Total openers discussion

Dmoney416

Ben Mauk's Counsel
Openers should start coming in about an hour. There were some weak numbers last week, and hopefully we can do it again this week.

Be back with what I am looking for in a bit. :cheers:

Im looking at
Missouri/Oklahoma Over
Wisconsin/Penn St Under
Florida St/Wake Under
Purdue/Michigan Over
GT/Miami Fl Under
Illinois/Iowa Under

Ok, here goes:

Michigan/Purdue OVER
: Michy should struggle a little with the spread while Purdue can't stop anybody.

SC/NC UNDER: Like this one, especially with each team coming off uncharacteristic high scoring games last week.

Kent St./Ohio St. UNDER: KSU will use back-ups this week, and will struggle to score. OSU will not rub it in if they are up big.

SDSU/Utah UNDER

Tulane/UAB UNDER

NMSU/La Tech OVER: Both teams coming off low scoring performances. Neither really boast too much of a defense. Anyone know if Holbrook will be back?

There are the obvious ones as well (TT/TAMU Over, Minny/NW Over, Tulsa/Marshall Over, etc), but these are ones I feel could have value given the situation and past performances/tendencies.

I think Oregon could put up 40-50 by themselves this weekend so well have to see what that one opens at

Quarterback Chase Holbrook (10/8, ribs) is questionable for Saturday's game against Louisiana Tech.

If anyone has better info than this, please post it. Thanks.

Can't find anything more definitive on Holbrook. Can't bet that one with his status up in the air.

Dmoney. Care to comment on that Utah/SDSU under?

Sure:

1. Just figure that I can get some value after Utah's uncharacteristic shootout against the Ville.

2. Utah's biggest weakness (with the exception of the Louisville game) has been against the run. SDSU has no semblance of a running game. Besides Brohm, they have been nothing short of spectacular against the pass.

3. SDSU has had a tough time scoring (except for Portland St.) and UTah averaged 18 ppg before Louisville (though Brian Johnson will help here).

just looking over the LVSC openers....

Cincy un 68 (Cincy Defense will limit Louisville)

Cal un 59 (doubt it will open this low, but the propensity for Oregon State to run the ball and their decent defense make this one attractive, to me at least. If OSU wants to keep it close they have to keep it away from Cal, no?)

Marshall ov ? (between Marshall and Tulsa, which one plays defense? Exactly.)

Wyoming/N. Mex un 50 (Wyo doesn't score much, altho they have been solidly getting into the low 20's. Their defense is their strong suit. N. Mex held a high powered Arizona squad to 27, and conference for BYU to 31, tho BYU was at home. 3 of L4 between these these 2 have gone way under this number, with 1 hitting 51. Will look into it more if it opens under 50, but anything over 50 I will play it, i think.)

I was certainly surprised by the 52 myself. Thought it might even touch 60 as I can certainly see a 42-28 type game.

I think that WYO line is to high as well.

i think that wyoming game opened at 46, and has gone up 2.5 points, either someone thinks that it is going to be a high scoring game, or the numbers are drifting up to the LVSC number, which is entirely possible

wyo up to 49.5

they haven't cleared 30 points 3 of the last 4 years against each other. i'm shocked it's climbing

wow, cincy opened at 72, when I got on there I saw 69 and stabbed at it immediatly as I thought the total listed at LVSC was too high at 68. good for me I guess, now I just need the two teams to cooperate.

I have not seen the total for MSU/Indiana but being an MSU grad and after watching them the last two weeks, MSU has no D to speak of. I barely play over/under but that o/u with Northwestern last week was unbelieveably low. Wonder if the books have adjusted yet.

isn't 65,5 a little high for the utep game, could that be an overraction to last weeks high scoring ECU game. Or does UTEp have a bit of an offense ?

I guess the books adjusted somewhat, I still think I like the over though. MSU literally forced Northwestern to punt I think twice the whole game. MSU's offense looked strong with RB Ringer and WR Thomas. Any one else with any thoughts on this one?

well I got the two I wanted, cincy under 69, and Marshall ov 68.5, and one I thought would open a little higher in Minn ov 66.

I am good with those, and will look into my other leans a bit more later.

Slim, you must be seeing something I am not, because I see no way that Louisville/Cincy game stays under 70.

mwebb, yeah, maybe, but it doesn't make me comfortable with the wager if you are perhaps leaning the other way.

I see a game plan for Cincy much like that of last year. A healthy dose of running the ball. The Cincy offense is very efficient, so if they can get 3 or 4 scores on the board, they will let the defense do the rest. And they should be able to contian Brohm somewhat, and cause him to throw a couple picks. The less time Louisville has the ball, the better I will feel. Cincy is a good offense too, no doubt, they just won't have to score 50 to win.

To a lesser extent, Cincy sure would like to end that 4 game losing streak vs the ville. with the way the cincy defense has been playing, I like my chances here

Back