Top 10 NIL Earners

Frank Costanza

Co-Inventor of the Man's Bra
For those more knowledgeable than me about the subject...Are the schools required to track all NIL deals and also disclose the #s?

Just curious how these top 10 #s are derived / how accurate they are.

1670529453457.png

Guessing I'll join you in not knowing much about the regulations

For all I know these guys can now have agents to negotiate the business side of things

Would rather watch XFL than a lower professional league like College Football.

I hate this system now so much.

I can tell you Quinn and Bijan didn't earn their keep

Robinson had a bad game against TCU but had 1,900 combined yards (rushing / receiving). Great season and, with the hands of a WR, was the best all-around RB in the country. Even better guy off the field.

Ewers was inconsistent and terrible on more-than-a-few occasions. But not as terrible as the head coach who neglected to pull him against Okie State and TCU.

Robinson had a bad game against TCU but had 1,900 combined yards (rushing / receiving). Great season and, with the hands of a WR, was the best all-around RB in the country. Even better guy off the field.

Ewers was inconsistent and terrible on more-than-a-few occasions. But not as terrible as the head coach who neglected to pull him against Okie State and TCU.
It doesn't matter what Bijan did, they could have had a second string guy from the MAC come in for $3.72 and a Big Mac who could have gotten 1,500 combined yards in the same opportunities and not fumbled away a game in overtime against Texas Tech.

I am not attacking his character or his skill. I am saying he wasn't (nor could be) worth the money

Kid from Cali that’s going to be QB at TN reportedly is getting 8 million.
Think that was total over 4 years. I imagine most of Bryce's $ came from Dr Pepper and Nissan rather than the Alabama collective, but I could be wrong

On one of the Texas games on ESPN they showed some products Robinson endorsed--one was a line of BBQ sauce--and said he made $2 million this year.

My guess is a lot of those numbers are inflated. No way to know for sure since, as several of you said above, there are no rules

Maybe this?

Bijan%20Mustardson%202.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: KJ
One instance where NIL is advantageous.

Boutte making 1.4 million is pretty sweet. Why risk the paycut maybe in the NFL when you probably only help your draft status?

Think that was total over 4 years. I imagine most of Bryce's $ came from Dr Pepper and Nissan rather than the Alabama collective, but I could be wrong

I had read several articles but none of them specified, but I’d assume you are correct

For those more knowledgeable than me about the subject...Are the schools required to track all NIL deals and also disclose the #s?

Just curious how these top 10 #s are derived / how accurate they are.

View attachment 71013
"free country" and a "free market", but this is still sad to me. I get all arguments "for" this. Still kinda sux

"free country" and a "free market", but this is still sad to me. I get all arguments "for" this. Still kinda sux

I’ve always banged the drum for saying they should make money and of course always thought plenty were getting bags of cash anyways, so not like im against it but don’t love the way it being done where we essentially now have college free agency and kids leaving on a dime to find highest bidder. Im naive enough to have hoped they could all get money without it now being all bout the money, guess that wasn’t realistic, lol.

I was kinda curious what some these kids were making but not enough to look it up, lol. I been overshooting on few their numbers, I usually throw out 5 mil for what I assumed the top kids making.

I was listening to some radio show or podcast where the guys were talking bout using it as a tool to keep a kid from entering draft, they were talking bout it specifically for kj Jefferson, seemed like a interesting idea to me, a kid like him who I would guess a mid round type pick if he can get a couple mil to stay another year and maybe help his stock that don’t seem like a bad deal.

I was kinda curious what some these kids were making but not enough to look it up, lol. I been overshooting on few their numbers, I usually throw out 5 mil for what I assumed the top kids making.

I was listening to some radio show or podcast where the guys were talking bout using it as a tool to keep a kid from entering draft, they were talking bout it specifically for kj Jefferson, seemed like a interesting idea to me, a kid like him who I would guess a mid round type pick if he can get a couple mil to stay another year and maybe help his stock that don’t seem like a bad deal.
I think one of the positives is that it will allow kids that need another year to develop to do so, rather than enter the draft prematurely because of finances. I know Alabama has had a few that had to go pro early because they had tough family situations (usually multiple kids) and any paycheck was better than whatever they were getting under the table at Alabama

I think one of the positives is that it will allow kids that need another year to develop to do so, rather than enter the draft prematurely because of finances. I know Alabama has had a few that had to go pro early because they had tough family situations (usually multiple kids) and any paycheck was better than whatever they were getting under the table at Alabama

Totally agree

I’ve always banged the drum for saying they should make money and of course always thought plenty were getting bags of cash anyways, so not like im against it but don’t love the way it being done where we essentially now have college free agency and kids leaving on a dime to find highest bidder. Im naive enough to have hoped they could all get money without it now being all bout the money, guess that wasn’t realistic, lol.
It could have been handled in a way that was fair to the players while not becoming out and out free agency/bidding wars, but the total lack of leadership from the NCAA allowed the schools to dictate how this went down and predictably this is the result. I think it will even out after a few years, and maybe even some sort of regulation, but it will be messy until we get there. If we're going to basically be a pro industry, there need to be very real ($$$) consequences for breaking the rules, like with tampering and inducement. Once the kids are on campus, I couldn't care less how much money they earn, and I hope they all get as much as possible. But until they sign, no $, and once they have signed, no contact from other programs unless and until they are officially in the portal

Remember these guys? Back in college, my old Economics professor would mentioned that LJ and Augmon walked around campus with $3k-4k in their pockets....this was in the early 90s. Cannot imagine the kids today with that kind of money on hand :holycow:

1671201906442.png

Back