Trade question

cappingbob

Pretty much a regular
I am now 0-2 and have the worst QB's in our league. I have M Bulger and M Cassell and they scored me a combined 20 points for 2 weeks.

I let it be known that I wanted to trade for a QB and was offered this trade:

(I get)
Eli Manning
C Portis
E James

for

L Tomlinson
R Moss

Is this as much of a no brainer as I have ever seen? :cheers:

the only sense in which it is a no brainer would be in the fact that you would have no brain if you even thought about accepting it

seriously

DO

NOT

DO

THIS

I should have explained it a little better. I will still have B Marshall, M Colston and B Johnson at receiver and we only start 2 each week. It will get me depth at running back with E Graham,Portis, James, C Johnson. J Stewart, and J Jones and we start 3. I will then be able to get Cutler for 2 of the backs.

I also think that Moss is going to have a down year with Brady out and who knows with LT's injured toe.

Thanks for the input!

i just dont know how much depth you get

edge is borderline worthless...your just trading for his name...hightower has more points than him this year

manning has no where to go but down...id rather play matchups with bulger and cassel

and i like portis...but hes not LT...LT has started slow before...hes still LT

yup i know, i just dont see the value in trading for Edge, Eli, and Portis. There's gotta be some decent QB on the waiver wire that would improve his team more than dumping Moss and LT to get Eli.

basically I see it as Eli and Portis for Moss and LT because of Edges role in Zona.

It's really impossible to trade LT right now, because his value is so low. Same with Addai and Jackson. You'll just need to hang on to them and hope they pan out.

Neither of your 2 QB's are starters.

Assuming your 3 starting RB's are LT (still a must start), Graham, and Jones; you could look to deal Chris Johnson. His value is high right now. I just offered Favre or Warner for Johnson in my league. The other owner has Anderson and Bulger at QB, so he's desperate. He's not starting Johnson, and I think this deal could get done.

You could also look to deal Graham for a Qb and keep Johnson. I don't think Jones' value will be as high, but you could try him too. Look for an owner who has a strong #1 every week QB and a solid backup, and get the backup.

I am desperately trying to trade Chad Johnson.. does anyone think this is stupid? he has fucked me two weeks in a row already. ..soemthing is clearly wrong

I am desperately trying to trade Chad Johnson.. does anyone think this is stupid? he has fucked me two weeks in a row already. ..soemthing is clearly wrong

You could try trading him to the Colston owner if he has no WR depth. I dunno what you're looking for. You could maybe get like Kevin Smith or Stewart in return (And maybe that is even asking too much). He has no value right now, he shouldn't even be a starter.

Wow I am surprised I disagree with mostly everyone here. I would strongly consider taking this deal, especially since we know that LT would probably sit out with a paper cut.

Wow I am surprised I disagree with mostly everyone here. I would strongly consider taking this deal, especially since we know that LT would probably sit out with a paper cut.

My problem here is the addition of Moss and Eli. You can't just count the best WR in the league out because of Brady. And you really can't consider Manning a piece you can count on as an every week #1 QB.

My problem here is the addition of Moss and Eli. You can't just count the best WR in the league out because of Brady. And you really can't consider Manning a piece you can count on as an every week #1 QB.

Good point, I would see if the guy you are trading with has anyone a little better than Edge (who is dead weight) that you replace in the deal and then go from there.

Im in the same boat with ya mad, I lost Brady, I now have Cassel and Trent Edwards, still, its only week 3, dont start panicing yet

how'd you end up with LT and Randy? thats remarkable.

and im pretty sure you could end up with a QB comparable to eli with one of your other players.

Back