:mlb,article,ti-griffeytrade073108:1" type="hidden"> <input name="publisherurn" value="y_sports" type="hidden"> <input name=".crumb" value="6OFx9vBAEnQ" type="hidden"> <input name="votetype" value="1" type="hidden"> <input name=".done" value="/article/y_sports/urn:newsml:sports.yahoo,yhoo:20050301:mlb,article,ti-griffeytrade073108:1" type="hidden"> <button type="submit">Buzz Up</button> </form>
  • Print

More From Tim Brown

At about the same time a Boston Red Sox official described a proposed three-way trade that would send Manny Ramirez to the Florida Marlins and also involve the Pittsburgh Pirates as “50-50 at this point,” Ken Griffey Jr. agreed to waive his no-trade rights and will leave the Cincinnati Reds for the Chicago White Sox, a source said Thursday.
The Reds, who also are taking calls on left fielder Adam Dunn, are expected to receive right-hander Nick Masset and second baseman Danny Richar in the trade. It is unclear how the White Sox will use Griffey, who hasn’t played center field in two years and hardly hits left-handers anymore. They are set at the corner outfield spots with Carlos Quentin and Jermaine Dye.
But he’s had a decent July, batting .271 with five home runs and 17 RBI, his best month of the season. He ranks sixth on the all-time run list with 608.

Griffey, 38, is in the final guaranteed year of a nine-year, $116.5-million contract. The club holds an option for next season for $16.5 million, with a $4 million buyout.
Richar batted .230 in 56 games for the White Sox last season and has spent this year in Triple-A. Masset has a 4.63 ERA in 44 2/3 innings for the White Sox this season.
As the clock ticked past noon Manny Standard Time, the Red Sox official said negotiations to unload Ramirez “have a lot of variables and is very complicated.” But a Pirates source sounded more optimistic, saying they are satisfied with their end of the deal, which would send outfielder Jason Bay to the Red Sox. The Pirates, who would get Jeremy Hermida from the Marlins as their centerpiece in the trade, have ceased trade discussions with other teams involving Bay.
Another source familiar with the negotiations said at 12:30 ET that, “It’s getting closer, but there’s still a chance it could fall apart.”

La Velle E. Neal III and Joe Christensen of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune have the latest Twins buzz.

Dodgers tried to pick up Greg Maddux but the Padres said no to the deal because they offered next to nothing

Toronto wanted to pick up Jason Bay, but the Pirates were being greedy wanting both Shaun Marcum and hot prospect Travis Snider, so the Jays had to end that shit.

i like his consistency as well he is always a tough out... i would agree he would be great to acquire

2:34pm: Jeff Blair says talks for Ibanez are ongoing. It's even possible (though unlikely) an Ibanez trade could allow the Jays to include Adam Lind in a deal.

Blair adds that the Marlins called the Jays about Matt Stairs.

The dodgers must think the Red Sox are ready to part with Manny for any price...The Dodgers arent offering Matt Kemp, they arent even offering Andre Etheir, just prospects now for Manny

2:43pm: MLB.com's Jonathan Mayo says there is no done deal - the Rays might not make Brignac available.

According to ESPN's Jayson Stark the Mariners backed out of a Raul Ibanez trade that would have netted them two major leaguers from the Blue Jays.

Stark just said they were major leaguers. Something like David Purcey and Brandon League for Ibanez might have made sense. However, the talks are now dead, according to Stark.
Related: Matt Stairs, Blue Jays

The dodgers must think the Red Sox are ready to part with Manny for any price...The Dodgers arent offering Matt Kemp, they arent even offering Andre Etheir, just prospects now for Manny

thank god. colleti has made a lot of terrible moves as GM. trading Kemp would take the cake tho.

Wow. Blankets has some dumb mother fuckers posting over there. A poster said TB had no bullpen therefore they weren't going anywhere. TB has one of the best bullpens in the majors. God I love this site. lol

i dont like tb but thats there best asset is pitching.. they are using the same marlins formula.. just dont know what kinda dimensions there new park will have

Can't believe TB didn't get Bay. They needed another bat in their lineup. Reports were that they wouldn't give up Brignac. At the beginning of the season management said they would open up the pockets a little. Well they did get Percival and Floyd but Bay would have been nice. Floyd has been hurt though. Bay would have put them over the top IMO.

Can't believe TB didn't get Bay. They needed another bat in their lineup. Reports were that they wouldn't give up Brignac. At the beginning of the season management said they would open up the pockets a little. Well they did get Percival and Floyd but Bay would have been nice. Floyd has been hurt though. Bay would have put them over the top IMO.

They do have Baldelli coming back, maybe this weekend. He's not a bad player when healthy.

i may cry... i had to suffer through heat injuries and fucking shit dolphins they couldnt give me this little bit

They do have Baldelli coming back, maybe this weekend. He's not a bad player when healthy.

True but you never know what you're going to get from him especially after being on the DL for so long. He was a solid player before his injuries. Rays are going to be a solid team for quite a few years. There minor league pitching as well as their major league pitching is real good.

Interesting. BAY may go to Boston now.

Back